SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey just wanted to let you all know that I got one of the 100 dollar off PS3 coupons today[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Rub it in my face! *HISSES!!!!!!*:hot: LOL!:booty:

-grabs coupon and rubs in ChunLiBarbies face- oh yeah how you like,, ooh feel that coupon LOL

Now to convince my girlfriend to get it for me for early fathers day present

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes and no; the experience issue I think is turning a lot of people away.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'd apply, but don't have that kind of experience. You would think at the very least a Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts would be better than a high school diploma/GED. Not in this economy, where experience supersedes all.

Anyway, I think I'll have to get a copy of L.A. Noire from Kmart. Was going to go through Gamestop for the DLC preorder bonus. Kmart's free $20 game and $20 coupon with purchase has my attention now.

could someone tell me where you found price drops for these games? I see some have posted about metro 2033 for $20, but I'm not sure how to find this out besides check out at the register.

[quote name='Mister Sister']could someone tell me where you found price drops for these games? I see some have posted about metro 2033 for $20, but I'm not sure how to find this out besides check out at the register.[/QUOTE]
Post #6. (in Darth Sidious voice)

man i cannot wait for L.A. Noire!!! I've been planning on getting it at K-Mart anyways since i have a gift card and $10 of SYWR points, but that $20 coupon and free game $19.99 and under is such a sweet deal!!! SHC, you sir are awesome!!!

thanks darth sidious. I'm sure this has been addressed, but I have another question. Essentially, I'll buy LA Noire but I don't want anything til EDF:Insect Armageddon on 7/5, does anyone know if the coupon should be active until then? Does it matter when I buy LA Noire to give myself some more leeway?

[quote name='Mister Sister']thanks darth sidious. I'm sure this has been addressed, but I have another question. Essentially, I'll buy LA Noire but I don't want anything til EDF:Insect Armageddon on 7/5, does anyone know if the coupon should be active until then? Does it matter when I buy LA Noire to give myself some more leeway?[/QUOTE]

its in like post 3 or somethin, the one wit the faqs on gaming coupons and stuff, but typically, coupons last 45 days unless its been stated to be any different, coupons tell u the exp date (as most ppl know lol) so if its the typical 45 days, i dont think la noire's will make it to edf by a few days i think

Thanks SPVietBoy. I saw the 45 day thing, didn't know if they didn't get activated until the following week. Hoping somebody could tell me from experience, but hey! here comes another cheap MS point card.

[quote name='Mister Sister']Thanks SPVietBoy. I saw the 45 day thing, didn't know if they didn't get activated until the following week. Hoping somebody could tell me from experience, but hey! here comes another cheap MS point card.[/QUOTE]

right right, the activation, nvm, get la noire, then go out and get urself EDF :D the coupon shouldnt activate until the 22nd, which is 6 weeks before edf's release ( 6 weeks 2 days, so... u'll be cuttin it close lol)

[quote name='SPVietBoy']right right, the activation, nvm, get la noire, then go out and get urself EDF :D the coupon shouldnt activate until the 22nd, which is 6 weeks before edf's release ( 6 weeks 2 days, so... u'll be cuttin it close lol)[/QUOTE]

if i did my math correctly, 45 days should put it right on the 7/5...but i thought i read somewhere that K-Mart wasn't going to carry EDF...if they are i'll definitely go out and pick up EDF with the $20 L.A. Noire coupon...

[quote name='jj5206']if i did my math correctly, 45 days should put it right on the 7/5...but i thought i read somewhere that K-Mart wasn't going to carry EDF...if they are i'll definitely go out and pick up EDF with the $20 L.A. Noire coupon...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maverikm']FYI Kmart will not be carrying EDF :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

ahh i remember... damn my memory is shot haha, sorry =/

[quote name='Marauder7']Can't wait to pick up Brink tomorrow. Now the big question is should I get it for Xbox since PSN will be down til end of the month.[/QUOTE]

If you have both systems, you should get every multi-platform game for the 360 95% of the time, especially if it's for online multiplayer.

Now L.A. Noire is in that 5% that you should get for PS3.

[quote name='chriscolbert']If you have both systems, you should get every multi-platform game for the 360 95% of the time, especially if it's for online multiplayer.

Now L.A. Noire is in that 5% that you should get for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Whys that? 1 exclusive crime? 1 disc instead of 3?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whys that? 1 exclusive crime? 1 disc instead of 3?[/QUOTE]

Those are nice too, but this is the first Rockstar-published game that was developed on the PS3 first and then ported to the 360 whereas GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption were developed on the 360 and then ported to the PS3. I'm a firm believer that the native system will give you the best performance and to this day most every multiple-platform game is still created on the 360 first because it's much easier for the developers.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh I dont know if you answered this but will non roto stores get the recent price drops?[/QUOTE]
All store get the price drops, thx

[quote name='Marauder7']Can't wait to pick up Brink tomorrow. Now the big question is should I get it for Xbox since PSN will be down til end of the month.[/QUOTE]
My only concern is that the coupon download occurred this morning similar to Motorstorm, I really don't want any issues tomorrow morning, I'm not in the mood this week :)

[quote name='dgwillia006']On the site, it says Super Street Fighter 4 14.99-19.99 O_O. Is it different prices for each console version?[/QUOTE]
They are calling out an assortment of value skus

[quote name='dcemantrades']but it is not in the blog so I wanted to make it was for sure before I drove to kmart 15 miles away :)[/QUOTE]
It will be in blog tomorrow morning. Thx!

Hey Josh, I posted this on your FB page, but I'll ask it here too (with a tiny bit of editing :)):

Is there a chance for a sale on God of War Collection and GoW3 soon? Possibly another combo deal like the last time (I think it was "Buy both for $39.99" or something like that)? I'm finally interested in trying out the series, but their prices practically everywhere are still a little high for me--I feel like $15 and $15-20, respectively, are my price points/ranges for the two.

EDIT: Huh, you hopped over to FB and answered there. Cool. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']If you have both systems, you should get every multi-platform game for the 360 95% of the time, especially if it's for online multiplayer.

Now L.A. Noire is in that 5% that you should get for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Issue is that PS3 is the perferred platform most of my friends (40 / 3 ) so majority of the time I pick the PS3 version.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My only concern is that the coupon download occurred this morning similar to Motorstorm, I really don't want any issues tomorrow morning, I'm not in the mood this week :)[/QUOTE]

I should be there after I drop my son off at school. I'll let you know if it works or not. If it doesn't should I tell the cashier to reboot the register?

[quote name='The_ZZ']Josh: Any luck on bringing Catherine to Kmarts? Maybe one copy per store please?[/QUOTE]

Josh has confirmed that this will not be carried at K-Mart. Many others have asked but overall it's too niche for them to invest in carrying it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My only concern is that the coupon download occurred this morning similar to Motorstorm, I really don't want any issues tomorrow morning, I'm not in the mood this week :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering!

BTW, it's only Monday brother. You got a whole week ahead of ya!!

I'll be swinging by my store Tuesday night but I might pass and wait til' Friday afternoon just in case there's a deja vu of the motorstorm incident.

is the lego pirates coupon working as well? looking to picking both of those up (wit brink i mean), with the 60 worth of coupons from portal kombat release, along wit l.a. noire + its 20 coupon + 20 game wit brink and lego's coupons making it 6 games and 2 psn cards for... 185 + tax (5 of which would be new games bought on release week/day) not including the things i bought on the mother's day special (mostly... psn cards for prep when i get ps+ for a month) i'm loving kmart atm :D

[quote name='chriscolbert']Josh has confirmed that this will not be carried at K-Mart. Many others have asked but overall it's too niche for them to invest in carrying it.[/QUOTE]

Niche means it has a distinctive audience. Carrying only one per store may be a smart move actually. I would bet anything it would outsell Hunted Demon Forge... whatever that is, it doesn't deserve to be stocked at Kmarts let alone have a $15 coupon attached to it. Josh? :cry:

While I'll be picking up Catherine, it's a niche title. Carrying one per store sounds like the biggest waste of time and resources.

And while you don't know what Hunted: The Demon's Force is, it's on more radars than Catherine.

[quote name='confoosious']While I'll be picking up Catherine, it's a niche title. Carrying one per store sounds like the biggest waste of time and resources.

And while you don't know what Hunted: The Demon's Force is, it's on more radars than Catherine.[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY doubt that. Why is Catherine so niche? Sure not everyone is going to buy it, but many of the Persona fans/Atlus fans/Anime fans are interested in it. Rest assured it'll do good critically. Hunted looks like crap to be honest, and I can't see people going to buy Hunted.

Do most people even know what Catherine is, gameplay wise? I was shocked after seeing the quicklook on Giantbomb. The timed puzzle parts they showed looked very repetitive. Is there other parts to this game? I suppose it is my fault for assuming it was another RPG like the Persona series. I am looking forward to picking up Brink tomorrow, as well as searching for a few $20 games for L.A. Noire fdeal next week.

Well the early reviews are pretty mixed for Brink. Anywhere from a 4 to a 9 I have found so far. I was getting really excited for this game (not sure why) and now I am going to wait till Thursday or Friday before deciding. I will love to hear what people have to say the next few days. Starting to look like my coupon train is changing tracks. Now I need to figure out what to do with my $15 coupon if I don't get Brink and just go for LA Noire and then maybe roll into InFamous 2. HMMMM....

[quote name='The_ZZ']Niche means it has a distinctive audience. Carrying only one per store may be a smart move actually. I would bet anything it would outsell Hunted Demon Forge... whatever that is, it doesn't deserve to be stocked at Kmarts let alone have a $15 coupon attached to it. Josh? :cry:[/QUOTE]

while i'm not saying it will be good, Hunted Demon Forge does have a decent pedigree -- it's by InXile, which is run by Brian Fargo, creator of Bard's Tale and Wasteland (which was the precursor to the Fallout series).

Again, this doesn't mean it will be good... but i'm hoping it is.

[quote name='The_ZZ']I HIGHLY doubt that. Why is Catherine so niche? Sure not everyone is going to buy it, but many of the Persona fans/Atlus fans/Anime fans are interested in it. Rest assured it'll do good critically. Hunted looks like crap to be honest, and I can't see people going to buy Hunted.[/QUOTE]

Hunted has Bethesda slapped on it, it's a co-op dungeon crawl, more people are interested in this than in solving puzzles.

Another thing to consider with Catherine is that, in addition to being niche, it has rather substantial preorder bonuses. Since KMart doesn't presently play the preorder game, plenty of people who are anticipating it are likely to secure a copy with said bonuses elsewhere even if KMart did carry it.

[quote name='The_ZZ']I HIGHLY doubt that. Why is Catherine so niche? Sure not everyone is going to buy it, but many of the Persona fans/Atlus fans/Anime fans are interested in it. Rest assured it'll do good critically. Hunted looks like crap to be honest, and I can't see people going to buy Hunted.[/QUOTE]

What logic do you have that leads you to believe that Catherine has more buzz than Hunted?

Brand awareness of your average gamer of Atlus vs Bethesda?

What sounds better to the average gamer, fighting demons or solving puzzles with sheep men?

[quote name='confoosious']What logic do you have that leads you to believe that Catherine has more buzz than Hunted?

Brand awareness of your average gamer of Atlus vs Bethesda?

What sounds better to the average gamer, fighting demons or solving puzzles with sheep men?[/QUOTE]

Alright, we'll see which sells more, K? NOW JOSH I'M GOING CRAZY BE A GOOD BUDDY AND SEND EVERY KMART OUT THERE A COPY OF CATHERINE. FOR ME. ;)

[quote name='The_ZZ']Alright, we'll see which sells more, K? NOW JOSH I'M GOING CRAZY BE A GOOD BUDDY AND SEND EVERY KMART OUT THERE A COPY OF CATHERINE. FOR ME. ;)[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well the early reviews are pretty mixed for Brink. Anywhere from a 4 to a 9 I have found so far. I was getting really excited for this game (not sure why) and now I am going to wait till Thursday or Friday before deciding. I will love to hear what people have to say the next few days. Starting to look like my coupon train is changing tracks. Now I need to figure out what to do with my $15 coupon if I don't get Brink and just go for LA Noire and then maybe roll into InFamous 2. HMMMM....[/QUOTE]
From what I gathered, this game has potential deal-breakers that might turn people away. I still plan to get it. At this point, it's more or less a matter of deciding whether I want to get it on release day (week).

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm starting to really hate this ZZ guy.[/QUOTE]

Ignore button is your best friend. Then again, I don't think anyone uses it since we tend to flame and troll alot on the internet.

Brink just got torn a new one by Joystiq. Sounds like there's some major balancing issues, and coupled with the "teamwork or die" required for multiplayer, I'm really hesitant now. I may just wait for LA Noire and skip this one.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm starting to really hate this ZZ guy.[/QUOTE]

he reminds me of someone but i can't put finger on it. probably a former banned user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back