SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']I wasn't able to do that (buy psn card with $20 gaming coupon) a few months ago. the guy said you can't get something for free with a coupon and suggested I find some cheap item (any non gaming item should have worked). I just got another card and had him apply my $20 or so in reward points.

I'm guessing you have to pay at least $0.01 after coupon unless you pay with gc or reward credit.[/QUOTE]

ah perhaps, because as u said, its possible to get stuff for "free" wit rewards pts or gift cards, guess there is that exception wit gaming coupons, usually tho, there is tax to cover u there

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I wasn't able to do that (buy psn card with $20 gaming coupon) a few months ago. the guy said you can't get something for free with a coupon and suggested I find some cheap item (any non gaming item should have worked). I just got another card and had him apply my $20 or so in reward points.

I'm guessing you have to pay at least $0.01 after coupon unless you pay with gc or reward credit.[/QUOTE]

Your employee was simply wrong. A $20 coupon will work on a $20 PSN card. It will total out to $0 and you will get a receipt. I've done it myself.

Tried getting Brink and the SYR system wasn't working cause it wasn't even reading my card so inevitably no coupon printed but not surprised considering the trouble people were having earlier in the week but I read that it should've been fixed by today. Very disappointed with that as well as the lack of selection for any $19.99 titles at the store, so looks like Kmart loses my business for these two weeks. These bugs in these systems should've been ironed out by this point though. I'll be going elsewhere for L.A. Noire if I decide to get it.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Tried getting Brink and the SYR system wasn't working cause it wasn't even reading my card so inevitably no coupon printed but not surprised considering the trouble people were having earlier in the week but I read that it should've been fixed by today. Very disappointed with that as well as the lack of selection for any $19.99 titles at the store, so looks like Kmart loses my business for these two weeks. These bugs in these systems should've been ironed out by this point though. I'll be going elsewhere for L.A. Noire if I decide to get it.[/QUOTE]

ummm, why didn't you just give them your phone number?

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Tried getting Brink and the SYR system wasn't working cause it wasn't even reading my card so inevitably no coupon printed but not surprised considering the trouble people were having earlier in the week but I read that it should've been fixed by today. Very disappointed with that as well as the lack of selection for any $19.99 titles at the store, so looks like Kmart loses my business for these two weeks. These bugs in these systems should've been ironed out by this point though. I'll be going elsewhere for L.A. Noire if I decide to get it.[/QUOTE]

wat confoosius said... and its not even the system... maybe ur store, or ur cards messed up, cuz i went today and got my stuff no prob... also... the point of the free game is to get rid of old inventory... so its kind of ridiculous that ur not gettin it cuz there's no stock...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I wasn't able to do that (buy psn card with $20 gaming coupon) a few months ago. the guy said you can't get something for free with a coupon and suggested I find some cheap item (any non gaming item should have worked).[/QUOTE]

It sounds like that was only the employee's opinion, I've walked out many times over the past 6+ months with $20 PSN cards for free, from the $20 gaming coupons specifically. It's my fall back purchase if a coupon is expiring.

[quote name='Rukian']I would like to know when will promotion for L.A. Noire become available?[/QUOTE]
What promotion?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']also... the point of the free game is to get rid of old inventory... so its kind of ridiculous that ur not gettin it cuz there's no stock...[/QUOTE]
I don't see why that's ridiculous. It makes perfect sense to me.

Well, went back by Kmart last night and none of the drop games were moved to a different location or had their prices changed. So I took a chance and asked the lady working to get RoF and Godfather for me. She rang them up and they showed up at the 19.99 point. She told me I was lucky and got them right before they went off sale.
Now I am happy. Total saving on the recipt little bit over $50.

Though I am very sorry about your experience, there was not a bug I the system when you went to pick up Brink. You should have actually just been able to give them your number if their scanner or your card was not readable and the coupon would have printed. That said, I hope to hear from you so I can get you your coupon value.

Josh, Best Buy is offering L.A. Noire for $48.99 with a $15 gift card. I still think your deal is better, but how are they able to offer this? I thought publishers hated to drop the price of their games for at least the first several weeks.

This offer is set up as an instant conditional offer to all stores.

I presume this is what resolves the problem of having wording on the coupons say not valid for B1G1 offers?
Hope this works on launch day properly. Thanks so much Josh!

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Josh, Best Buy is offering L.A. Noire for $48.99 with a $15 gift card. I still think your deal is better, but how are they able to offer this? I thought publishers hated to drop the price of their games for at least the first several weeks.[/
This will be a severe issue with Rockstar. Every retailer was sent strict pricing guidelines. There are nasty penalties for this type of thing.

Just to clarify, a retailer can price anything the way they want to but the publisher has the right to pull all funding for a title if a MAP violation occurs.

Yeah, I'm probably going to take advantage of my first K-mart deal with LA Noire. My main concern is what my $20 game should be. The K-mart near me has only been around for a month so there won't be too many titles that have dropped in price.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Josh, Best Buy is offering L.A. Noire for $48.99 with a $15 gift card. I still think your deal is better, but how are they able to offer this? I thought publishers hated to drop the price of their games for at least the first several weeks.[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing Best Buy offering it for $48.99? I'm getting it at Kmart but I'm just trying to figure out where you got that price.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer'][quote name='Maineavalanche']

Just to clarify, a retailer can price anything the way they want to but the publisher has the right to pull all funding for a title if a MAP violation occurs.[/QUOTE]

This may seem like a stupid question but. . . . . what funding is a publisher providing?

Didn't realize you can also get a free $19.99 game with L.A. Noire, making the deal even nicer. I'm hoping to find a copy of Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection at my local kmart on Friday.

[quote name='aznhero913']what's up w/ this free MK i'm hearing about?[/QUOTE]

Josh had a giveaway on Facebook wherein he gave away one each of PS3 and 360 copies to two lucky respondents. I noticed it too late but thought it was cool.

[quote name='Rukian']I would like to know when will promotion for L.A. Noire become available?[/QUOTE]

I know this was already answered for you, but I wanted to add that if you're at one of the fabled 24-hour locations, you reportedly have to wait until 6am (or some similar approximate time) before promotions go live on new releases. If your store like most isn't open overnight, then it is available at opening on Tuesday assuming the registers were properly reset.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just to clarify, a retailer can price anything the way they want to but the publisher has the right to pull all funding for a title if a MAP violation occurs.[/QUOTE]
That's quite the little loophole it seems like, as publishers normally can't force retailers to sell something for a particular price, can they? Also, by funding I'm assuming you mean the money that makes things like the coupons or price drops possible, am I correct?

It seems no wonder then you're very hesitant to violate MAP. That'd be a bad set of handcuffs to deal with.

Not sure if Josh has mentioned the deals this week yet but here are some other sales we're having

Tomb Raider Trilogy - $29.99
Sims Medieval PC - $29.99
Dragon Age 2 PS3/XB360 - $39.99
Shift 2 PS3/XB360 - $39.99
Crysis 2 PC - $44.99
Dragon Age 2 PC - $44.99

Buy PS3 Move bundle GET Heavy Rain free

Josh or Stock Boy, this has been asked before but I don't recall there being a definite answer. If I buy LAN with a 19.99 game as well as a 9.99 one (putting the total above 60.00 so I can use both coupons from Portal week), will the system reduce the 19.99 game or will it attempt to reduce the 9.99 one instead? Would the order in which they're scanned matter?

I know that the simplest answer is to buy the 9.99 game in a separate transaction, but then I can't apply the $15 coupon to either purchase.

[quote name='DPsycho']Josh or Stock Boy, this has been asked before but I don't recall there being a definite answer. If I buy LAN with a 19.99 game as well as a 9.99 one (putting the total above 60.00 so I can use both coupons from Portal week), will the system reduce the 19.99 game or will it attempt to reduce the 9.99 one instead? Would the order in which they're scanned matter?

I know that the simplest answer is to buy the 9.99 game in a separate transaction, but then I can't apply the $15 coupon to either purchase.[/QUOTE]

Great question. I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it, the same will probably apply to my purchase.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Not sure if Josh has mentioned the deals this week yet but here are some other sales we're having

Tomb Raider Trilogy - $29.99
Sims Medieval PC - $29.99
Dragon Age 2 PS3/XB360 - $39.99
Shift 2 PS3/XB360 - $39.99
Crysis 2 PC - $44.99
Dragon Age 2 PC - $44.99

Buy PS3 Move bundle GET Heavy Rain free[/QUOTE]
If anyone wants to update the OP I believe it is still a Wiki, I am having trouble doing it with my iPad. Since the storm out here I have not had any home Internet etc.

went yesterday to pick up :ps3: lego pirates, and used up my $25 from the SYWR COD BO promo from last year. The $15 coupon from lego pirates printed up just fine. This was my first time getting a coupon so was a little worried, but all in all turned out fine. I plan to use the $15 towards LA Noire deal this upcoming week. Keep up the good work SHC team and Josh.

[quote name='DPsycho']Josh or Stock Boy, this has been asked before but I don't recall there being a definite answer. If I buy LAN with a 19.99 game as well as a 9.99 one (putting the total above 60.00 so I can use both coupons from Portal week), will the system reduce the 19.99 game or will it attempt to reduce the 9.99 one instead? Would the order in which they're scanned matter?

I know that the simplest answer is to buy the 9.99 game in a separate transaction, but then I can't apply the $15 coupon to either purchase.[/QUOTE]
99 percent sure it will discount the lesser valued title, best to do separate transactions in this instance.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']99 percent sure it will discount the lesser valued title, best to do separate transactions in this instance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input.

Is it too late to e-mail my receipt from Brink last week (coupon didn't print) and get the coupon? I bought it twice (returned it the first time) and never got the coupon, but I completely forgot about e-mailing.

I'm not even sure who to e-mail. My first K-Mart deal.

[quote name='bigaug']Is it too late to e-mail my receipt from Brink last week (coupon didn't print) and get the coupon? I bought it twice (returned it the first time) and never got the coupon, but I completely forgot about e-mailing.

I'm not even sure who to e-mail. My first K-Mart deal.[/QUOTE]

Did you get one the second time you purchased it? You bought it twice but never commented on if the second one printed.

[quote name='caponesgun']Did you get one the second time you purchased it? You bought it twice but never commented on if the second one printed.[/QUOTE]

No I never got it either time. I can just return it again though because I didn't open it. I was going to return and rebuy it when the coupon was printing properly everywhere, but I just never went back to Kmart.

I might just return it. Everyone says it sucks :cry:

Ok I plan to buy LA Noire and my brother plans on buying infamous 2. Can we use the two coupons to but Duke when it comes out since we both have seperate SWYR cards? Or can the coupons only be used by the account that purchases them?

Josh, if Sony's MAP is 90 days how come bestbuy is able to sell Motorstorm and Socom 4 for $45 without giftcard promotion. Is it because it's an unadvertised deal and that makes a difference. Just trying to get some clarification.

[quote name='boogie4114']Josh, if Sony's MAP is 90 days how come bestbuy is able to sell Motorstorm and Socom 4 for $45 without giftcard promotion. Is it because it's an unadvertised deal and that makes a difference. Just trying to get some clarification.[/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question.

Yeah probably because it's unadvertised and probably because Best Buy's just taking the loss or very little profit on them without Sony's support/crediting them for their next buy from Sony.

Also just a polite request for a discount on the two lego titles that came out recently. $30 would be awesome, but even $40 for them would make me feel better about giving them a shot. I've only played one of the star wars ones but the new ones look really nice. The Clone Wars and Pirates games.

Sweet...looks like I'll be picking up L.A. Noire and getting a free copy of R-Type Command for PSP! ^_^

What to do with that $20 coupon...the possibilities...

A polite suggestion:

I've seen this deal pop up random places such as Gamefaqs with links to this site. Already someone posted a thread and was crucified by people who believe everyone should simply immediately know how everything works here.

Everyone loves SHC and his deals and wants to see more right? So when a big deal like this draws attention it would be nice if everyone could help SHC out and just point new people to the OP of this thread or to SHC directly. Remember half of you call him Josh which new people wouldn't know and most people don't even know Sears owns Kmart let alone make the connection that SHC is Sears full name abbreviated.

Just think of it as a little polite helpfulness will go a long way towards more exposure for SHC and more deals for all CAGs!

Thanks for reading.

I had a really nice experience today.

I had read about the Wii price drop, and the bundle with Mario Kart. I didn't care about Wii Fit or Sports or anything, so I decided that if I could find the clearanced-out Fire Emblem in one of the four Kmarts near me, I'd buy the console and use my $60 in coupons from MK/Portal 2 on them.

The first Kmart had one copy of Fire Emblem! :bouncy: (stickered at $49.99 but rang up at $19.99). This was obviously a sign, so I went to buy the game and the console. However, the register wouldn't accept both the $15 and the $45 coupons in the same transaction.

So I used them separately which went fine, and then a $10 coupon printed out when I completed the transaction for the Wii! :D I didn't even know this would happen. The date the coupon is good for 5/16-5/21.

Also Ralph in the Wall, NJ store was nice and helpful. Make him full-time!

I went to return my Brink, and it turned out my K-mart was doing a spend $50 and get a $10 coupon today. So I returned it and bought it again for the $10 coupon. It's not $20, but oh well I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back