Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up AC:B, Apache and Sly today. All coupons printed and points were applied to the SYWR card.

Next week GT5 and Splatterhouse for me!

Thanks Again!

[quote name='Dranakin']Just had a question for those who can answer:

I know that the Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection is a standalone disc, so you don't need RDR to play, but for those of us who do have RDR, does the DLC install from the disc or do I have to pop-in the collection disc anytime I want to play the extra content?

Thanks if you can answer. I plan on picking this up at Kmart if I can get my points to redeem.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone knows for sure since it hasn't been released, but I'd assume it will be the same as Episodes from Liberty City where you needed the Episodes disc to be able to play.

Went to Des Moines, IA today and stopped at my two usual stores. Update for anyone who cares:

Clive store is sold out of Mario Vs DK. 1 copy of Sly Collection left (bottom shelf, hard to spot, mixed with old titles). Also, I noticed that they have the PS3 copies of Apache Air Assault mis-priced with $39.99 stickers, so anyone interested in that game might be able to convince them to sell it for that price + still get the $30 coupon. :)

Hickman store has 3 copies of Sly Collection left (bottom shelf, left side). Plenty of Mario Vs. DK. Didn't really look for other games as I was interrupted by a phone call.

[quote name='dkreegz515']so what time will NBA jam arrive in stores on friday...[/QUOTE]

It all comes down to when they get their UPS shipment if they didn't already get it yesterday (it's been confirmed in some stores), so there's a chance it's already there or will be fairly early since UPS usually runs before lunch to retailers.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Can I get Shop Your way reward points added to my account for something I already bought? I bought a kinect on launch and was not offered the card. Now i have the card. Can i get the points added to my account? I still have the receipt :D[/QUOTE]

You can add them from the website but I dont think that option is very reliable. I have been wating over a month for points to be added, emails have gone unanswered and the CSR I called couldnt help me because I submitted them through the website.

[quote name='gindias']You can add them from the website but I dont think that option is very reliable. I have been wating over a month for points to be added, emails have gone unanswered and the CSR I called couldnt help me because I submitted them through the website.[/QUOTE]

It also says if you didnt have a account created before you made the purchase that they wont count.
So maybe give those reciepts to another sywr member . Dunno if that would work either though.

[quote name='Dranakin']Just had a question for those who can answer:

I know that the Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection is a standalone disc, so you don't need RDR to play, but for those of us who do have RDR, does the DLC install from the disc or do I have to pop-in the collection disc anytime I want to play the extra content?

Thanks if you can answer. I plan on picking this up at Kmart if I can get my points to redeem.[/QUOTE]
Why would you buy the DISC DLC when you have the game? Makes no sense.

Does anyone know if you can put something (xbox hard drive) on layaway and then use your coupons when you pay for it?

Come on.. think.. if the date you pick it up falls within the range of your coupons, why wouldn't you be able to use coupons for it?

Why would you buy the DISC DLC when you have the game? Makes no sense.

There are people out there without XBox Live, you know. I thought Undead Nightmare was going to be like the Borderlands expansion.. you install it to your HD and then you're done with the Undead Nightmare disc, you'd need RDR to play the DLC.

Does anyone have a source saying that you don't need the RDR disc to play the Undead Nightmare dlc?

[quote name='Scorch']Does anyone have a source saying that you don't need the RDR disc to play the Undead Nightmare dlc?[/QUOTE]

The description for Undead Nightmare specifically states that RDR is not required, hence the standalone (not add-on) label.

[quote name='Scorch']Come on.. think.. if the date you pick it up falls within the range of your coupons, why wouldn't you be able to use coupons for it?

There are people out there without XBox Live, you know. I thought Undead Nightmare was going to be like the Borderlands expansion.. you install it to your HD and then you're done with the Undead Nightmare disc, you'd need RDR to play the DLC.

Does anyone have a source saying that you don't need the RDR disc to play the Undead Nightmare dlc?[/QUOTE]
You just need the disc. They did away with that install method because Microsoft thought one person in a group of friends would buy the DLC and then they'd all install it.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Microsoft thought one person in a group of friends would buy the DLC and then they'd all install it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they knew it was happening.... Microsoft likes their money!

[quote name='Scorch']Come on.. think.. if the date you pick it up falls within the range of your coupons, why wouldn't you be able to use coupons for it?

That was my thought also, but you never know for sure until you try and I was just wondering if anyone had done this.

[quote name='Dwarfman']Pretty sure they knew it was happening.... Microsoft likes their money![/QUOTE]
I was trying not to "troll" as everyone seems to think I do here...but yes, they definitely knew. Microsoft does indeed love their money--and they love to CONTROL.

:rofl:

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I was trying not to "troll" as everyone seems to think I do here...but yes, they definitely knew. Microsoft does indeed love their money--and they love to CONTROL.

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yes they do.

I don't think you're a troll but rather someone who enjoys spicing up some of the discussions on the forums sometimes.

[quote name='dkreegz515']so what time will NBA jam arrive in stores on friday...[/QUOTE]

It could arrive at anytime in the day before 5pm, just depends on the store. I also doubt they will throw it on the shelf right away but I could be wrong. Best bet is to try tomorrow.

Funny, CAGs talking about someone or something (Microsoft) loving money. Wouldnt we all by definition love our money? No one on here likes giving it away.

So, I've realized something. My KMart is a good 45 minute+ drive away. I usually make it into town about once a week, and my girlfriend usually comes along to run errands. What I've noticed is that I go to Kmart and save about $10-$40 a week with coupons, and then I inevitably go out to dinner to the tune of $50. I had been proud of my CAG accomplishments with these cheap KMart deals, except now I realize I'm actually losing money here. Josh, I sent you an email in hopes you'll be able to resolve this situation ASAP.

(j/k)

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']It could arrive at anytime in the day before 5pm, just depends on the store. I also doubt they will throw it on the shelf right away but I could be wrong. Best bet is to try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Darn.

The store close to my work is great, always on the ball - but lunchtime may be too early for it to have arrived.

The store near my house is extremely terrible, so I hold out no hope for them to have it available over the weekend (I constantly get the "the truck hasn't been unloaded yet" line from this store).

I really wanted to get it today to play over the weekend, but waiting until Monday looks like the way it will fall. Thanks again for extending the coupon into next week.

The Apache demo was pretty sweet on 360. I'm going to have to swing back to pick that up now.

My favorite part was switching into the FLIR (infared) mode and lighting up infantry with the 30mm. Protip: The hellfire missiles are a bad idea when fired in close proximity to friendlies. I was doing fine on the second mission where you support the downed helicopter, but got excited and dumped 8 hellfires around the friendlies. Yeah... smoke kind of blocks infared.

[quote name='Joartrak']If you can log into the website they have an option to credit your account from receipts[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Will try this later

Has anyone had any problems finding Sonic Colors for Wii?

I'm probably gonna grab that tonight but I didn't bother to look for it on Tuesday to confirm availability =/

[quote name='animalspinners']Has anyone had any problems finding Sonic Colors for Wii?

I'm probably gonna grab that tonight but I didn't bother to look for it on Tuesday to confirm availability =/[/QUOTE]

My Kmart looked like they had way too much sonic in stock. I found it tuesday. Its pretty fun. Some decent challenges in a few levels thus far.
no problem with the coupon either.
good luck

It is now fucking Thursday and my closest kmart (Saugus mass) STILL doesn't have either assassins creed or apache air assault I'm just about ready to take my business elsewhere this is pathetic.

I called Kmart for NBA Jam. Got the same dude as I got on Tuesday who told me, "Uhh... I think that's a Wii only title" who repeated that line even though I already told him once before it was being released on 360 and PS3 this week. I asked if he could check and it seemed like he only checked the case and then came back to tell me it wasn't in. I have a feeling it's sitting in a box.

Oh well, the dude that closes is better. I'll call tonight and see if my chances improve.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Why would you buy the DISC DLC when you have the game? Makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

So you can trade/sell the disc when you're done with it, and make some of your money back? Rather than pay for the digital DLC, which you can never sell/trade/give away, ever?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']It is now fucking Thursday and my closest kmart (Saugus mass) STILL doesn't have either assassins creed or apache air assault I'm just about ready to take my business elsewhere this is pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Newburyport has Brotherhood (20 or so copies) and NFS (maybe 6 copies) as of yesterday but no Apache or Jam.

My mygophger gift card issue has STILL not been resolved two and a half days later...Don't know what else to do as the agents do crap and the "gift card research" department exists in the same way Bigfoot does.

The only thing I could think of doing is emailing josh...

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']My mygophger gift card issue has STILL not been resolved two and a half days later...Don't know what else to do as the agents do crap and the "gift card research" department exists in the same way Bigfoot does.

The only thing I could think of doing is emailing josh...[/QUOTE]

They exist; but I bet you they are swarmed because of the last minute change for Need For Speeds gaming coupon from 20 to 25 dollars.

[quote name='DJP519']So you can trade/sell the disc when you're done with it, and make some of your money back? Rather than pay for the digital DLC, which you can never sell/trade/give away, ever?[/QUOTE]
Great! So you end up with the money difference between buying digital DLC and the disc anyways :rofl:

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Great! So you end up with the money difference between buying digital DLC and the disc anyways :rofl:[/QUOTE]

But if you figure in the $10 Gaming coupon w/ purchase you do actually come out ahead.. but not by a whole lot.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']My mygophger gift card issue has STILL not been resolved two and a half days later...Don't know what else to do as the agents do crap and the "gift card research" department exists in the same way Bigfoot does.

The only thing I could think of doing is emailing josh...[/QUOTE]

Not sure Josh can do anything for this one as this is out of his department.

Like I wrote earlier, just dispute the charges with Paypal (didn't you say you paid through them?) You'll get your money back and then just get the gift card in the store.

[quote name='animalspinners']Not sure Josh can do anything for this one as this is out of his department.

Like I wrote earlier, just dispute the charges with Paypal (didn't you say you paid through them?) You'll get your money back and then just get the gift card in the store.[/QUOTE]

I did dispute the charge with paypal but I will be waiting 45 days for it resolve possibly which sucks. Not happy with this service at all after brotherhood went so smoothly.

Just got back from kmart where I did not get NBA Jam. I asked the guy in electronics if they had it for ps3 and he said they only had it for wii. I told him the ps3 version should've shipped on Tuesday and they may have gotten it by now. He said "then we probably won't be selling it until Thanksgiving." I just love when they literally make something up out of thin air to tell me.

[quote name='DJP519']So you can trade/sell the disc when you're done with it, and make some of your money back? Rather than pay for the digital DLC, which you can never sell/trade/give away, ever?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Great! So you end up with the money difference between buying digital DLC and the disc anyways :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dwarfman']But if you figure in the $10 Gaming coupon w/ purchase you do actually come out ahead.. but not by a whole lot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering that one for me, Dwarfman.

Don't be so narrow-minded, Finalboss. I don't even own Red Dead, but this wasn't hard to figure out.

The Kmart in West Lebanon, NH still has none of the new releases (or sly collection) out. End of the week is approaching, and it is looking like my patience is not paying off.

[quote name='animalspinners']Josh -

Looks like Sears has broken another street date (this time for DK), at least in one location.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278781

I seem to remember publishers get kind of pissed when street dates are broken (along the lines of fines and pulling support) and well, I'd hate to have Nintendo stop working with you on deals so I figured I'd bring it to your attention.[/QUOTE]

They technically can but for things like this it's an isolated issue they won't pull support unless it was a wide spread issue. Fines might still apply but I wouldn't worry about Nintendo stopping support with Kmart and Sears.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Why would you buy the DISC DLC when you have the game? Makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice to be able to play it again if I want. You know, in a few years, after Xbox LIVE is shut down and all the DLC is unavailable.

i'm gonna go check one more time saturday at bigK tuscaloosa AL for assassin's creed brotherhood (and NFShp), but if they dont' have it imma have to get it at amazon cuz they still have the 15$ credit on it, and frankly i won't chance it that they'll have it on thanksgiving....i'd like to get it at kmart cuz i don't want to wait 2 week for shipping but still...

[quote name='Phenomic']They technically can but for things like this it's an isolated issue they won't pull support unless it was a wide spread issue. Fines might still apply but I wouldn't worry about Nintendo stopping support with Kmart and Sears.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to bet if one Sears is doing it, a majority of Sears are doing it.

I don't know if Josh has since changed how Sears registers works, but when War for Cybertron was released, Sears broke street date by about three days and people were able to buy copies. It was pretty widespread, I know lots were able to find a copy no problem.

I'd go check out my local Sears (can't wait for DK) but knowing this could potentially cause problems for him I'll just wait until Sunday.

[quote name='animalspinners']Josh -

Looks like Sears has broken another street date (this time for DK), at least in one location.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278781

I seem to remember publishers get kind of pissed when street dates are broken (along the lines of fines and pulling support) and well, I'd hate to have Nintendo stop working with you on deals so I figured I'd bring it to your attention.[/QUOTE]

Nope. That guy did not say he bought one. Sears here always puts out releases early but the register blocks employees from selling them.

I saw fallout early too but they wouldn't sell it.

[quote name='jer7583']Nope. That guy did not say he bought one. Sears here always puts out releases early but the register blocks employees from selling them.

I saw fallout early too but they wouldn't sell it.[/QUOTE]

They must have fixed that after War For Cybertron. I know for a fact Sears had no problem selling that one early back in August, it was pretty widespread amongst Transformers forums and everyone grabbed a copy there the weekend before release.

Another question about the AC: Brotherhood deal on thanksgiving. is the $39.99 deal on thanksgiving day or on black friday, just a bit confused

Yep. No NBA Jam at Memphis today. A guy that I never saw working in electronics was covering and he was pretty helpful. He looked all over the back and I did let him know that it should been in yesterday's shipment but he didn't bother to look since the pallet was in electronics yet again.

I didn't want to be a dick to him since there was about 8 other people wanting to buy things or looking for an item as well. I'll stop by tomorrow morning if they found in that pallet full of boxes.

[quote name='vlv723']Yep. No NBA Jam at Memphis today. A guy that I never saw working in electronics was covering and he was pretty helpful. He looked all over the back and I did let him know that it should been in yesterday's shipment but he didn't bother to look since the pallet was in electronics yet again.

I didn't want to be a dick to him since there was about 8 other people wanting to buy things or looking for an item as well. I'll stop by tomorrow morning if they found in that pallet full of boxes.[/QUOTE]

I've had much better luck calling the store and having them look the UPC up in the computer. Found Apache today like that. They only got two copies, and had no idea it was in back until they looked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back