SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been some confusion over the $45 and $15 coupons from the Buy 120 get 60 coupons from a little while back and despite going over the past few pages, I'm still confused. Is it not possible to use them both of those coupons on a purchase of L.A. Noire? Sure, you're using $60 coupons on a $59.99 pre-tax purchase, but I'd rather use the coupons then fork out any difference I'd have to pay myself.

[quote name='Miro']There's been some confusion over the $45 and $15 coupons from the Buy 120 get 60 coupons from a little while back and despite going over the past few pages, I'm still confused. Is it not possible to use them both of those coupons on a purchase of L.A. Noire? Sure, you're using $60 coupons on a $59.99 pre-tax purchase, but I'd rather use the coupons then fork out any difference I'd have to pay myself.[/QUOTE]

You need to be over $60 pre tax. So three items are needed. Lowest priced game (if its under $20) will be free if you buy two titles under $20.

[quote name='Miro']There's been some confusion over the $45 and $15 coupons from the Buy 120 get 60 coupons from a little while back and despite going over the past few pages, I'm still confused. Is it not possible to use them both of those coupons on a purchase of L.A. Noire? Sure, you're using $60 coupons on a $59.99 pre-tax purchase, but I'd rather use the coupons then fork out any difference I'd have to pay myself.[/QUOTE]
It may not be a popular answer but I hope there is no confusion. The $60 of coupons would simply not work. Our system rejects anything in which Kmart would be in the negative after the transaction down to the penny.

[quote name='bigaug']SHC,

I was wondering if you got my email about last week's coupon deal? I sent it a couple days ago. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Still no Internet at my house unfortunately, I will check when I get into the office. Thanks!

[quote name='GBAstar']Going to Kmart... will report back later..

Josh.. is the rapala (PS3) game the one with the rod included?[/QUOTE]
To be honest, I am uncertain on the details of this game.

[quote name='Arakias']Not sure if its been answered but asked this on Sat/Sun - are all the original prints of the new Nintendo Select titles down to $20 in store or are old products at old prices? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to reask this one, but it will help me decide which Kmart store to go to.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Just got back from a squadron workout and figured that some of the East Coast stores are open now and I would check on here if it was working.

Here's hoping it does, because I'm sure you could use a week where you aren't gnashing your teeth and pulling your hair out.[/QUOTE]
So if the deal goes to the dark side (NOT SAYING IT WILL) I'll have a whole squadron after me? Encouraging......

[quote name='Arakias']Sorry to reask this one, but it will help me decide which Kmart store to go to.[/QUOTE]
Technically they should be but this is one of those occasion where the store has seven days to adjust thier prices. On the old ones at least.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Technically they should be but this is one of those occasion where the store has seven days to adjust thier prices. On the old ones at least.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh! I will be going out after 9 but have other errands so cant report as quickly.

[quote name='Thomas96']trying to find a 20 dollar game that I really really want and can boast about here to go with this will be difficult.[/QUOTE]

People need to stop complaining. So I corrected this.
Look at the OPs for clearance titles.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer'][quote name='GBAstar']Josh.. is the rapala (PS3) game the one with the rod included?[/QUOTE]To be honest, I am uncertain on the details of this game.[/QUOTE]Rapala ships in two formats with and without a rod... Just like the Pro Bass Shop: The Strike mentioned in post number 6. (Nevermind just found the Rapala game in the clearance post. No, Rapala Fishing Frenzy does not come with a Rod.)

Not sure what you'll find at K-Mart.

I think I might go give this a try... First time with KmartGamer thing. (I got my temp card with card number... Don't think I need anything else but do I?)

I got to the Kmart in Seven Hills OH right at open today to pick up LA Noire. Game wasn't out so I had someone paged to electronics. It took ten minutes to get the games from the back. Understandable, but then when I said I also needed something from the Wii case (the recent drops were all still in the case) the closing manager, who was helping me according to his name tag, figured it would be a.great time to explain the stores return policy to an employee over the intercom, making me wait 10 minutes to do so. Then when I went to pay he scanned my SYWR card, then the games. The total came to 86 something, and I was to the point of agreeing to the charges, so clearly it had been totalled up. Anyway, I told him about the deal and that it was on the blog, and he said he would check the ad. I told him it was a blog deal but the blog itself was in the ad. I gave up arguing with him and so now I'm in the parking lot writing this and I will be heading to another Kmart after wasting about 40 minutes here. I was told that the registers has just been booted this morning as well. Long story short, it didn't work so watch out.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Technically they should be but this is one of those occasion where the store has seven days to adjust thier prices. On the old ones at least.[/QUOTE]

Hi, >_

I went to the governor's square (bear, delaware) kmart at 8 am and according to the lady in electronics (she was aware of the game's release) that they didn't get their shipment in yet. I will call later today.

BTW, I was looking for the 360 version, however the PS3 version was not available also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, Just got back from store 4478 in Hamilton, NJ .... got the coupon no problem but i couldnt get the free game deal to kick in no matter what i tried, tried ringing the transaction 3 different times with bayonetta, ufc and enslaved, all under 20 but no luck, really didnt want to leave without the free game but playing LA noire is more important lol ... im gonna shoot you an email josh with my receipt, not sure what can be done but youve been great thus far so im hoping for the best

[quote name='PaulDE01']I went to the governor's square (bear, delaware) kmart at 8 am and according to the lady in electronics (she was aware of the game's release) that they didn't get their shipment in yet. I will call later today.

BTW, I was looking for the 360 version, however the PS3 version was not available also.[/QUOTE]

Every store got their shipment -- they're just lazy and not taking them out.

Has anyone actually gone through and checked out completely (even if the total is higher)? Can always return it if something isnt working though, yes, that is a hassle.

1st bad success story I tried to purchase la noire and Mario sluggers and the total came out to $87.xx. The $20 coupon printed though. So I just bought the la noire alone. Is there a way Josh can help with this?

Not sounding good at all so far. I'm supposed to have a 360 version coming from GoHastings from their price mistake a few months back but I want it on the PS3 instead so I'm hoping everything gets fixed by the end of the week since I'm not in a huge rush to play it.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Josh sent you a email about my expierence this morning[/QUOTE]
Good? Bad? Inquiring minds would like to know:)

No go at the White Plains, NY store. Like others have noted, the $20 games does not ring up as free. I'm at the store's Internet lounge so I'll just wait for Josh's advice on what to do next.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Good? Bad? Inquiring minds would like to know:)[/QUOTE]

From what can be seen the coupon comes out just fine, the free game is a problem. i couldn't get my free game, nor other people apparently :(

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']From what can be seen the coupon comes out just fine, the free game is a problem. i couldn't get my free game, nor other people apparently :([/QUOTE]

My Kmart is literally 3 min away so I am going to try but if it does not ring up as it should I will wait. Be back in a bit.

Waiting on others to report in before I drive up there. From the sounds of it so far, many people are having problems with the free $19.99 title. Wonderful.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']No problems this morning. LA Noire + $20 coupon + free singularity[/QUOTE]

Achievement Unlocked. Also, we must know your secret. How did the process go down?

Well, I am 40 mins from my closest KMart, and 50 mins from my preferred KMart. So, I guess I will be waiting to see if others start having better luck.

I have $25 dollars or so on my SYWR card so I am really hoping to get LA Noire, a $20 coupon, and a $20 free game, for around $35 plus tax.

By the way, say you were interested in games like Enslaved, Metro 2033, and Singlarity...what would YOU pick? Or are there others you would select?

I'm going to swing by my K-Mart at around 1 or so. I'm the deal with the $20 free game seems enticing, but so far there doesn't seem to be any success on this working for many of you.

I was looking forward to LA Noire, but I will have to pass it up if the deal doesn't work. I'm getting Witcher 2. :)

My expierence was good and bad. Free game didnt ring up so what they did was sell me LA Noire for 59.98 and my game i picked for .01. So I saved 19.99 today

2 Kmarts. 0 LA Noire stocked. 1 lady said they have it in the back, but will not grab them until later today. Both stores had a bunch of games that are supposed to be clearance, but are not. =( Dead deal for me. Good luck everyone else

[quote name='ShadowX']2 Kmarts. 0 LA Noire stocked. 1 lady said they have it in the back, but will not grab them until later today. Both stores had a bunch of games that are supposed to be clearance, but are not. =( Dead deal for me. Good luck everyone else[/QUOTE]

Wow. They told you it was in stock but would not sell it? How in the hell are they supposed to stay in business if they do not want to move product? Register issues and miscommunication are one issue, but outright refusal to sell you in stock and available product is downright ridiculous.

[quote name='hoofrog']Achievement Unlocked. Also, we must know your secret. How did the process go down?[/QUOTE]

It was no problem at all. Asked for LA Noire and Singularity (which was not marked down yet). She scanned it all in and was surprised it came out free.

The receipt looked like:

SNGLRTY PS3 A 19.97 T
LA NOIRE A 59.99 T

FREE GAME wLA NOIRE 19.97-
****TAX 2.90 BAL 62.89
SYWR CARD 13.66

came out to 49.23 in the end after using my points

[quote name='cardsharkrob']My expierence was good and bad. Free game didnt ring up so what they did was sell me LA Noire for 59.98 and my game i picked for .01. So I saved 19.99 today[/QUOTE]

Imagine the breakthrough if everyone looking to use $60 in coupons could convince the cashiers to charge them a penny for the free game...

Is everyone getting to the total phase? It will not work if they just scan it with LA Noire, the transaction must go through before the transactional discount takes effect.

Please confirm if you can.

[quote name='could have won']I got to the Kmart in Seven Hills OH right at open today to pick up LA Noire. Game wasn't out so I had someone paged to electronics. It took ten minutes to get the games from the back. Understandable, but then when I said I also needed something from the Wii case (the recent drops were all still in the case) the closing manager, who was helping me according to his name tag, figured it would be a.great time to explain the stores return policy to an employee over the intercom, making me wait 10 minutes to do so. Then when I went to pay he scanned my SYWR card, then the games. The total came to 86 something, and I was to the point of agreeing to the charges, so clearly it had been totalled up. Anyway, I told him about the deal and that it was on the blog, and he said he would check the ad. I told him it was a blog deal but the blog itself was in the ad. I gave up arguing with him and so now I'm in the parking lot writing this and I will be heading to another Kmart after wasting about 40 minutes here. I was told that the registers has just been booted this morning as well. Long story short, it didn't work so watch out.[/QUOTE]

If you have any luck can you let me know on here? I'm also in the area.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Is everyone getting to the total phase? It will not work if they just scan it with LA Noire, the transaction must go through before the transactional discount takes effect.

Please confirm if you can.[/QUOTE]

I was at the point after I swiped my card and it asked me to validate the charges of $86 something.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']So if the deal goes to the dark side (NOT SAYING IT WILL) I'll have a whole squadron after me? Encouraging......[/QUOTE]
If it doesn't work for them, they are, as the master poet Loggins once said, "Gonna take it right into the danger zone."

Gonna wait a bit more to see how other experiences shake out before I go grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back