SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Kmart in Ann Arbor, MI and had a somewhat difficult time but I managed to snag the deal. I asked the people working in the electronics department if they knew of the deal for LA Noire from the Kmart blog. They told me they knew of the deal and pulled me a copy while I picked out a $19.99 game. The selection of cheap games was very slim but I settled on a copy of LoZ: Twilight Princess because I couldn't find anything else I wanted. I knew of the problems with the Nintendo select titles but I wanted to test if it would work. At first when it all rang up the deal wasn't going through and they convinced me that it was because I picked a Wii game and it only worked for 360 or PS3 games. I figured it was because of the game being a Nintendo selects so I went to pick out another game. I really didn't want to get another game after looking again so I was just ready to hit up another store. When I informed them that I wasn't going to get the game today after all, they told me we could try something different if I wanted the Wii game. They ended up calling and getting a override on the transaction. A couple minutes later everything went through alright and I walked away with LA Noire, LoZ: Twilight Princess and the $20 coupon. I made sure to thank everyone that helped me, they were very nice to me throughout the whole process.

I just went into a store about 30 minutes ago and they had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I was an idiot.

I came home and signed up for the rewards thing online and did more research on the deal but it isn't all that clear on what exactly you need to do. Do I just print out the temp card, maybe the blog entry too, go back, and explain to the people there the deal?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will definitely be saying my prayers tonight as well :)

The offer has been tested, stock has been verified and the stores have been emailed, PLEASE let this go well tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
awesome! It took 10 minutes for they employee to find the la noire, but he did! I picked up 2 copies, one for me and one for my buddy. Got metro and alpha proto for the free games. Wanted singularity but not in stock. And coupons printed with no problem. Left happy. I was worried when the games were not found for a while but the employee kept searching. Awesome deal josh and company, and I look forward to more deals like this if it goes well!

[quote name='Gorilla Gravy']I just went into a store about 30 minutes ago and they had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I was an idiot.

I came home and signed up for the rewards thing online and did more research on the deal but it isn't all that clear on what exactly you need to do. Do I just print out the temp card, maybe the blog entry too, go back, and explain to the people there the deal?[/QUOTE]

Please don't try to explain anything unless it gets to very point that you have to give them money and they are asking for more than it should be. Simply get LA Noire and whatever $20 game you want and go to the register. Before they start scanning anything, show them your temp card or give them your phone number. The register will do the rest. If, and only if, they try charging you for the second game feel free to show them the blog but if you start things off like that you're asking for your visit to last about five times longer than it should.

[quote name='Gorilla Gravy']I just went into a store about 30 minutes ago and they had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I was an idiot.

I came home and signed up for the rewards thing online and did more research on the deal but it isn't all that clear on what exactly you need to do. Do I just print out the temp card, maybe the blog entry too, go back, and explain to the people there the deal?[/QUOTE]

This was quoted just a few posts above yours - it answered your question. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']This is something that should be in an unofficial OP cause it's talked about all the time:

Just ring up both games. Let the register do the work. If the register doesn't, (and I'm talking all the way through the process and you had them scan your SYWR card), then either say "nope, don't want it" or finalize the purchase and email josh for the difference.

Don't leave it up to the knowledge of the employee or manager.[/QUOTE]

I hate asking this, but can someone post the UPC to the PS3 version? I know it was posted before but my browser at work doesn't support the search function of this website. My store claimed they didn't have any yesterday and when I go back today I want to be a little more prepared in case it's not out yet.

Thanks for your hard work, Josh.

I hope I did the right thing in completing the purchase, trying to talk to the manager in store, and then emailing you.

Man, after reading through pages of posts (sad I know) trying to figure out what free game to try to get I see it is really hit or miss on how well or badly this will go down. I have a $45 gaming coupon to use to which will make it even more complicated. I can't find anyone confirming animal crossing city folk as working as the free game. Singularity seems to be working most often so hopefully my store will have a copy of that.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Please don't try to explain anything unless it gets to very point that you have to give them money and they are asking for more than it should be. .[/QUOTE]

So true. Who cares is they know about the deal. Let the register do the work and only mention it if the game doesn't ring up free or the coupon doesn't print.

First rule of the deal. . . don't talk about the deal!!!! (unless it's to family or friends of course. . .just not the employees).

[quote name='ps2emotions']Man, after reading through pages of posts (sad I know) trying to figure out what free game to try to get I see it is really hit or miss on how well or badly this will go down. I have a $45 gaming coupon to use to which will make it even more complicated. I can't find anyone confirming animal crossing city folk as working as the free game. Singularity seems to be working most often so hopefully my store will have a copy of that.[/QUOTE]

Animal Crossing should work today if your store's register was rebooted this morning.

Went perfectly for me at store #3029 Erlanger,KY. Got LA Noir for the 360 and Warhawk with headset for the PS3, no problems at all. Krista in electronics was very nice. Also bought some shampoo and the cashier Paula couldn't have been nicer. I seriously hope mentioning these peoples names helps them out somehow. Good customer service at retail should be encouraged.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Please don't try to explain anything unless it gets to very point that you have to give them money and they are asking for more than it should be. Simply get LA Noire and whatever $20 game you want and go to the register. Before they start scanning anything, show them your temp card or give them your phone number. The register will do the rest. If, and only if, they try charging you for the second game feel free to show them the blog but if you start things off like that you're asking for your visit to last about five times longer than it should.[/QUOTE]

I concur. I would like to see deals like this continue. I realize the employees should know the deals but it is kind of like asking a McDonald's "cook" what is in a Chicken McNugget. It doesn't matter, in my mind, it the clerk knows about the deal or not, I know about it. I don't just inquire, get told some B.S. then go back home and cry about it. I understand it is more complicated than it should be sometimes but the man (Josh) is trying... he is like the supervisor of a DOT crew when you ride by, he shoveling, etc. while 20 others are just hanging out.

Josh should put out instructions: 1. Go to Kmart, 2. make selection(s), 3. go to register (no chit chat about the deal, it confuses the clerk), 4. scan your SYWR card, 5. verify transaction amount, 6. inquire if not correct, 7. email me if deal did not work correctly

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not think I am going to do this type of deal in the future again. The system is pretty good outside of the manual entry issue of what stock boy confirmed below (just a few titles missing that will be available tomorrow) but either through customer/associate error this just seems too hard to pull off.

I mean for the most part everything seems alright, there enough confirmations of the deal across multiple areas and sku's that I am perfectly comfortable reflecting that this is working as it should, yet my email is almost beyond reasonably full.

So I know the biggest thing is communication but really there couldn't have been more done to communicate it down from what I'm seeing.[/QUOTE]

I hope you do continue with these great deals. The first time something slightly complicated is attemped must be difficult but you will know where the problems are now and can get ahead of them for the next time. The blog deal is referenced in the ad at the top of the gaming section so that could be looked up by the employees that are resistant or uninformed. These great release week deals are as good or better than the old Circuit City deals I was mourning. Then if people would only follow this it might go smoother.

[quote name='confoosious']This is something that should be in an unofficial OP cause it's talked about all the time:

Just ring up both games. Let the register do the work. If the register doesn't, (and I'm talking all the way through the process and you had them scan your SYWR card), then either say "nope, don't want it" or finalize the purchase and email josh for the difference.

Don't leave it up to the knowledge of the employee or manager.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']i hate asking this, but can someone post the upc to the ps3 version? I know it was posted before but my browser at work doesn't support the search function of this website. My store claimed they didn't have any yesterday and when i go back today i want to be a little more prepared in case it's not out yet.[/quote]

Hey everyone! I scanner through this forum, but could not find this answer: When does the $20.00 gamer coupon expire? I'm hoping not until late in the year, after Uncharted 3 releases.....

[quote name='mrmahone']Hey everyone! I scanner through this forum, but could not find this answer: When does the $20.00 gamer coupon expire? I'm hoping not until late in the year, after Uncharted 3 releases.....[/QUOTE]

Gaming Coupon valid: 5/22/11 through 7/2/11

[quote name='mrmahone']Hey everyone! I scanner through this forum, but could not find this answer: When does the $20.00 gamer coupon expire? I'm hoping not until late in the year, after Uncharted 3 releases.....[/QUOTE]

Gaming Coupon valid: 5/22/11 through 7/2/11

Any interest in Duke Nukem, Infamous 2, or Red Faction?

I'm disappointed as my Kmart must have sold all their PS3 copies yesterday. It seems they did in fact get them, but sounds like they did not get many at all. The guy there said he worked Monday and he saw a box of 6 of them for PS3 in the back. But he couldn't find them today and when he looked them up it was showing they had none.

He did eventually find an Xbox 360 copy in a drawer under the register and I decided to go ahead and get it. I buy most multiplatform games on the PS3 and my other Rockstar games (GTA IV, RDR) are on PS3. The good thing I guess is that I have a ton of Xbox 360 points with nothing I want to use them on so can use them on any DLC for this. I figured I'd rather not risk them not getting any more PS3 copies in this week.

I picked up Mario Strikers Charged but I'm just going to put it up on eBay. I got everything I wanted during the huge coupons/SYWR points deal last month. I really wish my store had Fire Emblem as I would love to have picked that up. I'd gladly pay $20 for it...don't care if I get it free.

edit: ugh I'm now seeing that LA Noire on Xbox 360 is 3 discs? And the PS3 version seems to be better. Bah looks like I'm just going to end up just flipping it all and putting it towards a PS3 copy elsewhere if that is the case.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! With a baby, wife, classes and full time job the only two games I know of coming up that are must buys for me (and I'll make the time to play them) are Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3. I'll have to see what is coming up before July 2, thanks!

[quote name='butaneko']Gaming Coupon valid: 5/22/11 through 7/2/11

Any interest in Duke Nukem, Infamous 2, or Red Faction?[/QUOTE]
Or Alice Madness Returns, Zelda, Fear 3, Dungeon Siege, Hunted, Shadows Of The Damned, or Transformers

[quote name='Thoth']The Burbank KMart was highly knowledgeable about the deal. I heard them talking about it as I walked in, and they knew some games would not ring up correctly as free under the deal; they were price correcting them without even being told to. Everyone was extremely accomodating and helpful, and rest assured I will return to that store next week to use my coupon.

FYI This store has always been great in executing promotions, and I've never had a problem but once, when Valkyria Chronicles 2 was out of stock the week it was supposed to come in (I got it later that week at sale price).[/QUOTE]

Great to hear that they are being so proactive at the Burbank store. My first deal experience there was just ok-- it was the "buy Mass Effect 2 and get LBP2 for 50% off". The deal didn't register, and the supervisor there was initially very resistant and defiant that there was no deal. However, after showing them the blog site, (as well as one other customer who bought the same games and helped me insist on the deal) the store manager was informed and agreed to correct the price in store. The Super then became much more friendly in general. It's good to hear that they are putting that effort in, and since my ME2 incident my other experiences have been great.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Man, after reading through pages of posts (sad I know) trying to figure out what free game to try to get I see it is really hit or miss on how well or badly this will go down. I have a $45 gaming coupon to use to which will make it even more complicated. I can't find anyone confirming animal crossing city folk as working as the free game. Singularity seems to be working most often so hopefully my store will have a copy of that.[/QUOTE]

At this point it is clear it is NOT hit or miss outside of the 6 titles identified yesterday (4 Wii Selects, Alan Wake, and Enslaved), as long as the system was properly rebooted.

It's pretty clear that most people are going into the store and expecting the employee or manager to be well versed on the deal, when it is obvious most are not. The person is then discouraged and leaves.

No problems in store 3380 (Waterville, Maine). Was in and out in about five minutes. The clerk did not know about the sale, but thought it was cool that Resonance of Fate rung up free. They've been out of $20 PSN cards since about February though, any way you can get them to get some more Josh?

I hope you do continue with this great deal. I know it must be a hassle getting all this working, and I appreciate it more then you know! But it is worth it for the many many more cases where the deal worked fine and is not talked about. I feel bad because i'm basically saying keep doing all this hard work haha :p but your customers appreciate it!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I do want to give a quick shout-out to Rhonda at the Homewood, Alabama store #4817. Rhonda knew about the deal, knew about the blog, and knew about some of the issues. She was extremely helpful to myself and 3-4 others that came in for the deal during my time.

(snip).[/QUOTE]

If Rhonda is the lady I think you are talking about, she has always been super helpful at that store. I am much closer to the Irondale location, but the Homewood store seems a little better stockwise. Irondale did finally clear their cases a bit though.

Do you remember how the Homewood

[quote name='The Dojo']Just got my copy@ the North Hollywood Kmart store4421. Talk about a good experience, I couldn't find metro 2033 but Edgar had the price scanner handy and away we went checking to see which games were $19.99. Long story short, LA Noir, Alan Wake, $60. I used the $45 and $15 coupons total came out to zero. Oh and I got the new $20 coupon. Thanks Josh and sch crew. There were some technical difficulties, but not anything the guys weren't happy to help and figure out. Peace[/QUOTE]

I also had a great experience at this store--there was a young guy there who was obviously a gamer himself and even said that "Cheapassgamer is an awesome site and thanks to them we get a lot of sales". He was extremely friendly and helpful and just wanted to talk games as he was ringing up the transaction (which went without a hitch). I feel bad for not checking his nametag but I was at the end of a 12hour workday and eager to get home :)

[quote name='TraBuch']LA Noire was originally 6 discs. Team Bondi had to work really hard to fit it onto three.[/QUOTE]

In an interview on 1up.com this weekend, the head of Team Bondi said two whole desks had to be cut (burglary & fraud) to shrink the game down.

If you notice when the Scottish homicide captain introduces you, he says you've been promoted from burglary, not traffic.

There's still a lot of content though, maybe not quite as much as GTA or RDR. I've played almost 8 hours and I've done about 1/2 of the cases and a little over 1/4 of the street crimes, ie side missions. Can't wait until PS Store is running so I can download my 2 free cases (PS3 exclusive one & Gamestop one.)

Ok, snagged my copy of Noire along with Grand Theft Auto Episodes from Liberty City without any hiccups.. Hit up the store in Arvada, CO.. Had Great service, just gave the guy my phone # before he rang anything up.. When he saw the total he was confused but was just like "wow, you got a great deal"... After using my points from my Killzone 3 purchase I got both games for $44 along with my $20 gaming coupon which I will be using on Infamous 2.. Great Experience!

19990 Telegraph Road, Detroit
Pretty poor experience, Plenty of copies of LA Noire and the guys there knew about the deal signed me up for rewards no problem but then after scanning Darksiders (which came up as $39.99) and Bayonetta (which came up as $19.99 but would not discount) manager came and said that his instructions say specifically 19.97 and below. I said that there is nothing marked below $19.99 in here, and he says that and there is no real way to figure out what the price is without scanning and that the prices are not necessary the same at every Kmart so I should probably just check the 33400 W 7 Mile Road, Livonia store.

Josh,

Just read your email. That is beyond generous compensation for me not getting a few of these past deals. I appreciate it and will continue to support K-Mart and your team.

So i picked up LAN (ps3) and metal slug anthology (wii), and bought some printer paper and fabric softener. Got MSA free, but no coupon. Someone had posted success at this store yesterday. I asked about the coupon, and cashier remembered everyone getting it yesterday.

Customer service took care of me with a return rebuy, and the coupon printed fine. Don't know why it didn't work to begin with.
Maybe i should not buy nongaming stuff in the same transaction as the gaming deal.

Looking forward to infamous 2, shadows of the damned, zelda and the deals that will go with them!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Josh,

Just read your email. That is beyond generous compensation for me not getting a few of these past deals. I appreciate it and will continue to support K-Mart and your team.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously! I didn't want to send another email for him to read through to thank him for fixing my issue yesterday with the free game deal with LA Noire. I know he must have a lot of emails he has to read through, so, I'll thank him on this forum and hope he sees it.

Thanks for being so generous and helpful, Josh! It's much appreciated! Thanks again!

same here for dj hero [quote name='mknlb50']DJ Hero PS3 Bundle rang up to $40, not $20. Can you change that?

Either way I picked up LA Noire + Assassin's Creed 2 for $62! Great deal.[/QUOTE]

Went to the KMart in Kent, WA and while the employees were great and really helpful, they didn't have any worthwhile PS3 games for $19.99, even games listed in the unofficial list on this site rang up in the scanner as more than $19.99. So unfortunately I had to leave without the deal. Still a good deal though for those who got it, looks like I'm sticking with my Best Buy preorder.

Went to store #7777. Tried to purchase LA NOIRE with the promo, cashier would not even ring it up. Period. Said the deal didn't work with someone earlier, and therefore wouldn't even try or ring up the game. I told her it was an advertised deal, but just to ring it up, she said nope, won't ring it up period unless I bring in a physical ad. I then informed her it was listed on the website, and could show her on my phone, and she said that doesn't count, has to be a physical ad. Waste of trip+lunch break. My coupons from the MK+Portal week deal are expiring as well.

This cashier has a history of causing trouble. Back when the FO:NV coasters came out, I tried to buy them, she wouldn't sell them to me. Said I wasn't entitled and didn't need to sell them to me. Had to get a Manager to force her to sell it to me. Even said outloud that kids are dumb for wasting money on games (slight paraphrase) when I was purchasing Transformers:WFC+Alan Wake with the coaster sets. She then went on a rant that she promised them to someone else (the coaster sets, and the store just opened for the day and was first day of the promo). Then also said I couldn't buy two of them, even though my brother was literally standing right there and it was for him. The manager rolled her eyes when she said that, and just told her to sell it to me.

Really am trying to support Kmart+Josh & co. by constantly getting in on deals and spreading the info to friends/coworkers/family.
But these customer service situations are nightmares, and it's been well over a year since the deals started taking effect.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Bravo sir. I'm continually amazed at the people who tell stories like this:

Asked the manager/employee about deal
Get told no
Leaving without even ringing the item up

Just... insane. Especially the Easton guy (come on Easton, represent better!) saying they lost a sale? Did you try to complete the transaction? Did the total come out wrong? What game was used?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the deal is for all kmarts i had the same issue with my kmart saying they didn't know what i was talking about, and when i tried ringing LA with Alen wake(19.99) it came out $84.72 and when i tried Spyro(19.97) the game came out free. So the OP should be corrected, instead of $19.99 games or below it should be games that are $19.97 and below.

Silly question again but bare with me please fellas: Is Portal 2 still 35 bucks?

Also, NY area over here, i did the deal yesterday everything went smoothly =D

My fiance who is out of town but coming back today was able to get me the deal I really wanted: LA Noire for PS3 with a free copy of Fire Emplem Radiant Dawn for Wii. So I'm very happy now. I was worried because she didn't really know what the deal was herself or anything about the games and didn't have her own SYWR card. But it all worked out fine. I also didn't expect her to find a Fire Emblem, but chances are that store hadn't updated the price stickers yet. I guess I really owe her now since her birthday was while she was out of town.

So I will either return the Xbox 360 copy I got here or sell it quick on eBay and make a few dollars.

Went to store #3396 gave the nice lady there my SYWR barcode image on my iphone to scan, LA Noire and Front Mission Evolved PS3 and ended up paying 64.86 after taxes and got the $20 coupon. The funny thing is on the receipt it says TOTAL SAVED: $30.02... and no matter how I do the math I can't figure out how I saved 30.02.. :D

Would have posted this last night, but was busy playing LA Noire :p

Yesterday after work, I picked up a PS3 copy of LA Noire with Yakuza 3 and $20 coupon with no issues. (The CAG in me is slightly pained to get a $14.99 game instead of a $19.99 game, but it's the

Are people still having issues even today? The wait is killing me but I really don't want to deal with things not working like it has for me so far.

Had success at the Lynchburg store, albeit a day late. The guy working there actually knew about the deal which was very refreshing. One quick note about the Nintendo select titles - I decided to get Mario Super Sluggers for me and my little boy to play and they had both the original packaging and the brand new one. The guy tried the original one first and it didn't work whereas the new one worked perfectly, so it seems the original barcodes weren't uploaded. This is fine by me as the packaging of these titles is BY FAR the best of the three consoles. Kudos to Nintendo for not changing the case or spine color.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Had success at the Lynchburg store, albeit a day late. The guy working there actually knew about the deal which was very refreshing. One quick note about the Nintendo select titles - I decided to get Mario Super Sluggers for me and my little boy to play and they had both the original packaging and the brand new one. The guy tried the original one first and it didn't work whereas the new one worked perfectly, so it seems the original barcodes weren't uploaded. This is fine by me as the packaging of these titles is BY FAR the best of the three consoles. Kudos to Nintendo for not changing the case or spine color.[/QUOTE]

Did the original ring up at $50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back