SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='biledriver']A polite suggestion:

I've seen this deal pop up random places such as Gamefaqs with links to this site. Already someone posted a thread and was crucified by people who believe everyone should simply immediately know how everything works here.

Everyone loves SHC and his deals and wants to see more right? So when a big deal like this draws attention it would be nice if everyone could help SHC out and just point new people to the OP of this thread or to SHC directly. Remember half of you call him Josh which new people wouldn't know and most people don't even know Sears owns Kmart let alone make the connection that SHC is Sears full name abbreviated.

Just think of it as a little polite helpfulness will go a long way towards more exposure for SHC and more deals for all CAGs!

Thanks for reading.[/QUOTE]

To be honest anyone who posted a question about any deal on the deals page would be given a similar response. It's annoying and if people don't discourage it the front page of the deals thread will get crapped up with people posting questions as new threads.

The guy didn't make any effort to find the kmart thread either - just came on here and made a thread asking a question where it says in LARGE BOLD RED TYPE "DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION"

[quote name='bigaug']I went to return my Brink, and it turned out my K-mart was doing a spend $50 and get a $10 coupon today. So I returned it and bought it again for the $10 coupon. It's not $20, but oh well I guess.[/QUOTE]
Why didn't you e-mail Josh?

[quote name='bigaug']No I never got it either time. I can just return it again though because I didn't open it. I was going to return and rebuy it when the coupon was printing properly everywhere, but I just never went back to Kmart.

I might just return it. Everyone says it sucks :cry:[/QUOTE]
[email protected]. It is never too late!

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey Josh was wondering what this spend 50 dollars get 10 dollar coupon is about today? Is this valid on point cards?[/QUOTE]
No idea actually. First I am hearing of it.

[quote name='sadboy']Just for future reference, how are you going to handle it if he returned the game to get the 50/10 deal today?[/QUOTE]
Regardless, if I read it correctly, Brink never printed out a coupon either time. I would honor that part of the promo.

I do not honor return rebuys in which the original offer worked as planned unless it is an egregious incident as a heads up though.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Regardless, if I read it correctly, Brink never printed out a coupon either time. I would honor that part of the promo.

I do not honor return rebuys in which the original offer worked as planned unless it is an egregious incident as a heads up though.[/QUOTE]

So I could get the $20 and the keep the $10 if I e-mail you my receipts? Greedy, I know :D

And the $10 coupon I got is a general coupon. It works on everything, not just games. You could have bought $50 in grocerices and got the coupon.

[quote name='lawl']Is there a list of $19.99 games?[/QUOTE]

First page has a clearance list, 99% of the $20 games are there. Confoosious also compiled a list of

[quote name='bigaug']So I could get the $20 and the keep the $10 if I e-mail you my receipts? Greedy, I know :D

And the $10 coupon I got is a general coupon. It works on everything, not just games. You could have bought $50 in grocerices and got the coupon.[/QUOTE]

That's probably why he wasn't aware of it..it may be a general store coupon not affiliated or linked to any one department.

So, I read the FAQ and coupons expire in 45 days. Is that true of the new coupon system? Sorry, I haven't bought a game in a while. When do the new coupons expire?

Thanks.

[quote name='atlantis']So, I read the FAQ and coupons expire in 45 days. Is that true of the new coupon system? Sorry, I haven't bought a game in a while. When do the new coupons expire?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Same as before. 45 days.

That name looked awfully familiar but it is not "for who we shall not name". :lol:

[quote name='vlv723']Same as before. 45 days.

That name looked awfully familiar but it is not "for who we shall not name". :lol:[/QUOTE]

Roflmao. Yeah, I was lurking on the site when that guy was trolling. Man what a good troll he was. Miss him already.

Hey Josh, I was thinking about finally jumping on the wii bandwagon especially with the new mario kart bundle that is out. Mainly wanting to know (if possible) if there is any wii system deals in the works in the coming weeks/months that I should hold off for?

Keep up the great work!

so i bought brink on Thursday but never opened it yet but i used a 45 dollar gaming coupon on it can i bring it back and get la noire instead?

[quote name='atlantis']Roflmao. Yeah, I was lurking on the site when that guy was trolling. Man what a good troll he was. Miss him already.[/QUOTE]
I'll give you mad props if it turns out you're Altanis, the former member who used to post here. That's what dino88 used to call him. :lol:

whats the status on this buy $50 and get $10 free coupon, will this print on anything or just video games, like can i buy a game for 49.99 and .99 cents of gun to get the 10$ coupon to print? I looked on the kmart website or email and didn't see this advertized anywhere..

[quote name='gamererik']so i bought brink on Thursday but never opened it yet but i used a 45 dollar gaming coupon on it can i bring it back and get la noire instead?[/QUOTE]

Would the coupon have been valid on the 17th? I'm not sure kmart's policy but if you wanted to essentially extend it's date they may not allow it. Presuming you have the receipt they may allow an exchange.

[quote name='DPsycho']Josh or Stock Boy, this has been asked before but I don't recall there being a definite answer. If I buy LAN with a 19.99 game as well as a 9.99 one (putting the total above 60.00 so I can use both coupons from Portal week), will the system reduce the 19.99 game or will it attempt to reduce the 9.99 one instead? Would the order in which they're scanned matter?

I know that the simplest answer is to buy the 9.99 game in a separate transaction, but then I can't apply the $15 coupon to either purchase.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']99 percent sure it will discount the lesser valued title, best to do separate transactions in this instance.[/QUOTE]

Please confirm that I am reading this correctly. I plan to use my $45 and $15 coupons from the Mortal Portal promo in April. Since L.A. Noire is $59.99, I need a filler for the remaining $0.01. However, if my filler is under 19.99 it will take the place of the free 19.99 game I should receive in this promo. Is that correct? If so, is it correct that I need to spend at least $79.98 (pre-tax) to use my 2 coupons and get the full value of the L.A. Noire promo ($20 VG coupon and free $19.99-or-under title)?

Example: L.A. Noire 59.99 + 1.99 clearance something + 19.99 game = $79.98; or L.A. Noire 59.99 + 19.99 game + 19.99 game = $79.98.

It sounds like there is no way to use the coupons, get a filler, get a $19.99 game, and be under $79.98. My only thought on how to spend less is to get a second cheapo filler as the 19.99-or under game. Is my math off on all this?

Why not just use the 45 dollar coupon on L.A. Noire, and then use the 15 dollar coupon to pick up another 20 dollar game or a point card. I only suggest the point card for when the DLC comes out for L.A. Noire.

[quote name='weaselbelly']Please confirm that I am reading this correctly. I plan to use my $45 and $15 coupons from the Mortal Portal promo in April. Since L.A. Noire is $59.99, I need a filler for the remaining $0.01. However, if my filler is under 19.99 it will take the place of the free 19.99 game I should receive in this promo. Is that correct? If so, is it correct that I need to spend at least $79.98 (pre-tax) to use my 2 coupons and get the full value of the L.A. Noire promo ($20 VG coupon and free $19.99-or-under title)?

Example: L.A. Noire 59.99 + 1.99 clearance something + 19.99 game = $79.98; or L.A. Noire 59.99 + 19.99 game + 19.99 game = $79.98.

It sounds like there is no way to use the coupons, get a filler, get a $19.99 game, and be under $79.98. My only thought on how to spend less is to get a second cheapo filler as the 19.99-or under game. Is my math off on all this?[/QUOTE]

So buy a stick of gum at the register for a buck? It will jump you over the amount without buying something to replace the game being knocked off via the coupon.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Why not just use the 45 dollar coupon on L.A. Noire, and then use the 15 dollar coupon to pick up another 20 dollar game or a point card. I only suggest the point card for when the DLC comes out for L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]

or this. But with PSN down until at least June that may not be practical :cry:

[quote name='caponesgun']So buy a stick of gum at the register for a buck? It will jump you over the amount without buying something to replace the game being knocked off via the coupon.[/QUOTE]

The filler has to be a "gaming purchase".

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Why not just use the 45 dollar coupon on L.A. Noire, and then use the 15 dollar coupon to pick up another 20 dollar game or a point card. I only suggest the point card for when the DLC comes out for L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]
Because then I still have to pay $15 for L.A. Noire and put $5 toward the $20 game. That won't put me ahead anything.

It seems to me that if your filler is a gaming accessory, it won't be targeted for the LAN free game deal but will be valid for the coupon. It's only a problem if the filler is another game.

Anybody who registered online for Shopyourway Rewards know how long it takes them to mail you the card? I registered for this during the Crysis 2 deal. Seems beyond slow to get a card.

[quote name='weaselbelly']Because then I still have to pay $15 for L.A. Noire and put $5 toward the $20 game. That won't put me ahead anything.[/QUOTE]

Well the way I look at is your spending 20 dollars to get 90 dollars worth of gaming products. Seems to me you would be 70 dollars ahead

[quote name='cardsharkrob']PSN is still down? Just reading on Gamefaqs that people have it back up last night?[/QUOTE]

Online gameplay is up. The marketplace won't be up for some more time.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Well the way I look at is your spending 20 dollars to get 90 dollars worth of gaming products. Seems to me you would be 70 dollars ahead[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'll be ahead something, this is true. But the reason I have the $60 in coupons is because I paid full price for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat. So I'm not really "$70" ahead in the long run. I get the game "free" because I paid full retail price last time by choosing to buy at KMart.

It's still a very, very good deal and I don't have any regrets-- I simply didn't realize I'll have to spend at least $20 OOP to use my coupons and get a free 19.99 game for the L.A. Noire promo.

[quote name='weaselbelly']Yes, I'll be ahead something, this is true. But the reason I have the $60 in coupons is because I paid full price for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat. So I'm not really "$70" ahead in the long run. I get the game "free" because I paid full retail price last time by choosing to buy at KMart.

It's still a very, very good deal and I don't have any regrets-- I simply didn't realize I'll have to spend at least $20 OOP to use my coupons and get a free 19.99 game for the L.A. Noire promo.[/QUOTE]

Well you didn't really have any other choices than spending full retail price somewhere else without the coupon, at least if you wanted to buy at launch.

I say use the $45 for your $60 purchase, get the $20 coupon and free $20 game, then use the $15 and $20 coupons for the next $60 release you want to get.

Or use the $15 on a lower priced game or game that goes on sale between now and June 4th, or a points card if nothing else comes up.

So if I'm understanding correctly. I can't use both my 15 and 45 coupon and get LA Noire plus the free game and an additional game to put me over the $60 minium to use the coupons.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So if I'm understanding correctly. I can't use both my 15 and 45 coupon and get LA Noire plus the free game and an additional game to put me over the $60 minium to use the coupons.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Your total will be 59.99 or 98 I forget. Cheapest filler will be YMMV by store, roughly 2-5 bucks.

Reading this thread, b&m stores are offering decent deals but complicated ones. Now I remember why I just do Amazon or if needed to just use Wal-Mart's stock and price match it.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So if I'm understanding correctly. I can't use both my 15 and 45 coupon and get LA Noire plus the free game and an additional game to put me over the $60 minium to use the coupons.[/QUOTE]

Well, if the additional game to put you over the $60 is 19.99 or more, then you're fine.

Yes you can but keep in mind the cheapest "value" game will be free. So if you get a $14.99 game and a $19.99 game, the $14.99 one will be the free title.

That $60 in coupons does not work on a $59.99 purchase really should not be such a surprise to so many people.

I wish Kmart was open and had the deals at midnight. I almost want to get LA Noire at Walmart at midnight just so I have time to play it on my day off. Almost.

Hopefully for Kmart the deal works right so you can't buy multiple games under $19.99 and have them all ring up free. Good luck on everything working properly with the deal Josh. Hopefully next week will be a good one for you and not end up as frustrating as it potentially could.

[quote name='confoosious']Well, if the additional game to put you over the $60 is 19.99 or more, then you're fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks foo. Short, sweet and to the point. Now if altanis was here he would call me an idiot or something.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Thanks foo. Short, sweet and to the point. Now if altanis was here he would call me an idiot or something.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you really wanted me to, I could. :)

[quote name='weaselbelly']Yes, I'll be ahead something, this is true. But the reason I have the $60 in coupons is because I paid full price for Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat. So I'm not really "$70" ahead in the long run. I get the game "free" because I paid full retail price last time by choosing to buy at KMart.

It's still a very, very good deal and I don't have any regrets-- I simply didn't realize I'll have to spend at least $20 OOP to use my coupons and get a free 19.99 game for the L.A. Noire promo.[/QUOTE]

My solution is just save the $15 dollar coupon and use it with the $20 one you get for L.A. Noire on your next purchase. I know it means you'll spend $15 this week, but it's the safest way to avoid hassle.

I see other mentioning it and I have before, id love a sweet discount on all the collectors editions laying around from last holiday season. Id grab fable 3, brotherhood, and a legendary halo.

You can do it!!

Ok I read a few pages and couldnt find my answer so n00b question. Do I have to bring a coupon or something to get the "La Noire|20 dollar coupon|free 20 dollar game" Offer? I just signed up for the Shop Your Way Rewards card online and I wanted to make sure I had all my bases covered. Thanks guys!

[quote name='piff']Ok I read a few pages and couldnt find my answer so n00b question. Do I have to bring a coupon or something to get the "La Noire|20 dollar coupon|free 20 dollar game" Offer? I just signed up for the Shop Your Way Rewards card online and I wanted to make sure I had all my bases covered. Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Nope, just make sure you have your phone number memorized to tell them since you won't get the SYWR card for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back