SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, the deal would have worked regardless of their ignorance. If in the small chance it would not have worked out, we would have sent you a gift card to honor the deal.

However! Please send [email protected] what happened and the store detail and we will still actually love to help regardless of not purchasing the game. We love feedback positive and negative![/QUOTE]

Alright cool, thanks for the info. The Kmart deals have been really interesting to me lately so I'll make sure to rectify my mistakes.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I received a new title, I still be 100% involved in video games and KmartGamer, actually, KmartGamer just became my full time job.

I'll finally be getting a buyer to take over my current daily job so I can really make this thing run the way it should!

We're going to make this thing rock.[/QUOTE]
So...congratulations? I mean, is it a promotion?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I received a new title, I still be 100% involved in video games and KmartGamer, actually, KmartGamer just became my full time job.

I'll finally be getting a buyer to take over my current daily job so I can really make this thing run the way it should!

Hey, congratulations! So this means that the blog and presumably the new site will be your domain then, yes? If so, I for one would like to welcome our new Kmartgamer overlord. :) I think the site has a lot of potential. Good luck with it!

[quote name='exaznkid']i have two questions, if i buy mortal kombat and crysis 2 as well as 2 psn cards do i get the do i get the instant savings of $20 as well as the $60 coupon? also does the instant savings for the psn cards deter from the subtotal for the coupons?[/QUOTE]

ummm for the first part you pay like 140 plus tax ( meaning you save 20 total) and you also get the 60

second part: not sure:|

Guys, I saw on logicbuy.com they mention that when I buy ps3 killzone 3 bundle I will get $60 gift card is that true? Since the game is include with the console so it counts as a video game software? Please confirm it for me.

[quote name='cubeenigma']ummm for the first part you pay like 140 plus tax ( meaning you save 20 total) and you also get the 60

second part: not sure:|[/QUOTE]

$140? how am i saving $20 when crysis is $40 mk is $60?

ps3 killzone 3 bundle I will get $60 gift card

I believe that was a deal from last week or the week before. I do not believe it is valid anymore.

Success at store #4451 in Doroville, GA. I was able to get Portal 2, MK/w tshirt, a psn and xbl card, and both coupons printed.

:applause: congrats man! you deserve it!

exaznkid

You will only get $10 off one psn card for buying Mortal Kombat

MK 59.99
Crysis 39.99
PSN card $20 -10= $10
PSN card 20

Most places do not charge tax on PSN cards, since the network adds tax.

If you bought Portal 2 you would get another $10 off a PSN card

Does the rockband 3 keyboard bundle work for the $60 coupon promotion" I'm not sure if that counts as a hardware or software purchase since it has both.

Congrats! You've been doing an awesome job, good that your superiors recognize that. Kmart could really be a huge force at retail in this industry - i have no problem with that with you at the helm.

Take down that gamestop tyrant!

[quote name='jer7583']
Take down that gamestop tyrant![/QUOTE]

They have been making good deals, but games are still not cheap enough for me to not trade them in from time to time, thus there will always be a need for Gamestop for me since I won't touch a Best Buy any more and Amazon has been a bit wonky with accepting trades from time to time.

I don't think that Kmart is really going after the Gamestop crowd though, more like trying to take on Target and Wal Mart since where you see a Kmart, there is usually one of those close by. Which can be a good thing if they start to notice they are losing game sales, I think Wal Mart has already started doing credits now and Target is sloooooooooooooowly trying to do the same thing from time to time.

Both Bohemia and Farmingdale stores in NY had the MK collectors edition for both PS3 and 360 in stock as of an hour ago, if anyone in the area is looking.
Unfortunately neither store had the PSN cards in stock.

[quote name='cubeenigma']this is what I've been searching for for like 2 hours now. I plan on buying MK + P2 + either a PSN card or 1600 and I really hope it prints out both. my idea was that since the 1600 is 19.99 it won't discount the 10 twice since it'll essentially be giving you a cent. but I really don't know :/ need more feedback that's current! D:[/QUOTE]

Someone has confirmed this happening to him. Even against a single $19.99 XBox card, the register deducted 10.00 from the purchase twice and the coupons printed. It seems that the card triggers the coupons before the discounts apply.

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Can you use gaming coupons on systems such as a psp?[/QUOTE]

Generally, yes. Systems don't count toward earning these coupons, but the 15&45 can be applied to software, accessories, hardware, and (I believe) point cards as well.

This may have been posted before but what happens if you buy something with the coupon but then decide you want to exchange for something of similar value or could you get a store credit...is that possible or are you just out the $60 coupon?

Like a bunch of people are saying, there's nothing great coming out before 5/21.

Thanks in advance for any help and my apologies if this has been asked before but I have trouble keeping up with this thread.

Congrats brother!!!!

Edited because asking a question on this site is apparently an invitation to ridicule.

Says it all in the OP...

The coupons print based on the pre-tax total, purchasing two $59.99 games will not trigger the $60 coupon

Picked up MK, Portal 2 and a 1600 pt. card. Didn't realize that purchasing both games took off 10.00 twice! (Yes!) Used my $26 in reward points on the purchase and got the two coupons for $60. Pretty awesome deal to me. This was at one of the Omaha, NE stores if anyone is interested.

I just got an email saying that i get 25k extra SYWR points if i spend more than $150 on 4/22 and 4/23. That basically makes this deal nuts with the extra $25 dollars and my 10x rewards this month.

Think I'm gonna buy portal 2 tomorrow because they are having a deal with SYWR on Friday and Saturday. Someone here should have gotten the email too!

[quote name='F_L_A_W']Edited because asking a question on this site is apparently an invitation to ridicule.[/QUOTE]
only if it is a dumb question

[quote name='jaredstorm']Think I'm gonna buy portal 2 tomorrow because they are having a deal with SYWR on Friday and Saturday. Someone here should have gotten the email too![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got the email too! This would have been perfect for Tuesday... It would have been the best deal EVVEEERR. :whee:

No luck again at my Kmart, the guy said they didn't get Portal 2 in and for me to check back the middle of next week? Second trip, same results but my first problem at this particular store. Jim, I sent you an email, thanks...

[quote name='DPsycho']Generally, yes. Systems don't count toward earning these coupons, but the 15&45 can be applied to software, accessories, hardware, and (I believe) point cards as well.[/QUOTE]

thx

Does anyone know of a way to see all of the clearance prices for in store games? Went to the store today and saw several games in the case that I would consider getting if the price is right, but since they were turned sideways I could not see the price (not that it would be marked correctly anyways) and I didn't feel like bothering a worker to ring up all the games to check the price.

I saw the clearance list on the front page of this thread but there are more games that I would expect to be on sale that aren't listed, such as battlefield bad company 2, castlevania, perhaps dead rising 2, etc.

To the two people that received the SYWR emails, please tell me that you are NOT silver or gold members. I've been waiting for another bonus day to make a particular purchase from KMart, I would love to get it this weekend.

[quote name='Midnight Express']No luck again at my Kmart, the guy said they didn't get Portal 2 in and for me to check back the middle of next week? Second trip, same results but my first problem at this particular store. Jim, I sent you an email, thanks...[/QUOTE]

they're lying to you.

Demand satisfaction, and that they get off those lazy asses. Corporate will have a word with them, hopefully.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']To the two people that received the SYWR emails, please tell me that you are NOT silver or gold members. I've been waiting for another bonus day to make a particular purchase from KMart, I would love to get it this weekend.[/QUOTE]
I got the email a little while ago and am not silver or gold member.

What does it mean if you ARE a silver or gold member?

I already got the ps3 version of portal 2, but I want the Xbox version too. I hate multiplatform games on PS3, anyone else like this?

Cool. Thanks.

I wanted to make sure that they weren't silver or gold members to find out if I just hadn't received an email yet or whether it was a special promotion. That's all.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']To the two people that received the SYWR emails, please tell me that you are NOT silver or gold members. I've been waiting for another bonus day to make a particular purchase from KMart, I would love to get it this weekend.[/QUOTE]:wave: I'm not a silver or gold member, and I also got the email. I'll go ahead and summarize it below, just so it's here (in spoiler tags to prevent SDers from discovering this by accident):

On Friday, 4/22, and Saturday, 4/23, you can earn bonus SYWR points on qualifying purchases (I checked and video games should be included in this :D) according to the following ranges:

$50-74.99: 5,000 points ($5)
$75-99.99: 10,000 points ($10)
$100-$149.99: 15,000 points ($15)
$150 or more: 25,000 points ($25) :hot:

So for example, you could buy Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat (if you haven't already), get a $20 points card for free (assuming the glitch is still active), throw in Crysis 2 (on sale this week for $39.99) for a total of $159.97, and get $60 in coupons and $25 in bonus SYWR points.

...Um, WOW. That's $85 back on a $160 purchase. :shock:

On a side note, has anyone been able to confirm if buying two copies of MK with a single $20/$19.99 points card will trigger the "free card" glitch, or if it will merely take $10 off of that single card?

[quote name='jaredstorm']What does it mean if you ARE a silver or gold member?

I already got the ps3 version of portal 2, but I want the Xbox version too. I hate multiplatform games on PS3, anyone else like this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought the PS3 version at kmart with the deal but ordered the 360 version from amazon later.

I just love those achievements and the controller. Mostly bought the PS3 version for the free steam copy. It runs great on my laptop and looks incredible. Nice to have the 360 one though to co-op with friends who all play on 360.

Exactly! PSN sucks for co-op. I got the ps3 version for the free PC copy. And hopefully Steam will take off on PSN, it's looking doubtful as of right now.

quick question, would that sywr deal for tomorrow and saturday have worked if i used sywr and gift cards - say i spent 177, and took off about... 90 bucks in sywr and gift cards, would i still get the $25 or only 10? i am hoping u guys will say only 10 cuz those r real figures i used since i went out and bought mk and portal 2, sly collection and 2 psn cards today... dammit... -.-

Exactly! PSN sucks for co-op. I got the ps3 version for the free PC copy. And hopefully Steam will take off on PSN, it's looking doubtful as of right now.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']quick question, would that sywr deal for tomorrow and saturday have worked if i used sywr and gift cards - say i spent 177, and took off about... 90 bucks in sywr and gift cards, would i still get the $25 or only 10? i am hoping u guys will say only 10 cuz those r real figures i used since i went out and bought mk and portal 2, sly collection and 2 psn cards today... dammit... -.-[/QUOTE]Since the SYWR points and GCs are applied to the total at the end of the purchase (i.e. after tax has been calculated), I think you would have received the $25 in bonus points...That's tough luck. :cry:

Maybe you could return/rebuy tomorrow or Saturday? This is Kmart, though, so that might not be allowed...

[quote name='SPVietBoy']quick question, would that sywr deal for tomorrow and saturday have worked if i used sywr and gift cards - say i spent 177, and took off about... 90 bucks in sywr and gift cards, would i still get the $25 or only 10? i am hoping u guys will say only 10 cuz those r real figures i used since i went out and bought mk and portal 2, sly collection and 2 psn cards today... dammit... -.-[/QUOTE]
Can't say for sure but looking at how the deal triggers work for the coupons I would guess you would have gotten 25, but that's just my guess.

[quote name='Vigilante']:wave: I'm not a silver or gold member, and I also got the email. [/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was hoping it was along the same lines of when I recently bought my Kinect. The cashier was excited for me looking at my points. I didn't even realize that part of the promotion. :D I was there for the coupon.

[quote name='Vigilante']Since the SYWR points and GCs are applied to the total at the end of the purchase (i.e. after tax has been calculated), I think you would have received the $25 in bonus points...That's tough luck. :cry:

Maybe you could return/rebuy tomorrow or Saturday? This is Kmart, though, so that might not be allowed...[/QUOTE]
While the return/rebuy should work, I think it would get ugly fast. Would have to return coupons, give back $20 discount over the 2 cards and rebuy all plus 2 new cards. Would need a smarter than average and patient employee.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']quick question, would that sywr deal for tomorrow and saturday have worked if i used sywr and gift cards - say i spent 177, and took off about... 90 bucks in sywr and gift cards, would i still get the $25 or only 10? i am hoping u guys will say only 10 cuz those r real figures i used since i went out and bought mk and portal 2, sly collection and 2 psn cards today... dammit... -.-[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it works for a GC, BUT I DO KNOW that if you redeem your SYWR dollars or use gaming coupons, then you'll only get the equivalent of what you actually paid out as your new points.

I know this because I am looking at a receipt in which I used SYWR dollars and gaming coupons and only received points on what I paid in the end. Hope that helps.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']I don't know how it works for a GC, BUT I DO KNOW that if you redeem your SYWR dollars or use gaming coupons, then you'll only get the equivalent of what you actually paid out as your new points.

I know this because I am looking at a receipt in which I used SYWR dollars and gaming coupons and only received points on what I paid in the end. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]I think (i.e. I'm not positive) that that only applies to the base SYWR points for your purchase, and that you'd still receive the bonus points based on your original total.

So if you bought $150 worth of games and took $20 off using SYWR points, you'd only get 1300 SYWR points for the base value of the now-reduced total of $130, but you would still receive the 25,000 bonus points since the initial total was $150. At least, that's what I hope would happen, as I might try to do something very similar. :whistle2:#

[quote name='camelking6969']only if it is a dumb question[/QUOTE]

That's why the opening line of my post was "forgive me if I'm asking a question that may have already been answered." I looked around a bit and I couldn't find anything in favor of or against the idea that it was calculated pre-tax except for on this site. I wanted to be sure this information was correct from anyone who may have had firsthand knowledge of the situation and could tell me directly.

A simple "yes, that information is correct" or "No, you will still get your coupon because _____" would have sufficed, but just like most other forums, if you don't know what everyone else does then you're going to hear about it instead of getting a flat answer that would take half the effort for someone to type.

Even when I acknowledge the question may be common knowledge to others and ask for you guys to pardon my question in a civilized manner, there's no straight answer without an "are you kidding me?" or "it's posted everywhere" backhanded comment. But hey, whatever. I got my answer, so if it makes you feel better about choosing to be condescending instead of just plain helpful, go ahead and enjoy yourselves.

[quote name='Vigilante']I think (i.e. I'm not positive) that that only applies to the base SYWR points for your purchase, and that you'd still receive the bonus points based on your original total.

So if you bought $150 worth of games and took $20 off using SYWR points, you'd only get 1300 SYWR points for the base value of the now-reduced total of $130, but you would still receive the 25,000 bonus points since the initial total was $150. At least, that's what I hope would happen, as I might try to do something very similar. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the opposite. The fact is get the net amount as the calculation for the points also means the computer uses the net amount to calculate if you qualify for the 25k bonus.

I guess we'll find out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back