SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It seemed like the pricing is good now actually. Confirmed at multiple locations.[/QUOTE]

Josh -- I confirmed at two locations today that the pricing was NOT good, at least not at the price check scanners.

[quote name='The_ZZ']There's a chance I might not even like inFamous.. so it makes no sense why I would get them both at the same time. If I don't like it then I'll feel like I wasted $60. Again, it's fine. I don't even want Josh to respond, he has a lot of stress on himself already.[/QUOTE]

but the same logic works against u... y would u get the 2nd if u never played the first? or might not even like it? lol but oh well

josh keep up the gd work i will support kmart all i can. hope you got my email i forgot to put my cag name on there. i like mx vs atv so far.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Man... I wish inFamous would drop to $20 for the LA Noire deal. The deal you said is good but I have not played inFamous yet, so why would I buy both games at the same time? I spend $60 on a game that just came out, yet play it months later because I'm playing an inferior, older game first? Not ranting, just giving my two cents. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

FWIW, Best Buy has it for $9.99 with store pickup if you have one in your area:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Infamou...famous&lp=14&cp=1&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

I heard that there's going to be a deal on No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise? Anything confirmed? Amazon claims its retail price to only be $40, so I feel that will limit any deal. Hopefully Kmart sells it for $40 eitherway, but Kmart generally seems to ignore the official prices.

[quote name='chriscolbert']FWIW, Best Buy has it for $9.99 with store pickup if you have one in your area:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Infamou...famous&lp=14&cp=1&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01[/QUOTE]

Yes, also confirmed in-store. I guess this will do but it would have been so nice to get inFamous for free then spend the LA Noire $20 coupon on inFamous 2 and get a $15 coupon at the same time. I guess I'll have to pick up inFamous 2 when it's cheap. $10 is a great price I hope I like it, thanks. ;)

Today was my first time the coupons failed to print for me.
Just got done playing Brink for 3 hours, now I wish I just returned the game. Ugh...

Will email receipt tomorrow. Thanks josh.

[quote name='OnettHero']Today was my first time the coupons failed to print for me.
Just got done playing Brink for 3 hours, now I wish I just returned the game. Ugh...

Will email receipt tomorrow. Thanks josh.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer is where it is at

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']Multiplayer is where it is at[/QUOTE]

Would hope so... considering that's all there is.

Bots don't count as a campaign :p.

Honestly I'm surprised by how much fun I've had... definitely a budget feeling title tho. Would be a perfect steam sale $20 weekend game.

[quote name='DJP519']Josh -- I confirmed at two locations today that the pricing was NOT good, at least not at the price check scanners.[/QUOTE]
Did they actually ring it up? These are event markdowns, not reg. price changes.

So I have been reading that many people are obviously having problems with their coupons for BRINK and LEGO POTC printing......is this something that is supposed to be fixed and will print ok tomorrow?

I got the LEGO one and might just return it and re-buy it to avoid the hassle.

[quote name='Rod92905']So I have been reading that many people are obviously having problems with their coupons for BRINK and LEGO POTC printing......is this something that is supposed to be fixed and will print ok tomorrow?

I got the LEGO one and might just return it and re-buy it to avoid the hassle.[/QUOTE]
A return rebuy is less of a hassle then just emailing me, I'm offended :)

Yes, it should work tomorrow without issue.

[quote name='ldsdrive']Josh just took care of my issue. Thank you very much. That was fast. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm talking about! It's like, "Hmm... I might just do a return-reb...Holy shit, that was fast! (Josh fixes random people's issues even before they e-mail him)"

edit: On a separate note, I do feel bad for contributing to your all-nighter, Josh. Thanks for your dedication and hard work.

[quote name='sadboy']That's what I'm talking about! It's like, "Hmm... I might just do a return-reb...Holy shit, that was fast! (Josh fixes random people's issues even before they e-mail him)"

edit: On a separate note, I do feel bad for contributing to your all-nighter, Josh. Thanks for your dedication and hard work.[/QUOTE]
My pleasure to help everyone today, especially you Sadboy.

As of 2:25a.m. I am caught up with everyone who has emailed me today. If you have not heard back please resend.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The coupon didn't print because my warning that processing the coupon code the day before event would cause an issue went unheeded.

That said, I will be supplying everyone who sent me their receipt today $25 for Brink and $20 for Lego and MX[/QUOTE]

Good news - 'cause no coupon here either for Lego Pirates... I really thought it would work but no dice. And the clerk had no idea there was supposed to be a deal, though he was aware of the coupons (as I used the $45 one and he said those were an awesome deal ;)).

It didn't work at around 8:50 PM Pacific time but I guess the time doesn't matter if it is a register reboot issue. I wonder if it might have worked at the front lanes. The guy said I could go up there but I figured I had a better shot in Electronics. No dice...

I feel bad for not just returning/rebuying, but the limit on my credit card wouldn't have allowed that since it takes a few extra days to process a refund on my card. Hope you understand, Josh.
Still

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']A return rebuy is less of a hassle then just emailing me, I'm offended :)

Yes, it should work tomorrow without issue.[/QUOTE]

LOL...that sounded bad didn't it? Didn't mean it that way. Was just saying hassle cause I want to use the gaming coupon for L.A. Noire next week and didn't want to hassle you with trying to get that coupon out to me in less than a weeks time.

Got a pre-emptive question SHC......are measures being taken to make sure this doesn't happen next week with L.A. Noire deal?

[quote name='Rod92905']LOL...that sounded bad didn't it? Didn't mean it that way. Was just saying hassle cause I want to use the gaming coupon for L.A. Noire next week and didn't want to hassle you with trying to get that coupon out to me in less than a weeks time.

Got a pre-emptive question SHC......are measures being taken to make sure this doesn't happen next week with L.A. Noire deal?[/QUOTE]
Good question, yes, they have already processed as of yesterday for this exact reason

Me and some friends tried the bots and muti campaign. You spend a ridiculous amount of time time down waiting for a revive, almost always better to just go back and respawn. Slightly better with teams of real teammates.

Some of the choke points are just plain ridiculous. The challenges are frustrating.

Where's all this high flying parkour? I've yet to experience it.

I find it hard to pin exactly why I don't like it I haven't given up yet but its a tough game to love.

So did anybody get any promo freebies for Lego Pirate of C game? Was there a freebie at all? I know some promos not posted on the OP, like MK t-shirt, duct tape T-shirt for Dead Rising 2 etc... I believe only CoD:BO had the free patch described.

The Lego question was asked two pages back, but got shuffled with the coupon e-mails (honestly, I hate seeing those in this thread).

[quote name='Serpentor']So did anybody get any promo freebies for Lego Pirate of C game? Was there a freebie at all? I know some promos not posted on the OP, like MK t-shirt, duct tape T-shirt for Dead Rising 2 etc... I believe only CoD:BO had the free patch described.

The Lego question was asked two pages back, but got shuffled with the coupon e-mails (honestly, I hate seeing those in this thread).[/QUOTE]

Josh responded that he was under the impression that it was a pre-order bonus for retailers (that do pre-orders) which means K-Mart didn't get any. Post #4755 I think.

I had no problems yesterday getting the gaming coupon from the Lego Pirates. I've been in the store enough that the employees that work in Electronics did what I asked. I asked them to reboot the register before I bought it. He said that the only time he's seen the rewards download or "update" is during the boot process. He also said that there is supposed to be some sort of real-time update but with the outdated registers, it rarely ever works.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Josh responded that he was under the impression that it was a pre-order bonus for retailers (that do pre-orders) which means K-Mart didn't get any. Post #4755 I think.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I'm going to ask the cashiers work at K-mart anyway. The one dude I know, he's very helpful, believe it or not, I feel welcome there :lol: Thumbs up for #7777, I like the new guy and the younger gal at the electronic department (I like the old grumpy lady too, she looks mean, but she's actually very nice, she doesn't work at the game department anymore, not sure she still works there at all).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Did they actually ring it up? These are event markdowns, not reg. price changes.[/QUOTE]

No, I just scanned the barcodes at the price-check scanner. So are you saying that these May price drops will NOT scan correctly at the price-check station, but WILL ring up correctly at the reduced prices? That seems... odd... that the price-check stations don't reflect the event markdown pricing.

Thanks!

[quote name='DJP519']No, I just scanned the barcodes at the price-check scanner. So are you saying that these May price drops will NOT scan correctly at the price-check station, but WILL ring up correctly at the reduced prices? That seems... odd... that the price-check stations don't reflect the event markdown pricing.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes the price check station will reflect clearance and event pricing, I'm not sure what he meant by that. What the price scanner or RMU says is what it will ring up for at the register.

[quote name='martinez91']Yes the price check station will reflect clearance and event pricing, I'm not sure what he meant by that. What the price scanner or RMU says is what it will ring up for at the register.[/QUOTE]

Then I'll repeat, on Monday, I went to three stores, used the price check station, none of them reflected the price drops. I saw Josh's note about reloading the price change event a second time. Went to two more stores on Tuesday, used the price check station, and still, not reflecting the price drops. I'll try once more on my way home tonight. It's the two Beatles Rock Band Bundles for 360 that I've been scanning. (Also, having no luck finding the "limited" edition bundle anywhere around Metro Detroit, just multiple copies of the "value" bundle, which I have no interest in. If anyone spies one of the limiteds, give me a heads-up, please!) Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe that was an online pre order deal[/QUOTE]

Only B&M that had the keychains was Gamestop that I'm aware of.

[quote name='DJP519']Then I'll repeat, on Monday, I went to three stores, used the price check station, none of them reflected the price drops. I saw Josh's note about reloading the price change event a second time. Went to two more stores on Tuesday, used the price check station, and still, not reflecting the price drops. I'll try once more on my way home tonight. It's the two Beatles Rock Band Bundles for 360 that I've been scanning. (Also, having no luck finding the "limited" edition bundle anywhere around Metro Detroit, just multiple copies of the "value" bundle, which I have no interest in. If anyone spies one of the limiteds, give me a heads-up, please!) Thanks![/QUOTE]Here's a thought: If you happen to find an associate in electronics, ask them to ring up a clearance game as if you were going to buy it (you could say something like "I heard this game was on sale and I'd like to know what the total would be including tax") to verify what Josh has been saying; if the total price is indeed lower than the price check scanner says, then you can ask them to scan your SYWR card (if you have one) for the credit to complete your purchase.

Who knows, maybe Kmart's price check scanners don't work like other stores' price check scanners...?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Researching a new release guarantee program.

Goal: Provide x if a stores does not have the new release on the floor by 8a.m.

Verification needed is what I am struggling with:

Do you think the following could work:

• Store address / store number
  • Date
  • Camera pic of case where it should be located
  • Associate name confirming they do not have the game in
[/QUOTE]

I think the amount of fraud with this system would be a problem, not to mention the tremendous workload it would create on you and your staff. My initial estimation is that it would dwarf the customer service issues you currently have to deal with in regards to coupons not printing out, etc.

IMHO, the only feasible means of doing this would be at the store level. You'd have to have some "K-Mart Video Game Release Day Guarantee" where if a store fails to produce a game on release day/week, the customer gets a $5 coupon/gift card/SWYR points or a free bag of M&Ms or something. Of course this means if a game sold out you'd be handing out a lot of gift cards, and this method would be subject to the same customer service deficiencies that are causing the confusion with not stocking games and not being aware of deals, so the stores that needed this sort of correction would be the least likely to benefit from it. To pull it off, you'd have to have massive buyin from corporate and mandatory signage at the store level in the electronics section.

It's a nice thought, but the feasibility is questionable.

I informed the sales associate at my local store about the issue and asked him to reboot the register and he said "As long as you don't mind waiting about 5 minutes". I had no issue getting the coupon for Lego Pirates PS3.

btw, Josh, the store I go to (Gresham, OR) is fantastic. I did have an issue with them getting DKC Returns several days late, but the store has generally been good and has been fantastic as of late. They always have the signage up and the games ready to go the morning the deals begin. I told the guy there that I would let you know they're doing a great job! :)

[quote name='adamical']I think the amount of fraud with this system would be a problem, not to mention the tremendous workload it would create on you and your staff. My initial estimation is that it would dwarf the customer service issues you currently have to deal with in regards to coupons not printing out, etc.

IMHO, the only feasible means of doing this would be at the store level. You'd have to have some "K-Mart Video Game Release Day Guarantee" where if a store fails to produce a game on release day/week, the customer gets a $5 coupon/gift card/SWYR points or a free bag of M&Ms or something. Of course this means if a game sold out you'd be handing out a lot of gift cards, and this method would be subject to the same customer service deficiencies that are causing the confusion with not stocking games and not being aware of deals, so the stores that needed this sort of correction would be the least likely to benefit from it. To pull it off, you'd have to have massive buyin from corporate and mandatory signage at the store level in the electronics section.

It's a nice thought, but the feasibility is questionable.[/QUOTE]

I agree, there are too many variables and potential problems with trying to set up a system like this to deal with non-stocked new releases/sale items. Josh, you already have enough to deal with now, without adding this kind of policy. I think the problems with non-stocked new releases or sale items should be addressed internally. For the most part, I have found the items I was looking for, though Motorstorm I just barely found the last day of the sale, and copies of the game weren't even in the locked glass cases, they were put on the floor (without security shells) in a rotating case, well out of sight for anyone looking for them. I was lucky that I scrutinized the floor display, otherwise I wouldn't have found the game.

here's another tip: only bring as much cash (or only have in your wallet) as the total should be after the discount. That way, you can just be like "crap, I didn't bring enough with me." Do not show them the other $100 in your pocket.

[quote name='DJP519']Then I'll repeat, on Monday, I went to three stores, used the price check station, none of them reflected the price drops. I saw Josh's note about reloading the price change event a second time. Went to two more stores on Tuesday, used the price check station, and still, not reflecting the price drops. I'll try once more on my way home tonight. It's the two Beatles Rock Band Bundles for 360 that I've been scanning. (Also, having no luck finding the "limited" edition bundle anywhere around Metro Detroit, just multiple copies of the "value" bundle, which I have no interest in. If anyone spies one of the limiteds, give me a heads-up, please!) Thanks![/QUOTE]

Not saying this is the case, but is it possible the bundle you are scanning is not the bundle that had the price drop? As you said, there were multiple bundles so be sure to make sure the correct UPC comes up when you scan it. (EDIT: Just checked the price drop list and I guess both limited and value should have dropped) If that is not the problem... I dunno because:

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']So has anyone else tried to get any of the newest marked down games? I think I might try to get Resonance of fate today[/QUOTE]

I went last night to a store in Birmingham, AL. I picked up The Simpsons, Halo Wars, Hot Shots Golf, Monster Hunter Tri, and Madworld. With the exception of MadWorld, all games rung up as $19.9x - both as a price check on the register and when I checked out. I think these games (at least Simpsons and HSG) were among the most recent price drops.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Not saying this is the case, but is it possible the bundle you are scanning is not the bundle that had the price drop? As you said, there were multiple bundles so be sure to make sure the correct UPC comes up when you scan it. (EDIT: Just checked the price drop list and I guess both limited and value should have dropped) If that is not the problem... I dunno because:

I went last night to a store in Birmingham, AL. I picked up The Simpsons, Halo Wars, Hot Shots Golf, Monster Hunter Tri, and Madworld. With the exception of MadWorld, all games rung up as $19.9x - both as a price check on the register and when I checked out. I think these games (at least Simpsons and HSG) were among the most recent price drops.

[/QUOTE]

There are two different bundles, but they both received a price drop according to the list in the OP (5th or 6th post on the front page). I've been scanning the UPCs for both. Neither has dropped. But thanks for the suggestion.

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']So has anyone else tried to get any of the newest marked down games? I think I might try to get Resonance of fate today[/QUOTE]
I bought Resonance of Fate yesterday.

Per the 2nd post

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

I
went to my account and followed the steps, but I see nothing about contact preference.

Question: I am a Kmart Shop your way reward member, but do we still have to accept the email preference to have the gaming coupon to print out?

Hey Josh,
Sent you another email about no coupon for Lego:pOTC, as you said you responded to everyone last night and I haven't received an email from you. Sent this one to Kmart Gamerhelp address.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Not saying this is the case, but is it possible the bundle you are scanning is not the bundle that had the price drop? As you said, there were multiple bundles so be sure to make sure the correct UPC comes up when you scan it. (EDIT: Just checked the price drop list and I guess both limited and value should have dropped) If that is not the problem... I dunno because:

I went last night to a store in Birmingham, AL. I picked up The Simpsons, Halo Wars, Hot Shots Golf, Monster Hunter Tri, and Madworld. With the exception of MadWorld, all games rung up as $19.9x - both as a price check on the register and when I checked out. I think these games (at least Simpsons and HSG) were among the most recent price drops.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, The only one that is even a decent price for a relatively good/new game is Monster Hunter Tri, if that's 19.99 I might pick that up myself. Halo Wars at $19.9x isn't so bad either, but that's basically the going rate. KMART is very late if they are just hitting that price.

Basically I can't believe some of these games are *JUST* getting cut to sub $20 at KMART, other retailers dropped these games long ago (and in fact probably cleared them out more than a year ago). I can tell you Hot Shots Golf was $2.97 at Sears if you were lucky enough to find it, but the going rate is probably $20 on ebay now so I guess in that light finding a new copy in a store at $20 isn't too bad.

[quote name='adamical']I think the amount of fraud with this system would be a problem, not to mention the tremendous workload it would create on you and your staff. My initial estimation is that it would dwarf the customer service issues you currently have to deal with in regards to coupons not printing out, etc.

It's a nice thought, but the feasibility is questionable.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. It's awesome that Josh continues to be willing to step in for the operational deficiencies for those of us that want to follow up to get the advertised deal done. But there really is only so much that someone in purchasing should be even facing customers, really Josh should not have to face customers at all to resolve "issues". I think everyone, even on CAG, would prefer if things just worked 99% of the time rather than 70% of the time or whatever it seems to be now.Now obviously KMART gamer is a great idea, and having a direct line to his customers is brilliant. But I don't think the concept should be for Josh to basically take on a "helpdesk" roll where he gets hundreds and hundreds of unresolved customer issues that should have been handled at the store (if the store was competent). KMARTgamer should be more about communicating the deals and getting feedback. It really should work on the FRONT end, it *MUST* start to work on the front end more consistently or KMART as an entity is doomed to fail against their brick and mortar competitors, never-mind the convenience of Amazon and online store fronts which DOMINATE in terms of convenience.

I also think they seriously need to take some sort of corporate level initiative, I'm not talking games deals here but by the whole enterprise. KMART needs an upgrade in a bad way in pretty much every aspect of their stores. A massive remodeling of all their stores and logistics processes - including possibly selling/closing a vast number of locations and relocating to better areas. They are probably 20 years behind Wal-Mart and Target on this front.

Success today with all three games I wanted: Brink, MXvsATV, and Lego POTC - all were in the case, all printed coupons, all worked with previous coupons. In fact, the lady helping me even knew about the coupons, probably from the other person who bought the same exact set of 3 games just before me.

Had a lot of POTC left, about 4 Brink, and 2 MX (this is all 360).

They just simply aren't able to pay enough employees to staff all areas of the store or pay employees who aren't just lazy or don't care about their jobs usually.

I've found that the store I go to rarely has more than 7-10 people working at any given time. Think about how many people you see working at the wal-mart and target you go to. It's inevitable that they're going to have issues with customer service.

But they're probably between a rock and a hard place with budgets for payroll and size of the stores.

That said it really shouldn't be so difficult for so many stores to give one person one hour a week to stock new releases on a tuesday morning. I don't see how it could take more than that to stock maybe 50-100 new releases/restock items that come into the store. Maybe with DVD/Blu Ray and other electronics it should take 4-5 hours? I dunno how much stuff they get in on a regular basis.

Of course it's always easier to let it sit in a box in the back and say "i dunno we didn't get it in it's not in the case and the truck didn't come yet" for some lazy employees. Can't blame josh for that, or even say he's liable to fix it.

Hey Josh or anyone that can help, has the 3ds+madden deal been confirmed? I want to know what week it starts, i'm guessing the week after L.A. Noire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back