SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Please pick a story and stick with it.

We'd love to help you, but you went from it not working for some games to being told it was valid only yesterday, which is not true.[/QUOTE]

That is what really happened. Maybe the associate didn't know that it was valid until 5/21. I'm not making anything up if that is what you are insinuating.

You ready to laugh Josh? And by laugh I mean hide the children and women...A friend of mine just went to kmart I emailed you over..and guess what? The CSR told him "Our store is not participating in that program" per management.

He didn't buy anything or I'd email you a copy. He actually TRIED to redeem the offer but the electronics/video game person repeated the mantra the store was not participating in any LA Noire offers at this time.

Just thought you'd like a heads up

I just came back from purchasing LA Noire and had a similar experience:

Scanned SYWR card
Scanned LA Noire
Scanned Motorstorm Pacific Rift (On sale for 19.97) - didn't take. Manager said on sale games were not valid.
Went and picked out Hawx 2 to add to the order (stickered at 19.99) and it didn't take either.
Manager then rang up Hawx 2 for 0.01 to make it take then completed the transaction.
Coupon doesn't print.
Manager wonders if it was a 5/17 only deal and I show him the blog post.
Manager gives up, calls the front and sets me up with a $20 gift card right then and there for the future purchase.

All in all it sort of worked out other than getting an extra game(would have skipped the Hawx 2 purchase if Pacific Rift rang up / was eligible) since Jake tried his best to rectify the situation at the #4344 store.

I just wanted to post the details here for the feedback to Josh and crew.

[quote name='burger96']That's not true. Oblivion GOTY for the 360 has been $19.97 for a while. I picked up a copy with my $15 dollar coupon. And i know it's the GOTY because i flipped it to Amazon for $24.[/QUOTE]

It's not on the list of the MAY mark downs, but the others are. If this was a previous markdown, then my bad.

Seems unlikely that GOTY would hit one system but not the other either way, nevermind that the non-GOTY just dropped?

[quote name='voltanis99']That is what really happened. Maybe the associate didn't know that it was valid until 5/21. I'm not making anything up if that is what you are insinuating.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to go purchase the items. If the item rings up under $20 and it is not honored, finalize your transaction and then e-mail Josh to clear up the issue.

[quote name='DerClaw']Store 4720 still doesn't have LAN out and "they've not seen any of these" and I should check back tomorrow -- after a 30 minute wait for a person. Also think I got a red light camera ticket on the way back to work, since that KMart is in a crappy area I don't go to much and I wasn't paying attention (obviously not Kmart's fault, but if I get a ticket, it will make the experience seem even more annoying).

Email sent to the address in the 2nd post. Not sure the last time I've been to Kmart (or when I will go back) -- It's a shame, there were plenty of 19.99 games I'd have been happy to get too.[/QUOTE]

They are probably in a box in the back. Did the CSR look? I have had to tell them the release date was today (or yesterday) but they probably got them last week and they should have them. Especially if it's a popular game like this. I'm happy to wait while they look. ;)

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']I went to 2 kmarts to get L.A. Noire w/ Zelda Twilight Princess as my intended free $20 game but neither store had it :(. There really is no other < $20 game I am interested in right now. Does anyone know if this kind of deal can be price matched elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Gonna be tough to price match because there's no print ad for the deal.

Just pick up another game and trade/sell it. Then use that money to buy Zelda

I got LA Noire, the $20 coupon, and Mario Super Sluggers (Nintendo Selects Version) with no hassles. There was another guy buying 3 or 4 copies of LAN along with free games ahead of me.

I was thinking it might be someone from here. Were any of you at the K-mart in Joliet, IL around 2:00 today?

[quote name='KemperJones']I got LA Noire, the $20 coupon, and Mario Super Sluggers (Nintendo Selects Version) with no hassles. There was another guy buying 3 or 4 copies of LAN along with free games ahead of me.

I was thinking it might be someone from here. Were any of you at the K-mart in Joliet, IL around 2:00 today?[/QUOTE]

Supposed to only be two per person per rewards card, guessing he has multiple cards or is a reseller.

I went to KMart Store #3828 in Temecula, CA as it is close to my job. The guy working electronics knew all about the deal and said they keep the kmart gamer blog on one of their computers throughout the day. Super helpful and I was able to get the last PS3 copy of LA Noir plus Resonance of Fate and the 20 dollar coupon all for about 65 bucks. Super happy with the purchase and will use the same KMart again. Highly recommend the store for anyone in Southern California.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Having a hard time figuring what the hell to chain coupon into in July, like nothing coming out in July.[/QUOTE]

I'm using mine towards Alice: Madness Returns in June. Nothing else I'm really looking to get.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Having a hard time figuring what the hell to chain coupon into in July, like nothing coming out in July.[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2
Duke Nukem Forever (no really)
Red Faction:Armageddon
F.3.A.R.
Call of Juarez:The Cartel

This is at least according to metacritic

I am going with Michael Phelps:push the Limit personally...$25 coupon and a free game right Josh;)

Oops...those are June...you are right July is dead in the water

Maybe we will get a general software coupon in July for older titles like the $60 for $120 purchase deal?

[quote name='confoosious']When I get a chance, I'll combine the feb and may drops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, without a link to the old threads it makes it difficult to find.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Infamous 2
F.3.A.R.

I am going with Michael Phelps:push the Limit personally...$25 coupon and a free game right Josh;)

Maybe we will get a general software coupon in July for older titles like the $60 for $120 purchase deal?[/QUOTE]

Possibly. I know that's when retailers like to clear inventory so they offer incentives to buying "more" and getting more discounts. Selling 4 games at 29.99 but giving away 2 is A LOT better than being forced to sell them at 19.99 and selling six. Same math, better perceived value and customer satisfaction. Big box retailers are always conducting studies or research how to get games to sell in the 29.99 to 49.99 window so after release they don't sit on so much inventory it has to get price drops to move.

No joy at the Seattle Kmart, alas. They had sold out of LA Noire yesterday, and weren't expecting more copies for a couple of weeks.

I had $60 worth of coupons from last month that I had to use, so I wound up spending them on PSN cards. Pretty disappointed.

Ok the answer has to be in here somewhere, but I didnt look enough. Is Rock Band 3 $20 now in store? Kmarts site has it for $50 so I'm not sure and its not on the list in the OP (that I see).
Thanks in advance!

Just got back from the Anaheim KMart (#3363), and had no problems. Picked up L.A. Noire and Dante's Inferno: Devine Edition for PS3 (the selection of eligible games was lacking). I had the $15 coupon from the Portal 2/MK deal and another $15 coupon from Lego Pirates (I used my $45 coupon on that game).

So for $32.61 I got both games and a $20 coupon for Duke Nukem next month.

Went to Store 3834 in Burbank, Ca today around noon and was helped by Miguel. He was extremely helpful and courteous. He knew of the deal and when I wanted to know if a game qualified for the free game with LA Noire and he was happy to go get it and check the price for me. I filled out the paperwork for the card and was on my way one happy camper. I got Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet for the 360 and LA Noire 360. Worked like a charm.

I've never purchased a game from KMart in my adult life, after having bad experiences when I was a kid, but this one transaction made me want to come back. With deals like these, I totally see going back there again.

[quote name='TheKing']Just got back from the Anaheim KMart (#3363), and had no problems. Picked up L.A. Noire and Dante's Inferno: Devine Edition for PS3 (the selection of eligible games was lacking). I had the $15 coupon from the Portal 2/MK deal and another $15 coupon from Lego Pirates (I used my $45 coupon on that game).

So for $32.61 I got both games and a $20 coupon for Duke Nukem next month.[/QUOTE]

How bad was the selection of PS3 games. I am planning on getting there on Friday. Did you see any copies of Resonance of Fate, or even better, SOCOM Confrontation with blu tooth headset?

I would hazard a guess that there are alot of CAGs in the area (lots of FW/SD people I have run into randomly).

Hey Josh

I tried to use my $45 1 time use coupon & got this:

Redemption Limit Reached!!! (there was another line below this, I don't remember that)

This is my wife's sywr card & never used a $45 coupon in her card (redeemed 2 using my card)
I'm sure I haven't used this coupon (same number) as all my previously redeemed coupons were put inside the kmart billing counter

My q is why did I get this & is there a limit on using the coupons (though I haven't redeemed any coupons using my wife's card). Please let me know what do I do? Also did the lady try to use it before hitting total?

And also did anyone else get this error as well?

Thanks

[quote name='harish7447']Hey Josh

Redemption Limit Reached!!! (there was another line below this, I don't remember that)

This is my wife's sywr card & never used a $45 coupon in her card (redeemed 2 using my card)
I'm sure I haven't used this coupon (same number) as all my previously redeemed coupons were put inside the kmart billing counter

My q is why did I get this & is there a limit on using the coupons (though I haven't redeemed any coupons using my wife's card). Please let me know what do I do? Also did the lady try to use it before hitting total?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The coupons have to be redeemed with the account that earned them. So if you used your SYWR card to earn the 3 $45 coupons you have then that's the problem. If you used your card to earn 2 of the coupons and used them using your card later...and then earned one using your wife's card and then tried to redeem it today with your wife's card then I have no idea and that is very strange. Are your wife and your cards actually different accounts or just 2 cards utilizing the same account?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Infamous 2
F.3.A.R.

Maybe we will get a general software coupon in July for older titles like the $60 for $120 purchase deal?[/QUOTE]

Red Faction releases in May and you're missing Alice and Shadows of the Damned, June is a very good month, July is just, nothing.

My current plan is LA Noire>Hunted>Shadows of The Damned>InFamous>Alice

First time poster.... long time reader... Enjoyed reading these posts for the past couple days. Wanted to share my experience. Went in late Tue knowing the issues all you guys had and in the end everything worked out. I went in tracked down LA Noir in a side case then went to the other cases to see what $19.99 games they had. This killed me, I feel for some of you because here in Key West we had almost every single cheapo game you would have wanted. Actually considering going back for a few of these $20 games. The guy who helped me was Jamican and outside of Madden had no idea what video games were. I explained the deal to him just to help out anyone else who might follow in my footsteps. Was a pretty crazy experience, we tried 3 games with only Singularity ringing up free. Then he actually got excited and suggested trying more. We ended up testing a total of 9 games. What I think may be the big thing with this deal is cross platform problems, basicly you buy LAN on Ps3 and try with a 360 game it doesn't fly. I tried on PS3: Singularity, Enslaved, Create, Kung Fu Rider all good to go. Xbox: Alan Wake, Singularity, ROF, Metro, Frontlines all no go. I ended up with LAN & Create for my kid. The guy said I should be working there and then offered to send me to customer service to check out.... but thats like going to the dead letter office at the post office. Also, most all the games I tried were stickered at $59.99 so don't let that throw you off.

Anyone know if Borderlands was supposed to be discounted, priced and marked at $39.99 here

Josh, once again a rock solid deal... with a few hiccups nothing anyone can really cry about. Kmartgamer.com is money.... keep it going, you are giving amazon a run for their money.

New Red Faction + Infamous 2 comming... those are going to be two amazing titles folks!

Picked up :ps3: LA Noire, got the $20 coupon and :360: Naughty Bear as the free game with no issues at store #4743. Used a $15 coupon and $20 gift card to make it $29 for 2 games + $20 coupon...thanks Josh! Not sure when I will actually play LA Noire though since The Witcher 2 has its hooks in me.

As for July, the only thing remotely interesting to me is Captain America. I watched a lengthy video of the game and it looks like it has potential.

I knew LA Noire was on 3 disks for the 360 but forgot Lost Odyssey was on 4. When I picked up the bag yesterday it felt like I had 3-4 games in there! Thanks for the awesome deal again.

[quote name='Killbomb']As for July, the only thing remotely interesting to me is Captain America. I watched a lengthy video of the game and it looks like it has potential.[/QUOTE]
I agree. The gameplay mechanics consist of more than just random punching and kicking. The tactical sense was the thing that I liked the most. It's sort of how I think Spider-Man's spider-sense should have been pulled off.

America, fuck yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']

Josh, once again a rock solid deal... with a few hiccups nothing anyone can really cry about. Kmartgamer.com is money.... keep it going, you are giving amazon a run for their money.

New Red Faction + Infamous 2 comming... those are going to be two amazing titles folks![/QUOTE]

You aren't even giving the deals enough credit! They are blowing Amazon out of the water on some of them, I realize Amazon price matches most of the straight coupons - but as far as I know they didn't match the points card deals, the free Yakuza 3 with Yakuza 4, or this latest L.A. Noire deal. I've bought basically all my games recently at KMART thanks to the recent deals and coupons (Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2, Yakuza 4 and 3, Portal 2, Socom 4, L.A. Noire etc). Frankly I have gotten so many games at KMART lately I'm not even looking at much else right now because I need to catch up!!! But obviously I still need to use my coupon before it expires.

The only exception to KMART is I picked up Saw II from Newegg for $14.99, just because the 1st one never got down to this price and I'm affraid it might just get cleared out before it gets any cheaper. Last year I bought almost all my games at Amazon, but so far this year I've moved over to KMART almost exclusively.

Just want to put this out there. LAN deal at KMart is going to be a major contender for the CAG Award this year for best gaming promotion. I won't go so far as to say it'll win the category since I can't begin to guess what Josh will have in store for the remainder of the year.

Please reconsider your hesitance to try this kind of thing again. We're all loving the prospect of grabbing a free $20 game with a solid premiere release. Those of us with adequate selection, anyway.

Store # 7058 knew nothing about the deal. Some kid was working in electronics and said he'd have to walk me to the front with the game. I figured I'd have problems then. Handed cashier my rewards card first, then she rang up Noire first and my free game, Monster Hunter Tri, second. Tri was a 19.99 game, so I figured it wouldn't work. Sure enough, total came to about $89 (I had soap too....can't stink at work). I told the cashier that wasn't right and that the 19.99 should be free. She called over a manager (probably a shift manager or something....not the store manager, at any rate...at least I hope not).

Manager knew nothing about it or the game. She called someone on a radio and asked them. Couldn't even pronounce "Noire". Even asked what that word was at one point. I pulled up this thread on CAG, but could not get the kmartgamerblog on my phone. I showed the cashier, she had me show the manager. She asked, "What am I looking at"? I wanted to say something smart, but decided to point out the deal instead. She said she saw nothing linking the deal to Kmart. I pointed out the kmartgamerblog link. After about 15 or 20 minutes of holding up customers at the front (the manager was ringing people up at customer service), the manager ok's voiding out the 19.99 game and ringing it up as .01. Coupon printed out and I was able to leave with Noire, Tri, and the coupon....soap too, as it was the most important purchase. :)

I am really glad people are able to get their free game when the deal seems to not be ringing up but I wonder how this will effect Josh's ability to track the success of the promotion. I guess he will be able to look at LA Noire sales for these 5 days specifically but I am not sure how these alternative ring ups are handled by accounting.

Hopefully Josh can do a great price drop ($29.99-$34.99)on some of the newer titles(wwe allstars, P2, C2, MK, LAN, Brink) from now until the coupons expire. That would be awesome.

I actually thought about that yesterday after I picked up my games. Not really interested in any of the summer titles coming out.

[quote name='Killbomb']Picked up :ps3: LA Noire, got the $20 coupon and :360: Naughty Bear as the free game with no issues at store #4743. Used a $15 coupon and $20 gift card to make it $29 for 2 games + $20 coupon...thanks Josh! Not sure when I will actually play LA Noire though since The Witcher 2 has its hooks in me.

As for July, the only thing remotely interesting to me is Captain America. I watched a lengthy video of the game and it looks like it has potential.[/QUOTE]

Does one need to play the first The Witcher to understand the second? I'm quite tempted to get in on this cause it looks great but I never played the first.

Josh, I sent you an email about getting turned away on this deal.

Anyways, I went to Store #4043 and left empty handed. I had LAN/Enslaved and gave the cashier my number for the rewards card. The cashier totaled everything up, but Enslaved was not discounted. I figured now I had to tell the employee about the deal in the hopes that he would know about it and fix everything. Well, he said that I had to use the $20 coupon on the other game to get it free.

I showed him the blog reference in the ad, so he called over the manager. To my surprise, the manger said he knew about the deal. I figured that was great and everything would get manually adjusted. Not exactly... The manager said that he tried the deal earlier and it did not work, so therefore it would not work this time.

I am confused why a manager would know about the deal, but then not even try to manually make it work.

[quote name='harish7447']Hey Josh

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssr']The coupons have to be redeemed with the account that earned them. So if you used your SYWR card to earn the 3 $45 coupons you have then that's the problem. If you used your card to earn 2 of the coupons and used them using your card later...and then earned one using your wife's card and then tried to redeem it today with your wife's card then I have no idea and that is very strange. Are your wife and your cards actually different accounts or just 2 cards utilizing the same account?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. But is that true? cos I redeemed the 3 $15 coupons (2 printed on my card & 1 printed on my wife's) using my card alone. Maybe I will try to use my card to redeem tommorow.
Just want to confirm that the coupon can be redeemed only using the same sywr card.

I don't know what it is about the store by me, but they're poorly informed about any and all video game promotions. I had a TERRIBLE experience. Before I go into it, Josh has been awesome throughout any problems I've had going above and beyond my expectations, I wish it trickled all the way down to the store level.

If you can, AVOID the Dover, NJ K-Mart, Store 4397 at all costs, if a promotion doesn't ring up correctly, they get defensive and argumentative. I went to go buy L.A. Noire for the PS3 and also pick up Enslaved for PS3 as my $19.99 game. No one was in the electronics section and I had to wait an extended period of time for help after seeking someone at the customer service desk. After someone finally came, I ask them about the promotion, they had no idea about it, no big deal. I figured it would come out at the register.

I'm brought up front to the register where the games don't total out correctly. So the Assistant manager comes over and insists that only a coupon is supposed to print out for a later date. I pull up the KMart gamer blog and show him the promotion and he tries to change it to saying it's one or the other. At this point, I'm trying to explain it to him and he keeps talking over me, Unfornately, I lost my cool and started raising my voice and he starts yelling back in my face. I keep saying that he should call the corporate number or research it and find out why it isn't totalling up correctly and he proceeds to tell me that "he doesn't have time for that" So he disappears somewhere for a while and I overhear the customer service people making fun of me for raising a stink about the promotion in question. He comes back and tries to ring it through on a different register and it still doesn't go through, but he finally gives up and just price overrides it for me.

I just don't understand why it has to be this difficult to take advantage of these promotions, I seriously want to give KMart my business, but just keep finding it more and more difficult to do so. I'm seriously very frustrated and if I wasn't a fighter would've just walked out without anything.

[quote name='voteccow']I don't know what it is about the store by me, but they're poorly informed about any and all video game promotions. I had a TERRIBLE experience. Before I go into it, Josh has been awesome throughout any problems I've had going above and beyond my expectations, I wish it trickled all the way down to the store level.

If you can, AVOID the Dover, NJ K-Mart, Store 4397 at all costs, if a promotion doesn't ring up correctly, they get defensive and argumentative. I went to go buy L.A. Noire for the PS3 and also pick up Enslaved for PS3 as my $19.99 game. No one was in the electronics section and I had to wait an extended period of time for help after seeking someone at the customer service desk. After someone finally came, I ask them about the promotion, they had no idea about it, no big deal. I figured it would come out at the register.

I'm brought up front to the register where the games don't total out correctly. So the Assistant manager comes over and insists that only a coupon is supposed to print out for a later date. I pull up the KMart gamer blog and show him the promotion and he tries to change it to saying it's one or the other. At this point, I'm trying to explain it to him and he keeps talking over me, Unfornately, I lost my cool and started raising my voice and he starts yelling back in my face. I keep saying that he should call the corporate number or research it and find out why it isn't totalling up correctly and he proceeds to tell me that "he doesn't have time for that" So he disappears somewhere for a while and I overhear the customer service people making fun of me for raising a stink about the promotion in question. He comes back and tries to ring it through on a different register and it still doesn't go through, but he finally gives up and just price overrides it for me.

I just don't understand why it has to be this difficult to take advantage of these promotions, I seriously want to give KMart my business, but just keep finding it more and more difficult to do so. I'm seriously very frustrated and if I wasn't a fighter would've just walked out without anything.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks. I just got back from there not too long ago. Got L.A. Noire and Tales of Vesperia no problem.

I ended up returning my original purchase at Parsippany since Oblivion GOTY 360 wasn't ringing up for free and the associate didn't really care much about the deal. I rushed to the Big K-Mart in Dover and everything rang up okay

[quote name='tosu']I am confused why a manager would know about the deal, but then not even try to manually make it work.[/QUOTE]
'Cause he ain't Josh Deane. That's why.

It's like, "Yeah, I know about the deals... (he takes another glance at the reference to the blog and your games) (then very quietly locks himself in his office)"

I have to say this is my first go round in reference to K-Mart's game deals, and after seeing the other deals past, I am so sold. Thanks again!

[quote name='voteccow']I don't know what it is about the store by me, but they're poorly informed about any and all video game promotions. I had a TERRIBLE experience. Before I go into it, Josh has been awesome throughout any problems I've had going above and beyond my expectations, I wish it trickled all the way down to the store level.

I just don't understand why it has to be this difficult to take advantage of these promotions, I seriously want to give KMart my business, but just keep finding it more and more difficult to do so. I'm seriously very frustrated and if I wasn't a fighter would've just walked out without anything.[/QUOTE]
I have to check my words and remember what I can I can't say.....

I will say I just put a fist through my wall. Please email me.

[quote name='tosu']Josh, I sent you an email about getting turned away on this deal.

Anyways, I went to Store #4043 and left empty handed. I had LAN/Enslaved and gave the cashier my number for the rewards card. The cashier totaled everything up, but Enslaved was not discounted. I figured now I had to tell the employee about the deal in the hopes that he would know about it and fix everything. Well, he said that I had to use the $20 coupon on the other game to get it free.

I showed him the blog reference in the ad, so he called over the manager. To my surprise, the manger said he knew about the deal. I figured that was great and everything would get manually adjusted. Not exactly... The manager said that he tried the deal earlier and it did not work, so therefore it would not work this time.

I am confused why a manager would know about the deal, but then not even try to manually make it work.[/QUOTE]
Hogyfufgdiuhsjgsoibhgigohgsuhgstfwuhgshgwjlhgslugsuhgsuyw

That is what I think about that ridiculousness.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hopefully Josh can do a great price drop ($29.99-$34.99)on some of the newer titles(wwe allstars, P2, C2, MK, LAN, Brink) from now until the coupons expire. That would be awesome.

I actually thought about that yesterday after I picked up my games. Not really interested in any of the summer titles coming out.[/QUOTE]
June looks great from a deal perspective

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am really glad people are able to get their free game when the deal seems to not be ringing up but I wonder how this will effect Josh's ability to track the success of the promotion. I guess he will be able to look at LA Noire sales for these 5 days specifically but I am not sure how these alternative ring ups are handled by accounting.[/QUOTE]
It actually should be ok

[quote name='DPsycho']Just want to put this out there. LAN deal at KMart is going to be a major contender for the CAG Award this year for best gaming promotion. I won't go so far as to say it'll win the category since I can't begin to guess what Josh will have in store for the remainder of the year.

Please reconsider your hesitance to try this kind of thing again. We're all loving the prospect of grabbing a free $20 game with a solid premiere release. Those of us with adequate selection, anyway.[/QUOTE]
I'll definitely evaluate it, it was meant as a stunner but I almost didn't make it through this one

[quote name='harish7447']Thanks for your reply. But is that true? cos I redeemed the 3 $15 coupons (2 printed on my card & 1 printed on my wife's) using my card alone. Maybe I will try to use my card to redeem tommorow.
Just want to confirm that the coupon can be redeemed only using the same sywr card.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can't say for certain. That's how it's supposed to work at least. But if we're being completely honest, each deal is supposed to be a limit of 2 per person and I doubt very much the intention of SYWR cards was to sign each person in the house up for one in order to take advantage of deals.

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake'] What I think may be the big thing with this deal is cross platform problems, basicly you buy LAN on Ps3 and try with a 360 game it doesn't fly. [/QUOTE]

Cross platform shouldn't be an issue. I grabbed L.A.N on the ps3 and Metro 2033 on the 360 and didn't have any problems.

[quote name='Killbomb']As for July, the only thing remotely interesting to me is Captain America. I watched a lengthy video of the game and it looks like it has potential.[/QUOTE]

Really does look like it may be good. The combat system reminds me a bit of Batman AA's system. Hopefully they pull it off.

[quote name='Agent Orange']You aren't even giving the deals enough credit! They are blowing Amazon out of the water ... I've bought basically all my games recently at KMART thanks to the recent deals and coupons.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much been making my new release purchases exclusively at Kmart since last year. Josh has even got me to buy titles I wouldn't grab right away because of the deal he lined up.

[quote name='DPsycho']Just want to put this out there. LAN deal at KMart is going to be a major contender for the CAG Award this year for best gaming promotion. [/QUOTE]

While this is a good deal, I'd still say the "but $120 get $60 in coupons" during the Portal Kombat launch week to be the best so far. Josh even included the PSN/xbla cards deal to make it work better

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back