Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FINALBOSS']You can use it on anything you want as long as it is game related.

Systems, games, accessories, points cards, whatever.[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

And 1 last question if no one minds. I'm not a member of any Kmart rewards programs. Will I still be given the option to sign up and get my GC after I buy the game and lastly how long will it take for me to sign up and get my GC?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is the SYWR site still screwed up for people? I logged in for the first time, and it's telling me my member number is invalid...yet it's right here on my card. I have a stack of receipts that I want to add to my card.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. I still have two receipts that I entered over a month ago that still haven't posted. It hasn't been a pleasant experience.

I gave up on waiting for my Kmart to fix it's Shop Your Way rewards network and got Donkey Kong with just the one coupon. I emailed Josh and hopefully i can get my second coupon.

Kinda bummed out that my Kmart is so lame still. They can't enter the rewards cards manually either, their entire rewards network is cut off.

[quote name='JohnDoe8865']Good luck with that. I still have two receipts that I entered over a month ago that still haven't posted. It hasn't been a pleasant experience.[/QUOTE]
I can't even log in still! lol Hope they fix there stuff

[quote name='nbballard']I heard Amazon was selling it the same day Sony posted it on the blog- but I haven't seen it in store.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully Josh will make a deal on the new headset.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']How's the game though? It looks poopy :eek:[/QUOTE]
eurogamer gave it a 6/10. So I guess you'd just have to decide if it's worth the $34 or so after that $30 coupon. I'll just wait awhile and buy it for less than $30 anyway. Or more likely I won't buy it ever.

So I was thinking of using my $25 GT5 coupon on Alan Wake but does anyone know if Kmart dropped the price to $29.99? Pretty much everywhere else it has dropped but the last time I checked it was still $39.99. How often will Kmart drop their prices? The 1st DLC is only $4 this week so I might end up going used if Kmart still has it at the higher price.

[quote name='Joartrak']OH! For those who are still waiting on your SYWR card and wanting it before Thanksgiving you can go to Kmart and sign up again to get your card on the spot. Call the 1-800 number and they will merge your accounts. :D[/QUOTE]

@Joartrak, thanks for the info. I had set up a SYWR account back in late October and requested credit for 3 game purchases. Somehow, this account doesn't exist anymore and I can't seem to access it anymore. I had to sign up for another one online yesterday to get the 2 $10 gaming coupons with :wii: DKCR purchase in-store. I'll try and call the 1-800 # to merge my 2 accounts, which both exist in the Kmart store computer system.

Even though :wii: DKCR was released this past Sunday, it was not even in the glass case on Monday night 6:30 pm (11/22) at store# 3595. I had to ask the Kmart electronics employee for it and he got one copy from the back of the store. SHC Gamer has been providing lots of great deals on new releases, but when the new releases aren't out on the floor on release day, Kmart probably loses sales from normal Kmart shoppers not just CAGs and other bargain hunters.

How crazy do you guys think kmart will be on Thanksgiving compared to Black Friday? I'm thinking about snagging a game or two on Thanksgiving to avoid a little bit of the crowd, or well so I think.

[quote name='iso135']How crazy do you guys think kmart will be on Thanksgiving compared to Black Friday? I'm thinking about snagging a game or two on Thanksgiving to avoid a little bit of the crowd, or well so I think.[/QUOTE]

This is my plan as well seems the sales are about the same both days on the stuff I want, hope it's not crowded at all.

Well, today my K-Mart tells me they have 2 copies of NBA Jam on hand, but the electronics employee was unable to find it. The employee said that sometimes the inventory on the computers is updated before the trucks arrive. After trying several times to get the game at K-Mart I gave in and bought it at Wal-Mart. While waiting in Electronics I also noticed Splatterhouse and Red Dead Undead Nightmare collection were not on display. I love the deals Josh, I just wish my store would get their act together.

[quote name='Scorch']Is it just me, or are these questions getting sillier and sillier?

.[/QUOTE]

You see I did call and the 2 stores in my area said they didn't have it. So I was trying to find out if there if it was worth me stopping by one out of the way. People always have smart remarks. LOL

[quote name='Tkfourtwoone']This is my plan as well seems the sales are about the same both days on the stuff I want, hope it's not crowded at all.[/QUOTE]

That is what I am hoping for. Which games you looking for?

I am trying to decide between:
Assassins creed brotherhood
Dragon age ultimate
fable 3

Not real sure what to pick, I can see myself liking any of them, and I have 25 dollars worth of credit!

[quote name='tardoman']The employee said that sometimes the inventory on the computers is updated before the trucks arrive.[/quote]

There's no way that's correct. There'd be no way to verify if what's on the truck actually makes it into the stores and that'd be a huge LP issue.

[quote name='Lupin']Thank you.

And 1 last question if no one minds. I'm not a member of any Kmart rewards programs. Will I still be given the option to sign up and get my GC after I buy the game and lastly how long will it take for me to sign up and get my GC?[/QUOTE]

Sign up for rewards first. Takes a few minutes. Use rewards card during purchase. Coupon prints out with receipt.

Just got back from the Bridgeton, MO store with Splatterhouse and DKCR. The clerk had some trouble finding Splatterhouse because it was on the very bottom of the case in a little basket behind another basket. Red Dead Undead was in the same basket. Usually this store is good about having the new releases displayed properly so I can overlook it this time. :D Got all 3 coupons that I was supposed to, used my reward points with no problem and the clerk even knew about the coupons and was friendly.

[quote name='ShockandAww']eurogamer gave it a 6/10. So I guess you'd just have to decide if it's worth the $34 or so after that $30 coupon. I'll just wait awhile and buy it for less than $30 anyway. Or more likely I won't buy it ever.[/QUOTE]

6/10 is acceptable for the first review. I'm actually expecting worse unfortunately. Going to keep my copy wrapped until after work tonight to see if other reviews start rolling in.

[quote name='Dranakin']I always get a 20+ min. hold time, so I tried emailing them this morning. How long does it take for them to get back to you? I'm just so used to Amazon, where they reply within hours, if not minutes, that I keep checking my spam box to see if I got a response from Kmart.

(When I've been waiting six weeks for a card/PIN to use my points on BF, I tend to get a little antsy)[/QUOTE]

When I emailed them in September, they got back to me the next day. However, I just emailed them 2-3 days ago about the Missing Points Credit page not submitting correctly and have yet to get a reply. I think Josh mentioned that they've been having issues getting up the new SYWR site, so that's probably not helping turnaround. I'm still waiting for my COD points to post, so I'll probably be sending another email soon. Should have mentioned this before, but they asked me to send my name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to receive the new card.

Josh or Stock Boy - Any idea when the new PS3 headsets are coming in stores? I really want to pick one up using a gaming coupon that I have.

[quote name='gepet0']You see I did call and the 2 stores in my area said they didn't have it. So I was trying to find out if there if it was worth me stopping by one out of the way. People always have smart remarks. LOL[/QUOTE]
So call the store out of the way...he was right.

Went to get Splatterhouse around noon today and the guy there looked for it for awhile before telling me it was likely to still be on the truck and that it would likely be some time before it was unloaded, but to call back later and he'd hold one for me. I called back 3 hours later only to be left on hold indefinitely. After 20 minutes waited in curiosity, I surrendered the call.

Why Kmart? Why don't you want my money? Why must your electronics employees insist on displaying the distain they feel towards customers every time I'm in there trying to spend money?

Regardless, the deal calls out to me as so many of them do, I shall return there later in hopes of obtaining my game.

Oh for Christ Sake's, that store that has an inventory of 2 NBA Jam still can't find their copies. They have Splatterhouse though so that's something I guess. But seriously, I don't know why either of my stores don't have NBA Jam. It's ridiculous.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']So call the store out of the way...he was right.[/QUOTE]

Right about what? Is it what ever you deemed to be a silly question? I think it was a fair question considering some peoples complaints on release. So for me that is all that counts. Thanks.

Went today and picked up Read Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare & Donkey Kong Country Returns. All were in the case (but not easily displayed) and spined. Saw that Sonic Colors was sitting amongst the bargin games outside the case.

In their defense of all the times I've been there looking for new release games I have YET to see another customer actually PURCHASE or request a game be pulled out of the case. It seems like I'm the only one who actively shops for new release games at this Kmart.

Saw Splatterhouse for both systems in the case as well. Didn't notice if NBA Jam was there for either system as it's not on my "gaming radar".

[quote name='gepet0']Right about what? Is it what ever you deemed to be a silly question? I think it was a fair question considering some peoples complaints on release. So for me that is all that counts. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You should at least explain your situation before asking that question, if that's the case.

[quote name='gepet0']Right about what? Is it what ever you deemed to be a silly question? I think it was a fair question considering some peoples complaints on release. So for me that is all that counts. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
He was right about calling. You said you did call 2 stores but wanted to check with everyone here before going out of your way to another store---that's why I said CALL that store...

What's so hard here?

[quote name='Scorch']There's no way that's correct. There'd be no way to verify if what's on the truck actually makes it into the stores and that'd be a huge LP issue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I assumed it was just one of those "retail lies" to get rid of a customer. This employee and his family were nuisances when I worked at Hollywood Video. They always had a new excuse why they couldn't pay their late fees.

Previously when I was attempting to find NBA Jam a new employee named Cameron searched high and low for the game to no avail. He eventually took my name and number to inform me when they find a copy. A nice touch, but I'm doubtful I'll receive a call.

It's just odd to me that DKCR was actually available and easily found by the employee on the release date, but NBA Jam is still unable to be located.

just got back from my local one.. no dkc, no splatterhouse, no nba jam, so you get none of my money. i almost want to apply there just so i can rearrange the game case and have popular games displayed instead of shoving them in new release overstock.

it's getting harder and harder to defend k-mart. my store's not retarded, they've been on the ball before.. hell, they had signs for force unleashed 2 for $39.99, so someone's paying a little attention.. why can't new release games get bundled with new release dvd's in the shipments?? dvd's never seem to have trouble getting to the shelf.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']He was right about calling. You said you did call 2 stores but wanted to check with everyone here before going out of your way to another store---that's why I said CALL that store...

What's so hard here?[/QUOTE]

Who said anything is hard? 1 I said I called 2 stores. There are not that many in my area and I am pressed for time. 2 there was a poll questioing release day item availibilty. 3 I thought there was a kmart inventory guy here. So I asked to see if anyone else had luck and provide info the kmart guy did. Lets leave it at this and get back to the games.

Where can I track down SHC-Gamer's email address? Im trying to find a way to contact him in regards to this coupon issue im having. Either im blatantly a noob or just dumb :) I tried to PM him if thats the same but it says that users doesnt accept PM's. I appreciate the help guys

Went into Santa Rosa Kmart (#4340) walked in, saw the game for display, the girl at the counter grabbed it, I presented my Rewards card (used my $25 worth of points from CoD: Black ops) and out came both $10 coupons. NO hassle at all.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Where can I track down SHC-Gamer's email address? Im trying to find a way to contact him in regards to this coupon issue im having. Either im blatantly a noob or just dumb :) I tried to PM him if thats the same but it says that users doesnt accept PM's. I appreciate the help guys[/QUOTE]

check the very first page, the very first post, towards the bottom of said post...

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Heads up for people who are new to the shop your way rewards stuff. I signed up the other day and printed out the temporary card. I went to Kmart today to buy the red dead undead nightmare game. I'm at the register and ask the guy about the $10 gaming coupon and he said it should print out at the end. I didn't mention the sywr thing because this was my first time using it and I assumed he would ask me for it when it was time. After I paid and used a $20 gaming coupon from fable 3, nothing printed out. I showed him my temporary card and he said it was too late because the transaction was complete and that I should go to customer service and tried to get a refund. Went to customer service, lady told me that I used a $20 gaming coupon and that if she gave me a refund, I would lose the $20 gaming coupon and would end up paying full price for the game ($29.99). I asked if I could get a giftcard but she said nothing could be done.

So the lesson is to present your sywr thing to the person before you pay. Don't expect them to ask you to present the card. Oh well, no $10 for me. =(

I won't bother Josh with a email about $10. I'm just happy they had the game in stock and that I got $20 off. I know what to do next time I buy a game from Kmart, present the sywr thing to the cashier before I pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pango5k']Another great trip to my local K-mart, North Canton Ohio. Got there alittle after 8am and the guy was just closing up the case with Splatterhouse in it. I asked for it and got it no problem. He was even nice enough to explain the rewards card to me that I signed up for with my last purchase.

All in all I've been very pleased with K-mart recently and look forward to even more trips for games there.[/QUOTE]

Pango

If ya get time pm with an opinion on game..thinking about picking it up tomorrow!

[quote name='Scorch']
it's getting harder and harder to defend k-mart. my store's not retarded, they've been on the ball before.. hell, they had signs for force unleashed 2 for $39.99, so someone's paying a little attention.. why can't new release games get bundled with new release dvd's in the shipments?? dvd's never seem to have trouble getting to the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they still do this, but when I managed K-Mart in Electronics years ago we had rep's from DVD companies stop by every Tuesday to ensure the product was out. There was a guy from Disney who would come every Tuesday morning and we'd talk for about 20 or 30 minutes, he was a cool guy. His job was to ensure his product was out and displayed, and even though I made sure to do that anyways, it was extra incentive to get it done before he showed up.

Like I said, this was years ago, maybe they don't do this anymore, but this may be why DVD's hit the shelf and not video games.

The Sony, Nintendo and MS reps avoided K-Mart like the plague... I saw them each only one time in my entire year or so I worked for K-Mart.

Well, about to head off for RDR:UN. Let's see if my store decided to put it out yet or not. Given their track record since GH:WOR came out, I'm leaning towards no, but hey, I like surprises.

my store is officially holding high $ coupon games. There is no other way they could be missing everything and then BAM! day after promo ends they are all suddenly there.

this is total bs

I finally managed to get a copy of NBA Jam (360) at Kmart. I went to Kmart store 3801, in Virginia Beach. There were no copies behind the glass. The games that were inside the glass were face down and couldn't be seen. I asked the associate if he received any NBA Jams for the 360 and he said no. However he had some boxes on his cart and he said he would look in there. Lo and behold NBA Jam was in there among other games. It looked like they were just "thrown" in the box, prior to shipment.

Does K-Mart even care about their products?

[quote name='merchie89']my store is officially holding high $ coupon games. There is no other way they could be missing everything and then BAM! day after promo ends they are all suddenly there.

this is total bs[/QUOTE]
(laugh) Wow. Can they actually get away with that?

Got DKCR at the Tallahassee, FL store.

They still had releases for today in boxes, not put out on shelves yet. It was around 1pm. They should do this the night before or first thing in the morning. Still no NBA Jam (probably in some of those boxes). Didn't bother to ask, just wanted to get out of there. I'll buy NBA Jam elsewhere.

[quote name='merchie89']my store is officially holding high $ coupon games. There is no other way they could be missing everything and then BAM! day after promo ends they are all suddenly there.

this is total bs[/QUOTE]

Might as well email Mr. Deane

Anyways, I was in and out of Memphis within 10 minutes. Somehow, NBA Jam "magically appeared" and Splatterhouse was in the case. No Majin though but I think it was stated that it won't be carried at KMart.

Coupons printed out. The NBA Jam one has a new line saying that you must be a SYWR member to redeem.

Hopefully, I'll be 2 for 2 tomorrow when GT5 is out of the box. *crosses fingers*

Really wanted to pick up splatterhouse for the 30 coupon!!! and too bad these coupons arent good for this week :( oh well thats how the game is played

SHC-Gamer, can you please tell me if the following Kmart has The Sly Cooper Collection in stock?
5100 Stockton BLVD
Sacramento, CA 95820

Those guys have the WORST customer service, and store, and they keep disconnecting me and not answering my question. I really don't want to drive 30 minutes there just to have some rude asshole tell me "it's not in stock" just because he couldn't be bothered to check the stock room.

Last time I went (for the Red Wii) no one was at electronics for the first 20 minutes of opening. I asked someone stock toys if they could help (or find someone) me, and she just said no and carried on her business.

It is completely and 100% obvious we are having serious issues getting product to the sales floor. This is definitely not a shipping issue as we analyzed our proof of delivery's and everything is accounted for. This is a major problem and it has my full attention.

As always, if you run into an issue in which you could not get a game due to it not being on the floor (we'll confirm inventory is still present) I will work with you to get it taken care of or provide value of some sort.

Always feel free to contact me, don't by shy :) Just please be patient as much as possible as I am receiving a lot of requests unfortunately.

I think things are about to go from bad, to worse. With the biggest shopping season coming, customer service is going to go from bad to basically non exsistent. Unless they put the blog offers in the ad so we have hard proof of things to show to managers who won\'t roll their eyes at us when we say \"blog\", everyone should prepare to experience crappy service all the time.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is completely and 100% obvious we are having serious issues getting product to the sales floor. This is definitely not a shipping issue as we analyzed our proof of delivery's and everything is accounted for. This is a major problem and it has my full attention.

As always, if you run into an issue in which you could not get a game due to it not being on the floor (we'll confirm inventory is still present) I will work with you to get it taken care of or provide value of some sort.

Always feel free to contact me, don't by shy :) Just please be patient as much as possible as I am receiving a lot of requests unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again SHC.

mywhitenoise, I plan on going to the Sac store later today. I'll post if they have it in stock via my phone.

Yes, I agree with you. That store has the worst customer service.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is completely and 100% obvious we are having serious issues getting product to the sales floor. This is definitely not a shipping issue as we analyzed our proof of delivery's and everything is accounted for. This is a major problem and it has my full attention.

Always feel free to contact me, don't by shy :) Just please be patient as much as possible as I am receiving a lot of requests unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this kind of thing gets resolved. I noticed more times that a K-Mart store would say the ol' "New releases come out on Tuesday" line and yet when you go back the next day, the games you were asking for that will come out on a Tuesday is there right now.

I think sending a list of upcoming game releases to all the Electronics department so it can be posted near their departments would be a keen idea. And probably should be updated whenever there's a big release that wasn't projected to come out so soon (for example, Gran Turismo 5 or NBA Jam HD). That way, when there's a game that is supposed to be out that's not in their proper shelf space, you'd point to the release list that's posted in case they give you the ol' "K-Mart receives games much later than other retailers" bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back