SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh, for the first time my K-Mart has let me down. The kid working there said they didn't have LA Noire in stock. I told him that they did but he was adamant that they didn't. Funny thing is that he was a younger guy that said he was a gamer and he was looking forward to the game and that "he couldn't believe" they didn't get it. Since this is my first bad experience I'm not familiar with the process. Do I need to email you about this or do you or Stockboy just call them and let them know that they need to get this out? How will I know when they find it and/or decide to put it out? It's not urgent or anything but I don't want to keep wasting trips over there until I know it's on the shelf. Store 4084 Lynchburg, VA 434-239-2681 Thanks again for all that you do.

[quote name='Miro']Yes, but as stock-boy mentioned, not all 19.99 or below titles were made accessible for the deal. I've been monitoring the reports of success and neither game has been mentioned.[/QUOTE]

There was nothing that stated that which muddles this deal. So that is based only by a stockboy and nothing official. It said ALL titles 19.99 and less. The sales guy asked me if there was only certain games and I told him what I read and he said he read the same thing but was curious why the register didn't take it that way.

[quote name='caponesgun']If it doesn't work, pay anyway and email your receipt to Josh and it will be corrected eventually and quickly.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that "eventually" and "quickly" are basically antonyms, right? ;)

[quote name='Scarlet H']Got our copy of LA Noir today. Management was unaware of the deal (or what the game was called... He called the game "Lanore" LoL)...[/QUOTE]
Pronounced like "Lenore" from Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven"? Hilarious!!

From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore

I told the older lady working at my KMART electronics section, "It's called: 'L.A. Noire.' It has a detective on it.... wearing a 1940s-era suit and hat." She nodded her head and went off to look for it. She had to look at the picture in the circular... but she eventually found it.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']You do realize that "eventually" and "quickly" are basically antonyms, right? ;)
.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I was countering any potential "But that will take weeks for reimbursement!"...

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']Hey SHC Gamer, Just left Kmart store 7317 in New Albany Indiana. Talked to two Employees and none of them knew anything about the deal. Worse yet LA Noire wasn't even stocked when I walked in around noon. One of the workers went to the back and cashed me out. I recieved the game and a 20 dollar game credit but they couldn't get the 19.99 and under game to come out free for me.[/QUOTE]

Ah hell no someone else that goes to the Grant Line store. I have had some problems with that store also. It is kind of hit or miss depending on if they know about deals and if the stuff is instock .

Really tempted to go and pick up LA Noire but I just have such a large backlog as it is. I really do not need to add two more games when I already have Fallout New Vegas, Two Worlds 2, Portal 2 co-op, Bioshock 2, and SOCOM to play.

[quote name='davidb69']So that is based only by a stockboy and nothing official. It said ALL titles 19.99 and less.[/QUOTE]

Um, not "a stockboy" rather "THE stock-boy." ;)

[quote name='lardhead64']My brother just called me and said that the employees had no idea about the deal and said they thought it was just for the game coupon and you could use that to get the game (he even showed them the kmartgamer.com website). He tried to have them ring up Alan Wake but it did not work (coupon printed). The employees are terrible at the logan, ut #7423 store. They are never around to help and have no idea about these deals.[/QUOTE]

For what it is worth you DO live in Logan, UT....Go UTES!!!!

I Kid I Kid....:)

My Kmart had it in stock, and was aware of the special promotion. I was impressed. I wanted Halo ODST for my freebie, but unfortunately, they no longer carried it. I settled on Dead Space instead. Free game rang up as "LA Noire free game", and $20 coupon printed off. Overall decent experience. It looked like they had a fax printout of the special, so it appears that corporate informed them of the special in advance.

[quote name='davidb69']There was nothing that stated that which muddles this deal. So that is based only by a stockboy and nothing official. It said ALL titles 19.99 and less.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']Um, not "a stockboy" rather "THE stock-boy." ;)[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='caponesgun']Yes, but I was countering any potential "But that will take weeks for reimbursement!"...[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! Wise on your part. :)

[quote name='wissy']Ah hell no someone else that goes to the Grant Line store. I have had some problems with that store also. It is kind of hit or miss depending on if they know about deals and if the stuff is instock .

Really tempted to go and pick up LA Noire but I just have such a large backlog as it is. I really do not need to add two more games when I already have Fallout New Vegas, Two Worlds 2, Portal 2 co-op, Bioshock 2, and SOCOM to play.[/QUOTE]

If you have a PS3, Infamous 2 as well! I'm hoping to finish LA Noire by that time but it's unlikely as I switch games so often and DLC may become available by then.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Pronounced like "Lenore" from Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven"? Hilarious!![/QUOTE]

Very close... More like "Lay-nore."

I didn't correct him, I was too amused.

Didn't work for me! Got the $20 coupon but the $20 game rang up full price. The woman had only heard of the deal since someone came in earlier and tried to make it happen, but it didn't ring up correctly for them either. I figured I would just buy it full price and send Josh my receipt. After reading this thread I wish I had gotten the manager to check the website. Would have been nice to have it taken care of day of but if I can get a gift card or something I'll be happy.

Worked perfectly for me ...

:ps3: LA Noire $60
:ps3: Resonance of Fate $19.97 (CLEARANCE)

Used a $45 Gaming coupon, $10 in SYWR points and with the free game ... $5 + tax

GREAT JOB, Josh and team!

Is there any kind of list for the $20 games? I have so many that it's unlikely I'd find anything decent I don't already have. The Kmart site only shows like 30 titles.

I dunno, maybe it's best to wait for the game to drop in price. There's no need to rush out for it if places don't have it in stock and nothing else to get. I also don't want to sign up for the spam card.

There is a list on the sixth post of the thread (as in, sixth post of first page) of recent drops. Look further down the first page and Confoosious even alphabetized it. Hope that helps!

Also wanted to report success at the Diamond Bar, CA store. I've gotten every K-Mart deal there successfully except once, and that was the PSN card for $10 and that was way early in the program. Guess Josh gave them a workout, because now the deals work perfectly, whether the employee is knowledgeable of the deal or not. LA Noire and SOCOM Confrontation......speaking of which, does anyone even play the game anymore? I heard the trophies are quite brutal, not to mention the game sucks =.= But it was the bundle, so I couldn't pass up free game + Blutooth headset.

The only downside would be that I think it's a relatively high volume store, and they're pretty much out of anything good for clearance.

Finally, shout out to Andrew (Stock Boy) for getting to me back so fast. With Josh and him, they have inspired customer loyalty in me, much more so than Amazon even if they do give good deals and no tax.

[quote name='cancerman1120']For what it is worth you DO live in Logan, UT....Go UTES!!!!

I Kid I Kid....:)[/QUOTE]

Ya I considered that as a possible reason, but it sounds like its the same story about everywhere. I'll be cheering for the Utes one time this year and thats against the Evil team. Go Ags.

[quote name='CAG Trader']Is there any kind of list for the $20 games? I have so many that it's unlikely I'd find anything decent I don't already have. The Kmart site only shows like 30 titles.

I dunno, maybe it's best to wait for the game to drop in price. There's no need to rush out for it if places don't have it in stock and nothing else to get. I also don't want to sign up for the spam card.[/QUOTE]

As posted earlier, first page has a list AND an alphabetical list...items carried in store will be varied.

[quote name='CAG Trader']Is there any kind of list for the $20 games? I have so many that it's unlikely I'd find anything decent I don't already have. The Kmart site only shows like 30 titles.

I dunno, maybe it's best to wait for the game to drop in price. There's no need to rush out for it if places don't have it in stock and nothing else to get. I also don't want to sign up for the spam card.[/QUOTE]

Post #6 in this thread has some, but not all.

Just came back from KMart. Only have five minutes before I need to go back to work, so I don't have time to read recent posts. Wanted to report my success, however.

I know Josh said he was 99% sure it would go this way, but I opted to check whether I could add a 9.99 game without it changing the reduced one since the cashier today was knowledgeable of the deal. (He said about five other people had been in for the LAN promo during his shift.) We scanned LAN and Megaman Zero Collection which had its value refunded at the end of the list. That in place, he scanned Crisis Core for PSP which did, in fact, alter the refunded value down to 9.99. He canceled the PSP game and the promo value reverted to the 19.97 from before. The system, overall, seems to be working without a hitch.

Used my $45 coupon and SYWR points to get the pair free, $20 coupon printed. Put back Crisis Core and grabbed Resonance of Fate to use the $15 coupon, paid the rest in points. Three games with nothing out of pocket. Thanks, KMart and Josh's crew!

Tried at Kmart #4728 3825 7th st north west miami, fl 33126
they didnt have the game in the glass case and the electronic lady said if its not there we dont have it, kind of dissapointing as its a little far from me, but i should have called, wasted gas.

First timer Kmartgamer here and the LA Noire deal worked without a hitch at the 7636 store (Chula Vista, CA). The sign up for the SYWR card was painless as was getting the free game and $20 coupon. The hard part was picking a $20 game from the glass case/shelves.

Got a few questions though:
How wallet friendly is the coupon? I have a feeling the ink will fade but wanted to make sure. How often do the price stickers for clearance games get updated since I noticed quite a few games on the clearance list from the first page weren't updated (the PS3 Resonance of Fate copy I got with my 360 LA Noire still had the $59.99 sticker). Lastly, is there any reason why some titles were in the glass case while others on the shelves? I noticed the same titles in both places and even one title for the PS3 on the shelve but the 360 version in the case. It was slightly annoying but I think that may be just me.

Anyways, great first experience and I think I'll take a look at this thread more often.

Long time reader 1st time poster just signing up to say the deal worked perfectly for me at Kmart 4289 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Picked up LA Noire and Resonance of Fate PS3. Employees knew about the deal and made sure it rang up properly.

Thanks Josh for all you do it is much appreciated by me!

Just an update to my post earlier:

Success! I was turned down when I went in early today but once I called when the manager returned from his break and he was able to confirm the deal on the mykmart blog. No thanks to the elderly lady clerk who kept insisting that they couldn't honor the deal. It pays to talk to the right people.

Grabbed Silent Hill: Shattered Memories as my freebie.

Kmart #4117 (Sacramento, Ca) is a GO. :)

Hey Josh,

Went to store #3031(Blaine, MN) for LA Noire. The free 19.99 and under game wasn't ringing up and the management wasn't aware of the deal. I pulled out my smart phone and showed her the deal on the kmartgamer blog and she overided the deal to sell it for 1 cent. I was getting the games for PS3 but there was also another lady there that wasn't getting the LA Noire deal with xbox 360 games to ring up. $20 coupon printed out just fine.

Deal did not work here in Atlanta. What do I need to do? I already bought the game and got the $20 coupon but every game rung up full price. Has anyone else had this problem in the Ga/Atlanta area?

It worked at the K-Mart in Athens, GA after a little bit of a struggle. I picked up LA Noire for PS3 and Metro 2033 for 360. I also got my $20 coupon wooo

I had to tell the employees about the promotion though because they were clueless. They were very helpful though about the situation.

[quote name='CAG Trader']I dunno, maybe it's best to wait for the game to drop in price. There's no need to rush out for it if places don't have it in stock and nothing else to get. I also don't want to sign up for the spam card.[/QUOTE]

The SYWR Card isn't a "spam" card. I'm usually pretty picky about store cards and the Kmart card is tied with CVS for easiest to use and best free store card. I never get calls and only the very occasional email about gaming deals, which you can opt out of.

[quote name='bjfly']Hey Josh,

Went to store #3031(Blaine, MN) for LA Noire. The free 19.99 and under game wasn't ringing up and the management wasn't aware of the deal. I pulled out my smart phone and showed her the deal on the kmartgamer blog and she overided the deal to sell it for 1 cent. I was getting the games for PS3 but there was also another lady there that wasn't getting the LA Noire deal with xbox 360 games to ring up. $20 coupon printed out just fine.[/QUOTE]

That was my wife :)

Thank for your help with that.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Wish I could, if I had that list we wouldn't have issues right now...it's kind of just as I'm finding them. Notable ones though are the 4 Nintendo Selects, Alan Wake (was price protected to $19.99 between when I submitted the list and now), Madden 10, NCAA Football 10, Dragon Age Origins, Nier.[/QUOTE]

Update to this comment I made...

IT has confirmed they have added these items/UPCs to the list and they will be active tomorrow. However I do believe the stores may have to reboot their registers for this new UPC list to activate. I apologize for the mistake on the front end everyone.

[quote name='Sway']First timer Kmartgamer here and the LA Noire deal worked without a hitch at the 7636 store (Chula Vista, CA). The sign up for the SYWR card was painless as was getting the free game and $20 coupon. The hard part was picking a $20 game from the glass case/shelves.

How wallet friendly is the coupon? I have a feeling the ink will fade but wanted to make sure. How often do the price stickers for clearance games get updated since I noticed quite a few games on the clearance list from the first page weren't updated (the PS3 Resonance of Fate copy I got with my 360 LA Noire still had the $59.99 sticker). Lastly, is there any reason why some titles were in the glass case while others on the shelves? I noticed the same titles in both places and even one title for the PS3 on the shelve but the 360 version in the case. It was slightly annoying but I think that may be just me.

Anyways, great first experience and I think I'll take a look at this thread more
often.[/QUOTE]

cool another CAG from CV.

Question, I'm going through the following steps but when I get to the "More about me" page, I am not seeing a section for contact preferences. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

The L.A. Noire deal worked great for me. Huge thanks to Josh and Kmart for these fantastic deals.

For those having trouble getting the free game ($19.99 or less): this discount was not applied to my transaction until after the Kmart associate scanned my rewards card, scanned my coupons and calculated the final total.

At my store when I picked up L.A. Noire the manager said something about a 97 cent clearance sale coming up soon. Has anyone else heard about this?

Signed up for the SYWR card and got in on my first deal with one small issue. Alan Wake @ 19.99 did not ring up as free (looks to be a known issue from the facebook page). We tried adding a different game and it rang up correctly.

I ended up buying LA Noire in the game dept ($20 gamer coupon printed correctly) then going up to the service desk where they could view the blog post. They ended up Modifying the price on LA Noire to a penny cheaper and charing a penny for Alan Wake. A new $20 gamer coupon printed with that receipt. I asked if I needed that coupon instead of the original and was told they are always exactly the same "I promise".

Hope the coupon works when I go to use it...

I found it nevermind. I am going to print it out and take it back to the store and show it to them. They should be able to honor it then I hope.

[quote name='davidb69']There was nothing that stated that which muddles this deal. So that is based only by a stockboy and nothing official. It said ALL titles 19.99 and less. The sales guy asked me if there was only certain games and I told him what I read and he said he read the same thing but was curious why the register didn't take it that way.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']Um, not "a stockboy" rather "THE stock-boy." ;)[/QUOTE]

damn salty tbone... beat me to it lol

[quote name='Sway']First timer Kmartgamer here and the LA Noire deal worked without a hitch at the 7636 store (Chula Vista, CA). The sign up for the SYWR card was painless as was getting the free game and $20 coupon. The hard part was picking a $20 game from the glass case/shelves.

Anyways, great first experience and I think I'll take a look at this thread more often.[/QUOTE]

the coupon should be very coupon friendly, unless it rubs up against something a lot, mine havent started fading (and its nearing its 45 day expiration period)
as to the rest, its usually a matter of the employees - obviously, kmart's staff isnt quite up to snuff (many of them) and so some things go unnoticed but either way, if theres a drop, it should work

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Update to this comment I made...

IT has confirmed they have added these items/UPCs to the list and they will be active tomorrow. However I do believe the stores may have to reboot their registers for this new UPC list to activate. I apologize for the mistake on the front end everyone.[/QUOTE]

so would it work if they were rebooted throughout the day? (just wondering)

[quote name='linuxhack']Signed up for the SYWR card and got in on my first deal with one small issue. Alan Wake @ 19.99 did not ring up as free (looks to be a known issue from the facebook page). We tried adding a different game and it rang up correctly.

I ended up buying LA Noire in the game dept ($20 gamer coupon printed correctly) then going up to the service desk where they could view the blog post. They ended up Modifying the price on LA Noire to a penny cheaper and charing a penny for Alan Wake. A new $20 gamer coupon printed with that receipt. I asked if I needed that coupon instead of the original and was told they are always exactly the same "I promise".

Hope the coupon works when I go to use it...[/QUOTE]

should work wit either, unless it was supposed to be a return/rebuy in which case the first SHOULDN'T work, but u never know lol

I just went to pick this up along with Wolfenstein and the cashier said she had no idea what I was talking about. This is the first time I have tried to use the Kmart deals and am disheartened as I knew this was how it was going to turn out. I was one of three people standing there trying to explain where this deal originated from and they kept telling me to call and complain to the store. I don't wont to complain I wanna play LA Noire. :(

[quote name='Bartboy']I just went to pick this up along with Wolfenstein and the cashier said she had no idea what I was talking about. This is the first time I have tried to use the Kmart deals and am disheartened as I knew this was how it was going to turn out. I was one of three people standing there trying to explain where this deal originated from and they kept telling me to call and complain to the store. I don't wont to complain I wanna play LA Noire. :([/QUOTE]

did u guys just try to get ur stuff rung up? or asked about it? and if there's an issue, don't complain, just email josh, explain ur issue and wait patiently while josh does his thing (altho, his, i assume, stress-inducing hair-pulling thing)

[quote name='Sway']Got a few questions though:
How wallet friendly is the coupon? I have a feeling the ink will fade but wanted to make sure. How often do the price stickers for clearance games get updated since I noticed quite a few games on the clearance list from the first page weren't updated (the PS3 Resonance of Fate copy I got with my 360 LA Noire still had the $59.99 sticker). Lastly, is there any reason why some titles were in the glass case while others on the shelves?[/QUOTE]
1. Not wallet friendly at all, as most modern receipts use ink that fades and rubs away easily. My best advice is to find a safe, memorable place for them and keep them there until you need them. Just don't forget you have them.

2. YMMV on stickers getting updated. Some stores do it well, some don't.

3. No particular reason except that, as they haven't been restickered, they probably weren't therefore removed from the case to sit with the other clearance games. It's something that, like restickering stock, happens whenever the employees in that section get around to it.
[quote name='Bartboy']I just went to pick this up along with Wolfenstein and the cashier said she had no idea what I was talking about. This is the first time I have tried to use the Kmart deals and am disheartened as I knew this was how it was going to turn out. I was one of three people standing there trying to explain where this deal originated from and they kept telling me to call and complain to the store. I don't wont to complain I wanna play LA Noire. :([/QUOTE]
Since these aren't advertised in the print circular and Kmart has a site that does its own online-only stuff, these deals tend to be like Fight Club: "The first rule about KmartGamer deals is, don't ask the cashier about KmartGamer deals." If they don't know about them and you ask them about it, they'll be confused because they'll think it's an online-only deal (which it isn't) or that you're mistaken/scamming/etc. (which you're not.) since it's not int he circular.

It's best to go in, proceed through the transaction and say nothing, and to let it all ring up and total out as planned. (It must be totaled before the $19.99 game is made free, and coupons can be used.) If the total's not right, just say whatever you feel is polite to decline the transaction and walk away, OR proceed and immediately email Josh with the receipt and details so he can take care of it.

Hope that helps.

If you try to discuss the deal with the cashier, this will be what happens 99% of the time. They are completely clueless and only complicate matters. Now since there have been a number of issues there's no guarantee that it would have rung up correctly. But unless you just had her scan both games and total it out you'd never know. Now if you did all that and this was where the conversation started then I apologize.

Just got back from my local Bourbonnais, IL location and the deal worked fantastically. The electronics department was well staffed and the service was prompt and friendly. If anyone on this board lives in the area, you might want to swing by that store. They have TONS of 19.99 games. Not only is the electronic department full of them (they have Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo ODST, Wario Shake It, Elite Beat Agents, Rhythm Heaven), but over by the regular registers is another cart overflowing with the stuff (albeit mostly crap, but probably a few gems). One minor nitpick - a couple of the first party Nintendo Wii titles aren't (visibly) marked down (like Punch Out and Wario Shake It). I got Sin and Punishment, and while it still had a $50 price tag on it, it did ring up for 19.99 (and then of course, free). It was worth checking the internet prices first because those are the ones in the computer system. They didn't have my first choices, Prince of Persia on Wii or Advance Wars Days of Ruin, but the latter title is somewhat rare, and the former might have been buried (forgot to check for those UPC codes, drat!) For the sake of stores like my local Kmart (and my game collection), you might want to do a repeat of this kind of deal with another game. Keep up the good work! I take back any disparaging remarks I may or may not have made in the past. You've won me back over, Kmart! Totally worth it.

Picked up LA Noire and got the deal with Lost Oddessy. Also picked up witcher 2 as well. I wasn't sure they were gonna stock this one. PC games selection is quite paltry at my Kmart, but I was quite happy to see it. K-Mart #3336, Richmond VA, clerk was Tiffany. She was quite helpful.

Thanks for all your hard work Josh!

Quick question about the coupon - Does the next gaming purchase have to exceed $20 for the coupon to work? It's fine if it does, my store also has plenty of $30 games. Would it theoretically work on $50 points cards? Probably going to just use it on a new game anyways, if these deals keep up.

[quote name='Jeanius']I just called my local Kmart in Poughkeepsie NY and they said that the game was not in stock after being put on hold for 5 minutes. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have it by this time in the afternoon. They were aware of Kmartgamer.com and said that if the deal was on there that they would honor it, which is good.[/QUOTE]

That's the store I went to at around 12PM. See my above post for the bad experience I had. They did have the game in stock, however. The guy had to go in the back to get it.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']Quick question about the coupon - Does the next gaming purchase have to exceed $20 for the coupon to work? It's fine if it does, my store also has plenty of $30 games. Would it theoretically work on $50 points cards? Probably going to just use it on a new game anyways, if these deals keep up.[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back