Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']I thought the same at first but then I found out you can buy that very same hat from Amazon and other places. Not free obviously but its certainly not "exclusive".[/QUOTE]

It's actually different, or atleast the one I found on Amazon is different then the Gamestop one.

damn, wish i knew enslaved was $40 earlier, would of held off on amazon goldbox deal for $25 and got it with cod black ops deal instead. also they didnt know anything about the patch when i got cod earlier

[quote name='IronClaw']
Seriously, have we gotten so lazy that we have to have EVERYTHING handed to us?[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the American way?

Hey Josh, Kmart Black Friday 4GB xbox deal. better than any of the leaked ones so far? Need to know because otherwise I will go somewhere else.

I just bought a 250 GB hard drive off ebay. but yeah josh deal better or worse than others?

Ok, so shoot me, but I've been searching for almost two hours now, and still can't find the answer in the 3.0 or 2.0 thread, and I think Cheapy got rid of version 1.0 cuz it crashed CAG :shock:

I know it has been asked before, and I'm sure that I'm just reading too much into the description in the OP, but the "gaming coupon" printed with the Epic Mickey pre-order box is just that, a GAMING coupon, right? Can be used on any platform, network cards and clearance, correct?

I know, I'm an idiot. And I'm proud of it! :whee:Go ahead, give me hell if you want, just give me a direct answer too, will ya? :)

...I just got off the phone with Britanny, the manager of Kmart Shop Your Way Rewards.

If you ordered Call of Duty Black Ops on 11/7/2010 (with the Friends & Family Discount), you will NOT be receiving your 25,000 Reward Points!...

I had a feeling they would do this and took a screenshot. The Shop Your Way Rewards manager, Britanny, said that even if I had a screenshot, she still could not award the bonus points and that we are all out of luck.....

[quote name='wune']Sadly I haven't gotten a reply to my email, got to go to sleep. Gonna have to make a trip home before getting BO[/QUOTE]

You should start using Arrid XX, it's 24 hour protection.

[quote name='mgsvr']...I just got off the phone with Britanny, the manager of Kmart Shop Your Way Rewards.

If you ordered Call of Duty Black Ops on 11/7/2010 (with the Friends & Family Discount), you will NOT be receiving your 25,000 Reward Points!...

I had a feeling they would do this and took a screenshot. The Shop Your Way Rewards manager, Britanny, said that even if I had a screenshot, she still could not award the bonus points and that we are all out of luck.....[/QUOTE]
kinda thought it would go that way since the deal was listed in the op for the 9th didn't want to risk it for another 10%. Is kinda weak if it showed getting the points on that day though.

[quote name='godsmack13']Ok, so shoot me, but I've been searching for almost two hours now, and still can"t find the answer in the 3.0 or 2.0 thread, and I think Cheapy got rid of version 1.0 cuz it crashed CAG :shock:

I know it has been asked before, and I'm sure that I'm just reading too much into the description in the OP, but the "gaming coupon" printed with the Epic Mickey pre-order box is just that, a GAMING coupon, right? Can be used on any platform, network cards and clearance, correct?

I know, I'm an idiot. And I'm proud of it! :whee:Go ahead, give me hell if you want, just give me a direct answer too, will ya? :)[/QUOTE]

Correct. It is a general gaming coupon that can be used towards anything game related.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Can the 5 off 50 be combined with coupons?[/QUOTE]
very YMMV and the 5 off must be scanned or for sure no go.

[quote name='mgsvr']...I just got off the phone with Britanny, the manager of Kmart Shop Your Way Rewards.

I had a feeling they would do this and took a screenshot. The Shop Your Way Rewards manager, Britanny, said that even if I had a screenshot, she still could not award the bonus points and that we are all out of luck.....[/QUOTE]

Well, if the deal was live on tuesday and you ordered on sunday why would you think you would get the bonus $25?

[quote name='gamerdogbert']FEEDBACK FOR JOSH:

So, yeah, Josh. I just bought the first copy of Black Ops ever to be sold at Kmart #4160. AT 9:10pm ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT. Ridiculous. LOL. And even then, the box was all 360 versions, so I don't think she's even found the PS3 ones yet. They might need some coaching at some point in the future if you're bored. Just thought I'd share this with you in case there's a hair or two you haven't pulled out yet. ;)[/QUOTE]

you should probably email him this information. easy to lose it in the thread. Easier for him to file it and take action by email.

Of course, even josh at corporate is limited by how much of a shit the local manager gives about stocking product on time.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Can the 5 off 50 be combined with coupons?[/QUOTE]

The one time i tried it it worked, but I wouldn't count on it, and it's probably not supposed to. I figure one time use is legitimate for the coupon and if it stacks, it stacks.

Josh did mention they had problems with people using numerous coupons but I dunno why they wouldn't change how the coupon works though. Maybe they did for this new one. Going to try to use one on black ops tomorrow because I don't have any gaming coupons to use.

[quote name='jer7583']The one time i tried it it worked, but I wouldn't count on it, and it's probably not supposed to. I figure one time use is legitimate for the coupon and if it stacks, it stacks.

Josh did mention they had problems with people using numerous coupons but I dunno why they wouldn't change how the coupon works though. Maybe they did for this new one. Going to try to use one on black ops tomorrow because I don't have any gaming coupons to use.[/QUOTE]
the 5 off specifically says doesn't work with other coupons several stores don't like because of abuse overuse won't take printed coupon. Only works if scanned first in cases of multi coupon, the language is same on the current one. they either thumbs up or down ymmv

[quote name='ssr']Sensing you're saying that in jest. :) If not, he stated before that he keeps his PS3 in a closet. No idea why...I'd think it would overheat but that's his prerogative.[/QUOTE]

Ha, well, it actually used to get way too hot under my tv in the cabinet, even with air holes cut in to the cab and a USB fan to circulate air out of the cab. So All options tried, I was forced to remove the ps3 from under the tv. Fortunaltely, there is a large closet situated directly behind the tv, and so now my ps3 happily lives there. Bluetooth works perfectly, and the only cord so far is the eye, which is plenty long enough. But 16 feet to get to where i sit is going to be a very close call.

So, secondary question... If I use 30 worth of coupons on the black ops deal... So 30 for cod, 35 for second game, and $60 for the headphones, but need to return the headphones, will I run into a problem? I'm hoping they will work fine, it's just gonna be close.

[quote name='affa'] But 16 feet to get to where i sit is going to be a very close call.
[/QUOTE]

Well, you could get a couple of extension cables; one for usb and another for audio.

I would think it's only a few bucks if you get them thru monoprice.com

Also, if you're planning on buying the DSS adapter, the included cables add about another 4-5ft to the overall length. Check out Turtle Beach's site for more info.

Bleehhh really bummed about Sly getting bumped back, I was hoping to use my coupon from Vanquish on that and then use that coupon on NFS:HP. Looks like I'll be waiting for a price drop on Sly instead, hard to imagine it not falling to 30 bucks somewhere before the end of the year on a sale.

A couple of common questions and answers from CAGs on SYWR:

How do I sign up for SYWR? Is it free?
Yes it's free and you can sign up in store, or online here
How long does it take to get my SYWR points from a purchase?
Up to 30 days. However in many cases the points are credited almost immediately. It will vary.
What if I want to return an item that I got SYWR points from? How does it work?
The points earned will be deducted from your account.
I put an item on layaway and have not received my bonus points for it. Why?
Payments toward layaway purchases shall not count as Qualifying Purchases until after you have made your final layaway payment.
I just signed up and don’t have my SYWR card yet, can I still use it anyway?
Yes you can use it to earn points but you cannot use it to redeem points. You will need to let the cashier know before the transaction is completed and give them any necessary info (usually just your phone number and possibly email address) and you can be credited any points earned for purchases. You can use it online if you know your account number and pin.
I forgot my SYWR card at home! What can I do?
Tell the cashier you're a SYWR member. They should ask for your phone number and possibly email address. They can use that info to look up your account number. You may not be able to redeem any points without your card. However you should still be able to earn points from purchases.
I forgot to use my SYWR card on a purchase! What can I do?
You can enter your receipt information online. (I dont know the details will fill this in later)
Do my SYWR points expire? How long are they good for?
Short answer: Yes they expire but they are good for about 1 year from the date you earn them. Answer directly from the SYWR Terms and Conditions: ALL POINTS EXPIRE AT THE END OF THE CALENDAR QUARTER FOLLOWING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE DATE THE POINTS WERE EARNED BY THE MEMBER. Calendar quarter end dates are December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30. For example, points earned on November 1, 2010 will expire on December 31, 2011.
I bought something a couple days ago and now there’s a SYWR bonus points offer for it. Can I get those bonus points?
No. I’d recommend doing a return and rebuy if possible.

Well my trip this past tuesday went very well. I got 2 copies of standard Call of Duty Black ops for xbox 360, they even had it in the case so that was a very nice suprise. Also they had a pair of the turtle beaches so picked up a pair of those and bought the 2 year replacement plan with it too because you never know what might happen.

I have to say can't wait till Black friday ads, as so far only place I am going is Sears.

So I bought black ops for someone for Christmas and just found out they bought it themselves. How do exchanges work for things that came with points. I was worried this might happen when I bought it and asked the clerk if I could make an even exchange and he said yes. But has anyone had any experience with exchanges?

Does Kmart follow this policy, or is it just Sears? I thought it was just sears, but I googled and the first link says: ... Sears Price Match Plus Policy/Price Protection Policy ... as Sold by Sears or Sold by Kmart are eligible for price matching on our websites. ...

[quote name='sjannenga']So I bought black ops for someone for Christmas and just found out they bought it themselves. How do exchanges work for things that came with points. I was worried this might happen when I bought it and asked the clerk if I could make an even exchange and he said yes. But has anyone had any experience with exchanges?[/QUOTE]
Read the FAQ I just posted 2 posts above your question.

[quote name='sjannenga']So I bought black ops for someone for Christmas and just found out they bought it themselves. How do exchanges work for things that came with points. I was worried this might happen when I bought it and asked the clerk if I could make an even exchange and he said yes. But has anyone had any experience with exchanges?[/QUOTE]
I'd imagine they take away the points just like they do for returns. What do you mean by an "even exchange" in this case anyway?

[quote name='sjannenga']same price - exchange 59.99 game for a 59.99 game.[/QUOTE]
Ok yes what they should do is take away those 25K bonus points. You could get lucky but I'm sure that would be the normal policy on something like that.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Well my trip this past tuesday went very well. I got 2 copies of standard Call of Duty Black ops for xbox 360, they even had it in the case so that was a very nice suprise. Also they had a pair of the turtle beaches so picked up a pair of those and bought the 2 year replacement plan with it too because you never know what might happen.

I have to say can't wait till Black friday ads, as so far only place I am going is Sears.[/QUOTE]

You know, that replacement plan is actually a pretty good idea for something like these headsets. How much was it?

And dangit, the girl at the electronics register didn't even offer the warranty when I got my PX21s. Apparently she also entered my phone # at the wrong time, so my SYWR number didn't end up on the receipt, so now I have to sweat it out to see if I get my dadgum points. Fooey.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Does Kmart follow this policy, or is it just Sears? I thought it was just sears, but I googled and the first link says: ... Sears Price Match Plus Policy/Price Protection Policy ... as Sold by Sears or Sold by Kmart are eligible for price matching on our websites. ...
[/QUOTE]
K-mart does no price matching. SEARS will match competitors ads and online print outs.

I got Bayonetta for $20 a while back when Best Buy was doing the website only sale.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok yes what they should do is take away those 25K bonus points. You could get lucky but I'm sure that would be the normal policy on something like that.[/QUOTE]

the cashier specifically said that if you return Black Ops, you'd only get $35 back. So perhaps he'd only get $35 towards the $60 game since the bonus points are already in your account?

[quote name='confoosious']the cashier specifically said that if you return Black Ops, you'd only get $35 back. So perhaps he'd only get $35 towards the $60 game since the bonus points are already in your account?[/QUOTE]

Well, I did not ask about a return because I wasn't planning on returning it, but exchanging it, because this is a Christmas gift and I did not know if he was going to get it himself or not. I want to get him a game so I asked the cashier if I needed to would I be able to make an even exchange and he said yes. Maybe it depends on the kmart or clerk, but I thought I would ask if any of you had any experience with this. Thank you for the replies, I'll just have to see what happens I guess.

Im liking the deals you guys are putting out, I just dont want to have to go to a physical Kmart Location, to purchase or redeem the credits.

Im just saying the Kmart's here are really scummy

[quote name='sjannenga']Well, I did not ask about a return because I wasn't planning on returning it, but exchanging it, because this is a Christmas gift and I did not know if he was going to get it himself or not. I want to get him a game so I asked the cashier if I needed to would I be able to make an even exchange and he said yes. Maybe it depends on the kmart or clerk, but I thought I would ask if any of you had any experience with this. Thank you for the replies, I'll just have to see what happens I guess.[/QUOTE]
Does Kmart do gift receipts? That might have made it easier to exchange.

[quote name='Phade']Im liking the deals you guys are putting out, I just dont want to have to go to a physical Kmart Location, to purchase or redeem the credits.

Im just saying the Kmart's here are really scummy[/QUOTE]
Just get a hazmat suit and go for it;)

I guess this is for Stock Boy, or anyone who can answer.
Typically do the games get to the store on release date, like mario vs. dk mini mayhem releasing on 11-14.

Also is there anyway to check the availability of the Epic Mickey box at North Kent Kmart in GR, MI

Thank you

No luck at my Kmart for the Red Wii. I wish the kmart site wouldn't list it as able to add to the cart. Time to decide between waiting to check the kmart site or getting it from Amazon...I really want those bonus points, but I also want to get the Wii. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: I found it at a store within 30 miles, but page saying it's unavailable. Anyway to add it to the cart to do mygofer?

[quote name='freeorelse']Just get a hazmat suit and go for it;)[/QUOTE]
Nah Man, You could be giving stuff away and I still wouldnt go to these KMarts in Rochester NY

Id have to figure out a way to decontaminate my purchases before using them

Seems like Amazon dropped the PS3 and Gamestop drop both versions of Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom to $39.99

I'm not sure if that is a presale sales price or the new MSRP. Hoping KMart matches or it's the actual MSRP.

[quote name='teknikalei']You know, that replacement plan is actually a pretty good idea for something like these headsets. How much was it?

And dangit, the girl at the electronics register didn't even offer the warranty when I got my PX21s. Apparently she also entered my phone # at the wrong time, so my SYWR number didn't end up on the receipt, so now I have to sweat it out to see if I get my dadgum points. Fooey.[/QUOTE]

dont remember exact price but i remember it being like 20 dollars or just under it.

Had a great experience as always at my local Kmart yesterday. Got 2 copies of Black Ops and 2 copies of Enslaved (1 set for both my brother and I). Enslaved rang up as $39.99 and the promo $25 worked without a hitch.

My points posted for both transactions instantly (as reflected on the receipt).

The guy who normally stocks/runs electronics knows about the deals and even takes advantage of them himself (we talked about Fallout a few weeks ago) so he understands when I ask for multiple transactions and hand him coupons.

For those interested my store is in a rather small/low traffic town. I was surprised to see that they still had like 6-7 Red Wii's in the case. Can't imagine that anyway has bought one, put it on layaway, or even known they had them.

Kinda shocked that K-Mart is one of the last retailers to not have their BF ad leaked after Sears was one of the first.

Good job, Josh ;) You must have kept a tight grip on the ad!

[quote name='sjannenga']Well, I did not ask about a return because I wasn't planning on returning it, but exchanging it, because this is a Christmas gift and I did not know if he was going to get it himself or not. I want to get him a game so I asked the cashier if I needed to would I be able to make an even exchange and he said yes. Maybe it depends on the kmart or clerk, but I thought I would ask if any of you had any experience with this. Thank you for the replies, I'll just have to see what happens I guess.[/QUOTE]

If they allow you to do this, then EVERY game is effectively $35 on a $60 sticker...

I wonder if Josh thought about this loophole already.

I emailed SHC about the K-Mart Black Ops deal (not getting points) and he never responded back to me. Should I call K-Mart and ask them what to do? I bought two copies of Black Ops.

[quote name='n00bie']I emailed SHC about the K-Mart Black Ops deal (not getting points) and he never responded back to me. Should I call K-Mart and ask them what to do? I bought two copies of Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

He had mentioned calling the SYWR people first. Then if no resolution, contact him.

[quote name='freeorelse']Does Kmart do gift receipts? That might have made it easier to exchange.[/QUOTE]

I asked them for one at the beginning of the process and did not remember to look to see if I got one. I did not.
I prefer gift receipts than the recipient can deal with the exchange, but anyway.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']I was just about ready to walk up front to have someone paged to Electronics, when a lady came around the corner with a shopping cart with a shipping box in it, and asked if I needed help. I said, "well I came to pick up the new Call Of Duty, Black Ops. I'm guessing you have it displayed somewhere else?" She pulled open the shipping box in the shopping cart she'd just walked out with and said, "Is that this one? I just now finally found it. I've been looking everywhere. I could have sold at least 10 copies just this evening."

So, yeah, Josh. I just bought the first copy of Black Ops ever to be sold at Kmart #4160. AT 9:10pm ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT. Ridiculous. LOL. And even then, the box was all 360 versions, so I don't think she's even found the PS3 ones yet. They might need some coaching at some point in the future if you're bored. Just thought I'd share this with you in case there's a hair or two you haven't pulled out yet. ;)[/QUOTE]

She needs to be fired. I can understand about being ignorant towards video games if you're not interested, but really, it's not that hard to ensure that product gets to the shelves when it needs to get to the shelves, regardless of whether you're knowledgeable about what that product is. Her carelessness undoubtedly cost K-Mart at least a thousand dollars, if not more. Hopefully there's still people looking for it and will be able to purchase it through the weekend.

[quote name='Scorch']She needs to be fired. I can understand about being ignorant towards video games if you're not interested, but really, it's not that hard to ensure that product gets to the shelves when it needs to get to the shelves, regardless of whether you're knowledgeable about what that product is. Her carelessness undoubtedly cost K-Mart at least a thousand dollars, if not more. Hopefully there's still people looking for it and will be able to purchase it through the weekend.[/QUOTE]

wow dude, take it easy. maybe it was her first shift of the week and the dude who worked the one before her misplaced the boxes.

[quote name='confoosious']wow dude, take it easy. maybe it was her first shift of the week and the dude who worked the one before her misplaced the boxes.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say she needs to be fired but that kmart needs some corporate attention and training, more like.

It certainly cost them some amount of money to not have that product available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back