Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Kmart to put a Red Wii on layaway & the woman in electronics said they JUST put the last one layaway! :bomb:

Son of a bitch!

So I'm like ok...no need to stress out about it...I'll browse around as I was returning WKC anyways for another game of the same price (PM'd w/ GC's @ BB). I ended up picking up Castle of Shikigami Wii & From The Abyss ($9.99 each)

I Was really tempted to put a Mario DSiXL on layaway however I don't think those would be as difficult to find for the time being. Plus the 3DS is right around the corner. I ended up scoping out the DS case. They have all 3 Professor Layton games, so I'll be picking up those for $15 each w/ coupons. ;)

My wife was already @ the mall & I called her to see if Sears had any Red Wii's left since they do layaway as well. Thankfully they had ONE left. :applause:

I know I won't get the 50,000 points @ Sears, but hey @ least I got one & was able to put it on layaway for now. Can't wait to play DKC Returns & Epic Mickey!

While I was browsing the game case @ Kmart, this old woman walks by & says "I wonder if they have any blank VHS tapes?" :lol:

Then then continues to ramble on & talk my ear off about how she uses the videotapes to make copies of movies @ home & give them to schools for Autistic kids to watch because they "...do so much better with them than with dvd's because they don't have all of the confusing buttons with the dvd remote..." :roll: She wasn't rude but if I didn't simply walk away, she would have continued talking FOREVER. :lol:

[quote name='wune']Just got an email from Kmart asking me for my phone number. From [email protected]. Kind of weird that they'd ask for my phone number, I think[/QUOTE]

Nah, I got the same thing when I emailed Josh about not getting my 50,000 points on the Wii. They called, and now they're mailing me a $50 gift card.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Nah, I got the same thing when I emailed Josh about not getting my 50,000 points on the Wii. They called, and now they're mailing me a $50 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Did they call at a specific time?

[quote name='wune']Did they call at a specific time?[/QUOTE]

I put my availability in my reply to them, and they called the very next day during that time.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I put my availability in my reply to them, and they called the very next day during that time.[/QUOTE]

Ha I supposed that would've been the smart thing to do.

[quote name='GreyFox787']Anybody tried matching the Kinect deals at Best Buy?

I was considering Kinect + Dance Central, as I have a $50 RZ cert, but it'd be nice if they'd match the K-Mart deal for buying Kinect and a game and give $40 off...[/QUOTE]

I have also been wondering about this.

Hey Josh/SHC,

Now that Viacom is looking to unload Harmonix, will there be any price drops on RB3 (software or bundles). Just wondering if they're going to try and scrounge up as much cash as possible before a sale because it sounds like Harmonix has been hurting the bottom line.

It'd be ironic if Activision trys to get the band back together and buys Harmonix

I just got off the phone with SYWR cust. service - she asked that I wait over the weekend to see if my points from Black Ops show up. *sigh* She didn't even have a record of my entering the receipt info on the website.

I really wish I had checked the receipt before I left the store, but I figured since the cashier asked me for my phone # - (TWICE!), I figured I was ok. That's what I get for assuming.

hmm it seems some people did not get the 25,000 points on their purchase? I don't see anything on my receipt mentioning it and apparently there should be an indication of some sort. can someone post a scan of their receipt to help locate the the 25,000 points notice?

Just wanted to put in my experience again. Went and picked up the PS3 version of Black Ops since I grabbed the PC version yesterday. (I'll play the story on the PS3 for trophies and then multi on the PC). Grabbed Black Ops and Enslaved which they had appropriately priced at $40. I was going to grab Fable 3 but the clerk (who was very knowledgeable on games) said they never received a shipment of Fable 3...so that was kinda sad. Walked out with 2 games for $55 and my receipt showed instantly that I got my 25k points for this purchase of Black Ops. Oh, and they also had a ton of red Wii's. No more Epic Mickey boxes though sadly. Another A+ experience at Bowling Green, KY Kmart.

Edit: I forgot to mention this cause I really don't care at all but I didn't get my patch for Black Ops for the PS3 either. Two different clerks who know a lot about games and the deals going on and neither gave me a patch. Like I said, I don't care or want one but figure it's worth noting for Josh so he can modify or adjust things in the future if need be.

[quote name='wune']Did they call at a specific time?[/QUOTE]
They'll call you every day when you are in a meeting or at lunch. :)

On a side note- went back to Memphis store today. Still no Flingsmash. Happy I bought it at Best Buy on Sunday instead of waiting for those guys to do their jobs right.

I also forgot to ask the CS lady - is anyone else having trouble accessing your SYWR account online? I have not been able to get in to my account ONCE without having to click "forgot my password", and resetting it. I figure I should remember the damn thing by now, seeing as how I've changed it at least 4 times in the last week. :lol:

[quote name='rbarba4']Hey Josh/SHC,

Now that Viacom is looking to unload Harmonix, will there be any price drops on RB3 (software or bundles). Just wondering if they're going to try and scrounge up as much cash as possible before a sale because it sounds like Harmonix has been hurting the bottom line.

It'd be ironic if Activision trys to get the band back together and buys Harmonix[/QUOTE]

the logic of people on this board baffles me at times.

It'd be ironic if Activision trys to get the band back together and buys Harmonix[/QUOTE]

I heard they're gonna knock down all the RB3 bundles to just five dollars!

[quote name='jer7583']the logic of people on this board baffles me at times.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was just thinking after reading that post.

So Josh works over @ Harmonix now? What's that? Oh...he works for Kmart?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I heard they're gonna knock down all the RB3 bundles to just five dollars![/QUOTE]
[youtube]WHIo4VruGZY[/youtube]

WHIo4VruGZY

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel fortunate; after hearing the problems on the SYWR site, I stayed away for a couple weeks. Logged in yesterday and had zero problems :\ I don't have much in the way of points, though, since I tossed all my old receipts without thinking.

[quote name='jer7583']Wow. I think i finally found my good kmart. Totally organized store, has a person actually working in electronics, knew about the deals, rang them up correctly, and didn't act like they were ready to call me an asshole because I wanted to buy a videogame.

Josh I dunno if it's possible to give local associates a pat on the back for being awesome or stores for getting it right but store # 4376 in waukesha, WI was awesome and the cashier Adam was the best kmart employee I've run into yet.[/QUOTE]

This is the official website for reporting the good employees you run into. I dont know if you can log complaints there as well but you can atleast report a good employee when you feel like it.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/nb_10151_10104_NB_fiveStar?i_cntr=1289530062998

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I went to Kmart to put a Red Wii on layaway & the woman in electronics said they JUST put the last one layaway! :bomb:

Son of a bitch!

So I'm like ok...no need to stress out about it...I'll browse around as I was returning WKC anyways for another game of the same price (PM'd w/ GC's @ BB). I ended up picking up Castle of Shikigami Wii & From The Abyss ($9.99 each)

I Was really tempted to put a Mario DSiXL on layaway however I don't think those would be as difficult to find for the time being. Plus the 3DS is right around the corner. I ended up scoping out the DS case. They have all 3 Professor Layton games, so I'll be picking up those for $15 each w/ coupons. ;)

My wife was already @ the mall & I called her to see if Sears had any Red Wii's left since they do layaway as well. Thankfully they had ONE left. :applause:

I know I won't get the 50,000 points @ Sears, but hey @ least I got one & was able to put it on layaway for now. Can't wait to play DKC Returns & Epic Mickey!

While I was browsing the game case @ Kmart, this old woman walks by & says "I wonder if they have any blank VHS tapes?" :lol:

Then then continues to ramble on & talk my ear off about how she uses the videotapes to make copies of movies @ home & give them to schools for Autistic kids to watch because they "...do so much better with them than with dvd's because they don't have all of the confusing buttons with the dvd remote..." :roll: She wasn't rude but if I didn't simply walk away, she would have continued talking FOREVER. :lol:[/QUOTE]

So if you put the red Wii on layaway this week you still get the 50,000 points?

Called the shopyourway line and recieved help quick and easily, took 20 minutes but I eventually got in. $28 in rewards, going towards Mickey CE

Anyone know if we'll be able to use the 30$ coupon that comes with the CE of mickey on that purchase? If so I won't have to pay a dime. :bouncy:

[quote name='joeshmoe']Called the shopyourway line and recieved help quick and easily, took 20 minutes but I eventually got in. $28 in rewards, going towards Mickey CE

Anyone know if we'll be able to use the 30$ coupon that comes with the CE of mickey on that purchase? If so I won't have to pay a dime. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No:

[quote name='1st Post']There is a delay in the activation of the coupon until the following Sunday
For example, buy Dead Rising 2 and get a $20 Gaming coupon on Tuesday, the code will not be effective until that Sunday.[/quote]

Well, went to Kmart for the first time in awhile to take advantage of this week's deals.

Picked up :ps3: Black Ops and :ps3: Enslaved, but Enslaved still rang up at $59.99, so looks like I'll be sending Josh an email.

Keep up the GREAT work!

[quote name='nbballard']
On a side note- went back to Memphis store today. Still no Flingsmash. Happy I bought it at Best Buy on Sunday instead of waiting for those guys to do their jobs right.[/QUOTE]

Did they finally found Black Ops and Blood Stone?

[quote name='craven_fiend']No doubt. It will likely be my 2nd Wii game, after Donkey Kong.[/QUOTE]

Ooh if your looking for wii games to get, definitely get Super Smash Brothers Brawl, that one is a must.

For anyone who was thinking about the X-11s and still have not made your purchase I recommended them with no reservations. If you do not mind a cord (it has a strap) these puppies are great at $40. They sound better than my more expensive phillips brand I was using before. I was worried at first because the stuff on the dashboard sounded muffled but once I started playing Black Ops I had to turn then down they were so good. With ninja and ghost on you hear almost everything around you.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Ooh if your looking for wii games to get, definitely get Super Smash Brothers Brawl, that one is a must.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. We just ended up getting the Red Wii, as a family Christmas present. Only games it will have, as of now, are the two pack ins and Nickelodeon Fit or something like that, for my 3 yr old who loves the Nick Jr characters.

Definitely going to get the Brawl at some point. I think I'll at least add 3 games (DKC, EM, and Mario All Stars) from the KMart sales. Maybe BF will help too.

So what's the deal with the Kinect sensors? My store got a few on launch day that sold out the same day and they haven't been restocked since.

I've stopped in every morning and evening asking about them and the latest response was "the KMart warehouse doesn't have any so we may not get anymore for a LONG time."

Is there any chance of the gaming coupon for these being extended so I can get in on the deal? When will they be restocked?

Thanks!

[quote name='Gears24']So if you put the red Wii on layaway this week you still get the 50,000 points?[/QUOTE]

That has been my understanding. However for me personally I don't anticipate getting them as I put it on layaway @ Sears instead of Kmart (sold out) even though they are the same company.

If I did still somehow get the points that would be AMAZING...but again not expecting it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah. We just ended up getting the Red Wii, as a family Christmas present. Only games it will have, as of now, are the two pack ins and Nickelodeon Fit or something like that, for my 3 yr old who loves the Nick Jr characters.

Definitely going to get the Brawl at some point. I think I'll at least add 3 games (DKC, EM, and Mario All Stars) from the KMart sales. Maybe BF will help too.[/QUOTE]

The Wii doesn't have some really great games. Sure you have to wade through the crap that is shovelware, but there are some hidden gems.

By no means a family title, but RE4 simply has to be one of THE BEST Wii games. I paid $20 for it on Black Friday a couple of years ago @ BB. Worth EVERY damn penny. I beat the game two or three times but I want to buy it again. :bouncy:

I had to spend 45min at my store today to explain the cashier and the manager what was the deal about...including bringing in my laptop with the kmart blog. They insisted on the Black Ops + 25 off select game was only after i had purchased BO and then apply to the 25 coupon to the following game.... i was like read the text here "25 off selected game INSTANTLY" sigh all they needed to do was give me the SYWR card and it was done and dealt with. I wish they had known about the sales more than the customers.

[quote name='vlv723']Did they finally found Black Ops and Blood Stone?[/QUOTE]
I did see some Black Ops regular editions, and a single limited edition (not the big one, just the regular one).

All those boxes from Tuesday still appear to be on the floor too.

Hey SHC, I was wondering that since the Kinect deal is still going on, exactly how long will it continue? This seems to be the best deal on Kinect at the moment, but it would be nice to see if I could wait and see if anything better comes along.

From reading these post over the past several weeks, i have realised the real reason josh is here. To trick CAG members into training the kmart employees how the game deals work lol

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah. We just ended up getting the Red Wii, as a family Christmas present. Only games it will have, as of now, are the two pack ins and Nickelodeon Fit or something like that, for my 3 yr old who loves the Nick Jr characters.

Definitely going to get the Brawl at some point. I think I'll at least add 3 games (DKC, EM, and Mario All Stars) from the KMart sales. Maybe BF will help too.[/QUOTE]

Kirby's Epic Yarn is pretty good as well.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Kirby's Epic Yarn is pretty good as well.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Super Mario Galaxy (2)! Also, Sonic Colors looks to be amazing (as amazing as a Wii game can be anyway...)

[quote name='aznboovie']I had to spend 45min at my store today to explain the cashier and the manager what was the deal about...including bringing in my laptop with the kmart blog. They insisted on the Black Ops + 25 off select game was only after i had purchased BO and then apply to the 25 coupon to the following game.... i was like read the text here "25 off selected game INSTANTLY" sigh all they needed to do was give me the SYWR card and it was done and dealt with. I wish they had known about the sales more than the customers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but you didn't have to make it complicated either, sign up for card. then buy your games, register does the work so you don't have to.

Yeah as far as I know there's been zero problems with games ringing up $25 off automatically.

[quote name='sageridder']Yeah but you didn't have to make it complicated either, sign up for card. then buy your games, register does the work so you don't have to.[/QUOTE]

This is so true. The system is designed to bypass ignorant employees by automatically doing the math for them - it's possible the poster didn't know this. Don't ask them about a deal, don't tell them what you expect to get, you'll only confuse them it seems. If it totals out and something's wrong, then it's time to ask questions.

[quote name='jer7583']the logic of people on this board baffles me at times.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, though we don't agree on which people.

Anyway, Josh, since subtlety goes over like a lead balloon, are you going to contact them to see if they're interested in moving more Rock Band 3 units via a price cut (even if temporary).

A publisher sponsered drop plus one of your coupon deals would make for an awesome Kmart blog deal;)

[quote name='rbarba4']Agreed, though we don't agree on which people.

Anyway, Josh, since subtlety goes over like a lead balloon, are you going to contact them to see if they're interested in moving more Rock Band 3 units via a price cut (even if temporary).

A publisher sponsered drop plus one of your coupon deals would make for an awesome Kmart blog deal;)[/QUOTE]

I believe you're mistaken about the way these things work.

Kudos to K-mart for engaging with the gaming community. Most retailers frown upon their upcoming ads showing up on sites like this and it's refreshing to see them proactively offer this information.

It wasn't that long ago that companies like Circuit City actually filed lawsuits in an attempt to prevent early ad releases. I have to say, I never imagined K-mart would be the one to understand new social media, but more power to them for getting it right.

So I'm looking at this KMart thing for the first time because of the Sly Collection. What exactly do I need to do to get the $15 credit? Do you sign up for something in-store? Do something online? is it something that happens automatically? Looked over the OP and can't figure it out.

Help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back