SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn all these bad stories of the free game not ringing up makes me not even want to try to get this deal. But since someone said the racine, wi kmart did it fine, hopefully the kenosha, wi kmart will work too since they are close. if i dont get a free game im not even buying LA Noire.

Can't get my receipt to save but this is the bulk of what it said.
GENERAL MERCHANDISE
71042539803 LA NOIRE A 59.99 T
88222452101 LOST ODYSSEY A 19.97 T
GAMING COUPON 45.00-
FREE GAME wLA NOIRE 19.97-
**** TAX .00 BAL 14.99
SYWR CARD 14.99
CHANGE .00
TOTAL SAVED: 20.02

Issued Offer # 440517117707
Issued Offer # 440702110810

I've learned not to get in no hurry on trying to get in on these kmart deals. My kmart never puts launch day games out the 1st day even if they are listed in their paper. Plus I want to get one of the $19.99 wii games free with LA noire and see there is a problem there so hopefully that gets lined out by the end of the week because I really want to get in on this deal.

Josh, Do you think the Wii selects titles should be fixed today or is this going to take longer to work out (I know you said you were working on it but didn't know if it was a quick fix) ? I was planning on going up there after work 4:00ish. . . .

So at this point can anyone confirm that: A) They did receive a $19.99 game for free without any override or B) They did not receive a $19.97 game for free without override? I know what Josh said but this is very intriguing and could be the key unless someone can shoot it down with a confirmed case from the above scenarios.

[quote name='cancerman1120']TOTAL SAVED: 20.02 [/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm missing something, but that's odd math for the free $19.97 game.

Everything is good in Bangor, ME. Picked up two copies of LA Noire and used coupons on both. Paired the first game with HAWK (Headset incl.) and the second with SINGSTAR Vol. 2 for my girlfriend. Both free games ring up as... well... free.

Clearance sections was real bare as their were several others games I wanted but not in stock. Oh well.

Great deal regardless josh!

[quote name='GBAstar']Everything is good in Bangor, ME. Picked up two copies of LA Noire and used coupons on both. Paired the first game with HAWK (Headset incl.) and the second with SINGSTAR Vol. 2 for my girlfriend. Both free games ring up as... well... free.

Clearance sections was real bare as their were several others games I wanted but not in stock. Oh well.

Great deal regardless josh![/QUOTE]

OK, now this is a contradictory post from someone earlier who could not get the SINGSTAR Vol. 2 to come out free.

I would be really interested to see the receipts of those having issues with the deal. I believe SYWR e-mails you a copy with each purchase (does for me anyway) so if anyone who has been denied can post a copy it may help us figure out the issue.

[quote name='salty tbone']Maybe I'm missing something, but that's odd math for the free $19.97 game.[/QUOTE]

I try to not ask questions:) But I thought it was strange also. I was was just happy it worked and I paid nothing today.

[quote name='chriscolbert']So at this point can anyone confirm that: A) They did receive a $19.99 game for free without any override or B) They did not receive a $19.97 game for free without override? I know what Josh said but this is very intriguing and could be the key unless someone can shoot it down with a confirmed case from the above scenarios.[/QUOTE]
On Twitter Alan Wake was rung up free and it is $19.99.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']So if the deal goes to the dark side (NOT SAYING IT WILL) I'll have a whole squadron after me? Encouraging......[/QUOTE]Well, I'm sure you would appreciate more business, but unfortunatly no. I have tried to tell people about Kmarts awesome deals. I've been preaching to coworkers for a year now that Kmart can't be beat for gaming deals. But they are the types who will go to Gamestop and slap down preorders for 3 or 4 games and pay full price for them.I've given up on some of them. A guy in my shop will be going to pick up his copy of LA Noire today from GS for full price, while my copy will be free, thanks to the MK/Portal 2 deal. Makes me wonder sometimes, these people.......Welp, I'll be leaving in about an hour or so to hit up my Kmart. It was dumb of me to not check Resonance of Fate's price last week though, as the Feb clearance drops never took effect at my store for some reason. If RoF doesn't ring up $19.99 (and then free), then that throws all my plans for a loop. Don't know what other game I would want really.

Ugghh...I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach I would get up this morning and see something had gone wrong with this deal at K-Mart. As great as it is, I don't really have time to deal with arguing with uninformed associates, hoping the game is out, and worrying if it will ring up right. With gas the way it is, I don't really want to mess around with taking multiple trips to this store. I still have 2 $45 coupons to burn, but don't know what to spend them on. Would like to get some of the recently marked down titles, but there is a good chance those won't ring up at the right prices either.

I guess I could try to pester poor Josh about getting everything righted, but the last deal I tried didn't ring up correctly, and I never received my mail-in compensation GC. Just gonna go with my backup preorder at BB w/ the $15 GC + $10 worth of RZ points.

[quote name='sgaldis']Ugghh...I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach I would get up this morning and see something had gone wrong with this deal at K-Mart. As great as it is, I don't really have time to deal with arguing with uninformed associates, hoping the game is out, and worrying if it will ring up right. With gas the way it is, I don't really want to mess around with taking multiple trips to this store. I still have 2 $45 coupons to burn, but don't know what to spend them on. Would like to get some of the recently marked down titles, but there is a good chance those won't ring up at the right prices either.

I guess I could try to pester poor Josh about getting everything righted, but the last deal I tried didn't ring up correctly, and I never received my mail-in compensation GC. Just gonna go with my backup preorder at BB w/ the $15 GC + $10 worth of RZ points.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he would want to know you didn't receive it man. I'm going to go and if it doesn't give me the free title, I'll pay for it (to avoid issues) and send my receipt clearly showing that I had to pay. I'm sure he'll make it right, I don't see many on here stating that he said he would do something, and then didn't.

I understand though, time and hassle in my opinion are sometimes worth more then $.

Picked up L.A. Noire and Metro 2033 with no problems. Only issue was the customer service. The lady was arguing with me that something went wrong and I should have not gotten Metro 2033 for free....In the end it all worked out, but employees really need to be better informed.

I can confirm...for some reason, Dragon Age Origins at 19.99 would not ring up for free....

Josh, if this gets resolved, how can I exchange this other game that I picked up for the Dragon Age game that I really want? I burned a $45 coupon, so that's why I don't think returning the whole transaction will work out :(

Deal worked fine for me got the game and Ninety-Nine Nights 2. Surprisingly the employee in electronics actually knew of the deal and let me know about it when I got the two games!

[quote name='cancerman1120']I try to not ask questions:) But I thought it was strange also. I was was just happy it worked and I paid nothing today.[/QUOTE]

i think maybe they counted the "regular" price as 19.99 or something.

I think I'll head out this afternoon for this deal. Just hope there's some good 19.99 games left.

This is not inspiring me to drive out to my kmart. It's close to work though so I may swing by on the way home. I'll keep checking this post for updates on how things are going :)

In the mean time, what games are looking good for

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']On Twitter Alan Wake was rung up free and it is $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, although I wish for your sake this deal had gone off 100% without a hitch.

I can confirm that the deal worked at my local Kmart in Clemmons, NC.
The games were in boxes at the electronics desk and I had to ask for LA Noire but he quickly saw that it was right in front of him. I got Naughty Bear which was 19.99 and rang up as free with LA Noire on the receipt and I got my $20 coupon as well. The associate had no idea of the deal but the computer took care of everything. Cant you guys maybe be prepared and show them the kmart blog site on you phone or take a print out of the webpage just in case it doesn't ring up correctly?

Success! Got there and LAN wasn't in the case. Asked about it and the fella grabbed it out of a box that was sitting in the locked mobile stocking cage. Also had him grab Metro 2033 for me (which was in the case and stickered at 59.99). Went to ring it up and Metro rang at 19.97 (yay) but he said it wasn't giving it to me for free. He was super awesome though and called around and got someone to check into. I showed him the circular with the blog site and he actually said, "Man, we're gonna get this figured out for you. We're here to make you happy."

Anyway, another worker verified from the website via their computer in the training room. He came out and rang it up, no problems. I think the first guy wasn't finalizing the transaction, second guy said it rang up just fine.

Anyway, a little run around but EVERYONE there was mega friendly and invested in getting it worked out for me. Kmart, Shelby NC for the win. Thanks Josh!

Edit: sorry, since it appears important here...metro rang at 19.97, not 19.99. Just wanted to correct that.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I think I might go give this a try... First time with KmartGamer thing. (I got my temp card with card number... Don't think I need anything else but do I?)[/QUOTE]I didn't go. Early reports came in and weren't good while I was getting dressed.

Oh well, my amazon copy will be here soon enough.

Tampa, Fl deal worked perfectly. Games were still in the back and had to ask for them. Picked up Pacific Rift to play with the girlfriend and got the $20 coupon. Thanks a lot Josh.

For the first time ever, I had an easy successful transaction at Kmart.

Picked up Metro 2033 + LA Noire. Metro rang up free. Total was $64.19. Used my $45 coupon to make it $16.04 out the door.

I was amazed that they actually had both games to be honest AND that the deal rang up without any issues.

[quote name='zebilmnc']I can confirm that the deal worked at my local Kmart in Clemmons, NC.
The games were in boxes at the electronics desk and I had to ask for LA Noire but he quickly saw that it was right in front of him. I got Naughty Bear which was 19.99 and rang up as free with LA Noire on the receipt and I got my $20 coupon as well. The associate had no idea of the deal but the computer took care of everything. Cant you guys maybe be prepared and show them the kmart blog site on you phone or take a print out of the webpage just in case it doesn't ring up correctly?[/QUOTE]
glad to see this worked in my part of the woods i will be there in about an hour

[quote name='GBAstar']Everything is good in Bangor, ME. Picked up two copies of LA Noire and used coupons on both. Paired the first game with HAWK (Headset incl.) and the second with SINGSTAR Vol. 2 for my girlfriend. Both free games ring up as... well... free.

Great deal regardless josh![/QUOTE]

Excellent, I would be going to Bangor, ME KMart.

You wouldn't happen to remember if you saw Enslaved, Metro 2033, or Singularity for Xbox 360 there would you?

[quote name='mtxbass1']For the first time ever, I had an easy successful transaction at Kmart.

Picked up Metro 2033 + LA Noire. Metro rang up free. Total was $64.19. Used my $45 coupon to make it $16.04 out the door.

I was amazed that they actually had both games to be honest AND that the deal rang up without any issues.[/QUOTE]
Yesssssssssssssss.Hallelujah chorus in the background.

It is funny (or sad) that I have been monitoring this thread even though my deal worked great. I am just rooting for an overall successful launch of this deal for Josh. It seems like things are turning around from early this morning.

[quote name='iso135']Excellent, I would be going to Bangor, ME KMart.

You wouldn't happen to remember if you saw Enslaved, Metro 2033, or Singularity for Xbox 360 there would you?[/QUOTE]

Honestly i don't know.. I was just looking for the old HALO LE. I don't use my 360 that much. I know I saw some RoFate and singularity games but I can't remember which system.

I do have a sealed copy of Ensalved for 360 if push comes to shove and you can't find anything you like. Their is a Simpons PS3 game that I was interested in but didn't feel the need to buy anymore copies of LA Noire

I hit the Kmart in Bear, DE with no luck, they didn't have the game out yet still. I traveled to College Square(newark, DE). They had it on the shelves and the cashier even knew about the deal and it didn't ring up properly but he gave me the game for free. There were a lot more $20 games in Bear though but I am happy with the deal I got. Plus another $20 coupon on top of that

Worked in SLC, Utah. Grabbed it and Folklore. Their selection of 19.99 games was pretty awful, but I only needed one! They also hadn't stocked it yet, but they went and grabbed it for me with no issue.

Overall sounding like things are going relatively well so far.

Whoever was asking about $20 games with good resale value, there's Orange Box for PS3 but good luck finding that and Fire Emblem Wii also resells pretty well. Metro 2033 you can probably get around $20 for also.

Other good games that people have mentioned are Enslaved and apparently Alan Wake. Haven't seen a copy of Alan Wake at my Kmart in quite awhile.

Deal worked fine for me.

The $19.99 selection was borderline insulting. Whatever game you had your heart set on getting, plan for it most definitely not being there.

Ended up finding Alan Wake (which I already own) but everything else was Barbie this, Backbreaker that.

I really wanted Metro 2033 or Resonance of Fate.

Metro 2033 wasn't worth the drive to the nearest store for me.

So I grabbed LA Noire and warhawk (headset) for ps3. And just because these can never go 100% smoothly for me my birthday coupon didn't work. Oh well... I'll be back :)

Wii Muramasa: The Demon Blade was $19.99 on the sticker and the employee tried numerous times to get it to come up free and it would not. So apparently some 19.99 titles will not do it. Also, in case it happens to someone else, if the employee messes up and forget to put in your phone number, then goes back and voids the games and tries it over again the discounted game WILL NOT reflect. You must ask the employee to clear out the transaction (a receipt would come out showing a $0 transaction), and then retry. Just a heads up.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yesssssssssssssss.Hallelujah chorus in the background.[/QUOTE]

Technically, mine didn't work. I bought LA Noire with NBA 2k10 (couldn't find much to get in terms of the free game) He got an override though, he knew about the deal, he stated that the PS3 version worked fine but the 360 version didn't, if that isn't odd I don't know.

Anyway, it was the Indiana, PA store with Mitch being the knowledgeable employee. So, due to him, it worked out!

Hopefully people will post their success stories as well, so it doesn't seem so lop sided, however, it does appear something ominous is happening!

No issues at the Provo, UT store. Got LA Noire plus GTA 4 (about time I got it). Used my $45 off coupon and got it all for $16 (plus the $20 off coupon). Awesome! Thanks Josh!

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Deal worked fine for me.

The $19.99 selection was borderline insulting. Whatever game you had your heart set on getting, plan for it most definitely not being there.

Ended up finding Alan Wake (which I already own) but everything else was Barbie this, Backbreaker that.

I really wanted Metro 2033 or Resonance of Fate.[/QUOTE]

These titles might have been in the case, that's the way it is at my store at least, they didn't have them marked down yet.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Metro 2033 wasn't worth the drive to the nearest store for me.

So I grabbed LA Noire and warhawk (headset) for ps3. And just because these can never go 100% smoothly for me my birthday coupon didn't work. Oh well... I'll be back :)[/QUOTE]

Damn Warhawk + headset? Lucky bastard. And dude above you with Folklore? I wanna play that so bad.

We had absolutely nothing at my K-mart. Some WWE Legends games, that weird Chaos game or whatever....only 1 copy of Alan Wake.

I was the only person in my KMART, store #4455 in Beaverton, Oregon. Vivian in the electronics section was very nice to me, but had no clue about the game. I even said, "It has a detective on it." She looked for it in the back, but couldn't find it. I showed it to her on the circular, and she eventually found it. Got Mario Strikers Charged for free. She said, "Wow! Good deal on that one."

However, while I just got an email from KMART with a digital receipt with my $20 coupon, I did NOT get a physical copy with my receipt. Is that normal?!?

Just left Harrison, TN Kmart. Deal for free game didn't work for me. Here's my receipt if anyone is interested. Major kudos to Josh for busting his ass on twitter to get info to me while I was standing in the store trying to figure out what was wrong.

KMART STORE 3408
4801 HIGHWAY 58
CHATTANOOGA TN 37416
(423)899-3232
** WELCOME TO YOUR **
** KMART STORE 3408 **
CASHIER: EDWARD
Shop Your Way Rewards XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

GENERAL MERCHANDISE
71042539803 LA NOIRE A 59.99 T
88537008525 ALANWAKE 360 19.99 T

**** TAX 7.40 BAL 87.38
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
VS APPROVAL XXXXXXX
VF VS 87.38
CHANGE .00

TOTAL NUMBER OF ITEMS = 2
CARDHOLDER ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF
GOODS AND/OR SERVICES TOTALING
$87.38
WITH AMOUNTS SHOWN CHARGED TO EACH
CREDIT CARD IDENTIFIED AND AGREES
TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS IN EACH
CARDHOLDER AGREEMENT(S) OF THOSE
CARDS.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']These titles might have been in the case, that's the way it is at my store at least, they didn't have them marked down yet.[/QUOTE]
Ya, I figured that too.

Didn't see anything...unless they were hidden behind the brand new games (which K-marts love to do).

All and all it's not a big deal. It is K-mart afterall, I wasn't expecting a nice spread of all the games qualifying for this deal.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I was the only person in my KMART. The older lady in the electronics section was very nice to me, but had no clue about the game. I even said, "It has a detective on it." She eventually found it. Got Mario Strikers Charged for free. She said, "Wow! Good deal on that one."

However, while I just got an email from KMART with a digital receipt with my $20 coupon, I did NOT get a physical copy with my receipt. Is that normal?!?[/QUOTE]
Nope. That really sucks too because they aren't going to take that digital coupon unless you really fight em for it.

Got LA Noire (PS3) + Metro 2033 + $20 coupon and used $59.99 in reward points. No $$ out of pocket. Thanks Josh for the great deal on what seems to be a great game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back