SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NoMeDigas']Your phone number is what you tell the cashier to bring up your SYWR account, which qualifies you for the deal. If you have a SYWR card, then you just use that.[/QUOTE]
Great! Thanks for the feedback.

Decided to burn one of my $45's on clearance titles, instead of risking the LA Noire deal. This store did have the clearance prices updated, at least, so I walked out w/ 3 copies of Pokemon Battle Revolution for $0 with my $45 coupon and some SYWR points I had accrued.

I'm happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not get this deal to work. Was about to buy LA Noire and Armored Core 4, unfortunatelythe deal would not ring up at all, came out to 86.xx after tax.

I also wanted to use a gaming coupon ($15) from my previous transaction, but they claimed I could not use it because it's a "sale on another sale." Funny thing is, the deal still didn't show up without the coupon in the picture...

Are gaming coupons not valid for these deals?

This is the third time I've had trouble, especially when coupons were involved. And yes, I presented my SYWR card.

Josh, what should I do?

Just got back from Kmart and it all went very, very well. It's the Kmart I don't go to as often, so it's been a while since I was there, but it was even better than my normal one. I paged a person to electronics, and pointed out the three games I wanted. He asked me if I was a SYWR member, and when I said yes, he said, "Great, so you'll get that bonus coupon then. And this 'Fate' game should be free since it's on clearance for $20 now."

:hot:

So I did two transactions to be safe, one for Resonance of Fate and LA Noire, and one for Shift 2. The LA Noire deal went perfectly, and I got to update my email (even though it shows up fine online, it must have been borked in the system somehow, and previous cashiers never mentioned this prompt to me. Maybe SYWR bonus deals will work now?) Used my $45 coupon to knock it down to about $15 and tax ("Got any more coupons? I may have to start giving you money if you do!") and the coupon printed. Rang up Shift 2 and used my $15 coupon on that, and went off on my merry.

It's one of the few times an employee knew of the deals, and the only time one proactively mentioned signing up for SYWR it in case I wasn't eligible so I could partake. Progress, it is ever so glorious. :bouncy:

First things first, i would like to say, Josh, you are doing an awesome job. The deals that you put out each week are awesome. I have been following CAG for about a year and ever since then I rarely, if ever, buy video games anywhere except KMART because of these deals.

That being said...

I went to KMART Winchester, KY around 9-ish. Walked to the electronic section to see which 19.99 game i wanted to pair with L.A. Noire. After coming to the section, I realized that they had set out a large number of games on a display, labeled 19.99. I picked out one to buy and then looked in the case for LAN. It wasn't there, but because I go so early, I dont find this a problem. They usually have them close by, so, as usual I walk to the clerk and ask if they had it in yet. I was overly excited to see that this was going to be an easy transaction, which doesn't always come easy when you have coupons. I have never really had any problems actually getting the game when I show up, even if it isn't in the case yet, the times that it has happened. This time was different. She tells me that the truck was apparently running late and that they didn't have it in yet. I asked if there was a timetable to expect a return and was told "noon-ish". I was looking forward to the game, but things happen and decided to go back to my house.

Around 12:15 I called again to ask if any thing had been figured out about the truck that never showed with LAN on it. She said "one moment, Ill ask"...when she returned to the phone she said that I should check back again by 1:30. I called a buddy of mine, who was going for the same deal, and he said he had the same problem, but heard a slightly different story (which is the only part that truly upsets me), and that he decided to go to the next closest KMART to us. Now, I am at the decision of, do I wait it out for my store to get the game and take the chance of being told that it was delayed yet again, or drive the extra 30 miles, where the alternate KMARTs can guarantee that they have it.

Thanks again for listening and all the awesome deals Josh, and keep up the extraordinary work on helping the people that use the deals you make for us.

[quote name='option.iv']Could not get this deal to work. Was about to buy LA Noire and Armored Core 4, unfortunatelythe deal would not ring up at all, came out to 86.xx after tax.

I also wanted to use a gaming coupon ($15) from my previous transaction, but they claimed I could not use it because it's a "sale on another sale." Funny thing is, the deal still didn't show up without the coupon in the picture...

Are gaming coupons not valid for these deals?

This is the third time I've had trouble, especially when coupons were involved. And yes, I presented my SYWR card.

Josh, what should I do?[/QUOTE]

email josh lol, but u should've been able to use it, since its not a "sale on a sale" its a coupon on a deal, pretty sure this isnt a sale, and others have used coupons no problem - u should just email josh the place and the issue when these things happen and he'll help u make sure it doesnt happen again

awww yeah, came back from kenosha, wi kmart with la noire, free alan wake, and 20 gaming coupon! Alan wake was still sticker priced at 29.99 but got a price check and it rang up at 19.99. Had to wait a while just for the cashier to get an override code, and had to remind her of the deal. But overall it was pretty smooth, she remember the deal the second i said something about it. So overall my first kmart gaming experience was great!

got LA Noire + resonance of fate (360) + Zelda TTP (original label) + 20 Coupon. Used 45 and 15 coupon. RoF was free

Wanted RoF (PS3) or Tales of Vesperia but did not have either at this location.

Think I can exchange RoF at another location, even though it was free?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']email josh lol, but u should've been able to use it, since its not a "sale on a sale" its a coupon on a deal, pretty sure this isnt a sale, and others have used coupons no problem - u should just email josh the place and the issue when these things happen and he'll help u make sure it doesnt happen again[/QUOTE]
Alright, thanks, will do.

Good Afternoon, hope everyone is enjoying L.A Noire. I bought L.A Noire at Kmart, so I have a quick question: if I return the game, unopened and sealed, would I be able to get a full refund yet keep the $20 coupon and the free game? - Thank you for your time.

For those having problems getting the deal to work, hopefully this will be the answer as to why:

I just got back from the Wilmington, NC store and after about 20 minutes I and the associates helping me figured out why the deal was not working: clearance games (yellow 'Reduced Price' stickers) do not work. Only normally priced games will trigger the deal in the computer. We tried both R-Type Command (PSP) and Bayonetta (360), two clearance titles, with no luck. Then we tried Mass Effect 2 (360) and Enslaved (360), both normal white stickers priced at $19.99, and they worked. So I left with L.A. Noire and Enslaved.

So, long story short: apparently clearance titles are not valid for this deal. Maybe some stores are different, but I'm willing to wager that at least some of the folks who are having trouble here have been trying it with clearance titles.

[quote name='caponesgun']I just tried this at my Fenton, MI Kmart and got shut down. LA Noire only was found after 30 minutes and when I attempted to ring this deal up the free game never dropped off. Also, Singularity was 39.99 and even when shown on my iphone they said "Not available yet, possibly this weekend?"

a gallon of gas and 2 hours or so later and I'm back to square one.

I tried![/QUOTE]
Not acceptable, please provide me the details via email. I hate hearing this type of thing.

[quote name='nixmahn']got LA Noire + resonance of fate (360) + Zelda TTP (original label) + 20 Coupon. Used 45 and 15 coupon. RoF was free

Wanted RoF (PS3) or Tales of Vesperia but did not have either at this location.

Think I can exchange RoF at another location, even though it was free?[/QUOTE]
Probably depending on who helps you. Was Zelda TP original label $20 or still $50?

[quote name='confoosious']Did you have them ring it up, finalize, and not get the 19.99 discounted? Or did you just ask them?[/QUOTE]

No I just asked and she looked that ad and didn't find the deal. Now I realize I should have done the opposite. :drool:

[quote name='ShockandAww']So maybe we can get a list of games not working and post UPCs and get it fixed?[/QUOTE]

Wish I could, if I had that list we wouldn't have issues right now...it's kind of just as I'm finding them. Notable ones though are the 4 Nintendo Selects, Alan Wake (was price protected to $19.99 between when I submitted the list and now), Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Dragon Age Origins, Nier.

[quote name='x ECKS x']Good Afternoon, hope everyone is enjoying L.A Noire. I bought L.A Noire at Kmart, so I have a quick question: if I return the game, unopened and sealed, would I be able to get a full refund yet keep the $20 coupon and the free game? - Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]
No, you will not.

Checked the coupon FAQ but didn't see the answer for this. So I have this 20 dollar Gaming Coupon now. I understand that (once it's activated next Sunday) I can't use it to just buy another $19.xx game because the total is less than the coupon. So does the filler item have to also be a gaming product or does the gum work? I know gum has worked for folks in the past but I don't know if those were specifically gaming coupons being used or general coupons. Any help?

Got Alan Wake for free and 20$ coup! Ran into a bit of a snag as the free game didn't ring up automatically, so Greg had to override it. Yay!

Deal worked for me in Sumter, SC. Got LA Noire, Resonance of Fate, and a 1600 point MS card for $21 after using my $45 and $15 coupons. Both games for free. My $20 coupon printed out.Excellent deal. As always, thanks for the deals Josh.

I got lan and metro, 15.xx with the $45 coupon, everything worked fine, only cause the guy ahead of me knew about the deal and had the guy on the phone figuring it out. Given the guys wait while I searched for a game I'd say they rebooted the register, which, outside of the select games, is most likely the reason people are having problems.

[quote name='GreyFox787']For those having problems getting the deal to work, hopefully this will be the answer as to why:

I just got back from the Wilmington, NC store and after about 20 minutes I and the associates helping me figured out why the deal was not working: clearance games (yellow 'Reduced Price' stickers) do not work. Only normally priced games will trigger the deal in the computer. We tried both R-Type Command (PSP) and Bayonetta (360), two clearance titles, with no luck. Then we tried Mass Effect 2 (360) and Enslaved (360), both normal white stickers priced at $19.99, and they worked. So I left with L.A. Noire and Enslaved.

So, long story short: apparently clearance titles are not valid for this deal. Maybe some stores are different, but I'm willing to wager that at least some of the folks who are having trouble here have been trying it with clearance titles.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I had the other experience. I tried LAN with Enslaved (360) and it would not work. Ended up buying Enslaved anyway, but hope I can get it resolved without going back.

This is the first time a deal has not worked for me at my local KMart. They were as nice as they could be, but had no clue how to resolve the problem. I had to get back to work and did not have time to wait on them for a resolution.

[quote name='GreyFox787']For those having problems getting the deal to work, hopefully this will be the answer as to why:

So, long story short: apparently clearance titles are not valid for this deal. Maybe some stores are different, but I'm willing to wager that at least some of the folks who are having trouble here have been trying it with clearance titles.[/QUOTE]
That might explain why the deal wouldn't work with armored core 4...

19.97 ARMORED CORE 4 PS3 PTH69008 0001008669008-8

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Wish I could, if I had that list we wouldn't have issues right now...it's kind of just as I'm finding them. Notable ones though are the 4 Nintendo Selects, Alan Wake (was price protected to $19.99 between when I submitted the list and now), Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Dragon Age Origins, Nier.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that sucks. Thats basically what I meant though. People can report what isnt working and we can get the UPCs and then it could be fixed.

For example a couple people have said Monster Hunter Tri isnt working. UPC is [FONT=&quot]013388350117

[/FONT][quote name='nixmahn']19.99[/QUOTE]
Nice. Thanks.

picked up L.A. Noire and Metro 2033 for $32.26!!! Used $10 of SYWR points and had a $20 gift card...great deal!!! It's too bad my closest store closed and I wont be able to get on these deals as much :(

Got the deal without any issues at my store. The sales associate who is really good was working this morning and I was so glad to see her there because everything is always so pain-free when she is around.

Everything ran up correctly coupon worked and free game was deducted properly. However the free game did ring up 19.97 instead of 19.99, so I'm not sure what the deal with that was. At least it worked.

Deal was so good I managed to convince my friend to buy his copy at Kmart also. Might go up there with him later on the off chance a different employee is working to tackle any issues. I doubt he will have any though.

[quote name='x ECKS x']Good Afternoon, hope everyone is enjoying L.A Noire. I bought L.A Noire at Kmart, so I have a quick question: if I return the game, unopened and sealed, would I be able to get a full refund yet keep the $20 coupon and the free game? - Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

You're fuckn with us right?

They could not figure out how to ring it up, so they ended up giving me a giftcard to pay for the second game (Alan Wake), and I got the $20 coupon too. It ended up taking 40 min, but I realize they were not prepared, so I was willing to cut them a break. They didn't even know about the kmartgamer website, so thankfully I could show them the deal on my ipod.

Persistence is the key to success for this deal.

Just got back from the Webster, MA store (#9692). After a 40 minute roundtrip drive and 30 minutes while they looked around, they assured me they did NOT have LA Noire in stock. I burned my $60 in coupons on PSN cards since they're about to expire. I think I'm done with Kmart at this point. Nearest store is too far away and I'm rarely successful at getting what I set out for.

My kmart had plenty of copies in stock. I wanted Bayonetta (clearance $19.99) as my free game and it did not ring up as free. I told the cashier about the deal and he called a manager. Neither had heard about Kmartgamer.com and I told them about it, the manager came back with the printed out page from the website and just manually voided Bayonetta.

The gaming coupon printed, but they said if it didn't print they would just give me a $20 gift card. They were very helpful and the whole ordeal only took 10-15 minutes max. Now put Moral Kombat back on sale so I can grab it super cheap!

Are you serious? Wow.

Hey, just wanted to chime in here with some hopefully helpful info on the snag people are seeing.

Both me and a co worker successfully purchased our copies.
coworker: 360 noir+mercenaries 2+ 20 dollar coupon
He had just walked in and signed up, had to get an override by the manager to get the free game to go through.
myself: ps3 noir+dante's inferno+ 20 dollar coupon
I had no trouble with the products ringing up, and i signed up yesterday for the rewards membership (sometime in the afternoon).

could possibly be when you signed up that's causing the snag in the free game, however i haven't gotten to see most of the recent posts on their success/fail stories.

hope this helps!

Deal worked perfectly for me, got L.A. Noire with Wario Land: Shake It for free and the $20 coupon printed fine. I used a $45 coupon and the employee seemed surprised at my total, in a good way though, like he was happy for me, not like I was scamming them or anything.

One thing I thought was weird was that the new standalone version of Wii Sports was out on the clearance table, while the other Nintendo Selects were locked up in the case. Wario Land and some other Wii games I know to be priced at $19.97 were also still locked up, but that's not a huge deal.

Now I just need to know the deal on Ocarina of Time 3D and I'll be happy :)

Yes! Of course, you will be able to keep the $20 coupon and free game. Duh, silly :) Protip: Buy multiple copies of LA Noire in the electronics section, then do all the returns on your way out of the store. After you're done, with the free games, you will have a sizable collection, and a ton of $20 coupons, in no time! Bring an extra bag, you'll need it to store your loot. Good luck.

This is not the case, as the game I picked up for free was Resonance of Fate, which is a $19.97 clearance game.
This seems pretty appropriate:
HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No, you will not.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='x ECKS x']ah ok, thanks for the quick reply :)[/QUOTE]
^ Ecks vs. SHC-Gamer

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']This is not the case, as the game I picked up for free was Resonance of Fate, which is a $19.97 clearance game.[/QUOTE]

As I said, other stores might be different, but it is the case with my store, and likely some others as well.

It'd make you a douche for trying.

[quote name='ldsdrive']No I just asked and she looked that ad and didn't find the deal. Now I realize I should have done the opposite. :drool:[/QUOTE]

The deal isn't in the ad. It's only on KMARTGamer.com. If it were in the circular, everyone and their dog would have gone to KMART. I prefer this way much better! :D

[quote name='sadboy']^ Ecks vs. SHC-Gamer[/QUOTE]
"Starring Antonio Banderas as Josh, a mild-mannered buyer with a dangerous taste for mayhem and savings."

Michael Bay's producing, so at least we know we can expect Josh to blow away the competition with explosives and slow motion.

Just wanted to let you know that everything went perfect at the kmart in Dayton, Ohio. I was able to get everything I was looking for, and I was completely prepared to have some snag that usually seems to happen. Was able to get LA Noire with free game Lost Oddysey and The Witcher 2 with the $20 and $15 gaming coupons for next time all for $97 after using a $20 GC you guys sent me from last time. Seriously love you guys and your customer service, you made my day.

As for the games, I left the store with a hefty feeling bag, LA Noire 3 disc, Lost Oddysey 4 discs!, and the Witcher 2 was on 2 discs but it also came with a soundtrack, bonus dvd, and a nice looking guide, some really nice packaging. So yea...I have a lot to game.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']The deal isn't in the ad. It's only on KMARTGamer.com. If it were in the circular, everyone and their dog would have gone to KMART. I prefer this way much better! :D[/QUOTE]
For the most part, the circular does not allow for much creativity or explanation. Since it is set so far in advance any competitive reaction is diminished completely. KmartGamer.com will turn into something special. First major site update will actually be in June. Just a few weeks away.

My wife went to get the deal for me at the Coon Rapids, MN KMart and they told her that none of the clearance games 19.99 and under would work for the deal, which limited the already limited selection.

Had a great experience at my Kmart. (Bohemia, NY Store #3862) I ran there during my lunch break, price reduced games were organized very nicely on the shelves, some price stickers were wrong but I assume because the price drops are new it will take a little time to fix that. I grabbed Tales of Vesparia, went to the counter got my copy of L.A. Noire. The girl mentioned the Kmart Blog deal and made sure everything rang up correctly and gave me my coupon. It couldn't of went better. Thanks Josh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back