SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked through some pages for this, hope it wasnt already answered. Can this deal be done multiple times? If so I've got several copies of warioware smooth moves, fire emblem wii, and mario strikers i can sell along with the l.a. noire for good profit.

Got LA Noire and Singularity today. The free $20 game was not working but after about 20 minutes the associate did a maunal $20 discount, after $45 coupon it was $15, and to my supprise I had $16 in SYWR points to cover it.

I wanted the Witcher but the Chantilly Kmart claimed they didnt have it so i called up the Herndon Kmart and they had two copies.

I want to point out that the Regular Witcher 2 is $50 and comes with so many extra goddies EA or Activition would have considered it a Collectors Edition and charged $80 for it. Best $50 pc game bundle to date.

Highly frustrated
Just drove 40 mins out there to kmart 3256. tried for the deal and the game would not come up free even though it was $19.99.

Still in the parking lot. Was trying for enslaved and la noire....help!. Should I still but it? The manager told me the free game is supposed to be shipped which I know is croc.

[quote name='CLOUDSTARX']Checked through some pages for this, hope it wasnt already answered. Can this deal be done multiple times? If so I've got several copies of warioware smooth moves, fire emblem wii, and mario strikers i can sell along with the l.a. noire for good profit.[/QUOTE]

Flipping is generally frowned upon here at CAG.

However:
"Limit 2 per customer. Gaming Coupon valid: 5/22/11 through 7/2/11"

KMart defines a Customer a single SYWR card member.

[quote name='jahcure234']Highly frustrated
Just drove 40 mins out there to kmart 3256. tried for the deal and the game would not come up free even though it was $19.99.

Still in the parking lot. Was trying for enslaved and la noire....help!. Should I still but it? The manager told me the free game is supposed to be shipped which I know is croc.[/QUOTE]

Enslaved is one of the games reported with an issue. I'm assuming this is because the Kmart version of the game had a special SKU. Josh has been crediting or been dealing with issues where the game didn't credit. You can also show the manager kmartgamer.com. The second post down is MAD MEN and covers the deal.

Just picked up this deal while on vacation. Ran over to the Katella store near Disneyland, scored LA noir, tiger woods 10 bundle (with the wii motion plus inside), and the 20 dollar coupon printed no problem. Awesome deal!!

[quote name='The 7th Number']My $20 coupon says valid 05.22.11 thru 07.02.11. I dunno what ill get with it, maybe a 19.99 game and a 1600 points card, or a $30+ game like fable 3, or another game ive been waiting to get.[/QUOTE]

There's always Duke Nukem Forever. I Think that's the next big release Josh is working on so there should be a good deal on it. DNF was going to be a budget pick-up for me sometime later. But will probably change and get it at launch if Josh pulls another rabbit out of his hat.

Got my copy of LA Noire & free copy of Enslaved, I'm happy.
The guy ahead of me was going for this deal too. There was a little confusion on how to ring everything up at first, but my transaction went smooth.

Just got back from my local KMart. LA Noire was one of the few games in the case facing out -- pretty much everything else was facing sideways. They didn't have any 360 titles in $19.99 bin, but the associate allowed me to finger through the 360 titles in the security case to find one I wanted. (this particular associate has helped me multiple times in the past -- extremely nice and has always been very helpful)

Ended up getting Raiden Fighters Aces (which rang up $9.99 and then dropped to $0). I used my $15 + $45 coupons from Portal 2/Mortal Kombat and the $20 coupon printed out. Overall an awesome experience.

Random question, the only Kmart near me changed to a Sears Outlet/Kmart about a year ago. Does anyone know if these honor Kmart gaming deals?

Or will this just work at straight-up Kmarts? Thanks, hoping to save a drive if they don't have Kmart deals.

[quote name='notalunchbox']how are some people getting these $45 gaming coupons?
sorry im new here :3[/QUOTE]
They had them from a previous buy $120 in gaming/get $60 in coupons deal.

I got it to work with high velocity bowling....this sucks...I really wanted enslaved. good news is, just like the guy said earlier it let me scan both $45 & $15 coupons and gave me a penny back. I let them keep the penny tho cuz that would be wrong.

[quote name='notalunchbox']how are some people getting these $45 gaming coupons?
sorry im new here :3[/QUOTE]

They are from a previous Kmart deal.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Flipping is generally frowned upon here at CAG.

However:
"Limit 2 per customer. Gaming Coupon valid: 5/22/11 through 7/2/11"

KMart defines a Customer a single SYWR card member.[/QUOTE]

What can I say, I am a jerk. I kinda was thinkin that, but I thought that was more like scams like taking things back to wal-mart to get more money when you didnt buy them there. thanks though man.:cool:

Crazy transactions for my brother and I today at the Florence, KY Kmart. Clearance games are not updated, or at least the few ones I tried getting priced. I pick up Metro 2033, Resonance of Fate, and of course L.A. Noire. Metro 2033 rings up at 29.99, yet still ended up being subtracted off as "L.A Noire free game". That was fine, except then Resonance of Fate rings up as 59.99, so that was a no go. My brother then resorts to the stack of games listed as 19.99 and under, even though he wanted one of the clearance games from the list in the OP. He grabs Enslaved, and the transaction doesn't make Enslaved free with the purchase of L.A. Noire. I say screw it and just tell him to purchase everything so we can get it fixed at customer service later. The transaction completes, and the computer freezes before the $20 coupon prints off. We both just left. I hope I can get customer service to return L.A. Noire and Enslaved sometime later this week, but he used a gaming coupon and the rewards card credit in the transaction. I don't know how they will return the gaming coupon, unless they give it out as a gift card or something.

I later went to the Erlanger, KY Kmart. That location was solid on clearance drops and looks like they stock more games. Although I did ask for a price check and employee pulls out Resonance of Fate, looks the the 59.99 price sticker, and says "It is $59.99, it says right here." It comes up correctly though once scanned for $19.97. Even though this store is farther away, I guess the extra 10 minute drive will be worth it.

Well went to my local kmart, after waiting about 20 for someone to get LA Noir out the case, I finally went to register to buy it, the young guy rung me up, and it printed my receipt and another slip of paper, but he crumbles up the $20 gaming coupon and places it next to his register.....I like I need that paper you just balled up, even before he looks at the coupon, he says "he says oh yea you might want this $20 off, enjoy LA Noire"

I went to the KMart in Seattle (store 3443) and the PS3 game shelf there is pretty much empty. I called beforehand and found out they only had copies of LAN for the 360 left. Even though I only have a PS3, I bought a 360 copy anyway just to get in on the deal first (picked Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga for my young brother). Everything went well, no problem with the coupon and the free game. My question is, can I exchange for a PS3 copy of LAN once it's available in the future (not limited to this week)? Can my brother open his new game now and not effect my exchange later?

I can wait to play LAN, I just couldn't wait for the deal =P

Went to the K-Mart in Cutler Bay Florida, and found a PS3 version (They had no idea of the promotion, until I showed them the site via my phone). For the free game I chose Guilty Party for the Wii (19.99), and for some reason it would not discount the 19.99 game. They tried so many different ways, and in the end I picked up Dot Heroes for the PS3, and for my trouble they gave me a second $20 gaming coupon since, the Wii game was not discounting. The manager was kind enough to set the Guilty Party aside for me, so when I come back when the coupons kick in, I can just grab it. All in all, a great trip indeed.

i decided to go for it since it seemed like a good dealWnt to Warminster,PA store.waited a few min for help. the kid was nice enough but clueless about the deal. they didnt have the couple of games that i would have liked for free so i finally just took Saboteur as it scanned at $19.99. He rang the 2 games but the free game didnt come up. I happened to look down at the counter & a copy of the corporate memo telling about the deals was there so i pointed it out to him & he read it to mgr over phone/walkie. she told him to do something & she would b there to overide. She came over, overode it then left. after ringing the sale no coupon printed out. He called her again & i heard her say what am i supposed to do? Then told him to send me to customer service & they would give a giftcard...i went up & the customer service person was trying to ring the free gift card w the mgr watching. the mgr didnt know how to do it but the cashier remembered doing it a previous day & called someone at home that she had done it with. She got it to work & apologized. The cashiers were nicer than the mgr, not that she was bad but more annoyed it seemed. I dont think that i will buy games there again.

got ps3 l.a. noir and splinter cell conviction free. everything worked smoothed as butter. will use 20 dollar coupon for ssf arcade.

went to the Kmart in Fort walton bch FL this morning around 8am, they were still putting stuff out and had to look for me but everyting went smooth. got assassins creed II as my free game

Just thought I'd share my experience with my Kmart store #9220. I picked up LAN today and got Rock Band 3 for free + the $20 coupon; everything worked with no problems. Ended up paying $40, used my gaming coupon I got last week from Brink. The only problem I had was finding games that were under $19.99, a lot of them weren't properly marked, and I didn't print a list of the games that were, but other than that it was ezpz, in and out in 10 minutes, and I'll definitely be back!

[quote name='iceman88']Has Josh said anything about the Infamous 2 deal besides the free copy of Infamous. $20 coupon maybe?[/QUOTE]
Last he said was he was working on $15 coupon + free Infamous.

Hey guys i got La noir and the free game just fine. However, before leaving i found a 19.99 game that i wanted much more then the one i got that was buried away and was furious at myself. Do you think it is possible to swap them if i haven't opened the one i have yet? Thanks for your help.

Josh,

I don't know if you can help me, but I would really like to pass along my appreciation to an employee at my K-mart. I went in wanting Alan Wake as my free game with L.A. Noire and I was expecting it to not work today. I took the games up to the register and when it didn't work, the employee there knew it should, had printed instructions on how to handle it and took me up to the service desk where he explained what should happen and even the service desk person was aware of the sale. Now, I don't know if this is because of someone earlier today having a problem, but the fact that the electronics employee knew of the sale and had printed instructions on how to handle games that didn't ring in as free was awesome.

This was in the Bismarck, ND store #4272. The employee was Joshua from electronics and he deserves a Kudos or any employee recognition that is available. It was another great experience and I'm thankful to have a local store that is very aware of your promotions.

So several confirmed reports that you don't need a filler to use $60 in coupons. It must look at the total before taking the free game off.

Good stuff.

No Witcher 2 in stock and the freebie deal with Noire wasn't working at Metropolitan Ave store in NY. The cashier warned me ahead of time about the free game and said everything should be in working order tomorrow, so that was kind of cool I guess.

Josh, you mad genius. $60 in Portal coupons = PS3 L.A. Noire, PS3 Resonance of Fate, and Dragon Quest IV + another $20 coupon for $21 out the door. The clerk at electronics was pleasantly aware of the free game promotion and made sure to ask for my SYWR card up front, and verified that the first $19.97 game rang up as free before applying the coupons. Now I just have to wait for a drive upgrade to arrive so I have room to install my new games.

Went in with my $45+$15 coupons, walked out with L.A. Noire and Alan Wake. Both coupons applied, and I walked out without paying a dime.

I felt like I robbed the place!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Last he said was he was working on $15 coupon + free Infamous.[/QUOTE]

I hope he makes that $20 because everyone can get inFamous free from PSN as one of the five choices (you get two picks).

[quote name='silentspork']Went in with my $45+$15 coupons, walked out with L.A. Noire and Alan Wake. Both coupons applied, and I walked out without paying a dime.

I felt like I robbed the place![/QUOTE]

god that feeling never gets old

[quote name='The_ZZ']I hope he makes that $20 because everyone can get inFamous free from PSN as one of the five choices (you get two picks).[/QUOTE]

So pick another game or sell inFamous when you get it. The deal is already pretty sweet.

[quote name='NDPsycho']Josh,

I don't know if you can help me, but I would really like to pass along my appreciation to an employee at my K-mart. I went in wanting Alan Wake as my free game with L.A. Noire and I was expecting it to not work today. I took the games up to the register and when it didn't work, the employee there knew it should, had printed instructions on how to handle it and took me up to the service desk where he explained what should happen and even the service desk person was aware of the sale. Now, I don't know if this is because of someone earlier today having a problem, but the fact that the electronics employee knew of the sale and had printed instructions on how to handle games that didn't ring in as free was awesome.

This was in the Bismarck, ND store #4272. The employee was Joshua from electronics and he deserves a Kudos or any employee recognition that is available. It was another great experience and I'm thankful to have a local store that is very aware of your promotions.[/QUOTE]

I believe they still do this, at least when I worked at Kmart in high school, they had some number you could call to leave feedback on good/bad experiences and we'd listen to them at employees meetings. I don't know if its a general number or store specific, but if they still do it, call it and leave him good feedback.

[quote name='TSlade']No Witcher 2 in stock and the freebie deal with Noire wasn't working at Metropolitan Ave store in NY. The cashier warned me ahead of time about the free game and said everything should be in working order tomorrow, so that was kind of cool I guess.[/QUOTE]

I was looking for a post from a guy that went to the Middle Village store, but I couldn't find it again. Anyway, in case you two missed it, both the Manhattan stores have the deal.

Two people posted that there were no problems at the Penn Station location. And I went to the Astor Place location and it worked there. Both KMarts are within the stations, so if you're familiar with the subway, it could be a simple trip for you. Maybe.

You'll probably want to go to the Penn Station location though, I think they have a better selection for the free game.

It took me a minute, but I finally found The Saboteur. If you want a points card, you need to go to the Astor Place location.

I usually just lurk here but I wanted to give a shot out to the electronics department at the Manassas (#4212) store. Walked in around 8 and L.A Noire wasn't out. I was pretty worried considering how sparse the selection of titles was combined with the fact they still had a SEGA sign to advertise their games.

The guy at the electronics desk spent twenty minutes searching for this game, then took another ten to find a copy of Metro 2033. Then everything rung up and I was on my way.

Looking forward to using this coupon, especially if you are planing a Shadows of the Damned deal.

Hey Josh, the deal went down great and Wayne did the discount and I got Resonance of Fate and the $20 coupon printed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back