Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']GRAN TURISMO 5 CE UPDATE - Sorry for those CE fans out there but Kmart will not be getting any CEs for GT5's release next week.[/QUOTE]

what!!!! :bomb::bomb::bomb: damn i was hoping for the CE of this one.... now what should we do :(

If someone shared it already, I cant find it, but could someone please let me know what the dates the Apache coupon is valid for? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Dwarfman']I see that on Kmart.com it is still on there. Josh, is there going to be any "online" coupon/promo if you order online?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, no. We have not been given allocations on these.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Whos talking about "killer deals" here? I think 40 bucks is the perfect price for new releases.[/QUOTE]

Compared to the rest of the market out there right now, these deals are pretty "killer". Most of the BF deals that are out there for this season seem pretty weak comparative to the rest of the deals Kmart has been running this whole time so to me that does translate into a “killer” deal. Why would I want to deal with hundreds of other pushy, middle aged, housewives, just so I can get a game for $40 when I can stroll in anytime during the day and get the same thing from Kmart with no lines and no pushy housewives. I agree that games these days have been lacking in the length department but non the less a lot of them are still great games even at full MSRP.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart'] I have no issue buying used from gamestop or other B and M stores here in Seattle..[/QUOTE]

GameStop is great for used games AFTER they have been out for a while. Otherwise you’re still paying close to MSRP. Even if you have the edge card/Power up Pro card you’re still only saving $10 off MSRP. So a $20+ off gaming coupon with a new release day 1 is better than $10 off MSRP & buying 2nd hand from someone who might not have taken the time to keep the case/manual/etc.

[quote name='jer7583']Meh, CE's are overrated. Nobody wants that shit in their house.[/QUOTE]

Tell us how you really feel :)

The CE of Alan Wake that I.. ahem.. bought somewhere today will be the only one in my house.

[quote name='Maraxus']hi I buy quantities of games for resell and always use my SYWR card. Why after 5-10 separate transactions does my card become suspended and they require me to call an 800 number?[/QUOTE]

GTFO!!

Josh and the community is not here to answer questions for resellers. DIAF.

lol @ maraxus

Has to be a joke post, right?

Not like that handsome_bitch person who is clearly just not all there in the head.

[quote name='jer7583']Has to be a joke post, right?[/QUOTE]

You would think... but somehow I'm not too sure :p

Which makes it all the more sad. I always get a kick out of it when people come into GS (where I work) and ask me when Halo is coming to the Wii or when Mario is coming to the Xbox 360/PS3. I always try and let them down easy but in my head I always laugh a little.

[quote name='Dwarfman']

Compared to the rest of the market out there right now, these deals are pretty "killer". Most of the BF deals that are out there for this season seem pretty weak comparative to the rest of the deals Kmart has been running this whole time so to me that does translate into a “killer” deal. Why would I want to deal with hundreds of other pushy, middle aged, housewives, just so I can get a game for $40 when I can stroll in anytime during the day and get the same thing from Kmart with no lines and no pushy housewives. I agree that games these days have been lacking in the length department but non the less a lot of them are still great games even at full MSRP.

GameStop is great for used games AFTER they have been out for a while. Otherwise you’re still paying close to MSRP. Even if you have the edge card/Power up Pro card you’re still only saving $10 off MSRP. So a $20+ off gaming coupon with a new release day 1 is better than $10 off MSRP & buying 2nd hand from someone who might not have taken the time to keep the case/manual/etc. [/QUOTE]

So is the great battle of buying items in life...If you live away from the hype wagon your wallet will be better off for it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']So is the great battle of buying items in life...If you live away from the hype wagon your wallet will be better off for it.[/QUOTE]

But you're already on the internet so....."Welcome to the hype Wagon!"

Stock boy,

What should I say to an employee / manager who tells me they don't have any XXXXX games when you verified that they should have them?

I PMed about this 2 Memorial Drive LODI, NJ store before.

Everyone who emailed me, I personally submitted for a $5 gift card to be mailed to you. Looks like since yesterday it hasn't been an issue.

[quote name='Readthepost']Stock boy,

What should I say to an employee / manager who tells me they don't have any XXXXX games when you verified that they should have them?

I PMed about this 2 Memorial Drive LODI, NJ store before.[/QUOTE]

I recommend "Do your job and let me spend some money in your store"

[quote name='Readthepost']Stock boy,

I PMed about this 2 Memorial Drive LODI, NJ store before.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jer7583']I recommend "Do your job and let me spend some money in your store"[/QUOTE]

LOL, very funny.

The sad thing is that it's the electronics manager (Madeline) that doesn't do her job. The employees all tell me that they are not allowed to display a game even if they find them in the back...they can only give it if a customer asks. The employee actually finding a game is all luck.

I sneaked a peak into the back room and though it is organized....there is a LOT of games. I'll try get a pic next time.

What can I do to help fix this store? Please advise.

[quote name='jer7583']Meh, CE's are overrated. Nobody wants that shit in their house.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ncfoster']This.[/QUOTE]

i dont mind CE's and so do many others.. or else they wouldnt be making them i guess? :roll: but hey too each there own

[quote name='confoosious']There was a sweet $20 one. You missed it.[/QUOTE]
Damn. Any chance of a repeat? And any GT5 deals?

So let me get this straight. KMart is going to increase the cost of the Kinect camera for the holidays? (only a $15 gaming coupon vs the $25 coupon they just had/have) Weird.

Yeah, but all of the CEs so far have sucked. The GT5 and LitteBigPlanet 2 CEs are actually amazing and well worth the money.
Anyway, thanks for the update shc-stockboy.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Yeah, but all of the CEs so far have sucked. The GT5 and LitteBigPlanet 2 CEs are actually amazing and well worth the money.[/QUOTE]

Be careful with that statement before it's released. The Batman CE looked pretty good too until people got it and realized the batarang looked like something you get out of a gumball machine but larger.

I have a preorder in for LBP2 CE as well but i'm worried the bookends are gonna look like crap.

[quote name='KingAdrock99']So let me get this straight. KMart is going to increase the cost of the Kinect camera for the holidays? (only a $15 gaming coupon vs the $25 coupon they just had/have) Weird.[/QUOTE]

It's not "increasing the cost" by lowering the amount of a free coupon. Most items only get a coupon the first week which is always the best time to buy if you're in it for the coupon. The fact that it's getting another coupon deal at all is pretty surprising.

[quote name='Readthepost']LOL, very funny.

The sad thing is that it's the electronics manager (Madeline) that doesn't do her job. The employees all tell me that they are not allowed to display a game even if they find them in the back...they can only give it if a customer asks. The employee actually finding a game is all luck.

I sneaked a peak into the back room and though it is organized....there is a LOT of games. I'll try get a pic next time.

What can I do to help fix this store? Please advise.[/QUOTE]
hey- you're close to me. I haven't tried the Lodi one- it sounds like a nightmare- but the one in Paramus, 17 South usually is on the ball. It shouldn't be that far away from you if you're looking someone else.

[quote name='chriscolbert']It's not "increasing the cost" by lowering the amount of a free coupon. Most items only get a coupon the first week which is always the best time to buy if you're in it for the coupon. The fact that it's getting another coupon deal at all is pretty surprising.[/QUOTE]

Decreasing the discount has the exact same effect as if they increase the cost. Regardless, it makes me wait til the games they bring out for the thing aren't for 3yr olds and by that time maybe it will be a reasonable price instead of $50 more than I paid for the 360 brand new (Thanks again WalMart!).

[quote name='KingAdrock99']Decreasing the discount has the exact same effect as if they increase the cost. Regardless, it makes me wait til the games they bring out for the thing aren't for 3yr olds and by that time maybe it will be a reasonable price instead of $50 more than I paid for the 360 brand new (Thanks again WalMart!).[/QUOTE]
Hmmmmm, not sure I've seen anyone else posting any Kinect hardware/sensor deals.....

[quote name='KingAdrock99']Decreasing the discount has the exact same effect as if they increase the cost. Regardless, it makes me wait til the games they bring out for the thing aren't for 3yr olds and by that time maybe it will be a reasonable price instead of $50 more than I paid for the 360 brand new (Thanks again WalMart!).[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense.. if the coupon was $100 or $1 you're still paying the same out of pocket. Increasing the cost would be if they made it $200 vs $150. The cost stays the same the savings just aren't AS MUCH.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hmmmmm, not sure I've seen anyone else posting any Kinect hardware/sensor deals.....[/QUOTE]

This. All other retailers

[quote name='Dwarfman']This doesn't make any sense.. if the coupon was $100 or $1 you're still paying the same out of pocket. Increasing the cost would be if they made it $200 vs $150. The cost stays the same the savings just aren't AS MUCH.[/QUOTE]

You have to look at the big picture. The cost of that particular thing that comes with the coupon does not change but overall expenses do. It's just like saying that buying something from Amazon at the same price as the same thing at a Walmart is the same. It's not, I have to pay for gas to get to the store, plus the opportunity cost required in my time investment to get to the store as opposed clicking a couple of buttons online. It may show up on my credit card statement as the same but it's most definitely not.

[quote name='bretfav']hey- you're close to me. I haven't tried the Lodi one- it sounds like a nightmare- but the one in Paramus, 17 South usually is on the ball. It shouldn't be that far away from you if you're looking someone else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info...I usually end up going to another Kmart (Passaic). I was at Paramus, 17 South on Monday afternoon 11/15 and the manager checked and no
iconps3.gif
Sly and no
iconps3.gif
iconxbox_r2.gif
Apache Air.

PS- I dislike the electronics guy (40ish, short (5'5") white guy) there...he doesn't check the back when asked. Sometimes acts a little crazy.

And you have to understand that deals don't last forever. Yes, the deal was better launch week. But now this is the deal... Money, much like in our lives, doesn't grow on trees for retailers and publishers either.

It's not like he could offer a $50 deal but instead decided "nah, i'm gonna be a dick and offer less." The deal is the deal.

And like the man said, it's not like anyone else has a deal for you.

I know that this isn't exactly the right place to ask this, but since this is the only place where Apache Air Assault has gotten ANY mention due to the amazing deal on it this week I figured I would ask here since I know some of you have picked it up. I downloaded the demo last night and will preface this by saying that I don't have any fancy flight stick, as I haven't played any flight-based games on the 360 up to this point so I am using the regular controller. Anyway, did anyone else have a heck of a time with the controls? I tried changing them to something that made sense but I still felt like I wasn't "getting it". I'm sure I'm just being impatient and if I spent several hours with it I would figure it out. But I was following the on-screen tutorial and the stupid helicopter wasn't doing what it said it was supposed to be doing (this was before I messed with the settings) and it was driving me insane.

Anyone else find it just a bit frustrating?

I'm guessing flight games just aren't my thing and it's funny that I'm really trying to find a reason to buy this game just for a stupid coupon! ;)

What we all need to remember is that SHC can't just add whatever deals he feels like to these items... he's got to approve it with the publisher.

They approved a $25 coupon at launch with Kinect to build hype, possibly. Now that Kinect is doing a decent job selling, MS might not want such a large coupon and $15 was all SHC could get.

He has said time and again he works at getting us the best possible deals he could but there are limits and constraints.

[quote name='KingAdrock99']You have to look at the big picture. The cost of that particular thing that comes with the coupon does not change but overall expenses do. It's just like saying that buying something from Amazon at the same price as the same thing at a Walmart is the same. It's not, I have to pay for gas to get to the store, plus the opportunity cost required in my time investment to get to the store as opposed clicking a couple of buttons online. It may show up on my credit card statement as the same but it's most definitely not.[/QUOTE]You could also look at it from a legal standpoint.

Taken from the OP on coupon language.
[quote name='SHC-Gamer'] Cash value 1/20 of a cent.[/QUOTE]

In other words even if the coupon was for $1,000,000 off a Gaming Purchase it still has a “real” cash value of 1/20 of a cent. So despite the coupon being lower for Kinect in terms of future “savings”, in reality it has always been worth exactly the same as release week and that is 1/20th of a cent.

[quote name='KingAdrock99']You have to look at the big picture. The cost of that particular thing that comes with the coupon does not change but overall expenses do. It's just like saying that buying something from Amazon at the same price as the same thing at a Walmart is the same. It's not, I have to pay for gas to get to the store, plus the opportunity cost required in my time investment to get to the store as opposed clicking a couple of buttons online. It may show up on my credit card statement as the same but it's most definitely not.[/QUOTE]
Man great logic, except that you forgot to add the opportunity cost of waiting for the item to show up. Also, shipping if you have to pay that. It comes down to what you personally value more. To me I rather drive and get the item and have it within the hour if its the same price.

WOW, complaining over a gaming coupon that I don't see happening anywhere else as of this week. Don't buy it then, simple. Others will be happy to buy. I don't think the price is unreasonable either. To each his own though.

Does anyone know if we can use our Shopyourwayrewards points to buy
Gift cards or PSN cards in store?

I called my local store but they were unsure And couldnt give me a straight answer.
As the small fine print says giftcard etc dont count for any points ,meaning you wont earn points when your buy gift cards. But it says nothing about not being able to redeem your points for giftcards.

Also the kmart.com website is a mess. and sucks.

Went back to my Kmart today during lunch in an attempt to pick up Apache.....once again the person working the area said we don't have it without even checking the stock room. It didnt matter that the computers showed they have them on hand. Then she tries to tell me that they sold out of them which I know is false because I've been there the last three days trying to find someone who actually wants to sell me the game.

Josh I thank you for all of your hard work for these deals but trying to get a new release at Kmart can be ridiculous. NBA Jam I can understand not being there but other games not being there because of employee laziness not so much. I'm done buying new releases at Kmart. I tend to buy games on release day if I want them so I dont see myself purchasing much else at Kmart unless its an older game that I'm on the fence about and the price is right. I figure I'll just use my $70 in coupons and SYWR points on some Microsoft points to avoid getting additional coupons in which I'll feel obligated to come back and use them. You have done a phenomenal job of giving us release week deals, but unfortunately some of us cant buy them release week due to stores not being on the ball and not getting them out until after the promotion is over.

[quote name='KingAdrock99']You have to look at the big picture. The cost of that particular thing that comes with the coupon does not change but overall expenses do. It's just like saying that buying something from Amazon at the same price as the same thing at a Walmart is the same. It's not, I have to pay for gas to get to the store, plus the opportunity cost required in my time investment to get to the store as opposed clicking a couple of buttons online. It may show up on my credit card statement as the same but it's most definitely not.[/QUOTE]

You're going to factor in opportunity cost? Are you crazy?
What about the fact Amazon might have shipping fee plus the time you have to wait for delivery plus what happens if the package is lost/stolen.:roll:

There are pros and cons, but please don't add opportunity cost as a expense.

[quote name='Readthepost']You're going to factor in opportunity cost? Are you crazy?
What about the fact Amazon might have shipping fee plus the time you have to wait for delivery plus what happens if the package is lost/stolen.:roll:

There are pros and cons, but please don't add opportunity cost as a expense.[/QUOTE]

Cause if we wanted to add all the possible "Costs" involved in buying stuff we should factor is buying Cash in person in store at Kmart vs. using a CC on Amazon online.

Someone might lift his card number and turn around and steal all his money, personal information, bank accounts, house, etc and ruin his life forever. The risk of that alone makes a $15 Gaming coupon worth it IMO.

*Gets off soapbox*

[quote name='Shimmerz']Went back to my Kmart today during lunch in an attempt to pick up Apache.....once again the person working the area said we don't have it without even checking the stock room. It didnt matter that the computers showed they have them on hand. Then she tries to tell me that they sold out of them which I know is false because I've been there the last three days trying to find someone who actually wants to sell me the game.

Josh I thank you for all of your hard work for these deals but trying to get a new release at Kmart can be ridiculous. NBA Jam I can understand not being there but other games not being there because of employee laziness not so much. I'm done buying new releases at Kmart. I tend to buy games on release day if I want them so I dont see myself purchasing much else at Kmart unless its an older game that I'm on the fence about and the price is right. I figure I'll just use my $70 in coupons and SYWR points on some Microsoft points to avoid getting additional coupons in which I'll feel obligated to come back and use them. You have done a phenomenal job of giving us release week deals, but unfortunately some of us cant buy them release week due to stores not being on the ball and not getting them out until after the promotion is over.[/QUOTE]
Completely understand! Would you mind posting your store location again.

Fed up with this type of thing, I really am. I'm really sorry bud.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well, you all are all the reason I haven't said "screw this" I'm out. I completely understand the frustration and not only do I share it, I probably am even more so.

This job is my life's work, as sad as that sounds, and each offer, each buy is worked by the team so incredibly hard that to see the end game be such an issue is truly saddening.

I will say that based on yesterday's activity, it was brought up as a MAJOR issue in our format meetings. We'll continue to push it as hard as we can.

BTW, I think I received an email from everyone who purchased NFS HP yesterday :) Not complaining, thank you all for reaching out and I'll make sure you are taken care of. Lesson learned for me, even though an overnight update technically works, it may not work![/QUOTE]

I can only imagine how hard you and your team work to get these deals done. I for one apprecite it!!!!! My wallet may not, :) But I can see how frustrating it could get for you with some of the issues in stores and all the while your doing an awesome job and working hard. I wanted to just wanted to say-Thanks! And I will try and suffer through the headaches. lol. :)

BTW: anybody see NBA Jams in stores yet? I know it says Friday but I was told it may be sooner. Local Walmart just got some in yesterday so looks like they are arriving in some stores.

This thread is looong, so I'm not sure if this has been asked:

DKCR has 2 $10 coupons. Will these have the same bar code (cannot be stacked), or will you be able to use them on the same transaction in the future?

[quote name='bthoma']This thread is looong, so I'm not sure if this has been asked:

DKCR has 2 $10 coupons. Will these have the same bar code (cannot be stacked), or will you be able to use them on the same transaction in the future?[/QUOTE]
Separate barcodes.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Completely understand! Would you mind posting your store location again.

Fed up with this type of thing, I really am. I'm really sorry bud.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to keep bothering you Josh, but do you have any info whatsoever on Golden Sun DS yet? This one has been on my radar for a while and I'd like to know any info you could provide us at this time.

Hello josh,

would it be possible for you to contact and inform the myrtle beach SC kmart as to how the coupons work? a few of the associates understand the program but the management seems to have no idea and make up rules, like coupons with different dollar amount stack and the numbers are all unique, like if you bought the same game in 2 different transactions you would get 2 different numbers.

I really love all you are doing but its a drag when the store wont let you use your coupons.

thanks

quick question, AC: Brotherhood is going to be on sale for $39.99 on thanksgiving day, can i use my $25 worth of points i got from Black Ops on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back