SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shurs']Frustrated.

Tried to pick up Bulletstorm at the advertised $44.99 price and it rang in as $59.99. Recognizing me as a regular customer, and taking me at my word, the guy working the electronics section discounts it to $44.99. I try to use my $15 gaming coupon and it doesn't take.

At this point, with a huge line behind me, he says he can't do anything, and I just want to get out of there.

This makes two out of the last three times I've tried to purchase a game at Kmart that I've had issues with things not ringing up correctly. The last time, I didn't get my SYWR points for Crysis 2, which was, what, $20 in value?[/QUOTE]
I'm curious, what location are you going to? They may not be a roto location. This could be the issue on the pricing.

[quote name='Ps3akuma']Any chance there is a deal for the witcher 2?[/QUOTE]
Yes actually. I have a meeting on Tues. To confirm it.

Hey Josh, out of curiosity, do you know if there's anything remotely "big" releasing in July that Kmart will likely get in stock? That seems like a stagnant month (at least compared to May and June), and I can't think of anything releasing that month that interests me (aside from Catherine, which I can wait to buy with Kmart not having a deal for it).

Any chance kmart has another deal on black ops similar to when the first map pack released? I believe it was black ops and xb live points for $50..

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey Josh, out of curiosity, do you know if there's anything remotely "big" releasing in July that Kmart will likely get in stock? That seems like a stagnant month (at least compared to May and June), and I can't think of anything releasing that month that interests me (aside from Catherine, which I can wait to buy with Kmart not having a deal for it).[/QUOTE]

summer is always very slow in the games industry. Games usually don't sell very well in the summer/spring. It wasn't until the last few years that we even started seeing big releases like portal, crysis 2, and dead space 2 in the beginning months of the year. Usually they saved everything for August-December.

[quote name='jer7583']summer is always very slow in the games industry. Games usually don't sell very well in the summer/spring. It wasn't until the last few years that we even started seeing big releases like portal, crysis 2, and dead space 2 in the beginning months of the year. Usually they saved everything for August-December.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I've noticed the extreme sluggishness of game releases for summer; I guess my real question is, "Will there be any coupon deals in July to continue the coupon train?"

Maybe there could be a coupon deal on something already released, like how Brotherhood was $39.99 w/ $20 coupon (or something like that) for a week in December.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey Josh, out of curiosity, do you know if there's anything remotely "big" releasing in July that Kmart will likely get in stock? That seems like a stagnant month (at least compared to May and June), and I can't think of anything releasing that month that interests me (aside from Catherine, which I can wait to buy with Kmart not having a deal for it).[/QUOTE]

Yea, there's not actually that many interesting games coming out in July.

There's EDF which I think Josh said Kmart is not carrying.
There's NCAA 12 if you fit that niche.

Oh but there is also The Cursed Crusade (being published by Atlus) which looks kind of interesting, but not enough to be a day one buy for me anyway.

[quote name='gotdott']Yea, there's not actually that many interesting games coming out in July.

There's EDF which I think Josh said Kmart is not carrying.
There's NCAA 12 if you fit that niche.

Oh but there is also The Cursed Crusade (being published by Atlus) which looks kind of interesting, but not enough to be a day one buy for me anyway.[/QUOTE]Huh, I had no idea The Cursed Crusade, which I also found interesting, was coming out so soon; I haven't even seen any gameplay for it yet, though I assume it'll be at E3. Thanks for the reminder--I'll have to keep an eye on it. :)

EDIT: [quote name='jaredstorm']Has Josh gave any Brink details? Is there anything??[/QUOTE]Josh said there will be a $20 coupon with Brink.

[quote name='dapunisure']Any chance kmart has another deal on black ops similar to when the first map pack released? I believe it was black ops and xb live points for $50..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Portal 2, Zumba and I have a small COD deal Ill be posting.

The primary deal is definitely P2. OP will be updated today.[/QUOTE]

still nothing about COD in the post yet. i'd like to know too as its time for me to pick it up, hopefully with portal 2 tomorrow.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm curious, what location are you going to? They may not be a roto location. This could be the issue on the pricing.[/QUOTE]

Store# 3405 Minneapolis, MN

Is there anything that can be done?

The clerk scanned my coupon about 5 times and then, when he gave up he asked to scan the coupon one more time because he was afraid he may have invalidated it. Is that even possible if the sale never went through?

Is there anything I can do about the SYWR points I should have gotten for Crysis 2. I still have my receipt.

[quote name='Vigilante']Huh, I had no idea The Cursed Crusade, which I also found interesting, was coming out so soon; I haven't even seen any gameplay for it yet, though I assume it'll be at E3. Thanks for the reminder--I'll have to keep an eye on it. :)

EDIT: Josh said there will be a $20 coupon with Brink.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZsuYlhAShk

If you haven't seen this trailer, it has bits of gameplay though the graphics were still being polished at the time it came out.

I'm kind of getting more and more excited for Brink in 2 weeks :D

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think Amazon has people stalking you, Josh.[/QUOTE]

:lol:I was thinking the same thing

Josh,

I don't see the motorstorm apoloclypse deal othe kmart site for 5/1. I know this comes out Tuesday...... Will it be there???

Thanks for the Portal 2 deal Josh! Picked it up online even though you told me on facebook it was in store only. :)

Since Kmart closed in San Antonio about a decade ago this is the most shopping Ive done with them! Keep em coming!

I think one way kmart can compete against Amazon matching every one of their good deals is to offer some sort of swag in-store like the MvC fotofile thing.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Updated the OP - Thanks for the patience.[/QUOTE]

No Lego Pirates of the Caribbean deal?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think Amazon has people stalking you, Josh.[/QUOTE]
Yes, they are. I try and block them on Twitter, everywhere, but every where I turn they are right there :) Can't fault them, I'd do the same thing in their position.

Is there a specific reason that I have the ability to edit the OP? It says I have some sort of edit wiki status ... I've never seen that before.

Hey Josh have you played Witcher 2 at all? If so, how is it? I've just been eying that game for a month.

[quote name='Trix']Hey Josh have you played Witcher 2 at all? If so, how is it? I've just been eying that game for a month.[/QUOTE]
I have not unfortunately, the game looks amazing though.

[quote name='ssr']Is there a specific reason that I have the ability to edit the OP? It says I have some sort of edit wiki status ... I've never seen that before.[/QUOTE]
Probably because the OP has a hard time making timely updates on the weekends. Usually he's just not around since like many normal people, he has a family and a life. That and his minions can update the OP.

Note: used "minions" for lack of a better, proper word. No offense intended to the SHC team.

[quote name='Mad39er']Probably because the OP has a hard time making timely updates on the weekends. Usually he's just not around since like many normal people, he has a family and a life. That and his minions can update the OP.

Note: used "minions" for lack of a better, proper word. No offense intended to the SHC team.[/QUOTE]

So does everybody have the ability to update the OP? I've never noticed that I've had the ability until today. Can you update the OP if you wanted?

Edit: Actually, now I just went back to the OP while logged in and I no longer have the option of editing the OP. Not sure what was going on there.

Josh made the first post a Wiki to see how it would work but then realized it probably wasn't the best move and I'm assuming had to wait for a mod to change it back. So for a day or two anyone could have edited it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have not unfortunately, the game looks amazing though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks anyways Josh, appreciate the honesty.

If it makes you feel any better, at least you've seperated kmart from the crowd. I think with a little more advertisement to the general population could go a long way for kmart though, to at least get people to stop buying from gamestop, best buy, and walmart. Kmart has out-done them on nearly every video game deal.

Kmart should take full advantage of the leverage that the video game deals have given the store to become more appealing to the general public through advertising since it seems that there aren't any other electronics retail chains that are going to compete with kmart's deals. I believe that all kmart departments would see a nice increase in sales once people are aware of what kmart has to offer.

Can I get a gaming coupon if I buy Motorstorm Apocalypse on Kmart.com or does it have to be in-store? Sorry, new to this.

Josh, shouldn't the listing for The Witcher 2 under the "Coming Soon" deals only have the PC symbol? Unless the console versions were being developed in secret alongside the PC version, I don't think we'll be seeing them for a little while yet.

I'd edit the post myself, but I wanted to point this out to make sure.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, shouldn't the listing for The Witcher 2 under the "Coming Soon" deals only have the PC symbol? Unless the console versions were being developed in secret alongside the PC version, I don't think we'll be seeing them for a little while yet.

I'd edit the post myself, but I wanted to point this out to make sure.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to point this out also

Hey Josh, will you guys start having all of these deals online as well? Unfortunately there are no kmarts in the dallas, tx area and I want all of these awesome deals!!

With mortal kombat being on sale for 39.99 on 5/8. Would I get a price adjustment for when I Bought it on opening day?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, they are. I try and block them on Twitter, everywhere, but every where I turn they are right there :) Can't fault them, I'd do the same thing in their position.[/QUOTE]

Josh, is there any progress on the Kmart trade-in program you were talking about last year? The reason many people choose Amazon including me is that you can easily trade in games to Amazon to Amazon gift credit. Then they use the gift card to buy new games. I know Kmart has a program with Gazelle but the trade value is just too low for a while.

[quote name='foreinter']Josh, is there any progress on the Kmart trade-in program you were talking about last year? The reason many people choose Amazon including me is that you can easily trade in games to Amazon to Amazon gift credit. Then they use the gift card to buy new games. I know Kmart has a program with Gazelle but the trade value is just too low for a while.[/QUOTE]

As much as I would love this to work I think kmart has a looooong way to go before it would. No offense intended to Josh or anything but many stores still struggle with super basic concepts like knowing what's on sale and putting out product on release day. Best Buy recently did this and seems to be pretty awful at keeping their prices in line, I just can't see a store like KMart doing it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, shouldn't the listing for The Witcher 2 under the "Coming Soon" deals only have the PC symbol? Unless the console versions were being developed in secret alongside the PC version, I don't think we'll be seeing them for a little while yet.

I'd edit the post myself, but I wanted to point this out to make sure.[/QUOTE]
Oops :)

[quote name='fujimitsu']As much as I would love this to work I think kmart has a looooong way to go before it would. No offense intended to Josh or anything but many stores still struggle with super basic concepts like knowing what's on sale and putting out product on release day. Best Buy recently did this and seems to be pretty awful at keeping their prices in line, I just can't see a store like KMart doing it.[/QUOTE]
Another test is on the way that will be more user friendy. I'll post more details this week.

[quote name='dabamus']Hey Josh, when is the blog post about the CoD Promo gonna be up?[/QUOTE]
The prices are good, but the blog probably won't up until tomorrow. Depends on when the baby falls asleep!

[quote name='gundamb0i']With mortal kombat being on sale for 39.99 on 5/8. Would I get a price adjustment for when I Bought it on opening day?[/QUOTE]
No, it is a seven day policy. Thanks!

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Hey Josh, will you guys start having all of these deals online as well? Unfortunately there are no kmarts in the dallas, tx area and I want all of these awesome deals!![/QUOTE]
Portal 2 is up online this week if that helps, full cross over is targeted for Aug.

[quote name='aznhero913']Damn Josh, you must be getting to Amazon. Just saw the DOTD offer for P2 from them.[/QUOTE]
What sux is that it looks like I am only BM retailer they do, not complaining but jeez :)

They have been PMing the blog since Feb every time.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Josh will any of these preorder deals go online?[/QUOTE]
Pre order deals? Or do you mean will the deals ever be available for pre order, yes, they will. It is definitely in the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back