SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='could have won']I was at the point after I swiped my card and it asked me to validate the charges of $86 something.[/QUOTE]

Me as well, i got to the point to slide my card and i just decided to go back and take bayonetta off because it killed the deal for me

[quote name='hoofrog']Wow. They told you it was in stock but would not sell it? How in the hell are they supposed to stay in business if they do not want to move product? Register issues and miscommunication are one issue, but outright refusal to sell you in stock and available product is downright ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

That's why Josh has a bottle of Absolute near his desk. :whistle2:#

[quote name='ShadowX']2 Kmarts. 0 LA Noire stocked. 1 lady said they have it in the back, but will not grab them until later today. Both stores had a bunch of games that are supposed to be clearance, but are not. =( Dead deal for me. Good luck everyone else[/QUOTE]
I refuse to let that happen. Please email me and I will more than make up for your ridiculously wasted time.

[quote name='ShadowX']2 Kmarts. 0 LA Noire stocked. 1 lady said they have it in the back, but will not grab them until later today. Both stores had a bunch of games that are supposed to be clearance, but are not. =( Dead deal for me. Good luck everyone else[/QUOTE]

How do you know they were not clearance? Did you have them rung up or was this based on price tag?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Is everyone getting to the total phase? It will not work if they just scan it with LA Noire, the transaction must go through before the transactional discount takes effect.

Please confirm if you can.[/QUOTE]

I got up to the "Is this charge right?" party and i selected no because it wasnt taken off.

The deal worked great except that Wii Select games will not ring up for free in the system and Muramasa: The Demon Blade wouldn't ring up free. Other than that, it was good to go just took forever with my previous coupons.

Josh, I'm at store 9860 in west Frankfort Illinois and they are telling me they do not have the game. This is the same store that didn't have portal and mortal kombat out for sale two days after the release. I drove over 30 minutes to get here and I don't want to have to drive back home or another 45 minutes to try another store. Can I get some help please?

Edit I'm actually sitting at a mcdonalds right now using their wifi on my iPod touch to post. Also to make matters worse, I asked the lady in electronics if she could look up stock using a UPC code and she just said no.

[quote name='harveyiscool']The deal worked great except that Wii Select games will not ring up for free in the system and Muramasa: The Demon Blade wouldn't ring up free. Other than that, it was good to go just took forever with my previous coupons.[/QUOTE]
The Nintendo selects may be an issue, only them though. We're looking into it.

[quote name='harveyiscool']The deal worked great except that Wii Select games will not ring up for free in the system and Muramasa: The Demon Blade wouldn't ring up free. Other than that, it was good to go just took forever with my previous coupons.[/QUOTE]

Is it just Wii select labels, original label, wii games, or the free game (coupon prints) that is not free that you are referring to?

[quote name='Arakias']How do you know they were not clearance? Did you have them rung up or was this based on price tag?[/QUOTE]

I cannot verify 100% since I couldn't do the LA Noire deal with it. The first Kmart had most of the games supposedly on clearance at 29.97 some were price tagged at 59.99. Even the Beatles: Rock Band Bundle was clearance at 79.99 instead of 49.97.

The second Kmart is where the lady told me they have the new release games in the back, but they won't get to them now since they are price tagging others stuff in the store. I also asked to check the price for one of the games supposedly on clearance and she looked at it in the glass and said "OH! its 39.99" and walked off. :drool:

All is well now. Thanks Josh!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nixmahn']Is it just Wii select labels, original label, wii games, or the free game (coupon prints) that is not free that you are referring to?[/QUOTE]
Just the 4 Nintendo select titles.

System did not discount the $19.99 game; the guy tried twice. He was aware of the deal though and got an over-ride to manually discount the game. This was in Oakdale, MN - as a side note I would like to say that the employees have always been helpful and polite even when they don't know about the deals.

Store #3634 did not ring up properly in Electronics. Singularity :360: was not coming up for free with L.A. Noire :ps3:. I'm guessing it's the rebooting issue. If I'm unsuccessful during lunch at the Kmart near work, I'll retry #3634 on the way home and post here Josh.

They were putting several more copies of L.A. Noire out while I was there though, so that's good. :)
Now I'm hoping they don't run out of Singularity :360: after they do reboot. :lol:

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Josh, I'm at store 9860 in west Frankfort Illinois and they are telling me they do not have the game. This is the same store that didn't have portal and mortal kombat out for sale two days after the release. I drove over 30 minutes to get here and I don't want to have to drive back home or another 45 minutes to try another store. Can I get some help please?

Edit I'm actually sitting at a mcdonalds right now using their wifi on my iPod touch to post.[/QUOTE]
Bet dollars to doughnuts they've got it in back but the employee in electronics is unaware, since it arrives in a separate shipment from the usual stock. Hopefully Josh can tell you what, specifically, to tell them to look for. But they do have it all in a big box, somewhere. Good luck.

[quote name='Trance Addix']That's why Josh has a bottle of Absolute near his desk. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
He may be needing a cold beer today. :beer:Hooray, beer!

No problems at my Racine WI store (#3851) as usual. This store has been nothing but a positive experience. The morning guy Patrick has always been friendly and he knows about the blog. All the games were out ready to go at 8:10. I was able to get LAN and Lost Odyssey with no issue with the free game. Used my $45 coupon and $15 in points and walked out without opening my wallet. Great experience overall. Thanks Josh!

It worked for me at the KMart Store on 34 street, NY. I got my copy + Front Mission Evolved. Are you guys having your rewards card scanned first? I know when he rung up the games before entering my card number, it didn't work.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Josh, I'm at store 9860 in west Frankfort Illinois and they are telling me they do not have the game. This is the same store that didn't have portal and mortal kombat out for sale two days after the release. I drove over 30 minutes to get here and I don't want to have to drive back home or another 45 minutes to try another store. Can I get some help please?

Edit I'm actually sitting at a mcdonalds right now using their wifi on my iPod touch to post. Also to make matters worse, I asked the lady in electronics if she could look up stock using a UPC code and she just said no.[/QUOTE]
Your store has 22 copies on hand. Calling them now.

I truly feel Josh's pain with employees essentially refusing to do their job. I'm surprised there hasn't been a major corporate intervention yet. No customer should need to argue with anyone to buy something the store should be selling.

Josh you are the gold standard in patience and dedication.

The only confirmed $20 or under game that is not working are the Nintendo selects, Animal Crossing, Super Sluggers, Wii Sports and Twilight Princess. We are working on updating the system to reflect these games.

Sad to here about the issues people are having. I was hoping to see lots of positivity to pump me up for when I tried to go get my copy. Oh well it's never stopped in me in the past. :)

Few things people should keep in mind. I would bring the UPC Code with you because you should be able to get them to look the game up. I've found employees generally won't refuse you if they see it in the system. Also printing out the blog or having a smart phone with the blog pulled up has also saved me a few headaches in the past.

LA Noire UPC:
:ps3: 710425378041
:360: 710425398032

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Bet dollars to doughnuts they've got it in back but the employee in electronics is unaware, since it arrives in a separate shipment from the usual stock. Hopefully Josh can tell you what, specifically, to tell them to look for. But they do have it all in a big box, somewhere. Good luck.

He may be needing a cold beer today. :beer:Hooray, beer![/QUOTE]
I'm a Jameson man.

No go on the free game in Jax. Ending up just buying the game that was supposed to be free because there was a line forming and I am always concerned about looking like a douche. Should I just return the game or what Josh?

The deal IS working as planned. Multiple confirmations across different regions. If there is anyone who doesn't get this as planned and is following the steps outlined in the blog and here just let me know and I'll take care of you as I always have.

[email protected]

Kmart wouldn't give me the free game either. I tried with SingStar Vol 2 which rang up at $19.97 (or close to that). I ended up just buying Noire. Sad but still a good game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']At this point I just hope you won't need an Irish Car Bomb:hot:[/QUOTE]
I was just about to suggest the very thing to drink. :lol: Guinness, Jameson, and Bailey's. It's Irish chocolate milk, I tells you!

[quote name='n4styn4t3']No go on the free game in Jax. Ending up just buying the game that was supposed to be free because there was a line forming and I am always concerned about looking like a douche. Should I just return the game or what Josh?[/QUOTE]

I was already on the fence about even dropping the $60. This isn't helping me in wanting to do so. (since I'm in same area.)Which K-Mart did you hit?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']No go on the free game in Jax. Ending up just buying the game that was supposed to be free because there was a line forming and I am always concerned about looking like a douche. Should I just return the game or what Josh?[/QUOTE]

If possible, since you actually made the purchase without the free game, can you post your receipt (minus any personal info) so we can see the transaction for what might have failed? You should get a copy in the e-mail that is registered with SYWR.

Ok guys I think I found he solution. After I bought noire without the free game I went to another kmart and saw some guys trying to get the deal and noticed that it works with the games priced at $19.97 not 19.99 as the cashier told she tried to ring up someone earlier with a $19.99 game and it didn't work and the 2 guys picked out free games that were $19.97. So it seems to only be working on the clearance games. So Josh look into this and let me know what I can do about not getting the free game since I purchase noire without it.
Thanks

Got LA Noire and Oblivion GOTY. Didn't work at first so manager manually dropped the prices to $59.98 and $19.98 and it worked. Used $14 in points so I was definitely happy with what I paid out the door.

I was just at store 3978 in Peachtree City GA. and the computer would not take off the 19.99 game although I did get the 20 coupon for future use. Employees knew nothing about and I even tried talking to the service desk but had no luck. They told me you just got 20 credit and no free game. So I just left with L.A. Noire and no free game. I used 20 bucks I had on my SYWY card would that make a difference?

[quote name='boogie4114']Ok guys I think I found he solution. After I bought noire without the free game I went to another kmart and saw some guys trying to get the deal and noticed that it works with the games priced at $19.97 not 19.99 as the cashier told she tried to ring up someone earlier with a $19.99 game and it didn't work and the 2 guys picked out free games that were $19.97. So it seems to only be working on the clearance games. So Josh look into this and let me know what I can do about not getting the free game since I purchase noire without it.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

If that's the case it's probably an IT programming issue. They probably used the logic of '

[quote name='Vader582']Store #3634 did not ring up properly in Electronics. Singularity :360: was not coming up for free with L.A. Noire :ps3:. I'm guessing it's the rebooting issue. If I'm unsuccessful during lunch at the Kmart near work, I'll retry #3634 on the way home and post here Josh.

They were putting several more copies of L.A. Noire out while I was there though, so that's good. :)
Now I'm hoping they don't run out of Singularity :360: after they do reboot. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a rebooting issue. If that were the case, the coupon wouldn't be printing out either.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The deal IS working as planned. Multiple confirmations across different regions. If there is anyone who doesn't get this as planned and is following the steps outlined in the blog and here just let me know and I'll take care of you as I always have.

[email protected][/QUOTE]

Josh,

I was planning to pick up Zelda along with LA Noire this morning. According to your earlier post, I guess there is an issue with Nintendo Selects title particularily. Is the deal working now? If not, should I wait 'till I get a confirmation from you? Or, will you be able to compensate the purchase (for Zelda) if I just go ahead and purchase both titles (LA Noire and Zelda) this morning ? Please advise. Thanks.

I decided to go to the College Square Kmart (Newark, Delaware). They had a lot of copies for each system. Free game (picked up Singularity (360)) + $20 game coupon printed.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I was already on the fence about even dropping the $60. This isn't helping me in wanting to do so. (since I'm in same area.)Which K-Mart did you hit?[/QUOTE]

Atlantic blvd in Neptune Beach

[quote name='blindinglights']Got LA Noire and Oblivion GOTY. Didn't work at first so manager manually dropped the prices to $59.98 and $19.98 and it worked. Used $14 in points so I was definitely happy with what I paid out the door.[/QUOTE]

With this it does look like it is a total price related issue. The manager effectively reduced the total by .02 here. And if the the previous post about 19.97 games working but not 19.99 games is a .02 difference. Could that be it? It is looking for 59.99 + 19.97 or less specifically?

[quote name='boogie4114']Ok guys I think I found he solution. After I bought noire without the free game I went to another kmart and saw some guys trying to get the deal and noticed that it works with the games priced at $19.97 not 19.99 as the cashier told she tried to ring up someone earlier with a $19.99 game and it didn't work and the 2 guys picked out free games that were $19.97. So it seems to only be working on the clearance games. So Josh look into this and let me know what I can do about not getting the free game since I purchase noire without it.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that my game rang up at $19.97

[quote name='hoofrog']With this it does look like it is a total price related issue. The manager effectively reduced the total by .02 here. And if the the previous post about 19.97 games working but not 19.99 games is a .02 difference. Could that be it? It is looking for 59.99 + 19.97 or less specifically?[/QUOTE]
Everything is loaded that has a regular price of $19.99 and below actually. Not sure if this is associate error or not.

Worked fine for me with no problems in Tulsa. I did get a $19.97 game so maybe that is the case. Good experience, nabbed three games for $20 out the door. Can't beat that.

Holy cow. I would have given that lady a peice of my mind. Especially paying $4 a gallon (at least) to drive out to your store and you tell me you can't be bothered to walk 10 minutes into a back room??

I'm guessing that the "are not clearance" games are ones that haven't had their price stickers updated. I think you should have been a little more persistent because those price drops are like any other retailer - price stickers are out of date, etc.

Hoping I don't have any trouble at mine. Sounds like yet again some programmer messed up the discount. Not Josh's fault, but still frustrating. Weird that only stuff below $19.99 works. Probably forgot an = sign somewhere in there.

IF ITEM is LESS THAN $19.99 THAN ITEM IS $0.00

without

IF ITEM is EQUAL TO $19.99 THAN ITEM IS $0.00

maybe?

Jus got back from store #3381. LA Noire wasn;t out. It was in a box behind the counter and I noticed a couple of customers looking through the glass cases, probably for the game.

Donna the front end mgr rang me up discounting the $20 for the Brink muck up from last week, then the two $15 coupons from Pirates and MX, once total was hit my seond game Metro 2033 got discounted and the $20 coupon printed out. So aside from the fact the game wasnt out everything went without a hitch.

Deal worked perfectly at Taylor, Mi location. Now to wait til I get off work at 5 to crack this mofo open. Thanks for the awesome deals Josh. All your great deals and hard work are truly appreciated. :)

[quote name='dino88']I don't think it's a rebooting issue. If that were the case, the coupon wouldn't be printing out either.[/QUOTE]
I didn't actually go through with the purchase. I figured I'd post here, maybe get Josh to send them a note to reboot the register and return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back