SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a terrible Customer Service experience and I think it was a series of unfortunate events.

I have a couple of questions:
1) Does the Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition qualify for the $60 gaming coupon offer (i.e. I bought that and Portal 2)?
2) If the Kmart clerk forgot to scan my rewards card will that prevent the coupons from printing?

Here's what happened. My rewards card was not scanned but I picked up both the MK KE for $99.99 and Portal 2 for $59.99 and a 1600 Microsoft Point card for $19.99. It took the $10 off the MSP card but failed to print my $45 and $15 coupon even though I bought ~$160 worth of games. The customer service rep was trying to argue that MK KE was not software so it didn't qualify, then that it had to be one game that cost $120, and then she said that the coupons should've automatically printed if the games qualified. We were arguing for a bit. She said I can later get the points for the transaction if I call 1-800-991-8708. Then she claimed that since I got the $10 off the MSP card that I couldn't get the gaming coupon. After wasting a half hour I finally gave up and left since she said she couldn't do anything and the Electronics Manager wasn't there so come back in the morning. I'm hoping to get this straightened out. It sucks too because you can't return the MSP card once activated but I'm moreso concerned about my $60 worth of coupons since I otherwise would not have bought Portal 2.

I just sent Josh an email with the information he requested on the first page. Hopefully everything goes well or else I'll just have to return the games which I don't want to.

Does returning a game void the coupon? I'm kicking myself for not just buying Mortal Kombat when I bought Portal 2 yesterday and now I'm seriously considering it.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Just had a terrible Customer Service experience and I think it was a series of unfortunate events.

I have a couple of questions:
1) Does the Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition qualify for the $60 gaming coupon offer (i.e. I bought that and Portal 2)?
2) If the Kmart clerk forgot to scan my rewards card will that prevent the coupons from printing?

Here's what happened. My rewards card was not scanned but I picked up both the MK KE for $99.99 and Portal 2 for $59.99 and a 1600 Microsoft Point card for $19.99. It took the $10 off the MSP card but failed to print my $45 and $15 coupon even though I bought ~$160 worth of games. The customer service rep was trying to argue that MK KE was not software so it didn't qualify and then she said that the coupons should've automatically printed if the games qualified. She said I can later get the points for the transaction if I call 1-800-991-8708. Then she claimed that since I got the $10 off the MSP card that I couldn't get the gaming coupon. After wasting a half hour I finally gave up and left since she said she couldn't do anything and the Electronics Manager wasn't there so come back in the morning. I'm hoping to get this straightened out. It sucks too because you can't return the MSP card once activated but I'm moreso concerned about my $60 worth of coupons since I otherwise would not have bought Portal 2.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just return the MK KE and Portal 2 and have her rering it since those two items wouldve put you over $120 anyway.

That way, you coulda said "see, it is software".

Went to my local KMart today to get in on the $60 coupon deal. Parts of the coupons didn't print right and already look faded. In the past I haven't had much luck with thermal paper cash register receipt coupons staying in good condition to be used later anyway. When I checked my email later, I saw that KMart sent me copies of the receipt and the coupons. If I printed out the emails, would I be able to use those printouts instead of the originals?

[quote name='DPsycho']

You can give your phone number if you just want your purchase to be connected to your SYWR account without having to give the pin. The pin is only required when you're attempting to redeem your points to stop others from draining your account without permission.[/QUOTE]

I've shopped at three different stores (two states) so far. Before I got the physical card, I just had them enter my phone #. One time the cashier asked for my account number so pretty sure that is fine too.

Redeeming my points required a PIN most of the time. I think only once the cashier said he'll have to manually enter the account number; he copied my account # after I gave my phone # and then had my points applied.

I would think a PIN should be required but apparently it is not.

[quote name='confoosious']Why didn't you just return the MK KE and Portal 2 and have her rering it since those two items wouldve put you over $120 anyway.

That way, you coulda said "see, it is software".[/QUOTE]

We tried that but then she noticed that I couldn't return the 1600 MSP card and decided to void the return. She made it clear that she couldn't do more for me so I gave up and decided to come here and just email Josh instead.

It really sucks too because in the case that I do have to return the games and try again I'm stuck with paying full price for the MSP and I can't even play the games tonight in since they don't accept returns on open games naturally.

Update: I just read this and it looks like you did need to have your rewards card scanned in order to get the coupons. Hopefully Josh can fix this for me. The in-store employees were so clueless and didn't even know the sale was going on so I'm not surprised that they missed that detail. A case of lacking information on both of our parts. I really wish I would've saw that before to save myself all the trouble.

I've got $10 on my SYWR account.. can I buy two PSN cards for $40, use my $10 and pay $30, then get a $15 coupon since the total after tax was over $40?

Or will it not work because the two cards would equal $39.99?

[quote name='Cleaner7']We tried that but then she noticed that I couldn't return the 1600 MSP card and decided to void the return. She made it clear that she couldn't do more for me so I gave up and decided to come here and just email Josh instead.[/QUOTE]

what i meant was only return MK and P2, not the points card. She shouldve just let you do it.

but josh will hook you up.

Josh sent you an email about $20 PSN cards around the 91780, Southern California area. I cannot find any at the 5 K-marts closest to me.

[quote name='confoosious']what i meant was only return MK and P2, not the points card. She shouldve just let you do it.

but josh will hook you up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hope he can simply mail me the coupons since I want to use them for Infamous 2 or L.A. Noire.

[quote name='shosh']has josh been responding to emails? sent him one on sunday with no response.[/QUOTE]

I just sent the email so we'll see when he gets back to me and I'll post the results.

[quote name='Scorch']I've got $10 on my SYWR account.. can I buy two PSN cards for $40, use my $10 and pay $30, then get a $15 coupon since the total after tax was over $40?

Or will it not work because the two cards would equal $39.99?[/QUOTE]

technically, i think u meant 39.98, but it should equal $40 since psn cards r charged for 20 even, so u should be fine even if u use ur sywr points

[quote name='shosh']has josh been responding to emails? sent him one on sunday with no response.[/QUOTE]
You know what I think? Bow chicka wow wow. :booty:

I went back as far as 15 pages but will the move bundle work with the $60 gaming coupon deall?

I was going to K-Mart for deals very frequently when the SYWR points were the main form of deals, but ever since coupons came out, I've been hesitant to go back to K-Mart. So, I thought I'd ask for some help here hoping to get a good response. Hope you guys can help me quickly since my B-Day is on Friday but I want to get the stuff tomorrow (err... later today) to use on Friday :D Ok, so here it goes:

If I buy MK9, Portal 2 & 2 $20 PSN cards my total should be $139.98 + tax and I should receive both a $15 & a $45 coupon, right? Now, if I use my $10.72 in SYWR points (from a previous purchase) towards that, my total should be $129.26 + tax. Will using my points complicate anything and could I use the $60 in coupons right away to purchase a PS3 headset (currently, I only have a PS3 Eye and the sound (incoming) sucks on that) which is $49.99 and another $20 PSN card to bring my total to $69.99 + tax (yet, I only pay $9.99 + tax)? Or would it be better if I wait and use my points on the headset and 3rd PSN card, leaving me to only pay the taxes on that transaction? Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance :)

[quote name='ILLregular']I was going to K-Mart for deals very frequently when the SYWR points were the main form of deals, but ever since coupons came out, I've been hesitant to go back to K-Mart. So, I thought I'd ask for some help here hoping to get a good response. Hope you guys can help me quickly since my B-Day is on Friday but I want to get the stuff tomorrow (err... later today) to use on Friday :D Ok, so here it goes:

If I buy MK9, Portal 2 & 2 $20 PSN cards my total should be $139.98 + tax and I should receive both a $15 & a $45 coupon, right? Now, if I use my $10.72 in SYWR points (from a previous purchase) towards that, my total should be $129.26 + tax. Will using my points complicate anything and could I use the $60 in coupons right away to purchase a PS3 headset (currently, I only have a PS3 Eye and the sound (incoming) sucks on that) which is $49.99 and another $20 PSN card to bring my total to $69.99 + tax (yet, I only pay $9.99 + tax)? Or would it be better if I wait and use my points on the headset and 3rd PSN card, leaving me to only pay the taxes on that transaction? Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

The coupon wont be available for use right away. I think you can use it starting Sundayish

does anyone know if Kmart carries Socom 4 Full Deployment at their store? They carry it online but its OOS and I want to get the $60 coupon. And I dont want any smart assess telling me to call because we know the idiots that answer know as much as me.

[quote name='lakers2008']does anyone know if Kmart carries Socom 4 Full Deployment at their store? They carry it online but its OOS and I want to get the $60 coupon. And I dont want any smart assess telling me to call because we know the idiots that answer know as much as me.[/QUOTE]

Josh said no Full Deployment

I'm thinking MK + 1600 MS Points + ? = HUGE win considering I have $40 more in SYWR points :D

Gaming coupons redeemable 4/24/11 to 5/21/11....

Hmmmm gotta check release dates....

[quote name='$hady']Searched back through 10 pages and never saw the answer to this:

What are the valid dates on the $45/$15 coupons you receive for spending $120?

THANKS!

I'm thinking MK + 1600 MS Points + ? = HUGE win considering I have $40 more in SYWR points :D[/QUOTE]

Instead of checking 10 pages you should have just checked the OP. :)

4/24/11 to 5/21/11

[quote name='dino88']Instead of checking 10 pages you should have just checked the OP. :)

4/24/11 to 5/21/11[/QUOTE]

LOL yea I had checked that already and didn't see it so I looked back and didn't see it... Posted then looked again and saw it before your post lol.... It's way to early to be up!!!! HAHA that's my excuse! ;)

Guess i'll do: MK + $10 1600 XBL points + normal 1600 XBL points + Crysis 2 = $130 + tax - $40 SYWR points I have to spend.

Trade Crysis to Amazon for $36.75 and have $60 in coupons for later. Nothing else I really want right now so maybe just take the $5.60 loss with tax on Crysis trade ti get the extra coupon...

[quote name='lakers2008']does anyone know if Kmart carries Socom 4 Full Deployment at their store? They carry it online but its OOS and I want to get the $60 coupon. And I dont want any smart assess telling me to call because we know the idiots that answer know as much as me.[/QUOTE]

^ This frustrates me. I can think of another example (Black Ops Prestige and possibly Hardened) where Kmart has items listed for sale that they aren't even stocking; not online and not instore. Josh took excellent care of me but I was ready to murder someone when I preordered both the Hardened and Prestige editions of Black Ops and signed up for shipvantage to get them ASAP only to find out two days after the game was released that Kmart was trying to cancel my orders due to them being out of stock when in reality they never even carried the item so they had NO BUSINESS advertising them on their website

Well, I have seen(and bought) Hardened Editions in store at Kmart, and seen Prestige editions at multiple stores. So they did carry them in store.

[quote name='dabamus']Well, I have seen(and bought) Hardened Editions in store at Kmart, and seen Prestige editions at multiple stores. So they did carry them in store.[/QUOTE]

You saw Black Ops Prestige Editions in store? When? I am 100% certain that a Kmart rep; either Josh or Dan very kindly handled a case for me in November regarding stores not getting a shipment from Activision

Yeah I did. Maybe a month or month and a half ago. I haven't been to that store since then, so I don't know if it is still there or not.

^ Thanks for that information.. make me a little bit more confused as to what the problem really was then with my Kmart.com preorders. Maybe Kmart just didn't get them (Hardened/Prestige) during the first wave like the rest of the retailers..

Anyways... Are we supposed to still be getting gaming coupons sent to our e-mail? Everything went smooth with my purchase yesterday ($15/$45 Gaming Coupon) but I also got the coupons e-mailed to my inbox. I just want to make sure this isn't a scam possibility as it was before....

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Thanks for that information.. make me a little bit more confused as to what the problem really was then with my Kmart.com preorders. Maybe Kmart just didn't get them (Hardened/Prestige) during the first wave like the rest of the retailers..

Anyways... Are we supposed to still be getting gaming coupons sent to our e-mail? Everything went smooth with my purchase yesterday ($15/$45 Gaming Coupon) but I also got the coupons e-mailed to my inbox. I just want to make sure this isn't a scam possibility as it was before....[/QUOTE]

The employee pressed the print & email options for your receipt. It's the same coupon but now you have it on your email in case you lose it.

I do remember people claiming to have bought them upon release in the kmartgamer thread at the time (no clue which thread though) not sure if both were

What will happen with regards to my coupons if I exchange one of the games I bought (unopened) for another of equal price? At my local store they typically process an exchange as a return followed by a new purchase, which I imagine would possibly cause problems.

I'm kind of iffy on LBP, as I just read that LBP2 is fully BC with it, so I'd imagine anything that can be done in 1 can be done in 2. Plus I just realized it's $11 on Amazon, so I figured I'd use the $30 on another game.

[quote name='GBAstar']You saw Black Ops Prestige Editions in store? When? I am 100% certain that a Kmart rep; either Josh or Dan very kindly handled a case for me in November regarding stores not getting a shipment from Activision[/QUOTE]

I have seen both Hardened and Prestige in stores, I think I know of a store still with a Prestige edition in stock still actually.

^^^Well I am extremely mistaken...

Maybe what the kmart rep meant was that they didn't receive a shipment set aside for preorders/online orders?

Knowing how few of LE/CE/SE Kmart gets I suppose thats a good possibility

I told my brother in law about the deals so he went to Kmart to pick up both games and a 1600 card, but because the card was triggering 2 $10 discounts, he couldn't get the coupons because the total wasn't ringing up over $120 bucks, had to return the games, and find a clearanced game to get the coupons to trigger.

Anyone else have this problem? At a different store, mine went through just fine with the three items. Does it have to do with when you give them your SYWR card? Like if you give it to them after they total and add tax so then it's over the $120?

How is this a great deal? The gaming coupons expire May 21, 2011 and our current rewards points (SYWR) will not count toward the $60 or $120. Raw deal if you ask me.

[quote name='Vacabck']I told my brother in law about the deals so he went to Kmart to pick up both games and a 1600 card, but because the card was triggering 2 $10 discounts, he couldn't get the coupons because the total wasn't ringing up over $120 bucks, had to return the games, and find a clearanced game to get the coupons to trigger.

Anyone else have this problem? At a different store, mine went through just fine with the three items. Does it have to do with when you give them your SYWR card? Like if you give it to them after they total and add tax so then it's over the $120?[/QUOTE]
It worked with PSN cards at least through Tuesday. You could buy MK/Portal + PSN card and PSN card would be free plus you'd still get the coupons. The 1600 point card is 1 penny less than the PSN card, so either that is the issue or they have since fixed it so it doesn't work to give you the coupons.

[quote name='jjohan35']How is this a great deal? The gaming coupons expire May 21, 2011 and our current rewards points (SYWR) will not count toward the $60 or $120. Raw deal if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
Yes your SYWR points will count towards the $40/$120. I used $15 in SYWR taking my total cash spent down to $112.XX and I still got the coupons. It's been said multiple times that using SYWR won't effect it.

I agree though it does suck they expire so soon. Luckily LA Noire comes out within that window so I'm not worried. There's also Brink. I guess if you're not into anything coming up though it would suck.

[quote name='jjohan35']How is this a great deal? The gaming coupons expire May 21, 2011 and our current rewards points (SYWR) will not count toward the $60 or $120. Raw deal if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

It is a great deal (if you want another game within the next month). 60 dollars and half off psn/360 cards if you buy portal 2- MK.. How is that NOT a good deal??? If the complaint is the expiration date, I understand if the complaint is the expiration date-less than a month before it expires is a huge bummer-but it works for me because LA Noire released the 17th (i think). it all depends on what games release during the coupons use date. I would like to see the coupons last 60 days on or about as game releases during spring/summer can be poor-at least good games.

BTW: Josh I sent a couple emails regarding my situation, no response yet.

[quote name='DarthWoo']What will happen with regards to my coupons if I exchange one of the games I bought (unopened) for another of equal price? At my local store they typically process an exchange as a return followed by a new purchase, which I imagine would possibly cause problems.

I'm kind of iffy on LBP, as I just read that LBP2 is fully BC with it, so I'd imagine anything that can be done in 1 can be done in 2. Plus I just realized it's $11 on Amazon, so I figured I'd use the $30 on another game.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost in the same situation, I would also like to know what will happen to the coupons.

I'm going to repeat that I used SYWR points towards the $120 total and got both coupons fine.

Also there are a large number of big releases between now and the coupon expiration. Far from a "raw deal".

I dunno why there's so many people quick to jump on this thread and be negative..

Where did you get this impression? I know someone already corrected you but since there have always been countless posts confirming that you can use SYWR points and none stating otherwise, I'm just curious how you got to this.

[quote name='sasuke543']I'm almost in the same situation, I would also like to know what will happen to the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I had the same situation exchanging a game for another that i wanted to give as a gift.
At first the customer service desk wanted to make me pay for the coupon difference for the new game, but after some (polite) explanation they did an even exchange.

You just have to make sure that the item you are exchanging for would not have affected the promotion or what coupons you would have originally recieved.

Certainly not something that they HAVE to do so be patient and pleasant - will likely involve an override and a manager.

[quote name='ShockandAww']
I agree though it does suck they expire so soon. Luckily LA Noire comes out within that window so I'm not worried. There's also Brink. I guess if you're not into anything coming up though it would suck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was hoping for Dirt 3 but it'll miss by 3 days it looks like, already paid for LA Noire elsewhere for the DLC. I have confidence that I'll find something to spend the coupons on but it sucks that they are only good for not even 30 days this time.

[quote name='sadboy']You know what I think? Bow chicka wow wow. :booty:[/QUOTE]
I usually forward them over to Jim to answer actually. I can follow up on status though.

[quote name='Vacabck']Yeah, I was hoping for Dirt 3 but it'll miss by 3 days it looks like, already paid for LA Noire elsewhere for the DLC. I have confidence that I'll find something to spend the coupons on but it sucks that they are only good for not even 30 days this time.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully the test here will prove that we can extend the days on the coupons for this type of test.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I usually forward them over to Jim to answer actually. I can follow up on status though.[/QUOTE]

no comment on the bows, chickas, or wows. Knew you were too classy for that, SHC.

I have about 25 from Tuesday at 1:36p.m.

I am shooting to have them finished by 6p.m. tonight.

I wholeheartedly recommend emailing Jim as much as you can for a speedier response. He is definitely here to assist me in order to give you guys the best help possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back