SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
The deal worked perfectly in Springfield, Missouri. Picked up Super Street Fighter IV for the free game, which rang up @ $19.99.

Had the game pre-ordered at GameStop, but a friend recently turned me on to this forum and the Kmartgamer blog. This will be my first stop checking out new games for sure now! Thanks!

#7402 Bloomington, IN

No issues picking up L.A. Noire and Create for PS3 for $64 out the door, coupon printed.

Now hopefully Brink will go on sale and I can use my coupon on that.

They'll take the e-mailed coupon just fine. Just print the whole thing so it has all the kmart shit around it if you're super worried (don't pretend it's a real receipt).

That is unless you frequent one of the awful kmarts people complain about on here. All the ones I've been to are kind and simply clueless or incompetent. I used a printed coupon today and the lady was fine with it.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Serious? It has a barcode. WTF?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK he's talking out of his ass. That *will* work, as it's entirely legitimate. He's just assuming the employees at your kmart are assholes/idiots.

Nintendo Selects - Unfortunately these will not be working today...I am going to submit them to IT today and confirm once they've loaded them.

$20 game free issues - the reason there may be some issues is for this promotion I literally had to compile a list of every UPC for every game we may own that is $19.99 or less. Unfortunately its very possible there are a very small portion that didn't report or are missing (I loaded over 2000 items). For example the Nintendo Selects didn't get put in because when I submitted the list a couple weeks ago we didn't own the games yet (nor had I ordered them) so they didn't pull. I apologize and Josh and I will try to get everything corrected that we can.

Went to KMart in Winchester, KY is morning at 8:30 before work. Had to wait for someone to come to electronics but wasn't a big deal as I was looking through the 19.99 and under games to go with my L.A. Noire purchase. When the woman working electronics came to help I was told that the truck with L.A. Noire had not come in yet. I asked if at was normal, and was told that it wasn't. When I asked when they were expecting to receive L.A. Noire she replied "hopefully today" but she wasn't sure.

Proceeded to drive to Lexington, KY, but called first so as to not waste the time or gas, and was told by the woman working in electronics that yes L.A. noire was in stock. Mary
at Store # 4232 was EXTREMELY helpful and knowledgeable about the SYWR points and coupons and told me that she was glad the coupons were able to be brought back because they were "great deals for you guys". I decided to go ahead and get Tomb Raider Trilogy and Sims Medieval for my girlfriend because good customer service should be rewarded (and also Josh continues to run fantastic deals).

Just called the Wnchester, KY store # 9749, and was told over the phone that the games were on site but hadn't been "entered in" and that I would need to check back after 1 PM.

Not to put too fine a point on it but I live 5 minutes from the Winchester location and about 25 from the Lexington location. Very frustrating and unnecessary.

As far as the deal went, I got my FREE GAME wLA NOIRE (Resonance of Fate) on my receipt from the great Lexington experience, and my two $15 coupons and 28.18 dollars in points were deducted with no problems. The two experiences were totally different, so a fair warning to any central Kentuckians.

Thanks for the incredible deals Josh!

Thanks again Josh for calling up my store and getting them to find LA Noire. I picked it up with Metro 2033 being my free game. I gave them about 15 minutes after you posted that you calling before I walked back in there. As I was walking up to the electronics counter, the lady in electronics had her back to me and was talking on the phone. I'm not sure who she was talking to, but she said "if your friend is still walking around in the store, tell him I found that DAMN game!" As soon as she hung the phone up, I walked up to the counter and pretended like I didn't hear her say that. She wasn't hateful to me or anything, but I'm pretty sure she knew I heard what she had said on the phone.

Anyway, I have to work until 8 PM next week and I'll be heading out to that store to pick up Dirt 3. Hopefully everything will go better on that day! Thanks once again Josh, you were a huge help today whenever I felt totally helpless!

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I was the only person in my KMART. The older lady in the electronics section was very nice to me, but had no clue about the game. I even said, "It has a detective on it." She eventually found it. Got Mario Strikers Charged for free. She said, "Wow! Good deal on that one."

However, while I just got an email from KMART with a digital receipt with my $20 coupon, I did NOT get a physical copy with my receipt. Is that normal?!?[/QUOTE]

You can opt out of getting physical reciepts and get them via email. I get both because I like to kill trees.

[quote name='fujimitsu']They'll take the e-mailed coupon just fine. Just print the whole thing so it has all the kmart shit around it if you're super worried (don't pretend it's a real receipt).

That is unless you frequent one of the awful kmarts people complain about on here. All the ones I've been to are kind and simply clueless or incompetent. I used a printed coupon today and the lady was fine with it.

AFAIK he's talking out of his ass. That *will* work, as it's entirely legitimate. He's just assuming the employees at your kmart are assholes/idiots.[/QUOTE]
No, no I'm not.

Printed out coupons have ALWAYS had problems. How do you think people scammed the system before it was changed?

Deal worked perfectly at St. Clairsville, OH store. Got Alpha Protocol (still stickered at $59.99) for free, and $20 coupon printed. Pretty good selection of games under $20 at this location.

[quote name='fujimitsu']They'll take the e-mailed coupon just fine. Just print the whole thing so it has all the kmart shit around it if you're super worried (don't pretend it's a real receipt).

AFAIK he's talking out of his ass. That *will* work, as it's entirely legitimate. He's just assuming the employees at your kmart are assholes/idiots.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I figured as such. Seems beyond ridiculous to email SYWR members receipts with barcodes, and then for those NOT to be legit. Not sure why I didn't get the physical coupon, but I was like inches from the register as she rang everything up, so I would have seen it. I'm just glad the deal all went down well, minus that ONE minor hitch. I was there at 8:05 a.m., and never saw another customer in electronics.

Just got back from the KMart in Douglasville, GA and it worked fine. Got LA Noire (360), Plants vs. Zombies ($19.99) and $20 coupon for $64

Just visited store #4729 North Ashland Av in Chicago. The young girl that helped me, Kasia, was very nice and helpful. LAN was not in the display case, but she was in the process of sticking the prices on them. She was informed, too. She told me about the deal, and had the email/printout of the deal next to her. She told me she goes to school so today was her first day back in months. She said she had a lot to do, but she was very nice considering she was trying to do all her work while helping everyone. I had the $45/$15 gaming coupons so I picked up Dark Star One and Singularity to go with LAN (all for Xbox) and got another coupon without a hitch. Thanks!

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Thanks again Josh for calling up my store and getting them to find LA Noire. I picked it up with Metro 2033 being my free game. I gave them about 15 minutes after you posted that you calling before I walked back in there. As I was walking up to the electronics counter, the lady in electronics had her back to me and was talking on the phone. I'm not sure who she was talking to, but she said "if your friend is still walking around in the store, tell him I found that DAMN game!" As soon as she hung the phone up, I walked up to the counter and pretended like I didn't hear her say that. She wasn't hateful to me or anything, but I'm pretty sure she knew I heard what she had said on the phone.

Anyway, I have to work until 8 PM next week and I'll be heading out to that store to pick up Dirt 3. Hopefully everything will go better on that day! Thanks once again Josh, you were a huge help today whenever I felt totally helpless![/QUOTE]

I hope she wasn't talking to Josh.. or she's going down. :censored:

[quote name='FINALBOSS']No, no I'm not.

Printed out coupons have ALWAYS had problems. How do you think people scammed the system before it was changed?[/QUOTE]

Did the coupons have bar codes previously? It would seem they could just link that right to your SYWR account to make sure it was legit? Again, I'm not worried. I'm confident Josh will take care of things if it doesn't work out.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']$20 game free issues - the reason there may be some issues is for this promotion I literally had to compile a list of every UPC for every game we may own that is $19.99 or less. Unfortunately its very possible there are a very small portion that didn't report or are missing (I loaded over 2000 items). For example the Nintendo Selects didn't get put in because when I submitted the list a couple weeks ago we didn't own the games yet (nor had I ordered them) so they didn't pull. I apologize and Josh and I will try to get everything corrected that we can.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I hate that you had to code it for each title specifically. Wow, that is one massive task, I do not envy you at all.

Printed out coupons have ALWAYS had problems. How do you think people scammed the system before it was changed?[/QUOTE]
The coupons are barcoded, one use only. Were they not before? (Honest question, I wasn't around for the earlier coupons)

But it's a valid coupon provided by kmart. So the only way it won't work is if the employees at his kmart are horrible. Which is what I said. There's no reason that they won't accept it other than incompetence, and while I understand that's rampant at some kmarts it's likely to simply just work. At most an email to josh or a few seconds explaining the situation to a manager is likely to rectify the issue.

Forgot to mention earlier that I was surprised that the store had someone working the register in electronics and he had a printout if the LA Noire deal information so he knew how it was supposed to work. When the deal didn't work initially, he noticed it and called for a manager to help. Definitely much better service than I've come to expect when I go to K-Mart.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Did the coupons have bar codes previously? It would seem they could just link that right to your SYWR account to make sure it was legit? Again, I'm not worried. I'm confident Josh will take care of things if it doesn't work out.[/QUOTE]

My understanding was they were one time use, so if you used the one printed at the receipt, it would invalidate the digital one as they have the same info? But I'm not sure, just seems logical (I know, I know.)

[quote name='fujimitsu']But it's a valid coupon provided by kmart. So the only way it won't work is if the employees at his kmart are horrible. Which is what I said. There's no reason that they won't accept it other than incompetence, and while I understand that's rampant at some kmarts it's likely to simply just work. At most an email to josh or a few seconds explaining the situation to a manager is likely to rectify the issue.[/QUOTE]
The old coupons had barcodes too... what's your point?

It's still a printed out coupon, and during that time, K-Marts got a memo not to accept printed receipts because of all the scamming going on.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']$20 game free issues - the reason there may be some issues is for this promotion I literally had to compile a list of every UPC for every game we may own that is $19.99 or less. Unfortunately its very possible there are a very small portion that didn't report or are missing (I loaded over 2000 items). For example the Nintendo Selects didn't get put in because when I submitted the list a couple weeks ago we didn't own the games yet (nor had I ordered them) so they didn't pull. I apologize and Josh and I will try to get everything corrected that we can.[/QUOTE]
So maybe we can get a list of games not working and post UPCs and get it fixed?

Josh, at the west lebanon , new hampshire kmart now. Dave the manager tells me they have no LA noires.
I know this is garbage, because the games are never put out here.
I know you are busy, any chance I can get help?

I got the trade 2 for $50 preorder at Gamestop ready if you can't, but I wanna buy here.

Thanks.

[quote name='The_ZZ']I hope she wasn't talking to Josh.. or she's going down. :censored:[/QUOTE]

I've been working in retail for 8 years now, and I couldn't believe she actually said that out loud where a customer (me) could hear it. I'm just glad I was able to get the deal, and it didn't turn into an all day thing.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I've been working in retail for 8 years now, and I couldn't believe she actually said that out loud where a customer (me) could hear it. I'm just glad I was able to get the deal, and it didn't turn into an all day thing.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, nothing surprises me at this point.

[quote name='donbaloo']Success! Got there and LAN wasn't in the case. Asked about it and the fella grabbed it out of a box that was sitting in the locked mobile stocking cage. Also had him grab Metro 2033 for me (which was in the case and stickered at 59.99). Went to ring it up and Metro rang at 19.97 (yay) but he said it wasn't giving it to me for free. He was super awesome though and called around and got someone to check into. I showed him the circular with the blog site and he actually said, "Man, we're gonna get this figured out for you. We're here to make you happy."

Anyway, another worker verified from the website via their computer in the training room. He came out and rang it up, no problems. I think the first guy wasn't finalizing the transaction, second guy said it rang up just fine.

Anyway, a little run around but EVERYONE there was mega friendly and invested in getting it worked out for me. Kmart, Shelby NC for the win. Thanks Josh!

Edit: sorry, since it appears important here...metro rang at 19.97, not 19.99. Just wanted to correct that.[/QUOTE]

I picked up my copy of LA Noire at the Shelby K-Mart as well! I had a good experience since I got my free $20 game and $20 gaming coupon with no trouble at all.

Coupon printed ok here (PITTSBURGH, PA) but wasn't able to get a free $19.99 game claiming they didn't know about any other special. Guess I'll have to email you again Josh. So sorry about that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OnettHero']Josh, at the west lebanon , new hampshire kmart now. Dave the manager tells me they have no LA noires.
I know this is garbage, because the games are never put out here.
I know you are busy, any chance I can get help?

I got the trade 2 for $50 preorder at Gamestop ready if you can't, but I wanna buy here.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
On it!

[quote name='ldsdrive']Coupon printed ok here (New Kensington, PA) but wasn't able to get a free $19.99 game claiming they didn't know about any other special. Guess I'll have to email you again Josh. So sorry about that!!![/QUOTE]

Did you have them ring it up, finalize, and not get the 19.99 discounted? Or did you just ask them?

I just tried this at my Fenton, MI Kmart and got shut down. LA Noire only was found after 30 minutes and when I attempted to ring this deal up the free game never dropped off. Also, Singularity was 39.99 and even when shown on my iphone they said "Not available yet, possibly this weekend?"

a gallon of gas and 2 hours or so later and I'm back to square one.

I tried!

Could someone clarify how your phone number comes into play here? I see posts where people say if your phone number is not entered, it will not work.

[quote name='caponesgun']I just tried this at my Fenton, MI Kmart and got shut down. LA Noire only was found after 30 minutes and when I attempted to ring this deal up the free game never dropped off. Also, Singularity was 39.99 and even when shown on my iphone they said "Not available yet, possibly this weekend?"

a gallon of gas and 2 hours or so later and I'm back to square one.

I tried![/QUOTE]
What game did you try at first?

Singularity may have been marked at $40 but it should have been free if you had actually gone through with it.

Got LAN at a Baltimore, MD store. They didnt have metro 2033 so I got the Wii select zelda game. The clerk and the manager knew about the deal so the manager did an override on the price since zelda didnt ring up free. The $20 coupon printed out just fine as well.

Thanks Josh.
I don't know if it was your phone call or my polite insistence but the games were finally found.

Edit.
God bless joyce ,lol, the electronics lead probably can't tell the difference between donkey kong and mario but shed triies so hard and I appreciate it.

Thanks again josh, I truly appreciate what you do. Me and the girlfriend will have a drink in your honor when we pop the game in tonight.

all deals surrounding LA Noire worked for me...there wasnt much of a choice in Etown KY so i went with Metal Slug Anthology for Wii...im a PS3 guy but the only choice for under 20$ was a star wars game or sing star :(

no copies out for either system at the closest K-mart. i just got out of work, but there was no one to ask for help so i said screw it.

Worked a-okay for me Josh here in Greensboro, NC... the first deal I've had without a hitch!

Got LA Noire + Metro 2033 and paid nothing due to accrued points and coupons!

[quote name='ShockandAww']What game did you try at first?

Singularity may have been marked at $40 but it should have been free if you had actually gone through with it.[/QUOTE]

Singularity was the game I tried with it ;) I got all the way to the payment screen before pulling the plug as I didn't want to pay it if I couldn't fix it w/o a complete return and rebuy. I even tried a random wii game MARKED 19.99 and still a 80 dollar total after tax for payment.

[quote name='JCNY23']no copies out for either system at the closest K-mart. i just got out of work, but there was no one to ask for help so i said screw it.[/QUOTE]

did u go to the customer service desk and ask for someone? or was there no one there too?

[quote name='caponesgun']Singularity was the game I tried with it ;) I got all the way to the payment screen before pulling the plug as I didn't want to pay it if I couldn't fix it w/o a complete return and rebuy. I even tried a random wii game MARKED 19.99 and still a 80 dollar total after tax for payment.[/QUOTE]

u got to the payment screen and it was still marked 39.99? i think u can email josh if u bought la noire

[quote name='caponesgun']Singularity was the game I tried with it ;) I got all the way to the payment screen before pulling the plug as I didn't want to pay it if I couldn't fix it w/o a complete return and rebuy. I even tried a random wii game MARKED 19.99 and still a 80 dollar total after tax for payment.[/QUOTE]
Oh...:dunce:

[quote name='flix1']Could someone clarify how your phone number comes into play here? I see posts where people say if your phone number is not entered, it will not work.[/QUOTE]

Your phone number is what you tell the cashier to bring up your SYWR account, which qualifies you for the deal. If you have a SYWR card, then you just use that.

A-OK on the deal in D.Bar, CA. Thanks Josh:applause:

Grabbed L.A. On the PS3 and Metro 2033 on the 360. Metro was free, used my $45 coupon and got the $20 coupon so total out of pocket cost was $16.xx

First free game choice was Res. Of Fate and I saw three copies on Sunday, but they were all gone when I went this morning.

Now Josh, what's it going to take to convince you to carry EDF?

I just skimmed this thread because of information overload, and I didn't find my question answered in the last couple pages.

The closet Kmart is 60 miles away, so I won't be driving there. Is the $20 gaming coupon in-store only? Based on what I read, I was under the impression that the coupon was for any purchase (online or in-store) but that the free game was in-store only. If someone could clarify this before I make a purchase, that'd be swell. Even though Jim's a great guy to deal with, I'd rather not have to email back and forth post-purchase if possible.

Thanks for not reaming me for my ignorance, guys.

Went to the Jonesboro, GA store and the regular girl was there. Thankfully, she always has everything ready to go whenever the store opens so they had plenty of L.A. Noire copies and surprisingly had a bunch of clearance games out on the shelves to pick through. Got both L.A. Noire and Splinter Cell: Conviction for $64 along with the coupon. Great, great deal.

Thanks again, Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back