SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jiggyteddy']This deal was too good to pass up. Picked up LAN and received the coupon and Resonance of Fate.

How much did I pay? Not 60 + tax... But $54.43 after tax! John in videogames is awesome. Josh he deserves a raise for keeping himself informed and for the stuff he puts up with from coworkers.[/QUOTE]

How did you pay $10 less?

For everyone that is impatiently awaiting the Alice and Infamous 2 deals in lieu of ordering from Amazon, you guys are aware that you can cancel Amazon pre-orders with the click of a button, right? It takes two seconds IF that. Why not preorder just in case their offer worsens and that way if you're not pleased with what Josh has to offer then so be it. I'm pretty sure he will announce the deal more than two days before the release date, which is how late you are able to cancel your pre-order with Amazon.

I hope alice turns out well. I like 3rd person brawlers like that and the art style is really cool.

[quote name='chriscolbert']For everyone that is impatiently awaiting the Alice and Infamous 2 deals in lieu of ordering from Amazon, you guys are aware that you can cancel Amazon pre-orders with the click of a button, right? It takes two seconds IF that. Why not preorder just in case their offer worsens and that way if you're not pleased with what Josh has to offer then so be it. I'm pretty sure he will announce the deal more than two days before the release date, which is how late you are able to cancel your pre-order with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, I'll wait to see how Kmart competes with the 44.99 price point, thought it odd that Amazon did a 15 dollar price drop in lieu of a gaming credit, anyone else find that unusual?

I'm sure the innovative sales techniques may play a part, I'm looking forward to seeing more deals that you all create that is difficult in the matching department haha...

[quote name='aznhero913']How did you pay $10 less?[/QUOTE]
Oh sorry forgot to mention, when I scanned my SYWR I was informed I would get an additional saving.

The offer was 10 off 50. I've read others reporting similar results here.

[quote name='Joartrak']We need a deal for WWE All Stars...for Macho Man to say the least

RIP :([/QUOTE]
I second this.

Picked up L.A. Noire yesterday with Twilight Princess(It's 20 bucks now and I hadn't played it before). The guy behind the counter rung it up for 75 bucks, but I had to let him know about the free $20 game. No issues with that. Then I used my SYWR for 25 bucks off thanks to MvC3. And on top of that I received that "spend $50 get $10" deal. Total came out to about 25 bucks.

I almost feel like I'm stealing...

so how does this coupon thing work Is it printed out as a receipt or added to your sywrewards card ?????

[quote name='chriscolbert']For everyone that is impatiently awaiting the Alice and Infamous 2 deals in lieu of ordering from Amazon, you guys are aware that you can cancel Amazon pre-orders with the click of a button, right? It takes two seconds IF that. Why not preorder just in case their offer worsens and that way if you're not pleased with what Josh has to offer then so be it. I'm pretty sure he will announce the deal more than two days before the release date, which is how late you are able to cancel your pre-order with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

What's going on with Amazon's Infamous 2 preorder, full price with no credit? LAME. I'm waiting for a K-mart deal on Infamous 2, this looks like a fantastic sequel in every way!

[quote name='chimpmeister']What's going on with Amazon's Infamous 2 preorder, full price with no credit? LAME. I'm waiting for a K-mart deal on Infamous 2, this looks like a fantastic sequel in every way![/QUOTE]

comes wit more dlc than anywhere i've seen honestly lol

[quote name='Mcast']so how does this coupon thing work Is it printed out as a receipt or added to your sywrewards card ?????[/QUOTE]

It is the last thing to print along with your receipt.

[quote name='medetron']l.a. noire and tomb raider trilogy are both out of stock at 34th street and 8th and brodway in new york... how can this be! :([/QUOTE]

Yeah I just called over. Hopefully future deals will be a bit easier to get in on.

Picked up LA Noire and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Saving the $20 coupon for Duke Nukem Forever. I've got balls of steel! Thanks KmartGamer, love these deals!

i've never taken advantage of any of these kmart deals because i figure my local kmart is too dumb to even know about them, but this one with la noire was too good to pass up. and surprise, i was right.

it took them an hour to find whatever type of confirmation they needed that the deal was legit. pretty sure the employees in electronics thought i was just trying to take advantage of them or something.

but all in all im glad it worked out and i'll probably go back again sometime if they have another awesome deal like this!

just came back from k mart / the employees didnt know about the deal but once they rang it up everything went smothely / got LA Noire and singularity hoping for an INFAMOUS 2 deal to use that coupon

PS. got one of the last 2 ps3 copies of LA Noire here in Salinas CA there was a whole stalk of 360 copies though

I went to K-Mart and they had no idea what L.A. Noire even was. Then once I explained it to them, they said I had to buy it online and of course the offer isn't there. Thanks, K-Mart!

There's nothing special the employee need do, so no need to confirm the deal. next time just give them the correct items and your card and the register does the rest they need to total the transaction for whatever the deal is for it to happen. Only if there's an issue after that do you need to show the deal or email your reciept to josh.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']i've never taken advantage of any of these kmart deals because i figure my local kmart is too dumb to even know about them, but this one with la noire was too good to pass up. and surprise, i was right.

it took them an hour to find whatever type of confirmation they needed that the deal was legit. pretty sure the employees in electronics thought i was just trying to take advantage of them or something.

but all in all im glad it worked out and i'll probably go back again sometime if they have another awesome deal like this![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']Didnt get a chance to go yesterday grrr. Anyone know if the $10 off $50 deal is over, or what the qualifications of it are?[/QUOTE]Earlier, some people were saying that that deal isn't nationwide, so it might not even be in effect at your area's Kmart(s). I don't know what the qualifications are, but I can say I haven't seen this deal in my area.

[quote name='brunbb']I went to K-Mart and they had no idea what L.A. Noire even was. Then once I explained it to them, they said I had to buy it online and of course the offer isn't there. Thanks, K-Mart![/QUOT
did u look in the case

Picked up L.A. Noire and Enslaved both for 360 with the deal. The guy in electronics was nice but had no idea about the deal. I came prepared with the Kmart ad that says to check kmartgamer.com site for exclusive in store offers and printed out the page on the site that mentioned the deal. I had to show those since Enslaved wouldn't come out free after he scanned LAN. He had to call for one of the managers to override it. Signed up for SYWR right before I made the transaction and the manager said that was the problem since I had to be signed up before the deal was offered. I told he it doesn't mention that but he said it was a "secret thing" :bs:about those deals. The manager was nice about the whole thing and said it was no problem to override for me to get Enslaved for the deal. I think he might not have done that though if my mom wasn't standing right next to me making the purchase since he probably didn't want to argue with both of us about it. I did get the $20 game coupon with no problems. This was the Kmart is Peachtree City, GA #3978. Also they still had plenty of copies of LAN (around 10) when I was there earlier today.

Hey Josh, my aforementioned friend just emailed you about her woes with L.A Noire. I believe her name and information was in it but if not I can make sure it is sent. She's relatively scatter-brained if it's not related to cutting open bodies and fixing them.

Let me know if you need anything from her and I can pop in to her in OR and fix it.

[quote name='medetron']l.a. noire and tomb raider trilogy are both out of stock at 34th street and 8th and brodway in new york... how can this be! :([/QUOTE]

Probably an odd combination of demand......And employees who know what they're doing. It's really quite rare for a Kmart to sell out of any product, they tend to scare away customers just before checking out.

[quote name='sageridder']There's nothing special the employee need do, so no need to confirm the deal. next time just give them the correct items and your card and the register does the rest they need to total the transaction for whatever the deal is for it to happen. Only if there's an issue after that do you need to show the deal or email your reciept to josh.[/QUOTE]

+111111 post. It seems like some people try to make this as difficult as possible by questioning employees.

[quote name='thehoweller']Probably an odd combination of demand......And employees who know what they're doing. It's really quite rare for a Kmart to sell out of any product, they tend to scare away customers just before checking out.[/QUOTE]

yea been around long enough to know how these deals go. went into store and asked them check upc, made phone calls to check stock ,and also used mygopher.com to check if i could buy online and pick up at store, no go :cry:. sadly one the very few times i actually believed them

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I totally understand the request, kind of a double edged sword for me now and releasing deals in advance. As you are probably aware, I/we are being watched......[/QUOTE]

Oh believe me, I understand. I just thought that the timeframe was small enough to release the deal now.

I was wondering if anyone could verify if The Witcher 2 that Kmart is selling is the premium edition? Also, does it come with any specific DLC beside the Herbalist Gloves listed on Kmartgamer. Thanks!

Went in today and picked up the last copy of Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time as my free game with LA Noire. Deal rang up perfectly. Now to put that $20 coupon towards Ocarina of Time for 3DS next month!

:/
Waited all week to get LA Noire in hopes that my giftcard from Brink would show up... no luck.
Guess I'll just put it towards my next purchase.

[quote name='thanossurfer']I was wondering if anyone could verify if The Witcher 2 that Kmart is selling is the premium edition? Also, does it come with any specific DLC beside the Herbalist Gloves listed on Kmartgamer. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The copies that I saw had two dvd cases and a thick book that was titled as a guide included.

I don't know about DLC. I'd really like to get the witcher 2 but I think my laptop is just under the minimum specs.

I know the front page says the deal runs until the 21st...today... but is there some crazy chance the L.A. Noire deal will still be in effect tomorrow?

[quote name='GoVols']So what deals start tomorrow???[/QUOTE]

the ones Josh does on this thread specifically, i believe is dirt 3 for like a 15 coupon, weekly ad stuff i'm not srue about

[quote name='Luuc']I know the front page says the deal runs until the 21st...today... but is there some crazy chance the L.A. Noire deal will still be in effect tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. -- Obi-Wan to Count Dooku, Attack of the Clones (2002)

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Was just coming on to ask if Josh can toss out an emergency WWE All Stars deal so we can celebrate the life of Macho Man one last time. Considering this game was the closest we'll ever get to a Macho Man return in the WWE, I'd love to see a nice deal on it.

What do ya say, Josh? Maybe even a one day MACHO MADNESS sale?
MACHO MADNESS MONDAY! One day massive sale on WWE All Stars!
I think it sounds like a winner...[/QUOTE]

I just want to reiterate that I think my idea is awesome.
And since the world didn't end, I think we can all thank Randy Savage for now allowing god to kill us all. So to praise our new saviour, Macho Man Randy Savage, I think now more than ever we need a MACHO MADNESS MONDAY SALE.
Praise be to Macho God.

Josh, any upcoming deals on the PS2 Slims? My Kmart has about 5 in stock and I doubt they will be bought anytime soon, mine broke a year ago but $100 is way too much for such an old console. Thanks.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Josh, any upcoming deals on the PS2 Slims? My Kmart has about 5 in stock and I doubt they will be bought anytime soon, mine broke a year ago but $100 is way too much for such an old console. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Fleabay? Craigslist? Facebook marketplace? You can find PS2's practically at garage sales nowadays, finding them cheap and working is fairly easy for cheap. My friend one bounced to three garage sales before finding one for cheap.

[quote name='caponesgun']Fleabay? Craigslist? Facebook marketplace? You can find PS2's practically at garage sales nowadays, finding them cheap and working is fairly easy for cheap. My friend one bounced to three garage sales before finding one for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Yes but I don't buy used consoles. It's hard finding a problem right away, and you have the cigarette smoke and everything. I'd rather buy one new. $60 would be a nice price to move them out of shelves.

I just want to say that this deal (even though it was probably a bitch to have to get ready and accomplish), was one of the best I have seen. A big thanks goes out to Kmart and I hope you all decide to do this again even though the problems.

Hey guys a buddy of mine just bought the deal from the same kmart I bought mine at. At first the register wouldnt give the free game, but when his sywr got punched in the game was free. The employee also told him that no one tells them anything about this type of deals.

-Can anyone tell me if Lost Odyssey got a price drop, i looked under the updated list, and it said "Lost" $19.97, i assume that was a typo??

[quote name='tmille69']-Can anyone tell me if Lost Odyssey got a price drop, i looked under the updated list, and it said "Lost" $19.97, i assume that was a typo??[/QUOTE]

If it just says Lost it's probably the Lost (tv show) game..

Its pretty funny how many people i saw post that they picked up Metro 2033 with LA Noire, because i did the exact same and so did a co worker. I guess alot of people were eyeing Metro lol.

Anyway good deal on the game. I am about 7 cases into LA Noire, its a quality game, lots of polish.... but the gameplay is not very typical. I cant play the game for more than a few hours. I think ill probably play a case or two here and there till i finish it, because it is good, but it cant hold my interest to plow through it like Portal 2 did.

It probably just has to do with my personality, i need twitchy gaming to satisfy my gaming appetite, and LA Noire isnt twitchy gaming, very different than GTAIV and RDR.

[quote name='harveyiscool']I just want to say that this deal (even though it was probably a bitch to have to get ready and accomplish), was one of the best I have seen. A big thanks goes out to Kmart and I hope you all decide to do this again even though the problems.[/QUOTE]

I don't think $100 is too much to ask for a brand new PS2 these days. The Wii is still sitting at $150.. lol.

Good luck finding one for less than that. Might as well look for a good condition used one. By the time you wait around for a price drop new PS2s will only be available on the secondhand reseller market for more than $100.

Caved on this amazing deal today and opened my wallet. The gaming section at my nearby Kmart is a cluttered mess, but I was able to pick up Splinter Cell: Conviction as my free $19.99 or less game. Will definitely be using that $20 credit on Dead Space 2 if it price drops or might apply it towards Infamous 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back