Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shosh']so does NBA jam come out tuesday? because it comes out everywhere tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I'm confused no matter how many times I read that. But NBA Jam does come out on Tuesday.

Anyone have any luck logging in the SYWR site? I signed up about 3 weeks ago and still can't log in and have received no cards in the mail. I am still waiting to see if my points posted because the cashier screwed up entering the info. since I can't log in. Hope it's not 30 days like I was told. I don't understand how a large company can have so many problems with their technology. No wonder no one shops in Kmart.

[quote name='jer7583']Call before you go, especially on unusual things like this. Stock boy said all stores have sly collection now so either you didn't ask the employees to look or they just told you no without looking. Should have kept on them until they did their job.

These complaints aren't valid if you know what you're doing before going to get new releases. There are some considerations to take but nothing that makes the $15 coupons "not worth it".[/QUOTE]
I would have no problems calling if the employees could actually find the games (one of the Kmarts has a ton of games, but none of them organized in any way. I don't exactly have unlimited cell phone minutes to use since I don't have a land line phone). But eh, I'm going to wait on whether I hear whether some CAGs in my area find it during the week. If they do, I might drive to that store (the amount I pay for gas doesn't make the coupon as good right now). If not, I'll just order online at Amazon or buy from Best Buy (I have no issues paying $40 for this game since its not like paying $60). I work a lot of OT at my job so paying a little more doesn't kill me.

I am curious as to whether the gaming coupon will work on PSN Cards? I need a PSN card and getting it cheap would be nice.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I am curious as to whether the gaming coupon will work on PSN Cards? I need a PSN card and getting it cheap would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Coupons do in-fact work on PSN cards. :)

And I agree with calling to check for games, the 2 K-Marts I call are almost dead wrong with info. I've called about 5 times now to check if they have a certain game in, and about 3 or 4 or those times they were displayed right in the front of the case, easy as day to see.

But the 2 that I go too both have people in the electronic sections that are very friendly and helpful so I forgive them.

i want to get this cleared up:
i want to get sly collection and the 15 dollar coupon. i have a 20 dollar coupon from vanquish that i want to use on sly collection. i have been told to email josh if i dont get my coupon printed and/or employees dont know about the deal. so if i buy sly collection and pay ~20 dollars and my print doesnt print, should i return it and email josh? or should i just keep it and josh will somehow send me a 15 dollar coupon? and lastly, if it comes down to returning the game, wont i lose the 20 dollar coupon in the process and not be able to use it again?!

trust me, it'll print. if for some reason the register gets jammed or something, have them reprint your receipt at customer service. i had to do that once

I really just think waiting until wed/thursday clears up most issues regarding release dates and product not being available or employees not selling it on time. I don't mind waiting a few days. It's not like there isn't enough to play lately :)

after just getting back in town on time by the skin of my teeth, i managed to pick up Black Ops, Blood Stone, and PX21 headphones. Thanks josh! They were out of black ops for both consoles, but luckily the awesome lady was at the register (yennifer (yes, with a y) at the portland sandy kmart) and she knew they had two copies left and found one for me. She always rocks, and makes buying games from there a pleasure ---- i've only had issues when she wasn't around. had 30 in coupons and all sales took effect.

Josh --- can we get a steering wheel deal with GT5? My wife will kill me, but if the deal is sweet enough i'll bite.

Can't wait to pick up NFS:HP... i almost am swayed by all the 35 dollar range black friday offers for it, but i think i'll still get it via kmart.

QUESTION: We realized we have 2 cards -- an old sears card, and now our new kmart card. I've got a decent amount of money on both, since we bought appliances at Sears. Is there any way to use the sears card on a purchase, but get the points earned onto the new kmart card to consolidate them into one?

QUESTION 2: Now that the shopyourrewards site has updated, it no longer recognizes my account. It spits back an error message saying my email address has no attached account, but I know it's the right email since I've got the 'thank you for registering' email, among others, in my inbox. Have any idea if something got botched, Josh, or how i should proceed?

I went to my local Kmart at

5033 North Elstonhttp://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...local_group&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CAQQtgMwAw
Chicago, IL 60630

and they ended up not having Sly Collection. I asked the employee but he said whatever they had is on display. They would not even check the back for me which is frustrating. I've asked several diff employees and they all give me the same answer saying that everything they had is out there.

I'll come back with the UPC and see what they can do. But if I have to wait til Tuesday then this is seriously weak if they think it's a new release title for Tuesday when instead this should be on the shelf already on Sunday.

Maybe I'm just impatient but it seriously sucks that no one makes at least an effort to check the back.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I would have no problems calling if the employees could actually find the games (one of the Kmarts has a ton of games, but none of them organized in any way. I don't exactly have unlimited cell phone minutes to use since I don't have a land line phone). But eh, I'm going to wait on whether I hear whether some CAGs in my area find it during the week. If they do, I might drive to that store (the amount I pay for gas doesn't make the coupon as good right now). If not, I'll just order online at Amazon or buy from Best Buy (I have no issues paying $40 for this game since its not like paying $60). I work a lot of OT at my job so paying a little more doesn't kill me.

I am curious as to whether the gaming coupon will work on PSN Cards? I need a PSN card and getting it cheap would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a prick, but this kind of makes your gas argument a bit weak. You work the OT to pay more, but aren't willing to pay the price of gas? Hopefully you can get in on this deal. I would, but no PS3, yet.

picking up apache and need for speed tuesday. use coupons following week for gt5 for 10 dollars, then off for 5 days for turkey day. football and gt5 all weekend long. hell yeah life is good

[quote name='joeshmoe']Coupons do in-fact work on PSN cards. :)

And I agree with calling to check for games, the 2 K-Marts I call are almost dead wrong with info. I've called about 5 times now to check if they have a certain game in, and about 3 or 4 or those times they were displayed right in the front of the case, easy as day to see.

But the 2 that I go too both have people in the electronic sections that are very friendly and helpful so I forgive them.[/QUOTE]

The K-Mart's here won't even answer the phone.. and then when they do, there is never any answer in Electronics.

So one more noob question, I'm picking NBA Jam up for the 360 is my coupon going to be good for only other 360 products and is there going to be a minmum purchase amount on the coupon besides the obvious $20 minimum?

[quote name='MasterX']KMART BLACK FRIDAY AD
http://n4g.com/news/646229/kmart-black-friday-deals

I leaked it, its not the ad scans but its scans from the reports.

I already proven, my leaks are good. Joystiq and IGN can back me up
http://www.theconsolejunkies.com/sh...q-Source-Kmart-selling-Wii-for-180-this-week&

http://gear.ign.com/articles/885/885098p1.html[/QUOTE]

Master X, is the Orange Dsi a typo? Just thought I should mention it, as SHC confirmed the Dsi will be Red and Green.

Would be neat to see an Orange Dsi though...

Soo I went in to pick up Black Ops and another game Saturday, and no one had any clue what I was talking about with the $25-off Select game promo and they said it wasn't ringing up as stated, then one of the cashiers pissed me off slightly by stating "Hey man, you're in scrubs, do you work at hospital? Do you find it weird or hypocritical that you save people's lives by day, then shoot them by night?!?"....... To which I replied "... uhhh, they're video games, so its virtual. I help people in real life, do you know about the deal and can you help me out or what?" :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Long story short I had to print out the promo from the kmart blog and then this other kid honored the deal and helped me out. He actually was alot nicer and didn't heckle me at all. Didn't get the Black ops patch tho.

SHC-Gamer, can you try to update the Tucson, AZ Kmart ( i believe there is only one down here left) on the promo deals? That'd be greaaaat, thanks!

[quote name='Crass']I'd love to get 50 off 50. Free is always appreciated.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I ment $5 off $50. This is what happens when you type fast and don't read it afterward.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Nooooo... Majin deal canceled. :whistle2:(

$30 with Splatterhouse though...[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't jump on that deal. Chances are it's going to be $20 or less after a month. Seriously, nobody but old school Genesis fans will know what Splatterhouse is and there's absolutely zero hype/advertising for it.[quote name='MasterX']KMART BLACK FRIDAY AD
http://n4g.com/news/646229/kmart-black-friday-deals

I leaked it, its not the ad scans but its scans from the reports.

I already proven, my leaks are good. Joystiq and IGN can back me up
http://www.theconsolejunkies.com/sh...q-Source-Kmart-selling-Wii-for-180-this-week&

http://gear.ign.com/articles/885/885098p1.html[/QUOTE]Those are not ad scans and there's a chance the media has been fooled.

[quote name='jer7583']I really just think waiting until wed/thursday clears up most issues regarding release dates and product not being available or employees not selling it on time. I don't mind waiting a few days. It's not like there isn't enough to play lately :)[/QUOTE]

Carefuly jer, I think you are becoming too much of an apologist. We all love the coupons, but we also all know that at any other store other than Kmart, you can walk in on release day and get the game and be out the door in 10 minutes. A little extra work to make sure Kmart gets our business isn't the end of the world, but let's be careful not to start taking it for granted.

You cannot walk into any store on release day and get a $15 coupon for buying a $30 DS game or get Assassin's Creed with a $20 coupon and 10% off, or Apache Air Assault for $50 with a $30 coupon or any of the other awesome deals this week.

I'm willing to wait a few days for that, not that I have to, it's just more convenient to. I have both walked into kmart on release day and gotten out in 10 minutes with what I wanted and been given the runaround, but I haven't ever missed out on a deal.

Went to Kmart today (for non video game related purchase which would be the first in...my life as far as I know) but I went to check for Sly Cooper cause I planned on grabbing it Tuesday with NBA Jam and AC:B but it wasn't on the shelf anywhere. Not a big deal cause I wasn't going to buy it anyway today but figured it was worth mentioning. Hopefully it will be there Tuesday or Wednesday when I make my way to buy those three games. Also, they still don't have any Fable 3's on the shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
man. i was SO psyched to pick up NFS:HP this tuesday for 60-25 (black ops)=35 and get a $20 coupon... but i can instead just buy it on BF for $35, and save the 25 in credit, thus keeping $25 in credit vs. getting a $20 coupon. So slightly better.

Now i just need to decide if it's worth $5 to get it sooner and not have to deal with crowds. Probably is.

According to the SYWR FAQ, it says that you only need your phone number and PIN # to redeem your points in store if you don't have a card. I just reset my PIN on the website because I didn't remember picking one when I first signed up. Can anyone confirm that this is true? The only reason I'm doubting it is that I swore Josh had said in the last thread that you could use your phone number to get points, but not to redeem them. I planned on using my $25 from COD to get NBA Jam on Tuesday and seriously doubt I will get the card in the mail by then. I mean obviously I'm going to try regardless but I was still curious.

@ affa - SHC already mentioned that NFS:HP will be on sale on Thanksgiving Day so there should be no crowds to fight. The question is if it's worth $5 to wait to play the game. You can always use the $25 from Black Ops and get NFS for $10. ;)

2 questions about the red dead:undead nightmare disk coming out on 11/23.

1.Will this be available at kmart? I tried to look for it on the kmart website but can't find it.
2. Will there be a gaming coupon?

Regarding NBA Jam, Gamestop.com says it drops on Monday, also. Josh, any confirmation that K-Mart will definitely only get it on Tuesday? I'd love to play NBA Jam a day earlier than expected.

[quote name='chriscolbert']According to the SYWR FAQ, it says that you only need your phone number and PIN # to redeem your points in store if you don't have a card. I just reset my PIN on the website because I didn't remember picking one when I first signed up. Can anyone confirm that this is true? The only reason I'm doubting it is that I swore Josh had said in the last thread that you could use your phone number to get points, but not to redeem them. I planned on using my $25 from COD to get NBA Jam on Tuesday and seriously doubt I will get the card in the mail by then. I mean obviously I'm going to try regardless but I was still curious.[/QUOTE]

Do you have access to your membership #? You can always write that down and provide that to them and hopefully they wont have any issues with it. In terms of the PIN, thats something new and as of Friday there was no direction from corporate as to how its going to work so unless something changed over the weekend I dont think the whole pin # option is up and running yet.

[quote name='jer7583']You cannot walk into any store on release day and get a $15 coupon for buying a $30 DS game or get Assassin's Creed with a $20 coupon and 10% off, or Apache Air Assault for $50 with a $30 coupon or any of the other awesome deals this week.

I'm willing to wait a few days for that, not that I have to, it's just more convenient to. I have both walked into kmart on release day and gotten out in 10 minutes with what I wanted and been given the runaround, but I haven't ever missed out on a deal.[/QUOTE]

Why can't you walk? I think i missed something.

[quote name='emg28']@ affa - SHC already mentioned that NFS:HP will be on sale on Thanksgiving Day so there should be no crowds to fight. The question is if it's worth $5 to wait to play the game. You can always use the $25 from Black Ops and get NFS for $10. ;)[/QUOTE]

good to know, and thanks for the info... but that would end the chain, and i'm perfectly content keeping it going. as long as the chain exists, my wife understands getting the next game. (in other words, if i need to get a game that would end the chain, i pay cash instead of using my coupons).

i think i'll end up getting nfs:hp tuesday and paying the extra $5. it's a high want game for me. then i'll just roll that 20 coupon into gt5.

[quote name='jer7583']You cannot walk into any store on release day and get a $15 coupon for buying a $30 DS game or get Assassin's Creed with a $20 coupon and 10% off, or Apache Air Assault for $50 with a $30 coupon or any of the other awesome deals this week.

I'm willing to wait a few days for that, not that I have to, it's just more convenient to. I have both walked into kmart on release day and gotten out in 10 minutes with what I wanted and been given the runaround, but I haven't ever missed out on a deal.[/QUOTE]

Well said, and there are other retailers that have crap employees too, not just Kmart. If I go to my local Target I have to wait for an hour for someone to open the case to get a game out as there is usually nobody in electronics and employees in other sections say they don't have the key then go back to talking amongst themselves. If I got to Gamestop, they'd hand me a brand new game thats been opened with its contents moved to drawers behind the counter for "safety" precaution. If I go to Toys'R'Us, chances are they won't carry it or the lazy as hell employees never put it out. For me at least, Kmart has been better than other retailers and with all the special promotions attached to the games they have 100% of my buisness. Plus you got the SHC crew busting their butts off to try to fix any screw ups that the employees manifest in store.

anyone know what time kmart opens up for black friday ? would be dope to be able to grab the games i want for thes prices on thanksgiving day :D

Is it possible to do an in-store pre order? For example, GT5 collector's ed. will be in limited quantities and i don't even know if my local store will get it.

Can I go to that kmart tomorrow and pre-order GT5 Collector's ed. and then get the $25 game credit when i pick the game up?
(Note that i can't pre-order the game online from kmart.com because I won't get the game credit since that deal is in-store only)

[quote name='PublikDefender']Is it possible to do an in-store pre order? For example, GT5 collector's ed. will be in limited quantities and i don't even know if my local store will get it.

Can I go to that kmart tomorrow and pre-order GT5 Collector's ed. and then get the $25 game credit when i pick the game up?
(Note that i can't pre-order the game online from kmart.com because I won't get the game credit since that deal is in-store only)[/QUOTE]

Kmart doesnt do pre-orders of any type, so, no.

[quote name='rawrker']Well said, and there are other retailers that have crap employees too, not just Kmart. If I go to my local Target I have to wait for an hour for someone to open the case to get a game out as there is usually nobody in electronics and employees in other sections say they don't have the key then go back to talking amongst themselves. If I got to Gamestop, they'd hand me a brand new game thats been opened with its contents moved to drawers behind the counter for "safety" precaution. If I go to Toys'R'Us, chances are they won't carry it or the lazy as hell employees never put it out. For me at least, Kmart has been better than other retailers and with all the special promotions attached to the games they have 100% of my buisness. Plus you got the SHC crew busting their butts off to try to fix any screw ups that the employees manifest in store.[/QUOTE]

People seem to forget so quickly just how many asshats best buy and gamestop hire. Especially gamestop.

"didn't pre-order? we don't have any for you, it was impossible for us to gauge interest in this long running and highly advertised and hyped series without you giving us $5 up front"

The employees don't have to know about the deals. It's nicer if they do, but it really doesn't matter. I almost always know more about whatever deal I'm getting at K-mart, Best Buy or any other store. At K-mart they usually don't know about the coupon but it still prints out.

So, has there been any advance buzz on Apache Air Assault? I mean, outside of this thread, I've never even heard of this game! :lol:

$50 with a $30 coupon is almost tempting no matter what - but not if it is total garbage I guess.

Currently all I have is the $50 SYWR credit from the Red Wii (I used my last 2 gaming coupons getting that). So in a sense, I'm kind of off the coupon train which makes it very much less tempting to buy some of this stuff. I definitely want to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but I think I can wait for a price drop on that. Same for NBA Jam, DKC, Sonic Colors, etc... I'm hoping I can get DAO:Ultimate on Thanksgiving day for $35, though.

Edit: OK, just read on IGN that on the 12th they released a demo of Apache Air Assault on PSN. I guess I'll check that out then.

Geez lol, I took the pictures of those list at kmart.
I work there. That's how I found em, my boss gave me the list to pull stuff and hold it till then so we will have a lot of it for that day.

I see that the first post haven't been updated for this week (still have the CoD BO promotion). So, can anyone recap the goodies for this week? I know Sly is part of this week's deal, $15 gaming coupon. Anything else? Thank!

Had never heard of the uDraw tablet until today but now I'm thinking it might make a great gift for my 4 year old. He loves drawing and coloring and always seems to run out of paper. Might pick up the Pictionary game with it.

Thanks, Josh and crew for having deals on games like this that no other merchant would bother with. My Wii came out of a 2 year retirement because of Kirby and with uDraw and Sonic and DK and EM, it might finally get some real use.

[quote name='io']So, has there been any advance buzz on Apache Air Assault? I mean, outside of this thread, I've never even heard of this game! :lol:

$50 with a $30 coupon is almost tempting no matter what - but not if it is total garbage I guess.[/QUOTE]
You know when someone has you in their pocket when you contemplate buying games simply because of a coupon. You're a better CAG than this!

How about the stock in Kmart these days? I remember some deals from couple of years ago but when I went to a near by games weren't there or nobody knew what the heck I was talking about.

[quote name='Serpentor']I see that the first post haven't been updated for this week (still have the CoD BO promotion). So, can anyone recap the goodies for this week? I know Sly is part of this week's deal, $15 gaming coupon. Anything else? Thank![/QUOTE]
Sorry about that; I've had some family in from out of town and haven't had a chance. I'll update it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back