SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh,

Will there be any type of sale for the following games within the next 4 weeks:

Little Big Planet 2
Killzone 3
Mortal Kombat
The 3rd Birthday

I plan on using my $60 coupon on one of these games, but I hope to save more money if possible for the others.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Well I was mostly referring to the past with your pre-announcement of deals.

I was also primarily joking.

I was attempting to get a rise out of your worshipers.[/QUOTE]
Ah, no worshipers here :) I have to admit though I do find your posts entertaining.

[quote name='SeanTM22']I love FINALBOSS[/QUOTE]
Teehee.

I admit I have been going out of my way to be a prick these past few days...but it's all in jest.

Just something to fill the time.

I promise, in real life I'm a really sweet guy. I mean, Christ, I teach autistic kids for a living.

[quote name='darkpal245']Hey Josh,

Will there be any type of sale for the following games within the next 4 weeks:

Little Big Planet 2
Killzone 3
Mortal Kombat
The 3rd Birthday

I plan on using my $60 coupon on one of these games, but I hope to save more money if possible for the others.[/QUOTE]
Not in the next four weeks that I can tell, if it changes I will definitely let everyone know.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Teehee.

I admit I have been going out of my way to be a prick these past few days...but it's all in jest.

I promise, in real life I'm a really sweet guy. I mean, Christ, I teach autistic kids for a living.

[quote name='yodathe3rd']is there going to be some type of coupon deal for Motorstorm next week the new one coming out.[/QUOTE]
Really? This was answered 2 pages ago.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Ah, John Gabriel's Greater Internet fuckwad Theory proves to be true yet again. ;)

I can't speak for everyone, but unless the Douche Factor gets turned up to 11 and some seriously bad shit starts, I don't take any trolling (in jest or not) too seriously anymore. There's no point in getting in a rage over something. There's the Ignore button if all else fails anyways. So in short, no worries here.

I think I'm going to go for Brink if the reviews look good. It looks like a nice twist on the FPS formula, should be interesting. Has anyone played it, maybe at PAX or the like? I didn't really start following it until lately.[/QUOTE]
I played it at PAX East.

I think it looks awesome...but it's wholly based on teammwork...and it's also pretty confusing.

So if you add required teammwork + confusing (steep learning curve) and put that together and ONLINE...you're in for a world of pain.

I think the game is going to flop...but hopefully some of the things they are trying to accomplish influence other companies going forward.

Starting to get tired....must push through......:drool:

Sorry for the delay, I'm definitely working on catching up tonight.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Starting to get tired....must push through......:drool:

Sorry for the delay, I'm definitely working on catching up tonight.[/QUOTE]

2 words brother.......

RED

BULL

Those 2 words along w/ the fear of failing has helped me a ton the past 3 years. LOL.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I played it at PAX East.

I think it looks awesome...but it's wholly based on teammwork...and it's also pretty confusing.

So if you add required teammwork + confusing (steep learning curve) and put that together and ONLINE...you're in for a world of pain.

I think the game is going to flop...but hopefully some of the things they are trying to accomplish influence other companies going forward.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I was worried it might be too teamwork dependent. As much as I love team games like Battlefield, it's so rare that random teammates ever actually play as a team. I guess I'll see how its reception is through the first week. Thanks.

[quote name='jer7583']
they're doing a pretty poor job of notifying people as well. News sites are re-running the story now but posting a story on the playstation blog ( who checks that?) is a pretty poor way of getting the info out there. Should have had emails sent to users 4 days ago.[/QUOTE]

They gave nearly daily updates (4/5 days) whenever they had new info, and emailed every PSN member. They also must have alerted the media to some degree, because major news agencies such as BBC knew there was a 'big' announcement coming today (thesixthaxis posted this early in the day).

Not sure what else you want them to do -- they didn't know exactly what happened for a couple days, they just knew 'something' happened, and that it was an external intrusion. That clearly means everyone's private data is at risk, but they can't exactly say info got stolen until they're sure.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Your information is already out there....[/QUOTE]

QFT.
For 99.9% of the US population, it's out there already. Heck, most people nowadays post their DOB to any 'giveaway/contest/promotion' that promises a free bag of chips.

Now, Sony isn't sure if CC info got leaked yet, and that would suck... but it's not like many other major institutions (including banks) haven't been hacked before. And it won't be the last time, either.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Starting to get tired....must push through......:drool:

Sorry for the delay, I'm definitely working on catching up tonight.[/QUOTE]
All set! If you have not heard back from me, please resend to [email protected]

I'm pretty surprised at K-Mart not carrying Catherine...it's not nearly as niche as any of the NISA titles. Atlus has a pretty well established fanbase in the US and Catherine is from the same developers as Persona 3 and 4, both of which a lot of gamers will swear by. I was expecting decent sales for this one...

[quote name='ithebigc']I'm pretty surprised at K-Mart not carrying Catherine...it's not nearly as niche as any of the NISA titles. Atlus has a pretty well established fanbase in the US and Catherine is from the same developers as Persona 3 and 4, both of which a lot of gamers will swear by. I was expecting decent sales for this one...[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I can understand being a bit let down, but I just don't see being surprised. It is a niche title, and is as niche as anything NISA puts out (maybe more so, it is hard to categorize). There are much larger retailers out there that don't carry each and every NISA title. I rarely ever find them at Target for instance. It is too bad, I agree, but it shouldn't be a shock.

Looks like Gamestop has Portal 2 for 39.99 for the next week starting friday, hopefully Josh's "smokin" deal beats this, since I have alot of coupons and SYWR points to spend.

Might save up my SYWR points for a possible sweet deal on Gears 3 epic edition tho.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Looks like Gamestop has Portal 2 for 39.99 for the next week starting friday, hopefully Josh's "smokin" deal beats this, since I have alot of coupons and SYWR points to spend.

Might save up my SYWR points for a possible sweet deal on Gears 3 epic edition tho.[/QUOTE]

Just came to comment on that. I hope their smokin deal is beating that since I have Gstop credit that can be used. Otherwise I'll be at kmart (with my 15 dollar off coupon) like I planned to from the get go.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Do you have any idea how long it takes to download 77 million people's data?[/QUOTE]

On a standard cable modem connection, realistically about 2 hours. On a fiber optic line, mere minutes.

The Math:
If every person's info took up a full 300 characters (which is way higher than in reality), that's a 21.5 GB database file. On my personal cable modem, I always get a bit over 1 MB per second from Sony's servers, so that works out to 6.1 hours. And most people's account info is going to total less than 100 characters, thus I say 2 hours or less.

Not that I'm worried about anything; my debit card emails me instantly every time a charge is made, so I'd know instantly, and besides that, I'm simply going to change my PSN password when the system comes back online, and go forward with no concerns.

Can't wait for LA Noire! Hit it outta the park, Josh! Pissed that I haven't been able to even play Portal 2 yet though; just bought a Razer DeathAdder Black edition, too...

RE: Portal 2
Josh's deal does beat it. I was gonna post next weeks ad last night but I didn't want to steal Josh's thunder. :lol:
If he approves I should be able to post the following week's ads on a regular basis around Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

I'd really like to get in on LA noir, but i want the Gamestop investigation as well. Does anyone know if they do anything(or even know) if you return a GS game with a used code? I heard Amazon has charged $5 before. Sounds fair to me.

[quote name='cheesebu']I'd really like to get in on this, but i want the GS investigation as well. Does anyone know if they do anything(or even know) if you return a GS game with a used code? I heard Amazon has charged $5 before. Sounds fair to me.[/QUOTE]

DLC code in the box or a pre-order?

Also his deal beating it is fantastic news.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']DLC code in the box or a pre-order?

Also his deal beating it is fantastic news.[/QUOTE]

Preorder. I rarely buy from GS, isn't it printed on the receipt?

[quote name='mguiddy']RE: Portal 2
Josh's deal does beat it. I was gonna post next weeks ad last night but I didn't want to steal Josh's thunder. :lol:
If he approves I should be able to post the following week's ads on a regular basis around Tuesdays or Wednesdays.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap it DOES beat it? Josh are god my wallet.

[quote name='cheesebu']Preorder. I rarely buy from GS, isn't it printed on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

They cant tell if you redeem the pre-order DLC's off the receipts, while I personally don't condone it, I have done it before because I had picked up a game from them through pre-order and the following week K-Mart had a much better deal on the game, so I bought at K-Mart and returned my copy to gamestop. I did let the manager know I used the code and he said he didn't care.

I get you, sorry to ask here. I'm not a shady person, i just can't believe an entire investigation is being held back as exclusive preorder stuff. If it shows up for sale day one i have no problem paying for it, but it'll likely be at least 2 months.

I'd much rather give my money to Kmart anyway.

I am with Final Boss on the facebook deals being a bad idea. I cant access FB from work and that is when I am usually on looking for deals. Also, I enjoy Final Boss riling people up. It was obvious to most people that follow this thread as to what he was doing. He has been doing it for a while now. I find it entertaining. Ignore button works if you dont.

[quote name='wrencrest']I am with Final Boss on the facebook deals being a bad idea. I cant access FB from work and that is when I am usually on looking for deals. Also, I enjoy Final Boss riling people up. It was obvious to most people that follow this thread as to what he was doing. He has been doing it for a while now. I find it entertaining. Ignore button works if you dont.[/QUOTE]

And now the ignore button explodes.

I'm fine with him releasing deals however he would like, it helps him out to have social network credibility, if he didn't release information on FB, not many would follow him.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']And now the ignore button explodes.

I'm fine with him releasing deals however he would like, it helps him out to have social network credibility, if he didn't release information on FB, not many would follow him.[/QUOTE]

That is the problem, who the F cares about social network cred? That is just crazy talk. :)
[quote name='chriscolbert']And it's not like it's not on here within minutes of being announced on Facebook anyway.[/QUOTE]
Problem is that if you dont follow every second it is buried by our random posts. :) I dont see the OP updated as regularly.

To avoid PM's; but Portal 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) will be $34.99 next week in the circular.

I've posted it here first, now on to my Facebook :bouncy:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']To avoid PM's; but Portal 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) will be $34.99 next week in the circular.

I've posted it here first, now on to my Facebook :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Glad I waited on it. Time to get it, and a Mother's Day gift for the wife, next week.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']To avoid PM's; but Portal 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) will be $34.99 next week in the circular.

Holy crap, $35????

Wow, that is a fantastic price. Still glad I grabbed it during the $120/$60 deal but man.... $35. Makes me kinda wanna wait on some future deals.

Didn't Rockstar say that all pre-order/retailer exclusive DLC for LA Noire would be available to buy later on? You could just use the $20 coupon that kmart gives to buy a points card and you'll still be coming out ahead of gamestop. Unless you need to play the DLC ASAP.

Edit: $35 is totally nuts on Portal 2. I'm going to go get it (and cheap easter candy!) now and then price adjust next Tuesday when I pick up Motorstorm.

That's pretty amazing, now how's about the complete L.A. Noire, anticipation is killing me with that one, I know you said friday :p

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Didn't Rockstar say that all pre-order/retailer exclusive DLC for LA Noire would be available to buy later on? You could just use the $20 coupon that kmart gives to buy a points card and you'll still be coming out ahead of gamestop. Unless you need to play the DLC ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Yes they said it would all be available some time soon after the release for purchase on Live and PSN.

[quote name='mguiddy']RE: Portal 2
If he approves I should be able to post the following week's ads on a regular basis around Tuesdays or Wednesdays.[/QUOTE]

Please post them on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Much appreciated.

Well if I can find my SYWR card and/or get my new PIN I might have to get Portal 2 for $35 and use the leftover $13 and change in points towards it.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Didn't Rockstar say that all pre-order/retailer exclusive DLC for LA Noire would be available to buy later on? You could just use the $20 coupon that kmart gives to buy a points card and you'll still be coming out ahead of gamestop. Unless you need to play the DLC ASAP.

Edit: $35 is totally nuts on Portal 2. I'm going to go get it (and cheap easter candy!) now and then price adjust next Tuesday when I pick up Motorstorm.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, all LA Noire preorder bonuses will be available as paid DLC shortly after release.

That's a fantastic Portal 2 price. I think I may have to wait more often in the future.

Hey josh,
I see you got a deal on the 360 this week. Is there an upcoming ps3 deal worth waiting for?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope there's a motorstorm straight discount deal sometime in the future. I love this series but apocalypse has been getting worse reviews and didn't look that great in the quick look. Plus PSN is down so no rush to buy anything for that platform. (If I was more outraged at the cc info stuff i'd probably stop buying games new from Sony at all)

[quote name='joenathan']Hey josh,
I see you got a deal on the 360 this week. Is there an upcoming ps3 deal worth waiting for?[/QUOTE]
Yep, 6/5 is worth waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back