Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible that a store doesn't get games on release dates on purpose? What I mean is, are some stores black listed?
They keep blaming Kmart corp of not shipping games to them.
Today, I asked about PS3 Sly collection and PS3 Apache Air and neither are available.

The Kmart in Lodi, NJ is really shooting itself in the foot.

PS- Before anyone tell me what to do, I already PMed stock boy and emailed Josh about this store.

BTW, when this store finds a game in the back, they will only bring out 1 copy for you and not display game for others. The reason....only one person is allow to display the games (Madeline) and she really doesn't do it on time.

[quote name='sjannenga']At bfads.net when you click on the picture it shows GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't trust that. The ad picture itself is NOT the GOTY edition.

[quote name='Readthepost']Is it possible that a store doesn't get games on release dates on purpose? What I mean is, are some stores black listed?
They keep blaming Kmart corp of not shipping games to them.
Today, I asked about PS3 Sly collection and PS3 Apache Air and neither are available.

The Kmart in Lodi, NJ is really shooting itself in the foot.

PS- Before anyone tell me what to do, I already PMed stock boy and emailed Josh about this store.

BTW, when this store finds a game in the back, they will only bring out 1 copy for you and not display game for others. The reason....only one person is allow to display the games (Madeline) and she really doesn't do it on time.[/QUOTE]

i just pm'ed u

Is Kmart as a whole trying to just go under? New release titles don't seem to go out on time. There is never enough staff in store. In addition, I try to call the Electronics department tonight only to never get picked up when transferring. This is just plain ridiculous. Kmart's competitors (Target and Walmart) don't pull this crap.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']fable 3 39.99 on thanksgiving day, does this include the collectors edition ?[/QUOTE]
What do you think?

[quote name='rawrker']Just the normal version.[/QUOTE]

i was hoping it would be the GOTY...that's all my store has...SHC, would you mind clarifying the Batman: AA black friday sale for us?

[quote name='jj5206']i was hoping it would be the GOTY...that's all my store has...SHC, would you mind clarifying the Batman: AA black friday sale for us?[/QUOTE]
Reg edition only, sorry. Shipments are coming in for the ad.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Reg edition only, sorry. Shipments are coming in for the ad.[/QUOTE]

alright thanks for clearing it up SHC!!! I might have to pick up Mafia 2 at $35...i've been wanting to pick that one up...

I had a nice experience today. The games were not out, but the lady working behind the customer service counter was super nice, called back to electronics and had them bring all 3 games I wanted up. Coupons worked fine, pretty quick deal. Be nice if the games were out already, but given how many games they have verses the space allocated, I do understand it being a bit of a problem. I did only get the $20 on Need for Speed; I'll email Josh for a correction.

Hey Josh, Since NBA Jam for 360 won't be in until Friday, does that change the date on the coupons to be used? Wondering because I was going to buy NBA Jam, get the $20 coupon and wait to get NFS on Thanksgiving.

So if I buy NBA Jam this week on Friday, I can't use the coupon till 11/28? SHC do you care to touch on this? I am curious about this because I really wanted to use the coupon on DKC and get the coupon for that but because the coupon was extended, does that mean I have to wait an extra amount of time for it to activate?

[EDIT] Looks like I'm not the only one wondering about this ^^^

Hey Josh, can you check stock in a store? Or can only Stock Boy do that. He doesn't seem to be around at the moment and I was trying to find out if my store legitamently didn't get there copies in of Brotherhood like I was told before I leave the side of town Kmart is on.

Got ACB and NFS with both gaming coupons today :D. No losing sleep during black friday for me! Now I'll probably use the $45 in credit for a 4000MS point card :D

Wondering that since registers do not update till 6am is it at all possible to go in at a 24hr kmart at 12.01am and get the Black Friday deals or is it 6am to 6am on the sales?

Very sexy Mass Effect 2 and 1600 MS points, does this mean that the 1600 cards will actually be somewhat in stock. Both stores near me have not had any in the past few MONTHS.

Got ACB and MvDK with no issues. Had to talk the cashier into trying multiple coupons but they worked fine. No luck getting NFSHP or NBA Jam. Reading the posts here explain the lack of NBA Jam but I was surprised at no NFS. Stockboy, I pmed you about it.

nooooooooo no new releases in stock today in my stoorrrre no brotherhood no jam no hot pursuitnoooooooooooo

but best buy didn't have jam either (not that i bought anything from there hehe)

hopefully at least ACB and NFS will b on the truck tomorrow

[quote name='cscream1']nooooooooo no new releases in stock today in my stoorrrre no brotherhood no jam no hot pursuitnoooooooooooo

but best buy didn't have jam either (not that i bought anything from there hehe)

hopefully at least ACB and NFS will b on the truck tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Was it a Florida store? I know it's a long shot but I'm curious I went to get Brotherhood and was told they got absolutely nothing new in today. No one else has had any problems that I've seen.

[quote name='Phenomic']Was it a Florida store? I know it's a long shot but I'm curious I went to get Brotherhood and was told they got absolutely nothing new in today. No one else has had any problems that I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Where are you at in Florida?

I'm in Tampa and they had both Assassin's Creed and NFS right at opening.

[quote name='animalspinners']Where are you at in Florida?

I'm in Tampa and they had both Assassin's Creed and NFS right at opening.[/QUOTE]

Not in Tampa or the surrounding area, I assume they probably have them in back somewhere but I can't go and tell the employee he's wrong (I need to get like a kmart stock tag or something so I can go dig around and find old inventory/misplaced inventory in the stockroom haha). He seemed like he knew more so then other employees I've seen but It's too hard to tell. The thing I don't get is why Kmart never has managers in stores. If anything I would want just to be confirmed that they did get a shipment delay after he looked it up and told me they were going to be in the next day and maybe a sorry for my inconvenience.

Wasn't really expecting this for Brotherhood since it's much more mainstream, Valkyria 2 was such a low profile release and that's the only other title I've had a problem with. Honestly I've always felt privileged after the horror stores I hear even from the ones you've gone through Animal. Today .. not so much lol

Sorry for being vague but I don't want to list my exact location, only other problem is there's only one store in this area that's remotely reasonably close to drive too.

Went to the Kmart I usually go to and for the first time it didn't have any new releases stocked. The guy who works electronics said all they had was AC but said he'd check the back for me. He came back with a box and had some of the new releases. I went in for Apache Air Assault, NFS, Sly Cooper, NBA Jam, Udraw w Dood's Big Adventure and Sonic Colors but they only had NFS and Apache. They had the Udraw Tablet but not the game and I already knew about Jam. Kinda sucks because I wanted to get Sonic but I'll try back later in the week. This was store#4966 . Also both my coupons printed fine 30 for Apache and 25 for NFS.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']so how do I email josh about the $25 coupon?[/QUOTE]

really? you didn't read the main post and see his e-mail address in the post? ffs.

animalspinners - you're right, but there's no way to do it without coming off as shallow and whiny. My whole argument will literally be "I want the releases on the day they're released, you guys have them, but you're too fuck lazy to go to the back and put them out!".. it's been better the past few weeks but today was just a trainwreck. I want to go back tonight but I feel like I'd be wasting gas.

I just don't understand how the store continues to function with the employees being the way that they are. Josh, can you confirm that all copies had NFS and Assassin's Creed prior to today? They were street dated and in all stores by this morning, right?

[quote name='Phenomic']Not in Tampa or the surrounding area, I assume they probably have them in back somewhere but I can't go and tell the employee he's wrong (I need to get like a kmart stock tag or something so I can go dig around and find old inventory/misplaced inventory in the stockroom haha). He seemed like he knew more so then other employees I've seen but It's too hard to tell. The thing I don't get is why Kmart never has managers in stores. If anything I would want just to be confirmed that they did get a shipment delay after he looked it up and told me they were going to be in the next day and maybe a sorry for my inconvenience. [/QUOTE]

To be honest, I would wager that Florida stores account for at least 25%, if not more of the complaints I see on this board.

I know there is one guy who has constant problems at the Saint Petersburg store. One guy has had problems in Clearwater. I've seen Orlando, Tampa (obviously), and places further south and north.

For some reason, K-Mart's in Florida are just worse than ones anywhere else (with the exception of maybe NY, we should all feel sorry for NY.)

I wonder if SHC would be able to chime in on this, if he has noticed that one particular state or region has had worse customer service than any other. Like, does he get an email, see its NY or FL and just sigh and shake his head?

Just got back from the Saugus Mass store which had NO copies of (and employee tried to belittle me for saying "these games should all be out")

Sly Cooper Collection
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (either system)
Apache Air Assault (either system)

Guy said to check next week...I appreciate everything you do Josh but the employees at most (not all) Kmarts fucking suck

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just got back from the Saugus Mass store which had NO copies of (and employee tried to belittle me for saying "these games should all be out")

Sly Cooper Collection

Guy said to check next week...I appreciate everything you do Josh but the employees at most (not all) Kmarts fucking suck[/QUOTE]

Sucks, can't say I disagree though. I think the biggest issue I have is that we're almost a year into this and some of these problems people still report should be long gone by now. I know not everything can transform over night and that's fine these things take time but and legitimately things do happen. What I really want though is a solid way to be able to tell in store if they have something in stock, something all employees can look up even maybe scanners with DPCI numbers like at Target that let you at least know if items have been scanned in and you can put the item number in yourself.

[quote name='Scorch']
I just don't understand how the store continues to function with the employees being the way that they are. Josh, can you confirm that all copies had NFS and Assassin's Creed prior to today? They were street dated and in all stores by this morning, right?[/QUOTE]

The games were definitely street dated, my K-Mart had them early in the morning.

I agree with your frustrations. I hit up Gamestop when they opened today (right at 10am), and they had the games out, behind the register and on the shelf, completely prepared to start selling as soon as the doors opened.

Two hours after opening my K-Mart had only Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for PS3 on the shelf, and had to go in the back and grab AC 360 and NFS.

There is really no excuse why K-Mart can't have the stock out by opening.

I agree with checking in store to see what kmart has onhand. I went today looking for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and the sly collection and was told the store didn't have either of them. The employee said that only "major releases" are at store prior to release day and to check back in a couple of days. They have not had the sly collection yet. Having an option to check stock availablility would be sweet.

$25 coupon printed just fine with NFS:HP in Blaine, MN. I used 2 register coupons and 1 e-mailed coupon, everything scanned ok. Plenty of ACB and NFS:HP left.

I saw a Radiant Dawn for Wii, but it's still $49.99.

[quote name='Scorch']I really hate fighting with upper management to get them to do the job that they were hired to do. I feel so stupid doing it.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better, upper management probably has no idea this is even going on. When most customers don't see the game they want, they just walk out.

Sorry for yall who go to Kmart and they dont have the new releases out :(

My boss has me work almost every Tuesday to do the new releases because she knows Im a gamer and movie lover :p

I work at one in GA. The other store in my area is crap, I went there tonight and no new games were out :/ wtf

[quote name='animalspinners']If it makes you feel better, upper management probably has no idea this is even going on. When most customers don't see the game they want, they just walk out.[/QUOTE]
It's strange, everyone's stores seemed to have their shit together for a few weeks and now they all seem to be awful again.

I wonder if it is some sort of pre-holiday fatigue caused by daylight savings, the layaway boom, and the increased amount of stock showing up at the store.

Either way-- not doing your job isn't going to help it.

Hey Josh or anyone else that may know this answer....with the COD Black Ops $25 reward card deal, does anyone know how fast it should be on the card? I went today to purchase need for speed and wanted to use my $25 on the reward card and when the guy at the electronic counter scanned it he said there wasn't anything on it and it may be credited next week!?!?!?! Is this true? If it is true this sucks as with the gaming coupons I could have used it this week with no problems. The reward card website sucks too...never seems to work,password has to be reset,etc. PLEASE Josh don't do anymore of these reward card deals.

[quote name='Widowmaker636']Hey Josh or anyone else that may know this answer....with the COD Black Ops $25 reward card deal, does anyone know how fast it should be on the card? I went today to purchase need for speed and wanted to use my $25 on the reward card and when the guy at the electronic counter scanned it he said there wasn't anything on it and it may be credited next week!?!?!?! Is this true? If it is true this sucks as with the gaming coupons I could have used it this week with no problems. The reward card sucks too...never seems to work,password has to be reset,etc. PLEASE Josh don't do anymore of these reward card deals.[/QUOTE]

It shouldve been on there within 2 days, I know mine and my friends was :/

[quote name='animalspinners']To be honest, I would wager that Florida stores account for at least 25%, if not more of the complaints I see on this board.

I know there is one guy who has constant problems at the Saint Petersburg store. One guy has had problems in Clearwater. I've seen Orlando, Tampa (obviously), and places further south and north.

For some reason, K-Mart's in Florida are just worse than ones anywhere else (with the exception of maybe NY, we should all feel sorry for NY.)

I wonder if SHC would be able to chime in on this, if he has noticed that one particular state or region has had worse customer service than any other. Like, does he get an email, see its NY or FL and just sigh and shake his head?[/QUOTE]

Luckily for me, the Kmart in Niceville, Florida (Store #3701) is excellent. Was able to get Brotherhood and Sonic Colors from there this morning with no trouble.

does kmart do rain checks or is there any way for me to get the game i want shipped to the store through the website?! i believe this would remedy my problem of terrible inventory at my store.

For using the reward card $25 on it...you just tell them you want to use it ,right? Or is there another way to use it? I would like to get need for speed before this week ends to get the need for speed coupon and use this $25 on it.

[quote name='Widowmaker636']For using the reward card $25 on it...you just tell them you want to use it ,right? Or is there another way to use it? I would like to get need for speed before this week ends to get the need for speed coupon and use this $25 on it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, Just tell em you want to redeem your rewards.

I went to 2 different Kmarts today to try and pick up NBA Jam. They both had NFS, Assassins Creed, etc. but no NBA Jams.

One location has about the coolest guy working there ever...he went into the back room to check it. They have all their games in order.

The other location looks like a mess! Games are all over and they never have anyone in the electronics department.

Nonetheless, I'll try tomorrow :)

I finally was able to sign onto the reward card site. So how do you find out how many points I have to redeem? The site is not really user friendly

[quote name='voormis']I went to 2 different Kmarts today to try and pick up NBA Jam. They both had NFS, Assassins Creed, etc. but no NBA Jams.

One location has about the coolest guy working there ever...he went into the back room to check it. They have all their games in order.

The other location looks like a mess! Games are all over and they never have anyone in the electronics department.

Nonetheless, I'll try tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

NBA Jam won't be there tomorrow.

" 11-16 NBA Jam $20 gaming coupon
  • Will not be in until Friday, extending deal through 11-27."

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just got back from the Saugus Mass store which had NO copies of (and employee tried to belittle me for saying "these games should all be out")

Sly Cooper Collection

Guy said to check next week...I appreciate everything you do Josh but the employees at most (not all) Kmarts fucking suck[/QUOTE]

It's the "check back later" aspect of Kmart that has made Walmart the king of retailing. I hate Walmart, but Kmart is so backward.

Poor Josh. It seems like all the coupon stacking issues have been replaced with stocking issues. Maybe we all just ran out of coupons to stack. I'm sure the stocking issues have always been there but the coupon stacking problems stood out.

[quote name='ddragon1234']I got Apache Air Assault today, very smooth and painless transaction as always (guess I'm lucky?)
To everyone wondering if it's a good game or not, try the demo. I am a HUGE fan of Gaijin because of their previous game: Il-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey. Played the crap out of that game. If you are a fan of console flight simulators, pick this up! (Also, $30 gaming coupon is awesome, going to use that for GT5)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, IL-2 is the reason why I'm interested in Apache, only I was planning on picking it up later (like months later). Josh's deal just made it an immediate buy.:)

Gonna try and get out there tonight and use my $20 Fallout cpn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back