SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yruluis']I was unable to find the ad in-store nor on the kmartgamer blog. Is there any way of getting a refund of the price difference?

I used my gamer coupons to get crysis 2 @ 60. If I return it, will I get back the coupons or cash?[/QUOTE]
I believe the policy has the price protection guarantee on it that the store should honor. The weekly ad should also be available online.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe the policy has the price protection guarantee on it that the store should honor. The weekly ad should also be available online.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I found it online. Do I simply go to customer service and ask for a refund?

if this 20$ coupon thing actually works and isnt super complicated i will get it from kmart instead. When i went to toysrus saturday, it was all inside the store, the coupons right there for anyone to pick up, and was super easy to deal with.

Josh, hope you had a great weekend!
This is my lis tof games I will be purchasing through July. Which ones will Kmart be carrying instore?

Brink
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
The First Templar
LA Noire
Dirt 3
Red Faction: Armageddon
Hunted: Demon's Forge
Shadows of the Damned
Alice: Madness Returns
Record of Agarest War Zero Limited Edition
Duke Nukem Forever
Dungeon Siege III
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (my most aniticipated title of the summer)
Catherine

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']In terms of Jim, he forwarded me everyone he was not able to get a hold of by Friday afternoon. I have since responded. If you have not heard from him, please send me the note as I will be getting back with everyone tonight.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh,

I just sent everything that I sent to James to you.

[quote name='maverikm']Josh, hope you had a great weekend!
This is my lis tof games I will be purchasing through July. Which ones will Kmart be carrying instore?

Brink - Yes
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Yes
The First Templar - No
LA Noire - Yes
Dirt 3 - Yes
Red Faction: Armageddon - Yes
Hunted: Demon's Forge - Yes
Shadows of the Damned - Yes
Alice: Madness Returns - Yes
Record of Agarest War Zero Limited Edition - No
Duke Nukem Forever - Yes
Dungeon Siege III - Yes
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (my most aniticipated title of the summer) - No, sorry
Catherine - No

Any insight would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

Listed above, thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Listed above, thanks![/QUOTE]

Too bad you won't be carrying Catherine and EDF (I'd have definitely gotten them), but I understand. They're games that are pretty much just for us. Good to hear about LA Noire, Shadows of the Damned, and Alice, although we'll have to see how Alice turns out.

[quote name='cheesebu']I'm so confused, i could understand no deal for it, but kmart won't even carry Catherine? Anything to do with the "image"?[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly believe that the game is going to sell well at all? Especially well enough for a major retailer to purchase a ton of copies to stock in all it's stores? It would be found in Bargain Bins everywhere for a long time.

[quote name='cheesebu']I'm so confused, i could understand no deal for it, but kmart won't even carry Catherine? Anything to do with the "image"?[/QUOTE]

It has a lot more to do with the game's audience. It's for people who already know about it and want it, people who would preorder it somewhere or order it online. It's not a Madden or a SOCOM or a Mortal Kombat where they can count on a couple million sales.

Whats the deal with The First Templar? If Kmart doesnt have it, does that mean other big stores wont either. I have a feeling this game will be a huge letdown, but still

Atlus is probably very pre-order focused in their dealings with retailers.

I would guess that Atlus is not able to provide as flexible a discount to retailers because their print runs tend to be very low as well. Without pre-order numbers Catherine is a tough sell to any retailer. I would be surprised to see it at Best Buy or Target or Wal-Mart either.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I took the weekend and Monday off to be with the fam. Hopefully nothing went too awry. Or at least more than normal :)[/QUOTE]
Well, for a brief time, we were ruled by some manner of animal king; Stock Boy plotted for world domination, again; and confoosius was last seen entering a blue police call box with some doctor.

Overall, it was just another day at CAG, you know.

I can see why you aren't carrying Agarest War Zero, EDF, and Catherine. I'll have to pick 'em up somewhere.
Hope the Lego:pOTC deal is sweet. I just picked up Lego Harry Potter and even though I am not a HP fan, I am loving it, just like all of the other Lego games. So while I do not like POTC too much, I can see the movie's humor being perfectly suited to the quirky humor that the Lego games have.

No EDF?:shock: You're killing me Josh!

At least I'll know to act if another store does a deal.

Thanks for letting us know.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Well, for a brief time, we were ruled by some manner of animal king; Stock Boy plotted for world domination, again; and confoosius was last seen entering a blue police call box with some doctor.

Overall, it was just another day at CAG, you know.[/QUOTE]
You're pretty creepy.

If the kmart website does not list a game does that mean that no kmart store will carry it? I am looking to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition. However, I do not want to drive all the way to my kmart and find out they don't have it.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Whats the deal with The First Templar? If Kmart doesnt have it, does that mean other big stores wont either. I have a feeling this game will be a huge letdown, but still[/QUOTE]

All the magazine ads have "WALMART WALMART WALMART" plastered on it. I'm gonna guess and say Walmart will have it.

[quote name='unknown0']If the kmart website does not list a game does that mean that no kmart store will carry it? I am looking to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition. However, I do not want to drive all the way to my kmart and find out they don't have it.[/QUOTE]

I looked for this as well. It's not on the website but I found 5 copies at my local kmart. Even though they don't have it online, it could still be in the store.

I have set up a email address for customer issues that will help me organize my mail boxes and allow my team/leadership greater insight into the type of issues being raised. I will still be the one responding (I may eventually enlist help from my direct reports but for now just me)

[email protected] is the email address

I'll update the OP with it as well.

[quote name='NDPsycho']As a CAG, I gotta say, I'm loving Kmart. Spent $200.39 after tax today and picked up MK (PS3), Portal 2 (360), Castlevania LOS CE (PS3), Front Mission (360) and a PSN and XBL points cards. Got my $60 in coupons and $27 in rewards points on top of the $20 in points cards savings. I think I'll turn them in tomorrow for Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm...unless I keep some for L.A. Noire.

As for Dead Space 2, can anyone tell me if it's only the CE that comes with Dead Space Extraction or is it either version? If it's only the CE, I'll hang on to the $45 coupon for L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, wishing I had picked up 2 XBLA cards now instead of one PSN card. Lot of good it's doing, not being able to actually redeem or use it. I'm guessing the points cards aren't exchangable even if they haven't been scratched off? I've never asked or tried before, as it's never been a problem.

[quote name='unknown0']If the kmart website does not list a game does that mean that no kmart store will carry it? I am looking to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition. However, I do not want to drive all the way to my kmart and find out they don't have it.[/QUOTE]

i dont think so, the few large scale kmarts iin my area have bf:bc2 ultimate edition in stock, and one actually has like 5+ (at least, thats wat it looks like from the pile of games stacked behind it)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looks like a $15 on Motorstorm[/QUOTE]

... i like... i like...

[quote name='NDPsycho']Ugh, wishing I had picked up 2 XBLA cards now instead of one PSN card. Lot of good it's doing, not being able to actually redeem or use it. I'm guessing the points cards aren't exchangable even if they haven't been scratched off? I've never asked or tried before, as it's never been a problem.[/QUOTE]

yea, oh well, it'll help when it gets back up, and no u can't, cuz its already been activated for use or somethin

Just a heads up to those of you who have used credit card or debit card info on PSN - data has been comprimsied, stolen, etc.

Take proper precautions and call your bank to get a new card/numbers issued, watch over your credit report and bank statements, etc. It's easier than you think for people to make cell phone accounts/other subscription services just by having your address and name.

I never had my info on there until last tuesday when I added an additional $10 to buy arcana heart 3 :(

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Raise your hand if you're sick of Josh's shell games with posting upcoming deals on his Facebook page.[/QUOTE]

So you went from posting about how much better Amazon is to whining about how Josh reveals his deals?

[quote name='rebelmusic']So you went from posting about how much better Amazon is to whining about how Josh reveals his deals?[/QUOTE]

Don't feed the trolls. Best just to put him on ignore if the nonsense he posts annoys you.

[quote name='rebelmusic']So you went from posting about how much better Amazon is to whining about how Josh reveals his deals?[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about?

I buy ALL my games from K-Mart. My corkboard wall is filled with K-mart coupons.

[quote name='jer7583']Just a heads up to those of you who have used credit card or debit card info on PSN - data has been comprimsied, stolen, etc.

Take proper precautions and call your bank to get a new card/numbers issued, watch over your credit report and bank statements, etc. It's easier than you think for people to make cell phone accounts/other subscription services just by having your address and name.

I never had my info on there until last tuesday when I added an additional $10 to buy arcana heart 3 :([/QUOTE]
Credit card information has not been stolen. Calling and changing numbers/canceling cards is stupid and a waste of time. Not a single person has had information stolen publicly yet.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to download 77 million people's data?

Even if you love sony, very very much, you should protect yourself when any company who handles your information has their security compromised.

[quote name='jer7583']Even if you love sony, very very much, you should protect yourself when any company who handles your information has their security compromised.[/QUOTE]
And all that would require would be to place a "fraud alert" on your cards.

:( I went to my local Kmart and they did not have Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition :(

I don't know what to do with my $60 coupon now...Maybe I will get Brink, not sure.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Credit card information has not been stolen. Calling and changing numbers/canceling cards is stupid and a waste of time. Not a single person has had information stolen publicly yet.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to download 77 million people's data?[/QUOTE]

Who says they will download all 77 million? A random sampling is all that's needed. Granted the probability of it being one of us is low, precautions might be needed for the folks who used debit cards. Banks are little more stingy with fraud (takes longer to take care of, they might need more evidence, etc), than CC companies.

What worries me is the address and birthday information.

[quote name='unknown0']:( I went to my local Kmart and they did not have Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition :(

I don't know what to do with my $60 coupon now...Maybe I will get Brink, not sure.[/QUOTE]

I would say try emailing stock boy to see if any other stores nearby have it in stock. I think his email is still in the first post or second post.

I thought the shutdown of PSN was due to people getting access to free PSN content? Or are we back to the hackers stealing personal info story line now (which was the original rumor)? Sony being tightlipped about it isn't helping any (forgive me if they said something today - I've been too busy putting out my own fires).

Anyway, we are getting off-topic except for the fact that I bought $100 worth of PSN cards to qualify for the Kmart deals on Saturday, so I have some concern about PSN right now ;).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looks like a $15 on Motorstorm[/QUOTE]

Nice. Use my $45 coupon from last week and then have $30 total towards Brink.

[quote name='io']I thought the shutdown of PSN was due to people getting access to free PSN content? Or are we back to the hackers stealing personal info story line now (which was the original rumor)? Sony being tightlipped about it isn't helping any (forgive me if they said something today - I've been too busy putting out my own fires).

Anyway, we are getting off-topic except for the fact that I bought $100 worth of PSN cards to qualify for the Kmart deals on Saturday, so I have some concern about PSN right now ;).[/QUOTE]

pre-paid cards are fine. They did issue a statement that data was stolen from the network. names, addresses, passwords, and usernames/emails were mentioned. they aren't sure if credit card info was stolen, but i called my bank and they advised changing my debit/credit card and offered to send a new one.

they're doing a pretty poor job of notifying people as well. News sites are re-running the story now but posting a story on the playstation blog ( who checks that?) is a pretty poor way of getting the info out there. Should have had emails sent to users 4 days ago.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All the sales this week have been posted, thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey brother, sent you a note about the sales for this week.
My location didn't have the sale price pulling up at the register.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey brother, sent you a note about the sales for this week.
My location didn't have the sale price pulling up at the register.[/QUOTE]
I saw that, looks like this location is not a roto store, I am confirming tonight.

I really do not get how they determine which markets are not provided the circular. That said, presented with the ad, they should honor it (looks like they did, phew!)

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Raise your hand if you're sick of Josh's shell games with posting upcoming deals on his Facebook page.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm......I believe all I have said on FB is to check back tomorrow for the deal for Portal.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Who says they will download all 77 million? A random sampling is all that's needed. Granted the probability of it being one of us is low, precautions might be needed for the folks who used debit cards. Banks are little more stingy with fraud (takes longer to take care of, they might need more evidence, etc), than CC companies.

What worries me is the address and birthday information.[/QUOTE]
Your information is already out there....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hmmmm......I believe all I have said on FB is to check back tomorrow for the deal for Portal.[/QUOTE]
Well I was mostly referring to the past with your pre-announcement of deals.

I was also primarily joking.

I was attempting to get a rise out of your worshipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back