Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phenomic']You know I realize everyone is having a lot of issues but I feel like a lot of times people just give up too easily and I myself am sometimes guilty of the same thing but anytime someone tells you that they can't look up a UPC Code, or they get games on Tuesday you need to be demanding to see there supervisor/manager. Especially if they turn you away after you've confirmed with Stock Boy they scanned in their shipments. I know this can be easier said then done but fighting in store needs to happen more so then always relying on Josh or Stock Boy.[/QUOTE]

If you want to try to argue with a stubborn employee in electronics after you've already tried to explain everything to her three times, and you have a baby and a toddler in the cart who just want Strawberry Shortcake toys, and need naps...be my guest. Also, there were several other people waiting for other things, and I didn't not want to make them wait even longer. Nevermind the fact that until today, this woman was the only Kmart electronics employee who had ever so much as smiled for me, and I really didn't want her to start treating me like this every time I go in. I used all the energy that I had to do what I did.

[quote name='ncfoster']If you want to try to argue with a stubborn employee in electronics after you've already tried to explain everything to her three times, and you have a baby and a toddler in the cart who just want Strawberry Shortcake toys, and need naps...be my guest. Also, there were several other people waiting for other things, and I didn't not want to make them wait even longer. Nevermind the fact that until today, this woman was the only Kmart electronics employee who had ever so much as smiled for me, and I really didn't want her to start treating me like this every time I go in. I used all the energy that I had to do what I did.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to single out anyone if that's the way you interpreted that, if so sorry, my whole idea though is my lot of times I notice that while it's hard to fight people to get what you want done and it's a pain in the butt, they more and more people start to do it on a store level the better things have to get. I still rely too much on Josh and Stock boy even this week I went in to get Brotherhood for the first time, a high school employee told me they never got the game in. So i just left, even after he told me there was no manager in the store. I shouldn't have believed him and fought him harder on that. I was unprepared though I should have walked in with the UPC code and told him I demand to see a supervisor. I should have stood my ground though and pretty much called him a liar, which is kind of wrong but I knew even without having to bug stock boy that the game was misplaced in the back. I mean I couldn't be 100% but I pretty much knew this was the case.

'We don't make that game for the PS3.' This is what 3 out of the 4 Kmarts I called for NBA Jam said to me. After convincing them it got released, gave them the UPC #, all of them said it didn't come in today. Hell of a disappointment.

My kmart does not have Apache Air Assault. I have been coming in everyday since tuesday to see if they have it. They told me that they haven't gotten any of their shipments of new games yet or that they have been running very late.

They did have NBA JAM for 360/ps3 though.

Couldn't kmart just have a system so that when games come in they're assigned a location in the stock room rather then being left in boxes until the boxes are empty. All they would need to do is have 1 employee spend an hour or two and actually pull the games out of the boxes, put them on a shelf and give them a location. That way when someone goes into the back to look for a game they can just look on a spreadsheet, find the location for the game the customer wants, grab the game and give it to the customer. Someone shouldn't have to wait 15-20 minutes to have someone go to the stockroom to find a game.

[quote name='Phenomic']You know I realize everyone is having a lot of issues but I feel like a lot of times people just give up too easily and I myself am sometimes guilty of the same thing but anytime someone tells you that they can't look up a UPC Code, or they get games on Tuesday you need to be demanding to see there supervisor/manager. Especially if they turn you away after you've confirmed with Stock Boy they scanned in their shipments. I know this can be easier said then done but fighting in store needs to happen more so then always relying on Josh or Stock Boy.[/QUOTE]

K-Mart managers side with the employees. Almost always.

Only once have I ever gotten a manager who didn't and that was the store manager but only because I was 100% in the right and she knew it. But every other time I've tried to get a manager, the manager has always sided with the employee and that's the end of that.

They will either parrot what the employee says, or go do their own half ass job of looking and come up empty handed. The manager knows even less than the electronics staff so if an employee says Tuesday, a manager will say Tuesday and if the employee says "not there" the manager will say "must not be here."

Then it takes an email or phone call from Josh and his team to put them all in their place.

Based on my own experience this week with 2 stores I have never had issues with and reading many others on here it seems nearly every store is holding everything back for Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend.

I myself am nearly ready to say good bye on this promotion due to my difficulties this week due to product not on the shelves until 2-3 days after Tuesday plus very rude and unhelpful employees.

A question to Josh, maybe you can answer maybe not, but has some order come down from corporate to hold product for next weekend and this is why there are so many problems? Or is it additional staff hired for the holidays not being well trained? Either way it has been a very big pain and I hope this doesn't happen again regardless of what time of the year it is or I'm out.

I'm having the same experience with K-Mart as a lot of people in this thread. I had gone to buy NBA Jam earlier this week with a $20 coupon I had but when I got there I first had to take 15 minutes to find an employee to help me, then when I asked about NBA Jam the person said it was only there for Wii looking at me like I was an idiot. I finally convinced her to check the back but all she did was get on the phone intercom and immediately after asking if it was there she said they didn't have it simply blowing me off. When I asked if she had any idea when it would come in she simply said no.

When I left I walked the 20 feet to the Gamestop next door where the employee working there greeted me once I walked in the door and rang me up with my new copy of NBA Jam in about 3 minutes.

I love the deals SHC-Gamer is setting up but honestly K-Mart is such a crappy store that I can't even walk in with any hope of a decent retail experience let alone a good one. The lack of motivation from every employee is frustrating as hell especially from someone who has worked retail, its like the entire organization has no idea what customer service even is. I'd rather spend the extra money and not go through the aggravation of dealing with the store or its employees.

Yeah my store didn't have NBA Jam for 360 (seattle, wa) but had a few AC:B. No Sonic Colors either tho I was only there for NBA Jam and to pick up my MyGofer AC:B. Pretty disappointing that NBA Jam STILL isn't there well after release date.

I love the deals SHC-Gamer is setting up but honestly K-Mart is such a crappy store that I can't even walk in with any hope of a decent retail experience let alone a good one. The lack of motivation from every employee is frustrating as hell especially from someone who has worked retail, its like the entire organization has no idea what customer service even is. I'd rather spend the extra money and not go through the aggravation of dealing with the store or its employees.

I feel ya... It took me 20 minutes to get my MyGofer PICKUP ORDER, which was already prepaid, because the first lady wasn't authorized to do mygofer pickups, the mygofer guy was on break, and the manager took his SWEET time getting to the layaway dept. The lady called ppl 3 times asking for the manager before someone finally showed up.

I've had some decent experiences with Kmart in the past, but this was my first god awful one and I'm starting to see why everyone hates it there...

OH AND PLUS! I didn't get my AC:B $20 GC because the retards at layaway didn't know wtf I was talking about...

I second the comments on having more of an internet presence. I enviously look through this thread, as the K-mart that was near me shut down years ago. I'd love to get in on more of these store-only deals.

Just back from trying to get the Sly Collection from the Dunn Rd. store here in STL. They had plenty of copies in the case but only one person working electronics who was overwhelmed by people wanting to put things in layaway (lol). Waited about 15 or 20 minutes then gave up and only bought the printer cartridge that I needed. That store is so trashy, it actually made me feel depressed.

I wonder how many sales Kmart loses to it's bad customer service. And I don't mean people not going in at all. I mean people, already in the store, leaving the store because they can't get help or the employees are too dumb/lazy to help.

[quote name='Darknuke']I wonder how many sales Kmart loses to it's bad customer service. And I don't mean people not going in at all. I mean people, already in the store, leaving the store because they can't get help or the employees are too dumb/lazy to help.[/QUOTE]

Probably more then you would want to know which is very sad, because a lot of times people just give up and nothing gets resolved that way. I know it's a big pain and I think I must have a good location comparatively speaking because I don't necessarily think I'm really an aggressive person when it comes to talking to retail folks but I seem to come out on top at my store usually.

Also why didn't you show them the copy of the AD Scan at the Kmart you went to when you picked up Brotherhood. It listed it as printing out a 20$ Coupon pretty hard to argue with that, even though I know somehow employees manage.

[quote name='Darknuke']I wonder how many sales Kmart loses to it's bad customer service. And I don't mean people not going in at all. I mean people, already in the store, leaving the store because they can't get help or the employees are too dumb/lazy to help.[/QUOTE]

Well, I couldn't blame the employee really since she seemed to be doing her best. Didn't push it and ask for a manager to come open the case since my heart really wasn't set on Sly in the first place. More of an impulse buy since I was really there for the printer cartridge. I know it's not easy to implement but having the games out so the customer can just take them up to the register makes a huge difference.

I hear you about mygofer as well. I placed an order for AC:B well before the store opened on Tuesday and I didn't get a pickup confirmation until late in the afternoon. By then I had already grabbed it from TRU who ended up having the better deal. I was also concerned about getting the coupon so you saying you didn't get it has convinced me not to use the service again.

[quote name='Phenomic']Probably more then you would want to know which is very sad, because a lot of times people just give up and nothing gets resolved that way. I know it's a big pain and I think I must have a good location comparatively speaking because I don't necessarily think I'm really an aggressive person when it comes to talking to retail folks but I seem to come out on top at my store usually.

Also why didn't you show them the copy of the AD Scan at the Kmart you went to when you picked up Brotherhood. It listed it as printing out a 20$ Coupon pretty hard to argue with that, even though I know somehow employees manage.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think I would need to show them (so I didn't have the AD scan on hand). I tried to dispute it with them. I had a solid 20 minutes of time to do so, but god were they persistent. They didn't even try to check with electronics. They just thought they were all knowing. I haven't opened my copy yet, so I will probably return it and just say fuck it (thus losing my AC:B sale AND NBA Jam sale). I didn't even really want AC:B that much in the first place, but couldn't say no to $26 off.

Just went and picked up a copy of The Sly Collection, printed out my $15 coupon just fine. The employees at this store kind of know what they're doing: the guy ringing me up signed me up for a SYWR card. It is still a bit depressing to walk into a Kmart. I tried to PM this to BB but they couldn't find it anywhere. Because of the delay from the ship date, and the offer being extended to this week, the coupon offer isn't actually written anywhere but this thread: it's not on the blog, it's not in the ad, and it's not on the website. Well, I guess that's a solution to people PMing: just make the deals so obscure that no one can find them!

Anyway, I will be picking up PvZ for 360 with my coupon next week. I mostly wanted it at BB so that the GC they would've given me would be active now, rather than having to wait until Sunday. I want me some PvZ!

[quote name='Phenomic']Probably more then you would want to know which is very sad, because a lot of times people just give up and nothing gets resolved that way. I know it's a big pain and I think I must have a good location comparatively speaking because I don't necessarily think I'm really an aggressive person when it comes to talking to retail folks but I seem to come out on top at my store usually.

Also why didn't you show them the copy of the AD Scan at the Kmart you went to when you picked up Brotherhood. It listed it as printing out a 20$ Coupon pretty hard to argue with that, even though I know somehow employees manage.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't have to be arguing with employees to get what you want when they are simple policies, promotions or questions. When release dates aren't able to be figured out its not the consumers fault.

It's not my job as a consumer to make a store better it is management's job and when there are many other retailers out there I can take my business to why should I bother with one that doesn't even pretend to care about me and has no idea what they are doing?

[quote name='iceman88']You shouldn't have to be arguing with employees to get what you want when they are simple policies, promotions or questions. When release dates aren't able to be figured out its not the consumers fault.

It's not my job as a consumer to make a store better it is management's job and when there are many other retailers out there I can take my business to why should I bother with one that doesn't even pretend to care about me and has no idea what they are doing?[/QUOTE]

absolutely agreed. If a company makes me work for their product, I just won't buy it. Plain and simple... That is why i LOVE Amazon. Their customer service has never let me down, ever. Opposite with Gamestop, theirs is absolutely trash. Kmart is somewhere in the middle, more towards the Gamestop side (tho SHC-Gamer is more towards the Amazon side).

[quote name='iceman88']You shouldn't have to be arguing with employees to get what you want when they are simple policies, promotions or questions. When release dates aren't able to be figured out its not the consumers fault.

It's not my job as a consumer to make a store better it is management's job and when there are many other retailers out there I can take my business to why should I bother with one that doesn't even pretend to care about me and has no idea what they are doing?[/QUOTE]

You don't have too thats your choice as a consumer, no it's not your job to make employees do what's right, it technically is the managers. You arn't wrong about that either but I'm perfectly willing and able to fight and help out Josh to try to keep issues on the local level then needing to keep bugging his team because it's not necessarily Josh's responsibility to do what regional managers should do. (Luckily I've never had to ask him anything other then to check to make sure the shipment arrived)

If you don't want to bother with them either that's fine, but yeah while I might be able to get slightly better service at Gamestop I can also get hassled by them to preorder more junk and always pay full MSRP. I've saved at least enough money to get an additional 3-5 games probably from these Kmart coupons if not more. Heck, I would go as far to say my Kmart here is better then the customer service at my local Wal-Mart because at the very least I've never been completely ignored by Kmart since I've started doing these coupon deals.

Has DKCR been delivered to all stores in time for Sunday's sale at this point? After hearing the horror stories regarding NBA Jam today, I think I'm rightfully a bit worried.

[quote name='Phenomic']You don't have too thats your choice as a consumer, no it's not your job to make employees do what's right, it technically is the managers. You arn't wrong about that either but I'm perfectly willing and able to fight and help out Josh to try to keep issues on the local level then needing to keep bugging his team because it's not necessarily Josh's responsibility to do what regional managers should do. (Luckily I've never had to ask him anything other then to check to make sure the shipment arrived)

If you don't want to bother with them either that's fine, but yeah while I might be able to get slightly better service at Gamestop I can also get hassled by them to preorder more junk and always pay full MSRP. I've saved at least enough money to get an additional 3-5 games probably from these Kmart coupons if not more. Heck, I would go as far to say my Kmart here is better then the customer service at my local Wal-Mart because at the very least I've never been completely ignored by Kmart since I've started doing these coupon deals.[/QUOTE]

I understand its a choice and I understand people who are going to do whatever to take advantage of the deals cause they are so good. I've just hit a point where I've gotten sick of it.

As for Gamestop yeah they are mostly horrendous there are three in my area and two are run by just straight up pestering fanboys who have no idea what they are talking about. The one next to my K-Mart seems to be the only one I've ever set foot in with rational helpful human beings running it and just like the K-Mart issues it really just comes down to managers of individual stores.

There is only so much corporate can do which is why I feel for what Josh is trying to do and for the amount of work he must have to do to just get to where he is at this point and still have a long road ahead of him.

[quote name='Kardiophylax']Has DKCR been delivered to all stores in time for Sunday's sale at this point? After hearing the horror stories regarding NBA Jam today, I think I'm rightfully a bit worried.[/QUOTE]
That's the problem. It's ridiculous that this should even need to be asked.

Good news when I went they had Sly Collection and Apache, the bad news those weren't the games I wanted. I'll try one last time tomorrow or even Sunday to find "he's on fire!". I really like the deals at Kmart but my local store is a mess but I'll give them the benefit of doubt because it's the holidays and they probably hired new folks.

Just sent an e-mail to Josh about me experience today at the Bozeman, MT K-Mart, where apparently some drama happened yesterday that is mentioned many pages back:

Hi Josh!

I know you had some issues with the K-Mart in Bozeman, MT from a CAG poster yesterday. I went there today to pick up NBA Jam for PS3. I went to electronics and it wasn't in the case. I then realized I had forgotten a coupon, but I thought I'd just ask if they had it in the back before I came home and went back. No one was in electronics so I went up to the jewelry counter and had someone paged back there. I waited about 15 minutes and no one showed up, so I decided to leave and run some more errands then go home and call.

I called a couple of hours later and got transferred to a very nice girl who's name I forgot (Kerrie, Kammie..something like that). She looked in the case, where I knew it wasn't. She then went to the back and a couple of minutes later came back on and told me they had it. I went back and walked to electronics. Of course, it's still a ghost town back there. I got someone to come back and it turned out to be the girl I had talked to. She went to the case, as she had taken one copy and stashed it behind a PS3 so that no one else would see it and want to buy it. She told me that she took the game out of the box and scanned it and the system told her they had no copies on hand (despite her holding one). I told her what I knew from the CAG thread and that they should be on the shelf today. She told me they're having lots of problems with inventory. I should also note that there were NO copies of Sly Collection, Sonic Colors, or Mario vs DK. I'm pretty sure this store isn't busy enough to have sold out of anything.

I did get to buy the game and that went pretty smoothly, except the cashier/customer service desk employee wasn't really up on how to enter SYWR info. I should mention that it's completely unfair to have one person try to run a checkout and the customer service desk at the same time. On one side of the counter she had a customer waiting for a return and then on my side she had me and a couple of people lining up to checkout. The other people gave off a vibe that they wouldn't have been patient had she gone to the other side to take care of someone even if that person was there first. There was one dedicated check lane open, but the line was long. A manager had come up to open another line, but the customer service employee was having trouble remembering which lane she stuck an extra drawer and was flustered trying to remember it and help her customers.

Coupon printed fine and I don't mind spending a little extra time to save some money and also to not have to enter Gamestop. I know labor costs need to be controlled but I wish you didn't have to ask some person making 8 bucks an hour to handle 2 lines at once or to cover multiple sections like the girl who got the game was doing, as I watched her walk all the way from pantry where she was stocking and helping people. Keep up the good work, but try to motivate other people in your company to be as dedicated to digging K-Mart out of the gutter as you are. Motivation starts at the top.

Thanks!
bozemanriverrat

Hope they're able to scan in DKCR this Sunday....

I can safely say that once my coupon train ends with Epic Mickey, it is going to take a lot more than a good coupon on a new release to get me to commit to another coupon train with K-Mart.

I would really hope that by 2011 K-Mart can start to get its act together.

[quote name='animalspinners']I can safely say that once my coupon train ends with Epic Mickey, it is going to take a lot more than a good coupon on a new release to get me to commit to another coupon train with K-Mart.

I would really hope that by 2011 K-Mart can start to get its act together.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm in the same place. It really has gotten to the point that to save maybe 10% off of Amazon once I add in gas, my time, aggravation, etc..., it's just not worth it. The biggest problem for me seems to be not that the employees are denying the coupons now, but that the stuff just isn't showing up in the stores within a reasonable period after release. I regularly don't even go to buy new releases until Friday and still my local stores often can't find the stock or claim they never received any. Calling the stores is pointless and results in 10-15 minute waits only to get inaccurate info. I don't really know how to deal with that and doubt the Kmart team here can really do anything about it. Kmart has always been half-assed in that way, even when I was a kid and they would advertise new GI Joe or Star Wars toys in the weekly ad and I remember it being the only store my mom ever had to repeatedly get rain checks from as they literally never got anything in or on the sales floor on time.

Went to kmart while ago and picked up mario vs donkey kong mini-land mayhem and got my $10 coupon. Just to be on the safe side the girl who rung me up checked out apache air assault for ps3 seperate because I told her both games should print coupons and I did not know if they would print out on the same transaction. So she gladly check it out seperate and I got my $30 coupon. Also picked up some ds game holders for $5.99 and then 3 movies for $15 so kmart sucking me dry. Plan on using the 2 coupons from tonight on donkey kong returns. I'm curious does it come with any coupons if you buy it by itself because if so I will be stuck on the coupon train again?

I almost gave up my "coupon train" due to my struggles with the Binghamton, NY store. But then I gave the Endicott, NY store a shot and it's been immaculate every time. It's hit or miss by store. Some will never improve.. others make me think there is hope for all K-Marts out there.(queue music)

I do appreciate the effort made to drive people to K-Mart via these deals. I'll say I've been to K-Mart more in the last two months than I had been over the last 15 years.

But, I did pretty much give up given the amount of time involved for me and the unreliability of being able to get something on street date.

I really only had one experience of not getting something I went there to get, but that was also 1 out of 2 times I tried to get something on street date.

One of the last remaining K-Marts in my area is more of a drive than I typically take (which, I guess, is typically "no drive" since I primarily buy from Amazon). But, for the stuff where K-Mart had deals when Amazon didn't, I was going to start trying it out.

It's definitely a lengthier shopping experience at K-Mart since they seem to run with a bare bones staff (which I don't blame them for - most of the time I'm there, it seems like there are still more employees than customers and I've seen 4-5 employees around the store, at most). I usually have to go to the customer service counter and get them to call someone back to electronics. The morning I went to get the Kinect, I probably ended up waiting about 10-15 minutes because the person that got called back got grabbed by someone else before they got to me. Then, I had to wait for him to go in the back and grab the Kinect and the games I was asking for since they weren't out from the back yet. I may have been in the store about 25 minutes or so. The guy that usually is back in the electronics area is really good, though. He seems to be knowledgable and is always helpful.

My plan was to use the coupons on the Nintendo Sunday release. I was also thinking of taking advantage of the Sonic Colors deal, but thought I'd use the new DK vs. Mario as a test. I went to K-Mart on the street date ready to use my Kinect coupons. I showed the guy in the electronics section the DK vs. Mario image in the ad (I checked and it wasn't in the case) and he went back and looked. After waiting awhile, he came back empty handed and assumed they didn't get it or they had sold out. I'm sure they never made it to the floor, so I'm guessing he couldn't find them. He actually was sending me to Gamestop to pick it up. I later saw the helpful electronics guy and probably should've asked him, since I have a feeling he would've found them. This guy really was good. I had overheard him helping people who went back to him with coupon problems since they were told by someone else that they could not use more than one coupon at a time. He was assuring them they could and letting them know whoever told them that was wrong.

But, I had already considered it a failed test and decided it's easiest to stop making the trip and spending so much time - the money I might potentially save just wasn't really worth the trip + time in store. I found something else to use my coupons on (something I wasn't really planning on, but I was ok with it) and got DK vs Mario at Target.

I feel like all the work SHC-Gamer has done to whip Kmart into shape has gone down the drain because of the holiday rush. I just hope they recover or I will go back to Amazon for my deals and only resort to Kmart as a last resort.

Looks like I am one of the few but was able to get NBA Jam for the 360 today no problem. Printed off with the $20 coupon no problem as well.

For anyone in eastern MA looking for NFS, Apache, and AC: Brotherhood, the Somerville, MA store had a good quantity of all 3 this afternoon. The Saugus, MA store has not had any of them since launch day, so don't waste your time going there. The electronics manager at Saugus, MA who is really friendly and always on the ball with having the games out, had no idea why he didn't get this week's new releases in. He said he's been checking every day and has had to turn away a large number of sales due to never receiving the games. It sounds like there have been a lot of issues with this week's releases, so it may be something to look into. Even the Somerville, MA store did not receive their shipments until today.

[quote name='animalspinners']I can safely say that once my coupon train ends with Epic Mickey, it is going to take a lot more than a good coupon on a new release to get me to commit to another coupon train with K-Mart.

I would really hope that by 2011 K-Mart can start to get its act together.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

I have to say I'm fortunate that my Kmart (W. Babylon, NY) though it looks run down scary and never has any customers has alway had the games and coupons I wanted. My only complaint was Amazon not accepting the Enslaved trade-in, though that worked out as I got $20 from Gamestop towards Donkey Kong and now come Sunday I don't have to worry about Kmart having it in.

As for the help, whenever I've tried to purchase video games at Target (my favorite store I'm there 2 or 3 times a week) I usually recieved similar disinformation. I've stopped asking for help and just search things out b/c they never know what is going on. Fortunatly my GS expereinces have almost always ended well, though there too things always start badly and something has to be approved or over-ridden by someone, but I'm usually ok when I leave.

Moral of the story - good help is hard to find, things happen, but only do business with companies that make things right AFTER they screw it up as they all screw it up.

Hey Josh,

Are you planning on a price drop on NBA 2k11 for the PS3? I see that on Thanksgiving you are selling it for $30 for the wii. I was going to purchase this elsewhere but if there will be any promotion I will certainly purchase it at Kmart.

Thanks

Just bought the last (I think) Sonic Colors for Wii from the Busch Blvd K-Mart in Tampa. It's hard to tell.

I didn't see any NBA Jam for 360 / PS3 but then again I also wasn't really looking since I've got it on Wii. If they have it, it's certainly not out where you can see it since I was checking stock on some other 360 games for BF.

Kmarts B&M problems can be traced to 2 things. Lack of upper management busting some asses and putting people in each department and leave them there. Anytime you go into a Kmart there are never employees in every department. They try to run the stores with 5 people for the whole damn store. Do a count on the number of employees at Walmart or hell even Walgreens.

Question about stocking a future title -

Curious if kmart will be stocking Trackmania for Wii near the end of december. I know a coupon is unlikely, but wonder if this is on your radar to stock in stores, thanks.

Also no luck on NBA Jam 360. :( Will check back next week.

I was teased with almost being able to get NBA Jam on the 360 tonight. There is this one guy (Doug) who works in electronics that is cool as hell who actually will go back and check for things thoroughly. Anyways, after asking about NBA Jam he comes back and says "Well I got good news and bad news... the good news is that they're back there. The bad news is that they haven't been received in the system yet because we just got this new guy that does all the receiving and he's still training and moving slow." :wall:

He's working from 8:00 - 1:00 tomorrow and said that he would make sure I could buy it if i come by since the receiving guy will be working then as well, which is fine since I just need my coupon to kick in on Sunday in time for the Thanksgiving sale.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']0 on hand for all stores for NBA Jam. :( At least I got Sonic Colors. I probably would have flipped Kmart upside down if they didn't get that in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we didnt get it at my store either and to make matters worse weve got a complete box of games missing that had the Sly Collection, Sonic Colors and I believe a No More Heroes game. We show counts on them but nobody seems to know where they are. This really is the worst time of the year for some stores as they hire new people for seasonal, normally young kids who have never worked anywhere before, so mistakes are happening across the board unfortunately.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I was teased with almost being able to get NBA Jam on the 360 tonight. There is this one guy (Doug) who works in electronics that is cool as hell who actually will go back and check for things thoroughly. Anyways, after asking about NBA Jam he comes back and says "Well I got good news and bad news... the good news is that they're back there. The bad news is that they haven't been received in the system yet because we just got this new guy that does all the receiving and he's still training and moving slow." :wall:

He's working from 8:00 - 1:00 tomorrow and said that he would make sure I could buy it if i come by since the receiving guy will be working then as well, which is fine since I just need my coupon to kick in on Sunday in time for the Thanksgiving sale.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I wonder if this is why they have trouble with stocking things.

Does a certain person have to be working to receive and enter product into inventory? That seems crazy that the person assigned to electronics coverage couldn't do it that day.

These posts are making me really nervous. I'm hoping to get Gran Turismo 5 on Wednesday, and now I'm scared I won't find anything, let alone the Collector's Edition I want.

Not sure what to use my Kirby coupon on now. Especially since FIFA isn't on sale for Black Friday. :cry:

For those who didn't get their bonus points with red wii at the time of purchase - has it showed up yet?
Customer service for the rewards program has been a terrible experience. They are like - Wait till the end of time & you will get it. If not, we don't know what to do!

[quote name='specialist']These posts are making me really nervous. I'm hoping to get Gran Turismo 5 on Wednesday, and now I'm scared I won't find anything, let alone the Collector's Edition I want.
:cry:[/QUOTE]

Kmart was unable to purchase collectors editions from sony, unfortunately. No stores will have them, it was posted a few pages back.

They wanted to, it just seems that they all went to other retailers.

Collectors editions are nice but I think the coupons and saving money not buying unnecessary doodads they only add because they were produced for $10 and are being sold at a $30/$40 premium is better.

The GT5 one is one of the better ones, but:

# Exclusive limited edition Kyosho designed 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V
# In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital
# Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
# Voucher for 5 downloadable exclusive high-end cars with custom livery and performance upgrades
# Numbered certificate of authenticity
# Custom collector's packaging

Doesn't sound like worth $40 to me, at least.

[quote name='jer7583']Hmm. I wonder if this is why they have trouble with stocking things.

Does a certain person have to be working to receive and enter product into inventory? That seems crazy that the person assigned to electronics coverage couldn't do it that day.[/QUOTE]

The electronics associate doesnt have the ability to do it, its on the receiving manager to conduct it. Its not difficult though, they simply scan each game in to make sure they werent shorted by the vendor and then it goes to the sales floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back