SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Marauder7']Josh

Is Brink going to get the free game treatment too?[/QUOTE]

THIS ^

would be nice, considering I plan on picking up brink but am not really interested in LA Norie until it drops a good bit. All the stuff they are releasing about brink makes the multiplayer look really really good. Looks like a nice mix of killzone type gameplay, defined classes, etc with call of duty style class setup but still holds its own identy well with the character movements, environment, and skill usage.

Josh has been working his ass off just trying to get the LA Noire deal approved. I highly doubt he would be able to get it approved twice during the same month.

[quote name='dino88']Josh has been working his ass off just trying to get the LA Noire deal approved. I highly doubt he would be able to get it approved twice during the same month.[/QUOTE]

Anything is possible with Josh :) Already did the pre-order with Gamestop with the trade 2 for 50 but want to pickup Brink from Kmart.

I hate that part in the middle of the week where I don't play games, but it's awesome when friday rolls around and i'm just ready to BINGE

Josh you should have some E3 week themed deals - like games people expect sequels of to be announced or something

[quote name='dino88']Josh has been working his ass off just trying to get the LA Noire deal approved. I highly doubt he would be able to get it approved twice during the same month.[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about the $20 GC? Man I hope it's approved. :pray:

Hmmm... I thought we heard the Lego Pirates coupons was $15 - but you're right, it isn't in the OP any more. Hopefully that is not a bad sign. I'm counting on getting my coupon train running with that one and it had better be at least $15!

[quote name='The_ZZ']Are we talking about the $20 GC? Man I hope it's approved. :pray:[/QUOTE]

it is approved, but josh is trying to get us a free 20 or less game to go wit it to get rid of those old games

[quote name='io']Hmmm... I thought we heard the Lego Pirates coupons was $15 - but you're right, it isn't in the OP any more. Hopefully that is not a bad sign. I'm counting on getting my coupon train running with that one and it had better be at least $15![/QUOTE]

i'm not sure, we know there is a deal, but not sure what it is... i assume its a $15 but i'm hopein for some lego price drops to go wit it :D

Hopefully if the free 20 dollar or less game is approved that there will be a memo for all employees to put the correct pricing on games and have them in a special bin or something

[quote name='SPVietBoy']i'm not sure, we know there is a deal, but not sure what it is... i assume its a $15 but i'm hopein for some lego price drops to go wit it :D[/QUOTE]

What he's said:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's most likely going to be a $15 on Wii, 360, PS3, $10 on DS/3DS/PSP.[/QUOTE]

Josh, is there a delay in the circular ads for us in Hawaii? I can't pull up the ad on the website for my zip code and in-store weekly ads don't show any Portal for $34.99. I'm guessing it should ring up correctly anyhow, but are our paper ads delayed for some reason?

My Kmart was sold out of portal, so I walked over to walmart to price match it. The person in electronics said that it looks like you need to sign up for kmart gamer to get it at that price. After a little conversation, he decided to call the Kmart across the street to ask them. The KMART EMPLOYEE said that yes you have to sign up for kmartgamer to get the game at the price... WTF? Got it pricematched anyways by taking it to the front registers!

[quote name='boneless']Josh, is there a delay in the circular ads for us in Hawaii? I can't pull up the ad on the website for my zip code and in-store weekly ads don't show any Portal for $34.99. I'm guessing it should ring up correctly anyhow, but are our paper ads delayed for some reason?[/QUOTE]
I t does not ring up correctly as advertised here in Hawaii. I have had many frusterating arguments regarding these prices advertised on this site. Very annoying and frusterating. We need so help with this Josh!

[quote name='jkircos']How much is the GoW PSP bundle at kmart. I waited 10 minutes for help today and no one came and I had to get back to work and yes I asked for help and they were paged...[/QUOTE]

I am almost positive that both the Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus God of War PSP Bundles are still priced at $199.99 as I've had both price checked within the last month. I own and play the Ghost of Sparta Bundle but I'm contemplating picking up the Chains of Olympus (RED) PSP to keep sealed and collect as their aren't many copies left for sale at all.

[quote name='GBAstar']I am almost positive that both the Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus God of War PSP Bundles are still priced at $199.99 as I've had both price checked within the last month. I own and play the Ghost of Sparta Bundle but I'm contemplating picking up the Chains of Olympus (RED) PSP to keep sealed and collect as their aren't many copies left for sale at all.[/QUOTE]

isnt that more them msrp??? Josh can you fix that?

[quote name='bredbu']isnt that more them msrp??? Josh can you fix that?[/QUOTE]

The newer God of War PSP bundle is $159.99 at two Kmarts that I've seen them.

[quote name='salty tbone']The newer God of War PSP bundle is $159.99 at two Kmarts that I've seen them.[/QUOTE]

I'll be very upset if I go back and it's disappeared after setting on the shelves for years (in the case of the COO bundle). I really want one for my collection.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'll be very upset if I go back and it's disappeared after setting on the shelves for years (in the case of the COO bundle). I really want one for my collection.[/QUOTE]

The Red GoW PSP? That's very rare now, I doubt you'll find one. I have one, it's awesome.

Unless there's a PSP for the new GoW game?

[quote name='The_ZZ']The Red GoW PSP? That's very rare now, I doubt you'll find one. I have one, it's awesome.

Unless there's a PSP for the new GoW game?[/QUOTE]

Their are two bundles. The red Chain of Olympus Bundle that comes with COO game and Superbad UMD. That's the red PSP with white Kratos etching and then their is the Ghost of Sparta bundle which comes with Ghost of Sparta game and Kickass UMD that is black on the front with red buttons and solid red on the back

[quote name='GBAstar']I'll be very upset if I go back and it's disappeared after setting on the shelves for years (in the case of the COO bundle). I really want one for my collection.[/QUOTE]
I believe there is another PSP bundle coming in June that is pretty good as well for 159 just as a heads up, not sure if that helps.

[quote name='cheddarisbetter']I t does not ring up correctly as advertised here in Hawaii. I have had many frusterating arguments regarding these prices advertised on this site. Very annoying and frusterating. We need so help with this Josh![/QUOTE]
Hawaii is a non circular area, unfortunately (and I've tried) there is nothing I can do about this issue. They need to honor the pricing though if a customer brings a print out of the ad to the store. The offers are reflected on the weekly ad section on Kmart.com.

[quote name='io']Hmmm... I thought we heard the Lego Pirates coupons was $15 - but you're right, it isn't in the OP any more. Hopefully that is not a bad sign. I'm counting on getting my coupon train running with that one and it had better be at least $15![/QUOTE]
It is a fifteen on Pirates, confirmed this morning.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hawaii is a non circular area, unfortunately (and I've tried) there is nothing I can do about this issue. They need to honor the pricing though if a customer brings a print out of the ad to the store. The offers are reflected on the weekly ad section on Kmart.com.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing there isn't anything you can do about my "non-roto" location either huh?

[quote name='aznhero913']So I'm guessing there isn't anything you can do about my "non-roto" location either huh?[/QUOTE]
It is all based on circular placements in particular areas. If the ad doesn't show up in that area they do not load the pricing. It does suck, without question, but it is the way they do it.

It is definitely one of the reasons I prefer blog only promotions because I do not have to wade through that crap with them.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is a fifteen on Pirates, confirmed this morning (360,PS3,Wii).[/QUOTE]

Is the retail on Pirates $49.99? And when will u guys get your PC games stock up again?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']it is approved, but josh is trying to get us a free 20 or less game to go wit it to get rid of those old games

i'm not sure, we know there is a deal, but not sure what it is... i assume its a $15 but i'm hopein for some lego price drops to go wit it :D[/QUOTE]

That is nice, i really REALLY like the 1600 MS point cards however.. HINT HINT HINTTTTT.. SHC team! It is 100% purchase if the new release has a 20-25 GC AND free MS points.. Or at least the point card is offered half off.. I cannot resist point card deals.. EVER

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hawaii is a non circular area, unfortunately (and I've tried) there is nothing I can do about this issue. They need to honor the pricing though if a customer brings a print out of the ad to the store. The offers are reflected on the weekly ad section on Kmart.com.[/QUOTE]
A few weeks back the MK and PSN/Xbox card rang up correctly, also the 120 bucks of software and get the 15/45 coupons rang up well. Someone is entering some of these deals from this site, it seems though not all. I understand that this is an out of area circular. But doest the Managers and district managers get notification for price adjustments? Or do the need to sync their computers to corporate?

[quote name='cheddarisbetter']A few weeks back the MK and PSN/Xbox card rang up correctly, also the 120 bucks of software and get the 15/45 coupons rang up well. Someone is entering some of these deals from this site, it seems though not all. I understand that this is an out of area circular. But doest the Managers and district managers get notification for price adjustments? Or do the need to sync their computers to corporate?[/QUOTE]
Gaming coupons (instant conditional offers as well which tie to them) work in all stores no matter what. Noted in the OP.

It is the discounts that don't work everywhere. Yep, stupid.

[quote name='ets']My Kmart was sold out of portal, so I walked over to walmart to price match it. The person in electronics said that it looks like you need to sign up for kmart gamer to get it at that price. After a little conversation, he decided to call the Kmart across the street to ask them. The KMART EMPLOYEE said that yes you have to sign up for kmartgamer to get the game at the price... WTF? Got it pricematched anyways by taking it to the front registers![/QUOTE]
should have started chirping 'MATCH IT' like their stupid fucking commercials

Anyone notice more stock of Motorstorm in their local stores? Just wondered if they got restocks with larger amounts, haven't checked my local K-marts today but I plan to check one of them soon.

Josh I saw this tweet from Justin McElroy at joystiq and I thought of how Kmart's been pushing discounts and competition with other retailers -

"This "slash $20 from the price a week after release" is a great practice, video games. Also, it will never, ever backfire."

Do you think that the $40 price point so quick after release is really harmful to the industry? Any more harmful than $60 prices and under-performing titles that aren't established franchises?

Add to that whatever effect this is having on the secondhand market. Without seeing any data, I'd speculate that "competitive" buyback prices have likely fallen noticeably from what they once were during a game's week of release. Not that I'm concerned, but it would make for some interesting analysis.

If $60 becomes the industry standard "early admission" for those who must have the game right away and preorder bonus collectors, with $40 being a standard price point a few weeks later for those who can bear the wait, I say bring it on. The publishers still have (supposed) control over it in any case.

I do wish $40 was just the regular asking price for games day 1 and they would hold that price for 10 months or so with a ~$5 variance for sales it would be a healthier situation than the wild price swings and drops we see now at a $60 launch price.

Then again that $40 would stop being a "special" feeling price if it was standard, so who knows.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Anyone notice more stock of Motorstorm in their local stores? Just wondered if they got restocks with larger amounts, haven't checked my local K-marts today but I plan to check one of them soon.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy at my kmart today and there were maybe 6-8 copies of it. When I went on Tuesday, the guy said they had only gotten 2 of them and he couldn't find either one in the back. They're usually pretty on the ball, so I'd definitely think this means they got another shipment in yesterday or the day before (and not they just now opened a box that had been sitting, ignored in the back for a week).

[quote name='cancerman1120']OT but I just read LA Noire is on 3 discs for the xbox 360. If I was not such an achievement whore I would get this on the PS3 (only get exclusives for that). Day one buy (at Kmart of course) but does this change anyone's plans for system?

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996/rocksta...they-could-barely-fit-it-on-one-disc-or-three[/QUOTE]

I pretty much always buy multi-console games on the 360 because I vastly prefer the 360 controller but I will definitely be buying the PS3 version now. Disc swapping blows and if I can avoid it I'm happy.

[quote name='jer7583']Josh I saw this tweet from Justin McElroy at joystiq and I thought of how Kmart's been pushing discounts and competition with other retailers -

"This "slash $20 from the price a week after release" is a great practice, video games. Also, it will never, ever backfire."

Do you think that the $40 price point so quick after release is really harmful to the industry? Any more harmful than $60 prices and under-performing titles that aren't established franchises?[/QUOTE]
Personally, I feel the entry level into gaming is way to expensive. Per hour spent, no, but that is not how most people view entertainment expenses.

I would love to see $29.99 releases that are only 2-3 hours long (similar to a movie) and have monthly installments via PSN/XBLA.

That is way off, but what it would do is keep titles fresh. It's wrong hat we have wait three years for a good sequel etc. It ruins continuity.

Saw a couple of copies of metroid prime trilogy at my local Kmart, called three times to ask for the price and no one could answer me. Does anyone know how much this is going for at Kmart?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is a fifteen on Pirates, confirmed this morning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Any news on a Zelda 3DS promo?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is a fifteen on Pirates, confirmed this morning (360,PS3,Wii).[/QUOTE]
Awesome, bought. Do you know what the MX vs ATV offer is yet, by any chance?

[quote name='mguiddy']Nothing much in next weeks ad.
Just a free DS3 with purchase of a 160gb (I meant to check to see if it includes any other ones before leaving but didn't) PS3.

:ds:Toy Story 3 $14.99 (I think... there was one thing that was $14.99, pretty sure it was this)
[/QUOTE]
Just a few things.
The fine print says the free DS3 is valid for all PS3 bundles.
:ds:Toy Story 3 is $19.99 not $14.99

Also remembered a few more drops.
:ds:Club Penguin:Herbert's Revenge $19.99
:ds:Jeopardy $14.99

Still getting LA noire on 360. Disc swapping doesn't bother me at all. Playing on the system that's in the other room because I never use it with the worse achievement system, controller, and friends list (personally) does.

IDK why more 3rd parties aren't doing what MS did with Forza 3 - one play disc that needs to stay in the system, and two install discs that people with bigger hard drives can use one time only. For people with smaller hard drives they swap the other two discs Playstation 1 style.

Maybe integrating those two solutions is harder than it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back