Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']the usual :)

Name, contact info, receipt #, store location.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything i can do for my lost in the system mygopher giftcard then sit and wait on a paypal claim? No representatives at kmart besides you are helpful with anything...

[quote name='jer7583']ah shit. Josh can't catch a break. Even when things go right on his end some other department makes something break.

Hope I can buy DKCR/Jam today.[/QUOTE]
Tis life :)

One thing that helps is that the blog isn't up so it is only a CAG deal right now. If the blog was up it would have blown up my email.

Not that it makes it better, just in terms of how late I'll be working tomorrow night.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Is there anything i can do for my lost in the system mygopher giftcard then sit and wait on a paypal claim? No representatives at kmart besides you are helpful with anything...[/QUOTE]
I saw your note for sure and I'm investigating how I can help for sure. Hopefully I can!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I saw your note for sure and I'm investigating how I can help for sure. Hopefully I can![/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for looking into it...it's kind of a bummer that no agent from the phone or chat service can seem to do a thing...

[quote name='animalspinners']Read a few posts up - whoever is in charge of updating the systems added the stipulations without his knowledge. Its completely not his fault because from the sounds of it, he wasn't ready for the program to go live.[/QUOTE]
This whole thing is definitely a work in progress :)

I will definitely help out with anyone who had issues. You all can definitely trust that. I actually will have someone starting to help tomorrow just with moderating issues like this and helping so you all don't have to wait for me. Kind of excited about that.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']This whole thing is definitely a work in progress :)

I will definitely help out with anyone who had issues. You all can definitely trust that. I actually will start having help starting tomorrow just with moderating issues like this and helping so you all don't have to wait for me. Kind of excited about that.[/QUOTE]
so how are we going to be compensated? are you mailing a coupon? or dumping sywr points to our accounts?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Splatterhouse promo runs all week so it doesn't activate until next Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info & quick response. Awesome as usual! ;)

No biggie as I'd likely use the $30 & $15 coupons for Epic Mickey presell to get Epic Mickey $5+ tax.

So when you say that the Splatterhouse deal runs throughout the week does that mean the DKCR coupon deal runs through Wednesday which is why those coupons take effect on Thanksgiving Day?

Sorry if it was already answered as this thread moves pretty dang fast. :lol:

Josh to the rescue! Thanks. I'll head out in awhile for the DKCR deal then.

Excited for the deal on Splatterhouse also but unfortunately I've heard next to nothing about the game itself. As long as it doesnt suck that'll be a definite buy also.

[quote name='shosh']so how are we going to be compensated? are you mailing a coupon? or dumping sywr points to our accounts?[/QUOTE]
Mailing a gift card.

Josh,

While you're here right now, I had asked you how early K-Mart opened on Thanksgiving, and you said you'd have to look into it for me. I might have missed the answer since I didn't check the forum for a few days, but do you know what time K-Mart's will be opening on Thanksgiving Day?

Definitely glad I can use at least my one DKC coupon and get Dragon Age for $25... the deal on this keeps getting better and better.

Thanks!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh to the rescue! Thanks. I'll head out in awhile for the DKCR deal then.

Excited for the deal on Splatterhouse also but unfortunately I've heard next to nothing about the game itself. As long as it doesnt suck that'll be a definite buy also.[/QUOTE]

I'm not expecting Splatterhouse to be that good, to be honest.

If only for this (from wiki, but true stuff)
In early 2009, BottleRocket revealed that Namco Bandai Games had made the decision to cut the developer from the project, and had already taken back their console development kits. With no other projects or funding on their plate, BottleRocket was effectively shuttered as a result. NBG explained that the move was due to a "performance issue", hinting at dissatisfaction with the title's progress under BottleRocket's leadership. The project was handed over to the internal development team at NBGA who had recently completed Afro Samurai. Weeks later, it would also become known that NBGA had hired on several members of the original development staff from BottleRocket to help finish the game.[8] The game is now scheduled to be released on November 23rd, 2010.

And then, like you said, there has been next to nothing on the game for a very long time.

I loved Splatterhouse as a kid and the fact you're also getting the original Splatterhouse 1 through 3 on the disc makes it worth it for me. Maybe Namco fixed the game up but Afro Samurai was merely average, imo, so I'm not expecting big things. I'd like to be surprised but my hopes are low.

[quote name='animalspinners']Josh,

While you're here right now, I had asked you how early K-Mart opened on Thanksgiving, and you said you'd have to look into it for me. I might have missed the answer since I didn't check the forum for a few days, but do you know what time K-Mart's will be opening on Thanksgiving Day?

Definitely glad I can use at least my one DKC coupon and get Dragon Age for $25... the deal on this keeps getting better and better.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

6:00am. The info is out there if you go to the Kmart website and do a store search, it will show the hours of operation, including holiday hours. Thanksgiving they are open 6:00am-9:00pm, Black Friday they are open 5:00am-11:00pm and Saturday they are open 6:00am-11:00pm.

There will always be complainers but Kmart absolutely takes care of these problems right away. I love the deals!

Josh is kmart interested in stocking TrackMania for Wii later in december? Not for a coupon, just interested in picking it up at kmart if possible.

[quote name='kitm9891']6:00am. The info is out there if you go to the Kmart website and do a store search, it will show the hours of operation, including holiday hours. Thanksgiving they are open 6:00am-9:00pm, Black Friday they are open 5:00am-11:00pm and Saturday they are open 6:00am-11:00pm.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you!

Since I know you work at K-Mart, is there going to be any Thanksgiving sale display, or will the games just be in the case as normal?

I think I'll be the only one in there at 6 am, haha.

So in regard of the $25 gaming coupon deal towards Gran Turismo 5, i was wondering how can i have some proof on Wednesday in case my Kmart doesn't want to give me the coupon, since this deal isn't mentioned in the ad neither in the kmartGamer blog?.

[quote name='animalspinners']Awesome, thank you!

Since I know you work at K-Mart, is there going to be any Thanksgiving sale display, or will the games just be in the case as normal?

I think I'll be the only one in there at 6 am, haha.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine in the case as normal, I havent received any shippers or displays for games, movies I have, but games I havent.

I'll probably just wait to go in tomorrow, I just hope the Astor Pl. store doesn't pull that if it's not on the shelf we don't have it jive again.

Have any of you guys noticed your K-Mart electronics employees mentioning people coming in buying large quantities of PS3s, 360s, Wiis, and the latest hottest games? When I was getting AC:B the dude mentioned some guy just left with 3 PS3s, 2 360s, 2 Red Wiis, and 6 copies of AC:B.

Dude has money to burn.

Kmart doesn't really care where they go. Sales are sales.

[quote name='pedromvu']So in regard of the $25 gaming coupon deal towards Gran Turismo 5, i was wondering how can i have some proof on Wednesday in case my Kmart doesn't want to give me the coupon, since this deal isn't mentioned in the ad neither in the kmartGamer blog?.[/QUOTE]

Proof isnt going to do much good anyways, the coupon will either print or it wont. If it doesnt then contact Josh and let him fix the problem.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Have any of you guys noticed your K-Mart electronics employees mentioning people coming in buying large quantities of PS3s, 360s, Wiis, and the latest hottest games? When I was getting AC:B the dude mentioned some guy just left with 3 PS3s, 2 360s, 2 Red Wiis, and 6 copies of AC:B.[/QUOTE]

Very strange considering there are like no deals of special note on those systems @ Kmart this week aside from the Wii.

If my store doesn't have Gran Turismo on Tuesday, so help me, you'll be getting stories of magazine racks being kicked over and glitter...

Or me yelling at the worthless employees and being physically carried out of the store by security.

Anyone get Donkey Kong today? I'm just gonna wait and grab it tomorrow night on my way to work. I've got a $25 coupon i've been saving just for this. Hope it's good haven't even thought to check reviews yet.

[quote name='georox']If my store doesn't have Gran Turismo on Tuesday, so help me, you'll be getting stories of magazine racks being kicked over and glitter...

Or me yelling at the worthless employees and being physically carried out of the store by security.[/QUOTE]

Well considering it doesnt release until Wednesday I believe, get prepared to start knocking things down now.

[quote name='georox']If my store doesn't have Gran Turismo on Tuesday, so help me, you'll be getting stories of magazine racks being kicked over and glitter...

Or me yelling at the worthless employees and being physically carried out of the store by security.[/QUOTE]

I think the game doens't come out till Wednesday, the 24th.

[quote name='kitm9891']Well considering it doesnt release until Wednesday I believe, get prepared to start knocking things down now.[/QUOTE]

...You know what I mean. >.>

Anyways...

Now we have to join their track our purchases and send us shit club? Ugh, fuck this, not worth the headache at all now.

[quote name='georox']...You know what I mean. >.>

Anyways...

Now we have to join their track our purchases and send us shit club? Ugh, fuck this, not worth the headache at all now.[/QUOTE]

I find this attitude strange, what exactly do you think they do when they "track" your purchases? Its called marketing, they arent selling your info off to some 3rd party company and at worst they send you emails when they have deals. If those emails bother you then label it as spam and let them drop into your spam folder so you dont even see them. I just dont get why someone would pass up financial savings on games because they dont want Kmart to know what theyre purchasing.

EDIT- To add to this, there is a new stipulation to the SYWR program coming up apparently as now you need to have an email on file to take advantage of the bonus points offers, otherwise you only get base points for the purchase. I dont know when this is going to roll out but a heads up in advance in case another bonus points offer is made on a system or game in the near future.

[quote name='blazein5']beat me to thanks[/QUOTE]

You're going to catch it because it is the post directly before yours, and it's in the original post of the thread.

[quote name='kitm9891']I find this attitude strange, what exactly do you think they do when they "track" your purchases? Its called marketing, they arent selling your info off to some 3rd party company and at worst they send you emails when they have deals. If those emails bother you then label it as spam and let them drop into your spam folder so you dont even see them. I just dont get why someone would pass up financial savings on games because they dont want Kmart to know what theyre purchasing.

EDIT- To add to this, there is a new stipulation to the SYWR program coming up apparently as now you need to have an email on file to take advantage of the bonus points offers, otherwise you only get base points for the purchase. I dont know when this is going to roll out but a heads up in advance in case another bonus points offer is made on a system or game in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Shhh...he's busy fixing his tin foil hat. ;):lol:

[quote name='gravel']You're going to catch it because it is the post directly before yours, and it's in the original post of the thread.[/QUOTE]

ha ha yes I was typing

[quote name='jer7583']Dude has money to burn.

Kmart doesn't really care where they go. Sales are sales.[/QUOTE]
Oh, really? How insightful.

[quote name='kitm9891']I find this attitude strange, what exactly do you think they do when they "track" your purchases? Its called marketing, they arent selling your info off to some 3rd party company and at worst they send you emails when they have deals. If those emails bother you then label it as spam and let them drop into your spam folder so you dont even see them. I just dont get why someone would pass up financial savings on games because they dont want Kmart to know what theyre purchasing.

EDIT- To add to this, there is a new stipulation to the SYWR program coming up apparently as now you need to have an email on file to take advantage of the bonus points offers, otherwise you only get base points for the purchase. I dont know when this is going to roll out but a heads up in advance in case another bonus points offer is made on a system or game in the near future.[/QUOTE]
How the shit do you know what they are doing with our information? You don't.

Every major corp sells information--read the TOS for XBOX Live, PSN, hell EA games.

Josh,

what are you going to do in regards to stores not releasing games on street date? the poll you posted and its results pretty much states that it's a nationwide thing.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']How the shit do you know what they are doing with our information? You don't.

Every major corp sells information--read the TOS for XBOX Live, PSN, hell EA games.[/QUOTE]

I love the way you pose your questions/opinions, Im sure you get plenty of favorable responses when you reply like that.

Josh, any chance of sending out a memo to all the stores about how the nba jam boxes got mislabelled saying "sell on the 24th" (if this is indeed the case) so maybe they will open and put them out now? just tryin to get it while the coups are still available!! (and not with tons of people in the store hah) :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Anyone able to confirm 2 coupons with SYWR + DKCR yet?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was confirmed earlier that to get the second coupon you had to be a SYWR member, unknown to Josh at the time the deal was made.

so what are we supposed to do if we did not get the 2nd 10$ coupon? should we send josh an e-mail with our receipt or what? because I like many others did not get the 2nd coupon and the SYWR thing was down so please let me know

Now, I have a sywr card and use it, but anyone who doesn't at least consider how much information they give out via their purchases should actually invest in a tinfoil hat one day and give it some thought. Because its actually quite easy to establish major pattern trends with the data set provided by your credit card and phone record, let along the rest of it. Do they care about you specifically? No, but that isn't the point.

But the shop your way rewards card? Unless your paying cash, your purchases are already known anyway.

[quote name='360...']so what are we supposed to do if we did not get the 2nd 10$ coupon? should we send josh an e-mail with our receipt or what? because I like many others did not get the 2nd coupon and the SYWR thing was down so please let me know[/QUOTE]

It was already said to email Josh and he will help you out, email is in the OP.

So has anyone had any luck getting DKCR today? I haven't gone up there myself and might end up waiting till Monday (I'm over on that side of town Kmart's at on Monday and I'm really far from it today)

[quote name='Phenomic']So has anyone had any luck getting DKCR today? I haven't gone up there myself and might end up waiting till Monday (I'm over on that side of town Kmart's at on Monday and I'm really far from it today)[/QUOTE]

I got it at 9 am this morning.

Employee had to go in the back and get it but it was the employee I know who is there often, so he believes me when I tell him its supposed to be on sale today and doesnt give me any problems.

I always breathe a huge sigh of relief when I see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back