SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to ask since I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere already but I didn't catch it. If my store doesn't have any of the $20 PSN cards will it still take the $10 off of a 1600 pts card if it is the PS3 versions of the games that I am purchasing? I would imagine yes but would like to be sure.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Okay, since Josh isn't here to stop me here is next week's ad/deals.

250GB Xbox w/ Kinect - Get a $60 gaming coupon
Halo Reach - $39.99
Save $10 on Microsoft Kinect games - Joy Ride, Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, Dance Central

Crysis 2 PS3/XB360 - $39.99
Tiger Woods '12 PS3/XB360 - $39.99
WWE All-Stars PS3/XB360 - $49.99
Bulletstorm PS3/XB360 - $44.99
Dead Space 2 (a personal favorite) PS3/XB360 - $44.99
Medal of Honor PS3/XB360 - $19.99[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 $40 again? Might reconsider the game combo I need to buy this week.

[quote name='indelible']Does the rockband 3 keyboard bundle work for the $60 coupon promotion" I'm not sure if that counts as a hardware or software purchase since it has both.[/QUOTE]

anybody?

[quote name='adamical']He seemed unsure about whether both sets would work or not. There seems to be a possibility that redeeming one $45 coupon will invalidate the other, since they are tied to your SYWR account, meaning you'll have $60 in valueless coupons.
[/QUOTE]

Although if all you're doing is rebuying games to get the bonus SYWR points, you're not really losing out on anything if one set of coupons doesn't work. The confirmation that coupons will print on multiple transactions is pretty much the impetus I need to return/rebuy this weekend; if they don't ask for the first set of coupons at return, I'll just toss the second set of coupons since I don't want to redeem them twice.

SYWR Bonus, Josh and I had no idea this was coming. They were probably just trying to get that last Easter push since this is a really big sales week for retail.

[quote name='chuckywang']Wow, so would buying Portal 2 + MK + two 1600 pt cards qualify me for the 25,000 point bonus even though the total would be around $140?[/QUOTE]No one knows yet if points cards are considered as gift cards or just part of video games, and as such, if they'd count towards the bonus points.

As for your question...are you asking if you can get the 25k bonus points for a total less than $150? Obviously the answer would be no, but if you're talking about the value before the discounts on the cards ($160), then I'd still think no, as I think the total before tax (but after discounts are applied) is what getting the bonus points hinges on.

[quote name='Banjora']I hate to ask since I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere already but I didn't catch it. If my store doesn't have any of the $20 PSN cards will it still take the $10 off of a 1600 pts card if it is the PS3 versions of the games that I am purchasing? I would imagine yes but would like to be sure.[/QUOTE]Yes, you can mix-and-match points cards.

so my ps3 died last night. sad day in gaming... so i need a replacement fast. i thought i read somewhere that the killzone 3 ps3 bundle counts as gaming software and would qualify for the coupon trigger. can anyone confirm this?

Don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but it looks like you get the coupons for any gaming purchase (ie not just games) from the kmart website. It shows as special offer on a kinect sensor, on consoles, ect. Double check details but looks like it works."
Special Offers (view all)
  • Buy $40 in Video Gaming..Get a $15 gaming coupon. Buy $120 or more..Get a $60 gaming coupon. Offer ends 23-Apr-2011 See details."

[quote name='joenathan']so my ps3 died last night. sad day in gaming... so i need a replacement fast. i thought i read somewhere that the killzone 3 ps3 bundle counts as gaming software and would qualify for the coupon trigger. can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

i have used a gaming coupons on a ps3 system like 6 months ago. worked just fine.

Just picked up MK on my lunch break. Since I'm strictly looking to minimize my out-of-pocket expense, I declined on the points card since I'm good for a while.

Got MK, the free t-shirt, $15 coupon, and bonus $5 SYWR for $62.

Some new girl in electronics with more piercings in her face than I could count punched me when I asked about the t-shirt, but other than that it was a pain-free experience.

(Okay so I didn't really get punched, but some of you will get it ;))

[quote name='dino88']Did you receive the email or just read about it here? Just wondering if the bonus is automatic for all SYWR members or only for those that received the email.[/QUOTE]

On the website theres a banner on the front page with this promotion-- Clicking it gives you a .pdf that explains that the offer is only good for Bonus Members, but then says that you can become a Bonus Member by "See[ing] an associate to update your member profile by opting-in to receive emails. It’s that easy!"

Im thinking it will work for anyone, just make sure you opt-in for those emails at the register.

[quote name='Vigilante']No one knows yet if points cards are considered as gift cards or just part of video games, and as such, if they'd count towards the bonus points.

As for your question...are you asking if you can get the 25k bonus points for a total less than $150? Obviously the answer would be no, but if you're talking about the value before the discounts on the cards ($160), then I'd still think no, as I think the total before tax (but after discounts are applied) is what getting the bonus points hinges on.
[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks, it didn't occur to me that the Kmart points and the $60 coupon would have different ways to trigger the bonus. I guess that makes sense though.

Now, would SYWR points deduct from the total? For example, if I buy $150 worth of gaming merchandise, then I apply $50 worth of SYWR points, would I be eligible for the 25,000 point bonus?

[quote name='wusspuck']i have used a gaming coupons on a ps3 system like 6 months ago. worked just fine.[/QUOTE]

oh, i meant if i bought the bundle today would it print the $60 worth of coupons. so, basically is the kz3 ps3 bundle considered software or hardware. thanks though

[quote name='chriscolbert']Some new girl in electronics with more piercings in her face than I could count punched me when I asked about the t-shirt, but other than that it was a pain-free experience.

(Okay so I didn't really get punched, but some of you will get it ;))[/QUOTE]

I LOLed

okay so I plan on returning my games then rebuy them. MK, FNC,and a couple MS cards. Would the $10 credit I used in that transaction go back to my balance for SYWR card? Just glad I didn't get any points card because then I would have difficulty returning them.

[quote name='Serpentor']Yes it is... but most of us already bought the games to get the $15 + $45 coupons, so out of luck for the bonus points this weekend :whistle2:( However, it's a not a total lost, we get to play the games earlier and some of us got the free MK t-shirt (good luck getting one now).[/QUOTE]

This sums up how I feel rather well. I beat Portal 2's single player last night and was blown away. I can't imagine having had to wait until today to pick it up and not having those three nights of playtime before now. I have no regrets.

I'm pretty sure the other games I picked up (and the point card) would've been nabbed by someone else by now anyway. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway, and it's keeping me happy.

Still pleased that a triple-your-base-points deal ended up aligning with the 3DS release a few weeks back. Earned an extra five bucks that way.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Some new girl in electronics with more piercings in her face than I could count punched me when I asked about the t-shirt, but other than that it was a pain-free experience.

(Okay so I didn't really get punched, but some of you will get it ;))[/QUOTE]

Win.

[quote name='spidey35']Can anyone tell me if the 24.99 x-box live card qualifies towards the 60.00 gaming coupon offer?[/QUOTE]

No, because it's neither software nor specifically added to work for the promo. The only exceptions are the two point cards.

[quote name='DPsycho']No, because it's neither software nor specifically added to work for the promo. The only exceptions are the two point cards.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I just wasn't that sure since it was the one card that wasn't mentioned. thanks for the info

UPDATE: Just got back from my K-Mart lunchtime trip, here is my bounty:

2011-04-22_14-14-38_61.jpg

In the picture:

Crysis 2 (X360)
CHAOS FIELD (GCN)
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
4x 1600MSP cards

Total - $160. Not a bad deal by itself..... but this is where the magic happens - for my purchase, I received:

$15 gaming coupon
$45 gaming coupon
$25 ala 25,000 bonus SYWR points, meaning I now have $85 in store credit next time I visit K-Mart.

For $160 I will end up with $160 in MSP, a new game retailing for $60 in most shops, a Wii title I have been wanting for a while, and a GCN shmup I had no idea was still stocked in stores.

Best Buy, step aside - there's a new king of reward programs.

[quote name='Gabrius']UPDATE: Just got back from my K-Mart lunchtime trip, here is my bounty:

In the picture:

Crysis 2 (X360)
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
CHAOS FIELD (GCN)
4x 1600MSP cards

Total - $160. Not a bad deal by itself..... but this is where the magic happens - for my purchase, I received:

$15 gaming coupon
$45 gaming coupon
$25 ala 25,000 bonus SYWR points, meaning I now have $85 in store credit next time I visit K-Mart.

For $160 I will end up with $160 in MSP, a new game retailing for $60 in most shops, a Wii title I have been wanting for a while, and a GCN shmup I had no idea was still stocked in stores.

Best Buy, step aside - there's a new king of reward programs.[/QUOTE]

So it looks like xbox point cards at least will trigger the bonus SYWR points.

[quote name='joenathan']oh, i meant if i bought the bundle today would it print the $60 worth of coupons. so, basically is the kz3 ps3 bundle considered software or hardware. thanks though[/QUOTE]

Nope, that would be considered hardware and would not spit out the $60 in coupons.

[quote name='adamical']So it looks like xbox point cards at least will trigger the bonus SYWR points.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was unsure of when making the purchase.... hence my not buying nothing but MSP cards - I wanted to make sure I got some bonus SYWR points from the purchase.....

Spent another $160 today to get the 25,000 SYWR points ($25). The gaming coupons printed out for a second time with different UPC numbers. I wish we could confirm this, but from reading the coupon, it really looks like these can be used on a separate transaction. The only thing it says is that the offer code (either 450 for the $15 coupon or 451 for the $45 coupon) can be used once per transaction. It never says anything about per SYWR account.

"Limit of $60 of gaming coupons per member"

Makes me think that we can only take advantage of this promotion once, which sucks for me, cause I did it last night, right before the stores closed, which means I missed out on the bonus $25 SYWR I would have received. Fuuuck.

I'm about to go on a K-Mart spree to look for a copy of Dragon Quest V. If someone could confirm whether or not we can do this promotion again, I'd appreciate it cause there are two other games I'd like to buy.

[quote name='Gabrius']UPDATE: Just got back from my K-Mart lunchtime trip, here is my bounty:

In the picture:

Crysis 2 (X360)
CHAOS FIELD (GCN)
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
4x 1600MSP cards

$15 gaming coupon
$45 gaming coupon

Best Buy, step aside - there's a new king of reward programs.[/QUOTE]

How much was Tri?

[quote name='Stimes']I know it says gaming software, but was wondering if I bought a Wii console would it qualify for the coupons/rewards?[/QUOTE]
It would not, sorry.

[quote name='Gabrius']It was marked $29.99, rang @ $19.99[/QUOTE]

Very nice. I'm hoping to score a copy along with MK, Portal 2, and a $20 PSN card. Does anyone know if I'll get the 25,000 SYWR points this way? It end up looking like:

Mortal Kombat
Portal 2
Monster Hunter Tri
$20 PSN card

[quote name='rebelmusic']"Limit of $60 of gaming coupons per member"

Makes me think that we can only take advantage of this promotion once, which sucks for me, cause I did it last night, right before the stores closed, which means I missed out on the bonus $25 SYWR I would have received. Fuuuck.

I'm about to go on a K-Mart spree to look for a copy of Dragon Quest V. If someone could confirm whether or not we can do this promotion again, I'd appreciate it cause there are two other games I'd like to buy.[/QUOTE]
I am going to be really working with SYWR in the future so I can post the offers as well so we do not have this issue going forward. I was not aware of this offer, no buyer I know was either.

[quote name='Arakias']Hey Josh, Any chance the Fallout Coasters will be dropping to $1 on Sunday (or the near future)?[/QUOTE]
Maybe, some funky accounting is going on with these that has slowed me moving them down to sub 1 dollar

Okay so if I'm correct. I'm planning on buying MK and Portal 2 plus a msp card. I know buying both the games discounts the msp card. Does it discount $10 twice from the card? So the total will be 59.99 + 59.99 + 19.99 - 10(x2) = 119.97

Will this still trigger the coupons? ( I know it's under 120 but since the price was around 140 before the discount)

I have seen some people reporting that they still get the coupons but I just want to make sure.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Spent another $160 today to get the 25,000 SYWR points ($25). The gaming coupons printed out for a second time with different UPC numbers. I wish we could confirm this, but from reading the coupon, it really looks like these can be used on a separate transaction. The only thing it says is that the offer code (either 450 for the $15 coupon or 451 for the $45 coupon) can be used once per transaction. It never says anything about per SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

That's the million dollar question... I don't want to take advantage of anything Josh does but it seems like it would work

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am going to be really working with SYWR in the future so I can post the offers as well so we do not have this issue going forward. I was not aware of this offer, no buyer I know was either.[/QUOTE]

So am I right in assuming we can only get the $60 worth of coupons once this week?

Ad Monster is no longer my associate buyer but is working on a new opportunity in marketing within the company.

I cannot thank Jim enough for his vigilance and wonderful support.

Here is the good news though. Stock Boy has accepted the offer to become my new associate buyer.

I will update the OP but Jim will be going Vacation starting today so I will once again be the principle contact for customer issues. I will update the OP shortly.

With that said, I caught up yesterday evening with everyone but I definitely received some transfers from Jim today that I will work to a answer tonight.

ooh, monster hunter for $20.. may have to use a $15 coupon next week on that. I wonder if capcom will do one for 3DS though. I've never played any of the games but i think portable would be better than home console.

[quote name='rebelmusic']So am I right in assuming we can only get the $60 worth of coupons once this week?[/QUOTE]
The deal was definitely set up to only work once, but if the items are returned and coupons forfeited as well I am interested to see what would happen.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ad Monster is no longer my associate buyer but is working on a new opportunity in marketing within the company.

Here is the good news though. Stock Boy has accepted the offer to become my new associate buyer.

I will update the OP but Jim will be going Vacation starting today so I will once again be the principle contact for customer issues. I will update the OP shortly.

With that said, I caught up yesterday evening with everyone but I definitely received some transfers from Jim today that I will work to a answer tonight.[/QUOTE]
We scared him away. :cry:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ad Monster is no longer my associate buyer but is working on a new opportunity in marketing within the company.

With that said, I caught up yesterday evening with everyone but I definitely received some transfers from Jim today that I will work to a answer tonight.[/QUOTE]
Stock Boy to the rescue!

Any idea if you'll be able to update the drop list today? If not if you could email someone the list if you have one and they could post it? I'm way too slow with that kind of crap but I'd do it if nobody else volunteered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back