SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn you, SHC. I may have to forgo my personal boycott against Kmart/Sears and actually buy LA NOIRE this week with this deal, assuming the local Kmart stores actually have any $20 PS3 games worth a damn(IE Oblivion GOTY or Socom bundle) and actually know about this deal(good luck).

Now if only you guys would get that game trading program out of beta testing and actually get it going nationwide.;) Cuz spending credit on games is more appealing to me than using real money.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the darkside.

Why is every electronics department not informed about these KmartGamer deals? I went in and the guy basically told me he had no idea how to ring it up, that it had failed for someone earlier. It took an extra 15-20mins to find a Manager and have them ring it. Also the game case was a mess, and he wouldn't look up if he had a specific title for me.

Great customer service at my Kmart in North Hollywood. I got Quantum Theory along with LA Noire thinking it had Co-op, but when i found out it doesn't, i exchanged it hassle free for a non greatest hits version of Demon Souls.

Email update: As of 1:53a.m. every customer who has reached out via email has been helped or I have requested additional information. If you have not received a response please resend as I do not have it

[quote name='aznhero913']Welcome to the darkside.[/QUOTE]
Nah. I'd most likely immediately use the $20 coupon on either a $19.99 game or a $20 PSN card since there's really nothing else coming out anytime soon that I wanna even be bothered with saving the coupon for.

[quote name='volt1up']Give this man a medal.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Amazing deal, Josh, and even better follow-through on any issues cropping up with it. :applause:

No issues here, though. Had an easy shopping experience at my local Kmart (#3220). Went in and picked out my $20 game first, then found an employee to get L.A. Noire out of the case for me. While there was a slight issue getting the free game to ring through, Roger (I believe that was his name -- I made a mental note of it earlier, but that was also 12+ hours ago and before work) was already aware of the deal -and- the potential issue in the system. I didn't have to tell him a thing; he went right ahead and called a manager to get the approval to ring everything through as needed, and I got my games and my $20 coupon all in under 5 minutes.

Very hassle-free experience. It's so nice when the employees have been made aware of deals like this.

Going tomorrow to get LA Noire, lets all give Josh a big hug so he wont be too discouraged to do something this awesome for everyone again :)

went to a different kmart tonight to try to get a free game because earlier my girlfriend got a copy of LA Noire but without the free game (it didn't work earlier). the staff had no idea, although they were nice about it, we thought it may have been the rewards membership not being fully activated. so we returned our copy of LA Noire and tried to repurchase it with a free game with our rewards membership, but nope. kinda disheartening that this promotion wasn't fully implemented. we might try again later this week, maybe not.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. I'd most likely immediately use the $20 coupon on either a $19.99 game or a $20 PSN card since there's really nothing else coming out anytime soon that I wanna even be bothered with saving the coupon for.[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind Josh said that some these recently released titles(P2, C2, WWE, etc..) will be on sale ($30-$35) in June.

[quote name='nakanenui']How bad was the selection of PS3 games. I am planning on getting there on Friday. Did you see any copies of Resonance of Fate, or even better, SOCOM Confrontation with blu tooth headset?

I would hazard a guess that there are alot of CAGs in the area (lots of FW/SD people I have run into randomly).[/QUOTE]

When I say the selection was lacking, I was speaking more from a personal perspective. They have a full case of games, but between the mislabeled prices and having the entire bottom shelf blocked by PS3 systems didn't help in finding many winners. They didn't have the SOCOM bundle, not sure about Resonance Of Fate.

Other stuff I did see, but didn't pick up included Naughty Bear, Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring, Borderlands, BioShock 1 and 2, Rock Band: Green Day, Prototype, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY. Then there was stuff like Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Ghostbusters.

[quote name='Ray5555']\

Wow you got a response in 3 minutes. I sent a email about how my game from kmart.com came. The box was severly damaged, the shrink wrap on the game basically fell off when the game fellout out of the damaged box into my lap. Even the xbox seal was damaged, as well as the spine of the game. I am still waiting for a response. Go figure :cry:[/QUOTE]

Honestly you should have probably first gone to their website customer service to complain about how your packaging arrived (IMO).

Josh probably will take care of you too, i doubt he skipped you intentionally. It sounds like he is dealing with a boatload of issues because of this weeks amazing, albeit somewhat "complicated", deal. But most all of them discussed on here are the same issue, where the promotion isn't working IN-STORE. It isn't ringing up properly at the point of sale. That's what 99% of these complaints are, either the game isn't stocked in store or the "free game" isn't printing, or certain stores taking it upon themselves to "not participate".

The packaging of the item I'm sure is concerning to Josh since it is an item from his department, and I'm sure he doesn't like to see his company handling things like that overall, but my opinion is that this problem is one that should 1st have been taken up with the KMART.com website. Send them the pictures and voice your extreme displeasure, and see where it goes from there. Hell I know if I received a package like that of the "Suave Box" image I would be searching for the email address of the CEO of the company to send him the pictures, it's THAT bad. Packaging like that is grossly unacceptable from a major corporate web operation. I hope for KMART's sake that was just a terrible fluke or something.

A buddy and I went and got the LA Noire deal with the free $20 game last night. Had a little trouble with the people at the store not knowing about the deal, and of course mine didn't ring up right at first. We had to go to the customer service desk and show the person there that it was on their website. She then called a manager and he said that he was aware of it, after which she made the deal work for me. My friend's actually rang up correctly without issue. All in all the process took us about 30-45 mins.

Kind of strange. Went to my local store in Erlanger - the young guy posted in the Electronics section knew about the deal and was hyped for it, recommended some games to pick out too (I ended up going with Enslaved. I already own it so I'm giving it to my brother as a present. Can't buy that game enough). We go to the register, he puts in my reward card number, and scans stuff and the deal won't come up. I told him the experiences I'd read about on here so he tries going to the total section and it still doesn't come up. He says if I can show him the blog post he'll just manually adjust the price.

So I show him the post and he's like "Oh, I thought it was PS3 only but it says here it's all of them, so let me get a manager." Manager comes over and is like, "We don't do online deals in-store." I had to explain to them it's actually an in-store only deal, but advertised online. So the manager guy fixes the price and reminds me "We usually don't do online deals." So I got it anyway without much hassle.

Big thanks to Daniel at the Erlanger Kmart for explaining the deal to his manager and defending me to get the sale, and big thanks to Josh for keeping up the awesome deals! Can't wait to see what the deals for Infamous 2 are!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll definitely evaluate it, it was meant as a stunner but I almost didn't make it through this one[/QUOTE]
I can only imagine the difficulties in dealing with this promo but I'd like to echo other CAG's sentiments.
The LA Noire deal is a great promo and I hope you will consider doing it again and hopefully throughout the year.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Hey Josh, any word on that Dynasty Warriors 7 deal for this month yet? My store only has one copy left, so I hope it is soon.[/QUOTE]

Ooooh... DW7....

I am curious about the way kmart managers insist that they are right when all signs point to their failure to comprehend at every turn.

"must be online only"
"truck didn't come in yet"
"what we have is in the case"
"we aren't honoring this deal"
"we don't accept those coupons"
"we didn't get it"

These are all things that managers and store employees should not be allowed to say. All these mean is "I don't have/want to take the time to figure out my own store policies so I'm going to say something to make you go away"

I wonder if they treat other departments like this or if it's only electronics because they figure it's a luxury purchase and these damn kids don't need these videogames anyway.

I only ask because every single time i've been to kmart since these deals started to buy non-videogame related stuff, they've been extremely friendly and helpful even when the advertised sales didn't ring up correctly. I actually like going there for everyday stuff because they're nicer than a target or walmart. Why the attitude shift when it comes to buying games?

Went to kmart last night and picked up LA Noire using my $45 gaming coupon from spending $120 on points cards and psn cards. I got singularity for ps3 for free and $20 gaming coupon printed out as well. Out of pocket expense was $15.89 and I left very happy. Lots of games had been moved out of the cabinets onto the cheap section shelf and lots marked down to $19.97. I was thinking of getting wario smooth moves because it was marked $19.97 but was afraid to attempt to get it as the free game. Also they had all 4 of the nintendo select titles there as well. Had to walk up to the service desk to get someone back there to get LA Noire out of the case but no biggy. Once again thanks Josh for making it possible for me to get a great game like this on release :)

[quote name='preston181']Got my ODST! I bought LA Noire yesterday, and had to settle for Dead Space as my freebie, as they didn't have ODST in stock. Left my number in the off chance they got it.

Well, they got it in today, and called me. The manager let me exchange Dead Space for ODST, and best of all let me keep the 2nd $20 coupon that printed out during the exchange, (Yes, I was honest and pointed out that I had already received my coupon. He said to keep it).

So, woot for me! Got LA Noire, Halo ODST for free, and two $20 coupons. Best deal ever! I'll probably get a $50 MS point card with the coupons, and use them on Halo ODST and Reach map packs.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming you did a return re-buy to get ODST. If that's the case, only one coupon (I believe the 2nd) is valid. These coupons are attached to your SYWR card. I wouldn't try to use both if I were you.

Went in to pick up my copy of L.A. Noire with no problem. My biggest problem was finding a 19.99 game, in the end it came down to Singularity vs. Dantes Inferno Divine Ed vs. Spiderman web of Shadows so i went with Spidey. On a funny note i left my receipt/GC out when speeding back home to play and it flew out the window...can anyone tell me if i can print off my digital copy and use that? Anyhow thanks Josh this deal absolutely smashed all other chains deals!

Yeah if your account is flagged and it is determined they think you are abusing the coupons, your account will be terminated and you can no longer take advantage of the deals.

Showed up at K-Mart Tuesday when the doors opened, and found no one in electronics. Got someone paged and it took 10 minutes for them to show up; spent the time picking out my $20 game and went with Metro 2033. I asked for L.A. Noire, and got told they didn't have it in stock. I politely insisted that it must be in stock, as it was the release day. The associate said he worked last night and knew it wasn't in stock. I kindly asked if he could just check in the back for it. Reluctantly he left, was gone for another 20 minutes, and returned empty-handed. I asked if he had any idea when they may come in, and he said to check back on Friday. I'm not sure if he just pulled that day out of the air or what, but I put back Metro and just left. This would have been an awesome deal, but I took Tuesday off to get me some L.A. Noire time in, so I ended up going to Best Buy. Sorry K-Mart, I tried.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Hey Josh, any word on that Dynasty Warriors 7 deal for this month yet? My store only has one copy left, so I hope it is soon.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I still wanna know about the DW7 deal too Josh (with these rapidly expiring MK deal coupons!), but I figured it was best to wait for this hectic week to calm down for you. (Glad things turned out well, too!)

Still wondering if I could exchange for the difference, after using gaming coupons to buy, if I get it before the deal goes on. Also, would the game need to be unopened to get the difference, of can I happily play it, and then just get the diff anyway?

Once again, thanks for your time!

Wish there was a deal on DW7 and WWE for 30 bucks on the same week, lol. Been waiting to get both of them so long. Very glad to see they'll both be getting deals within a months time of each other, though!

Happy to report it worked for me :)

Went to the K Mart on the 5th St Highway in Reading, PA, after being told "the deal wasn't valid" at the K Mart in Shillington, PA.

They had better $20 games, wound up going with Eternal Sonata for free.

Can't say I'm unhappy with that, as it's a game I've been wanting to play.

i dont happen to have a k mart rewards card / Can you get this in store and activate them immediately or do they have to send them by mail ???

At my Kmart they insisted there was no free game, but you would get a $20 coupon if you buy LA Noire and another $20 game. lol

I ended up getting the free game after some convincing. I got Singularity because the Metro 2023 that was there was nowhere to be found

[quote name='Mcast']i dont happen to have a k mart rewards card / Can you get this in store and activate them immediately or do they have to send them by mail ???[/QUOTE]

There are two ways to sign up for the SYWR card - in store or online. If you do it in store, you can do it just before you make the purchase and you will get your card right then. If you do it online, it could take a long time to get the card, but you should be able to use the phone number you apply with as a temporary card.

My only beef with this entire deal, was that my K Mart didn't have the $29.97 games knock3d down to $20 yet.. I really wanted Resonance of Fate, but wound up with Eternal Sonata instead.

[quote name='SAVertigo']My only beef with this entire deal, was that my K Mart didn't have the $29.97 games knock3d down to $20 yet.. I really wanted Resonance of Fate, but wound up with Eternal Sonata instead.[/QUOTE]

The Resonance of Fate game still should have rung up at 19.97 even if it was stickered higher. The copy I got with LA Noire was stickered at 59.99 and still showed up as 19.97.

[quote name='affa']This seems to be a problem at many kmarts. My local kmart has a very similar employee. She's done several things that, normally, would make me never go back to the store again, but I can't resist Josh's deals. I've never reported this person because I don't want to be responsible for someone getting fired in this economy... it's just too potentially devastating. Thankfully, another employee at the same store is absolutely amazing, so I just cross my fingers before entering the store.[/QUOTE]

I know its probably that short old lady in store 7777. I've overheard her say something similar at the end of last year when i went to buy kirby and metroid together to some customer when I was buying.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']The Resonance of Fate game still should have rung up at 19.97 even if it was stickered higher. The copy I got with LA Noire was stickered at 59.99 and still showed up as 19.97.[/QUOTE]
Same for me as well. The clerk was shocked to see the 59.99 game ring up as 19.97 and it was in the display case too.

picked up two copies of LA Noire, 2 copies of Resonance of Fate, and 2 $20 gaming coupons last night for just over $120 total!

[quote name='Maineavalanche']The Resonance of Fate game still should have rung up at 19.97 even if it was stickered higher. The copy I got with LA Noire was stickered at 59.99 and still showed up as 19.97.[/QUOTE]

Same here. RoF marked at 59.99, but rang up correctly. I thought it was odd, because they clearly added about 75% of the recent drops to the budget bin, but left the other 25% marked at full retail. Go figure.

[quote name='boogie4114']I know its probably that short old lady in store 7777. I've overheard her say something similar at the end of last year when i went to buy kirby and metroid together to some customer when I was buying.[/QUOTE]

No, the clerk my wife and I've learned to avoid works in Portland.

[quote name='juas003']... they "tried" to find out about the offer in the kmartgamer.com site but they just couldnt get the system to cooperate which made them weary of it being an online deal only and/or fake since it was a "blog"....[/QUOTE]

This is so ridiculous, considering when you go to KMARTGamer.com, it takes you the URL http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/tags/Kmartgamer. Any CAGs who get the cold shoulder from associates or managers need to point this out! It's clearly part of the KMART Web site.

Also, as others have mentioned, and I've posted before, KMARTGamer.com is advertised RIGHT in the KMART circular!! It pays to know your facts when you go in for these deals.

[quote name='confoosious']so we're supposed to help you out so you can clean out all the local kmarts of the good games and resell them?

hmmm... that doesn't sound like a good idea to me?

by the way, was your signature gif created with MS Paint for Windows 3.1?[/QUOTE]
suppose to be 8 bit, and I am the only shopper that uses the promos in my area. So I shop for 10 people. Bringing them business. There were 8 fire emblems at one store. Explain that? Anyway wasn't like you where going to buy anything anyway. Most people who brought L.A. Nore got a ps3 or a xbox game as there second.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']On a funny note i left my receipt/GC out when speeding back home to play and it flew out the window...can anyone tell me if i can print off my digital copy and use that? Anyhow thanks Josh this deal absolutely smashed all other chains deals![/QUOTE]

Yeah. I got L.A. Noire + free game, but no coupon printed for me. But, I did get the digital coupon in my email almost immediately. Josh said that there should be absolutely no issue printing it out and using it. That's what they're designed for, literally, as the email says "for your convenience."

Josh did tell me that he stands behind his deals 100% and to let him know if I have any problems using the digital coupon.

[quote name='Dnell']suppose to be 8 bit, and I am the only shopper that uses the promos in my area. So I shop for 10 people. Bringing them business. There were 8 fire emblems at one store. Explain that? Anyway wasn't like you where going to buy anything anyway. Most people who brought L.A. Nore got a ps3 or a xbox game as there second.[/QUOTE]

You really should never presume what people will buy together.

kmart1.jpg

People have been settling for Saboteur and might have wanted FE instead. Maybe in a store you cleaned out?

Although to be fair, that was for my brother in law. I already have 2 copies of Fire Emblem for the collection. It's too bad I can't find Path of Radiance at Kmart. Now that would be a score.

(oh, just so noone thinks sears is doing this deal too, i think that kmart just had extra sears tape.)

[quote name='affa']This seems to be a problem at many kmarts. My local kmart has a very similar employee. She's done several things that, normally, would make me never go back to the store again, but I can't resist Josh's deals. I've never reported this person because I don't want to be responsible for someone getting fired in this economy... it's just too potentially devastating. Thankfully, another employee at the same store is absolutely amazing, so I just cross my fingers before entering the store.[/QUOTE]

While it would be unfortunate for anyone to lose their job, you aren't doing any favors by NOT reporting particularly poor employees. It only ends up hurting the rest of the good employees at that store when customers just silently grumble about crappy employees who are awful to customers.

When I report bad customer service, I always say, "Maybe this employee just needs to be better informed. I'm sure they mean well... maybe they were having a bad day. But, I thought you should know about my experience."

It's not your responsibility to make sure crappy employees stay employed. It's their job, they should be more attentive to the quality of their work.

Just my $.02.

[quote name='Dnell']suppose to be 8 bit, and I am the only shopper that uses the promos in my area. So I shop for 10 people. Bringing them business. There were 8 fire emblems at one store. Explain that? Anyway wasn't like you where going to buy anything anyway. Most people who brought L.A. Nore got a ps3 or a xbox game as there second.[/QUOTE]
How altruistic of you.

[quote name='Dnell'] Most people who brought L.A. Nore got a ps3 or a xbox game as there second.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that A LOT CAGs here on this thread, including me, chose Wii games for their free game when they bought "L.A. Nore" [sic].

So, to quote Marge Gunderson from Fargo, "I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work there, Lou." :lol:

Just got back from my second attempt at snagging the LA Noire deal at my local Kmart and it was a success. I went to the store on Tuesday but was told they hadn't gotten any in stock. I still don't know whether that was true or not given Josh's statement that "stock should not be an issue," but either way I went back today and found a few copies for each platform in the locked case. I asked an employee for help and he paged an associate who showed up after just a couple minutes. Rang up LA Noire and Resonance of Fate, gave her my phone # for SYWR and the total came up at the correct discount price and after the transaction was complete my coupon printed. The associate was nice enough to remind me to pay attention to the expiration date on my coupon so as to make sure not to lose it. I thought that was really nice.

As a funny aside, she told me I should check the Kmart website for discounts on games because "sometimes they give $25 coupons." All in all, good experience. I bought some cat litter on the way out. Tried to find a small garden shovel, but didn't have any luck on that front.

I want to email Josh and tell him what a great job I think he's doing and thank him for working so hard for us, but I don't want to give that guy any more email to sift through than he already has. So Josh, I hope you happen to see this. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back