Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It shows up in your next transaction when you add an item to your cart. Thanks![/QUOTE]

So would I receive a $30 credit on Epic Mickey if I preoreder it kmart.com? please say yes :booty:

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I am puzzled that it has been so difficult w/ nba jam.. Every other store has them in stock around here, Fred Meyer, gamestop, walmart, target, etc.etc.. man, killing me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I couldn't find NBA Jam for the 360 neither. This is ridiculous. I went to 2 stores in Virginia Beach. Stores 3801 and 3560 to be exact. At both stores, each employee refused to look in the back and on their computers. A total waste.

[quote name='Steelpen2']Yeah, I couldn't find NBA Jam for the 360 neither. This is ridiculous. I went to 2 stores in Virginia Beach. Stores 3801 and 3560 to be exact. At both stores, each employee refused to look in the back and on their computers. A total waste.[/QUOTE]

Hampton has NBA Jam in stock if you are willing to put up with the traffic and 30 minute drive.

[quote name='Joartrak']Hampton has NBA Jam in stock if you are willing to put up with the traffic and 30 minute drive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, but I don't think so. Not worth it, especially at this time. Too many idiot drivers out. haha

[quote name='Steelpen2']Thanks for the info, but I don't think so. Not worth it, especially at this time. Too many idiot drivers out. haha[/QUOTE]

that's VA for ya

Has anyone used the rewards card with NBA Jam and got the coupon to print out? Looking through the thread and it seems like most of the sales happened saturday when the coupon printed automatically without the card?

Also, I know Josh is probably swamped right now responding to emails, but is there any sort of average turnaround time for him to respond? Just curious.

thanks.

[quote name='Glasscocked']He's not the only one that cares about it and really you should too. Everyone should. These companies don't give two squirts about you. To them you are a customer, a commodity. They need to get you in the door and buying and only care about your privacy as much as people will tolerate to keep them coming into the store.

You are nothing more to these large companies but a revenue stream and a statistic. Anyone from kmart or anywhere else telling you different is lying. It is the underlying reason in everything they do, they want you to keep coming in and keep buying.[/QUOTE]
You're kind of stating the obvious. It's just that most people don't care and it's a two-way street. Most people on here don't really care about Kmart. The day that the deals go away so will most of us and they know that.

I compare SHC to Cheapy. I'm sure Cheapy likes cheap games and this community but in the end it's all about the money in his pocket. Again, most of us realize this but we don't care since we get what we can from this site. Kmart like CAG are means to an end.

Josh, I'm sure you are swamped with question but if you can I wanted to know about something. I finally got DKC this afternoon and got both coupons no problem. When I got home and checked my e-mail the same 2 coupons were also in my e-mail from SYWR. Obliously I'm not supposed to have double and get $40 so what are these in my e-mail?

Could they be printed off and used or would they not be accepted?

Tried to get DKCR today at the local Kmart.

Took about ten minutes to get an employee back there. The guy was pretty friendly, and he definitely looked like he hunted all over trying to find it. I should've brought in the UPC, but, I was running late today (so didn't).

Anyway, he checked in the back, in the case, and back by lawaway and was unable to find any. I was in the store for about 30 minutes...all for nothing.

Again, the employee was extremely friendly/apologetic...but the situation was still a little ridiculous. I bet they do have copies somewhere.

[quote name='Readthepost']I hate that I have to add to the fire, but I am a customer/commodity and I don't care what info they collect as long as I'm getting a discount or service. I like the fact that some employees and managers recognize me (yes, I let them look directly at my face :roll:) and don't give me a hard time when I stack 2 coupons. There is no benefit hiding your identity or info from kmart.

You should be more worried about your ISP collecting all your data than Kmart sharing your info with a partnered company.

PS-ISP can see everything you do online on the computer.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I would think, generally, that anyone knowledgeable enough to be concerned over kmart tracking is also concerned by other tracking systems. It's also worth noting that people concerned are not concerned by kmart itself... They don't collect enough data that matters. It is kmart, along with your grocery store, and 10 other stores plus your ISP and credit cards put together into a system such as Eschelon where it becomes enough data to mine. Nobody thinks kmart is going to do anything more than give you sales, it's the larger picture that some people are concerned about.

I've actualy seen data mined from a grocery store before. It's incredible what can be figured out about a person... Their age, general health, family size, if they have certain diseases, if they drink or smoke. And that's just based off data from a single source. Does it affect you? Probably not. Could it? Sure. Many companies, inluding insurance companies, would love to get their hands on it. The government already has their hands on quite a bit. Surre, the odds of them researching you specifically are slim, but it's within the realm of reason. Is it worth a deal? I don't know. Some people would love to microchip their babies for safety too.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but as an example, if I want to buy NFS Hot Pursuit on Thanksgiving can I use one of my gaming coupons to knock down the price? Or are coupons off limits Thursday/Friday?

Bought DKCR today and one of my coupons doesn't even have any dates on it? What should I do? Plus I still never got my points for my red wii, I called and requested too and still nothing! Help.

[quote name='jer7583']I havent sold on ebay in years so thanks for the perspective. Itd have to be a pretty large scale (or stupid) operation to make it work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so now hopefully youll get off my back and quit accusing me of trying to use kmart as some great source of reselling material. I made one thread asking about how to handle the new tax codes and you brand me a huge resller for some reason. The amount of people who think buying something for $50 and selling it for $60 means you make a $10 profit on this site is insane. It doesnt work that way. You have to have a grade school education to not factor in sales tax, shipping, ebay fees, paypal fees, and whatever else is involved. So quit making comments about me. You have no idea what i do, so back off.

[quote name='confoosious']once in a while, if the TIV is laughable at all regular places, Ill throw something on ebay. After you figure out their fees and paypal fees, its like the shock of getting your first paycheck and realize uncle sam took a chunk out.

and also, the thought of people ripping me off gives me angst.

i can imagine Call of Duty Hardened and the like would be ok to make some cash (which is why some people were desperate for that inventory list) but if youre riding the kmart train for regular releases, youre not making much,.[/QUOTE]

I was not reselling the game, I had gone through a lot trying to get the fallout and fable ce which i never got anyway. Josh knows this, and he already came to my defense. Stop trying to say i was reselling anything. Can a moderater please get these two guys to quit mentioning it.

uhhh.... i only took psych 101 but this might be what they call a persecution complex.

I was talking about how jer7583 was wrong and you can't make money reselling kmart stuff unless it's a high demand rare item. Because ebay takes too much out in fees and so does paypal. I didn't mention you at all.

to keep this on topic, does anyone know if more red wiis will be available? also, does xbox points and xbox live membership cards count towards the $15 coupon next week.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']I was not reselling the game, I had gone through a lot trying to get the fallout and fable ce which i never got anyway. Josh knows this, and he already came to my defense. Stop trying to say i was reselling anything. Can a moderater please get these two guys to quit mentioning it.[/QUOTE]Uh, there's nothing wrong here. I think you're being a little paranoid about conversations in the thread.

And it's moderator, not moderater.

Are points cards software?

This isn't the first time it's been asked, but since the coupon (as posted by Josh) says with all $39.99 and up gaming software it would seem pretty easy to figure out whether they do or do not count.

Hi guys I have a question to all you KmartGamers,

1. Is it good on ALL Kmarts? Because the one that is a mile away from me has no signs or advertisements whatsoever on these deals.

2. Is there a limit on the number of coupons I can use on one game?

3. If I were to buy a game, and then return it, would I get the full price back that I paid for it? Or would the coupon be deducted out of it?

4. If I returned the game, would the coupon be invalid? Or would it still work?

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

[quote name='emg28']The day that the deals go away so will most of us and they know that.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. If my only brick and mortar option was paying MSRP for a game, then I certainly would not choose K-Mart considering you never know what kind of service you're going to get on a given day.

Everyone one who has reached out to me including yesterday's issues with Donkey Kong and NBA Jam have had their issues escalated to my CS team from me with directions on how to resolve.

Only took all day but hey, what are Monday's for :)

1#i think some stores dont honor the deals. not sure.2#no, but it must be above the coupon value. for instance a $19.99 game is a penny short for a $20 coupon.3#you should get the full price but dont screw kmart over and make sure you return the coupon back. they are not making it necessary to have a SYWR account so if you use a coupon you shouldnt have, they will know.4#look at 3

Finally got DKCR and NBA Jam! Hales Corners, WI is the way to go. Jenny there was real nice. Funny thing is she asked if I worked for Kmart because I knew more about the deals than she did, lol.

Gonna go do that website form for a good customer service experience.

Also found Spiderman Web of Shadows for $15. Been looking for that so I snapped it up. That stores has a ton of awesome stuff to use $10/$15 coupons on if there's no more new releases to get. Going to go there from now on, I think. it's closer than waukesha or brookfield for me.

[quote name='Glasscocked']He's not the only one that cares about it and really you should too. Everyone should. These companies don't give two squirts about you. To them you are a customer, a commodity. They need to get you in the door and buying and only care about your privacy as much as people will tolerate to keep them coming into the store.

You are nothing more to these large companies but a revenue stream and a statistic. Anyone from kmart or anywhere else telling you different is lying. It is the underlying reason in everything they do, they want you to keep coming in and keep buying.[/QUOTE]
Well, yes and no. First, yes, have to make money and it is beneficial for me to be posting here due to how the deals spread based on CAG's energy and wonderful members.

However, and in no way am I diminishing CAG at all, this forum represents a very small portion of our overall business. I am here primarily because I really and truly like to be. If I left Kmart/Sears for any reason, I would still be posting in CAG. The relationships here have grown to something I truly value and is fundmentally why I am so defensive with everyone internally when things are not working correctly for you all.

For the new page:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but as an example, if I want to buy NFS Hot Pursuit on Thanksgiving can I use one of my gaming coupons to knock down the price? Or are coupons off limits Thursday/Friday?

[quote name='ZombieZapper']Hi guys I have a question to all you KmartGamers,

1. Is it good on ALL Kmarts? Because the one that is a mile away from me has no signs or advertisements whatsoever on these deals.

3. If I were to buy a game, and then return it, would I get the full price back that I paid for it? Or would the coupon be deducted out of it?

Thank you guys, much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

yes, no (as long as they're different barcodes), you get the amount you paid back for it you thieving jerk, and you have to forfeit the coupon if you return the game you thieving jerk

[quote name='mjc819']For the new page:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but as an example, if I want to buy NFS Hot Pursuit on Thanksgiving can I use one of my gaming coupons to knock down the price? Or are coupons off limits Thursday/Friday?[/QUOTE]

if your coupon says it can be used this week, you can use it on anything game related. if you have points available, you can use those too. you cannot use multiple of the same coupon (barcode) on a single transaction. just do multiple transactions if you have multiple of the same coupon.

[quote name='ZombieZapper']Hi guys I have a question to all you KmartGamers,

Thank you guys, much appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Meh buying and returning for free coupons and using them all to get free games was such a hassle. I just run in with my boomstick and yell shop smart shop kmart start shooting and grab all the games I want and the cash drawer much more convenient. Those without mad GTA skills might want to pass on this, the getaway is key to success.

[quote name='Scorch']yes, no (as long as they're different barcodes), you get the amount you paid back for it you thieving jerk, and you have to forfeit the coupon if you return the game you thieving jerk[/QUOTE]

They ask you to forfeit the coupon? LOL seriously?

I knew hanging on to my $25 gaming coupon from buying the Kinect was a good idea. Planning on scooping up Assasin's Creed: Brotherhood for $14.99, ($39.99 sale less the $25 = $14.99).

I'll probably, (if I can manage to get one on Black Friday), get the Dragon Age Ultimate deal for $34.99 as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well, yes and no. First, yes, have to make money and it is beneficial for me to be posting here due to how the deals spread based on CAG's energy and wonderful members.

However, and in no way am I diminishing CAG at all, this forum represents a very small portion of our overall business. I am here primarily because I really and truly like to be. If I left Kmart/Sears for any reason, I would still be posting in CAG. The relationships here have grown to something I truly value and is fundmentally why I am so defensive with everyone internally when things are not working correctly for you all.[/QUOTE]

If there is a practical purpose for posting here it's building relationships with customers to keep them coming back and also to give you a sense of how these promotions are really going on a store level.

If people like us who check this thread multiple times a week/day are having problems, the guy who just picked up the ad in the sunday paper and walked in certainly will be too.

Josh, I can't find that form to fill out to reccomend an associate for good service/doing a good job. Searching the thread for "customer service" or something turns up a ton of results, do you think you could add that link to the OP, just so employees who get it right can get a little recognition?

[quote name='ZombieZapper']They ask you to forfeit the coupon? LOL seriously?[/QUOTE]

Should we expect to see you on the 11 o'clock news? ;)

I'm excited for Wednesday morning for Gran Turismo 5, hopefully they have the CE, if not, no big deal I'll get the normal edition. I have a coupon saved for a bit now from the Vanquish deal.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm excited for Wednesday morning for Gran Turismo 5, hopefully they have the CE, if not, no big deal I'll get the normal edition. I have a coupon saved for a bit now from the Vanquish deal.[/QUOTE]

Stock Boy has already said that no store will have the CE. They weren't able to get any allocation for that title.

I am so done with Kmart. Besides the issues with still not receiving the 25,000 points or the card in the mail, over the past week I've gone in 4 times for Sly, NFS, NBA Jam, and then today DKCR. I was planning on using the $25 towards DK, then the $20 towards Epic Mickey. Guess what? No go on ANY of those games at the paramus, NJ Kmart. the associate was nice enough to look in the back for 10 minutes and only came back with 1 copy of Just Dance Kids (for my daughter). Of course, THAT shows up on my receipt with 200 SYWR points but yet still no COD points. The SYWR site is still not letting me log in.
So, I went to Target, saw DKCR right there in the case, bought the game, and out in less than 5 minutes with a $10 gift card. Not as good as the $20 but it'll have to do. If only things worked AS THEY SHOULD at Kmart. Can't wait to use $15 Epic Mickey and then maybe I'll come back to Kmart some day when this company and its stores get their act together.

Josh ~ I know it's about 2 months out, but can we expect the CE of Dead Space 2? If not, what about the PC version? I hope to have a PS3 by then, but financially it's not looking likely. However I do have a decent gaming PC.

Thanks!

[quote name='Killbomb']I have to agree with this. If my only brick and mortar option was paying MSRP for a game, then I certainly would not choose K-Mart considering you never know what kind of service you're going to get on a given day.[/QUOTE]

Oh no doubt, these deals are the only reason I even bother with Kmart. While I was checking games the other day I thought I would check on some milkbone dog cookies. I usually get them at Target for around $2.50/box, walmart is usually $3.50 or so. Kmart was like $4.28. I have never, ever seen them this high anywhere. That was enough to turn me off Kmart for anything other than cheap games.

[quote name='jer7583']If there is a practical purpose for posting here it's building relationships with customers to keep them coming back and also to give you a sense of how these promotions are really going on a store level.

If people like us who check this thread multiple times a week/day are having problems, the guy who just picked up the ad in the sunday paper and walked in certainly will be too.
[/QUOTE]

This I agree with.

We go in armed with release dates, knowledge of store stock beyond what the average customer knows, a direct link to the video game buyer, detailed knowledge about how the blog, gaming coupons and SYWR card works, and we STILL have problems.

The average customer, especially the average K-Mart customer, has absolutely no chance. They take things at face value and will just walk out as soon as an employee says no.

For every CAG who hears "If it's not in the case we don't have it" and fights to make a sale there is another customer who is leaving, going to Gamestop, and not coming back. I agree that we are a good gauge to figure out which stores this is working at and which stores it isn't, because if one person is having a problem everyone probably is.

Hi, new to the site. Friend told me about the Kmart deals and i was amazed when i found this thread. Only thing is i dont quite understand how they work. I have been shopping at kmart for my games for about a year now since its the closest place to me and normally they have enough copies of what i need in stock for what im always looking for.

1. 11-23 Red Dead Undead $10 gaming coupon
Must be a Shop Your Way Reward Member

2. 11-16 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $20 gaming coupon
10% savings only on the PS3 or XBOX 360 versions of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (before taxes and after other discounts have been applied) in a single transaction while supplies last. Valid on mygofer.com only. Coupon code: GOFERBROTHERHOOD.
Cannot combine with any other coupon and cannot double. Not valid on commercial orders or with any other coupons or on previous purchases. In the event of a return, savings may be deducted from your refund. Void if acquired from a non Sears Holdings-approved channel; if reproduced; and/or, where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud.
Mygofer reserves the right to terminate or modify this offer at any time for failure to comply with its terms and/or due to any operational malfunction of the software, hardware or equipment required to process this offer. Offer good 12:00 a.m. CT 11/16/2010 through 11:59 p.m. CT on 11/26//2010.
In comments, ensure you request, include $20 gaming coupon with order.
Only available for close to 600 locations.

3. 11-16 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $25 gaming coupon
In the circular it says it's only a $20, I worked out a last second deal to improve the offer to $25. If the register doesn't spit out the bonus $5 just shoot me an email and we'll get you taken care of.

4.Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (was $49.99)

Those are the 4 deals im looking at and im a little confused on how i get these. Im a shop your way rewards member*Signed up a moment ago* and i guess im just not hte brighest crayon in the box for not understanding how these coupons work but could i get a little help here?

Gaming Coupons print out at the end of the transaction and can be used on the dates that they're specified. The Need For Speed and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood coupons were last week's offers and are no longer valid (hence the "Valid November 14th through November 20th").

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Should we expect to see you on the 11 o'clock news? ;)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so. Does the receipt even indicate that I received a coupon?

If they give out gift reciepts, I'll just ask for one. Pay with cash, and I received it as a gift. Problem solved, but I highly doubt they would ask me for the coupon. Like if I said I threw it out they wouldn't let me return the game. They wouldn't have the balls to do that. :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']Gaming Coupons print out at the end of the transaction and can be used on the dates that they're specified. The Need For Speed and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood coupons were last week's offers and are no longer valid (hence the "Valid November 14th through November 20th").[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, well how does the Red Dead Undead Nightmare one work?

Just curious, how have you been shopping at K-Mart for a year for your games and not once ever encountered a gaming coupon? This program has been going on for about seven months.

[quote name='keywork']Oh okay, well how does the Red Dead Undead Nightmare one work?[/QUOTE]

I told you in my post.

[quote name='Scorch']Gaming Coupons print out at the end of the transaction and can be used on the dates that they're specified. [/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back