Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to go to Kmart for GT5 after running some holiday errands. There was only one woman working the electronics department, and the games shelf was barren. There was nothing there but games that have been out for months. The only new game behind the glass was Splatterhouse.

I asked the lady if she could check her stock and she was happy to oblige. She wheeled out a shopping cart stacked to the top and then some of nothing but shipping boxes. Each box revealed games that should have already been on the shelf. After a few boxes she finally found a big stash of GT5. She rang me up, used my SYW phone number, and printed out my $25 coupon no problem. It must have been a hassle for her to wade through the countless boxes, but she was determined to help me.

A somewhat good experience at my Kmart. Who would have thought?

lol amazing how they will probably sit on these $60 games long enough for them to get price drops before anyone can even buy them without asking someone to go on an expedition to this mythical stock room.

I love these deals but kmart is a strange company. Makes zero sense from a business standpoint.

Buy low margin, quick to drop in price product.

Let product rot in back room for 3-4 weeks.

Make product available after MSRP has dropped to below originally profitable levels.

Act like your customers are a pain in the ass for asking for said unstocked product.

The way this part of the store is handled needs to be completely redesigned. Shouldn't take someone more than 6-7 hours a week to stock new releases, even in the busiest times of year like this.

Does Assasins Creed BrotherHood if bought tomorrow on Thanksgiving come with a $15 gaming coupon? If so can it be used the following day on Black Friday? Sorry if this is a repost but I have spent a good amount of time trying to find a direct answer and have had zero luck. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Does Assasins Creed BrotherHood if bought tomorrow on Thanksgiving come with a $15 gaming coupon? If so can it be used the following day on Black Friday? Sorry if this is a repost but I have spent a good amount of time trying to find a direct answer and have had zero luck. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

the OP says no coupon just the game

He's thinking of the buy any $39.99 and up deal. Check your dates on that deal.

AC:Brotherhood is $39.99 tomorrow, no coupon.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Does Assasins Creed BrotherHood if bought tomorrow on Thanksgiving come with a $15 gaming coupon? If so can it be used the following day on Black Friday? Sorry if this is a repost but I have spent a good amount of time trying to find a direct answer and have had zero luck. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The definitive list of deals is in the OP. It's 39.99 tomorrow and no coupon.

6-7 hours to stock new releases? It takes less than half an hour, maybe an hour at the most. It's the easiest thing in the world to transfer product in, price it, and get it on the shelf. It irks me to no end that these people still have a job while other possibly more dedicated people who would LOVE to give a shit continue to be unemployed.

[quote name='Scorch']6-7 hours to stock new releases? It takes less than half an hour, maybe an hour at the most. It's the easiest thing in the world to transfer product in, price it, and get it on the shelf. It irks me to no end that these people still have a job while other possibly more dedicated people who would LOVE to give a shit continue to be unemployed.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I did my fair share of stocking Electronics at K-Mart and it takes 30 minutes if you've got a lot and know where it all is, an hour tops if you've got to find it and make room.

The sad part is, these substandard practices are why K-Mart gained such a negative image and eventually went bankrupt. Josh is doing what he can to reverse K-Mart's image but damn if the store employees aren't working hard to make sure they are still a joke.

It's like nobody in this entire damn company besides Josh and Stock Boy take ANY pride in their work.

[quote name='animalspinners']It's like nobody in this entire damn company besides Josh and Stock Boy take ANY pride in their work.[/QUOTE]

That's probably true, now :D

To be fair, I gotta add kitm to the list of people who do give a damn.

But it seems like nobody at corporate does and they all repeatedly turn a blind eye to what Josh is telling them. I mean, what kind of executive doesn't jump out of his chair and declare code red when your video game buyer is telling them some of the stuff going on at the store level? Even hearing "employees are not placing new stock out and we're losing sales" doesn't seem to be taken seriously by corporate.

You think this stuff would be fixed immediately, not still be happening six months in.

And I doubt Electronics is an isolated incident... if this bad service is happening at Electronics, I guarantee it's happening elsewhere as well. But for some reason, nobody cares. Not employees, not managers, store managers or district managers.. not even corporate. A wave of apathy sweeps over me when I step into K-Mart now.

Speaking of improper stocking, I fell victim to it today. The game case is an absolutely mess at my store. Not sure where the normal lady is, but she's not doing the stocking. However, it actually helped me today.

I didn't see any copies of Donkey Kong Country Returns. So I started looking around in the Wii games. Low and behold, there was a lone copy on top of two random games in front of a third random game. Glad I go this and saw 5 copies of Dragon Age for tomorrow, but it's just a shame. After Monday or Tuesday, depending on when Mickey is stocked, I will probably be done for a few weeks. Maybe by then things will be less crazy and more organized.

But in all fairness, it is the day before Thanksgiving and Black Friday insanity is looming.

Took about 40 min to pick up Gran Turismo because they had to go to the back to find it but it is all good because K-Mart rocks! lol Oh yah whats the thing that you can refer an employee for there good work? I can't find it on the K-Mart site!

[quote name='likeme']Is it true that Kmart will open at 6 am tomorrow:hot:[/QUOTE]

Seems to be. I'm dreading the crowds tomorrow morning at my local KMart, but I have $95 in coupons to spend and I cannot pass up these deals.

Is that "Mass Effect 2 $9.99 + save $10 on Xbox Live 1600 Point Card w/purchase" sale Friday only or Thursday also? I know the OP indicates Friday, but I'm very positive I've seen that this deal will be live Thursday also.

[quote name='sharpeone']Seems to be. I'm dreading the crowds tomorrow morning at my local KMart, but I have $95 in coupons to spend and I cannot pass up these deals.[/QUOTE]

I can guarantee you there will be no one there at 6 am besides you and the employees and maybe a few other people.

Most people aren't even aware K-Mart is open tomorrow and even less are aware they are open at 6 am.

No way there will be crowds. Black Friday, definitely, but Thanksgiving? No way.

Since my Kmart does not appear to have DKCR in stock and God only knows if I will get over there again this week/end;I have moved on.
Sorry and thank you Josh for all of your efforts!!
Sincerely!

[quote name='seanbluedevilfan']Can somebody give me the UPC code for Donkey Kong Country Returns? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Done. 045496902001

GOOD NEWS!!! They finally had their Fallout NV coaster boxes out! Yea, I'm not kidding.

In other news, I was able to pick up GT5 and Splatterhouse. Still no Sly Cooper, which stinks, since today was the end of the promo.

Still didn't find time to go check..god damn it. Tommorow i'm busy with Turkey Day so thats out, and forget trying on black friday, i'm not gonna deal with traffic for that shit. I'll check Saturday, hopefully they still have at least a copy left of NBA Jam.

[quote name='kingtopher']Is the $20 coupon with NBA jam still good tomorrow when the game is $30?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the $20 coupon is just for the PS3/360 versions of the game. Only the Wii version is going to be marked down to $30.

[quote name='kingtopher']Is the $20 coupon with NBA jam still good tomorrow when the game is $30?[/QUOTE]

The game for $30 is only the wii version and the $20 coupon for the xbob360/ps3 version is over this evening iirc

[quote name='animalspinners']I can guarantee you there will be no one there at 6 am besides you and the employees and maybe a few other people.

Most people aren't even aware K-Mart is open tomorrow and even less are aware they are open at 6 am.

No way there will be crowds. Black Friday, definitely, but Thanksgiving? No way.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right. I know my KMart was advertising being open on Thanksgiving.

Darn, I missed GT5 while I was there, this evening. You think they'd mark these sales on the case.

I asked a lady at the front desk if the gaming coupon is only good for software of if I could redeem it on the PSP bundle. She informed me the coupon was only good for the games and I would not be able to use it on the bundle. :(

Looks like I'll be buying the PSP from Target. I'll use the gaming coupon at K-Mart when that Kinect bowling game comes out. I've made a massive list of used PSP games to order from Gamestop as soon as I have my PSP. Caaaaaaaaaan't wait. :)

[quote name='IRSmurf']Darn, I missed GT5 while I was there, this evening. You think they'd mark these sales on the case.

I asked a lady at the front desk if the gaming coupon is only good for software of if I could redeem it on the PSP bundle. She informed me the coupon was only good for the games and I would not be able to use it on the bundle. :(

Looks like I'll be buying the PSP from Target. I'll use the gaming coupon at K-Mart when that Kinect bowling game comes out. I've made a massive list of used PSP games to order from Gamestop as soon as I have my PSP. Caaaaaaaaaan't wait. :)[/QUOTE]

I do think the lady is wrong, I say give it another shot and see if she would at least give it a try to see if it works. I kind of recall being able to use coupons on systems.

it's really too bad Kmart doesn't carry Majin cause the game is really great. game does have high replay value. I can see this game hitting back to 59.99.

[quote name='Joartrak']I do think the lady is wrong, I say give it another shot and see if she would at least give it a try to see if it works. I kind of recall being able to use coupons on systems.[/QUOTE]
She is very much wrong. You can definitely use your coupons on gaming systems...anything gaming related.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']She is very much wrong. You can definitely use your coupons on gaming systems...anything gaming related.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^

There ya go!

[quote name='animalspinners']Yep, I did my fair share of stocking Electronics at K-Mart and it takes 30 minutes if you've got a lot and know where it all is, an hour tops if you've got to find it and make room.

The sad part is, these substandard practices are why K-Mart gained such a negative image and eventually went bankrupt. Josh is doing what he can to reverse K-Mart's image but damn if the store employees aren't working hard to make sure they are still a joke.

It's like nobody in this entire damn company besides Josh and Stock Boy take ANY pride in their work.[/QUOTE]

I know youre speaking out of anger but to lump all employees together to only classify us as uncaring people who cant do their job is a bit harsh at the very least. I go out of my way to help local guys here on CAG, I even mailed a promotional item to a fellow CAG member and paid for it out of my own pocket, didnt ask for anything in return. Im not gloating or trying to draw attention to myself but merely trying to show you that there are employees out there that care and take pride in their job and Im sure there are quite a few willing to do the same things I do as well.

Well, got my GT5 today. Had to go through the whole "can only use 1 gaming coupon" thing. After telling them that it says I can use more than one, telling them I'e done it before, and them actually scaning it, I finally got it for $21 and change. Sometimes I don't even feel like trying to use two coupons een though I can. Great work Josh. Appreciate it.

Don't know if this is known, but Kmart.com sale prices ring up in your cart now. I just ordered NFS need for speeed (SIC) and while it shows 59.99, it rings up at 34.99 in your cart. I tried MoH, and the same thing. Shows full price on main page, but converts to sale price in your cart. Had to add 99¢ shipping and tax, but I got the limited edition without worrying they'd be sold out or I'd miss a lightning deal.

Happy Thanksgiving folks.

[quote name='animalspinners']To be fair, I gotta add kitm to the list of people who do give a damn.

But it seems like nobody at corporate does and they all repeatedly turn a blind eye to what Josh is telling them. I mean, what kind of executive doesn't jump out of his chair and declare code red when your video game buyer is telling them some of the stuff going on at the store level? Even hearing "employees are not placing new stock out and we're losing sales" doesn't seem to be taken seriously by corporate.

You think this stuff would be fixed immediately, not still be happening six months in.

And I doubt Electronics is an isolated incident... if this bad service is happening at Electronics, I guarantee it's happening elsewhere as well. But for some reason, nobody cares. Not employees, not managers, store managers or district managers.. not even corporate. A wave of apathy sweeps over me when I step into K-Mart now.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the kind words but Im merely doing my job and trying to help people whenever I can.

In the end its a long process so while it may not seem like things are getting better at the store level I have full confidence that they will as time goes on.

Yeah, my 6-7 hours per week is a generous estimate trying to factor in anything I'm not sure about that they're required to do like individually inventory or enter items into a computer system, and also organizing the placement of these new releases (which we know doesn't happen at 99% of these stores)
along with placing re-stocked items like music and movies that have been received.

[quote name='guinaevere']Don't know if this is known, but Kmart.com sale prices ring up in your cart now. I just ordered NFS need for speeed (SIC) and while it shows 59.99, it rings up at 34.99 in your cart. I tried MoH, and the same thing. Shows full price on main page, but converts to sale price in your cart. Had to add 99¢ shipping and tax, but I got the limited edition without worrying they'd be sold out or I'd miss a lightning deal.

Happy Thanksgiving folks.[/QUOTE]

Don't see need for speed for 360 listed on the website unfortunately :(

Nevermind - Searching for "Hot Pursuit" shows the 360 version. Searching for "need for speed" does not.. weird.

IGN has posted their review for Epic Mickey. I'm surprised that the review is out so early, but I'm really looking forward to picking it up next week.

Just another praise for Kmart. Picked up GT5, Sly Collection and Red Dead Undead all today with coupons. Thanks again!

Went to 3 Kmarts today. I was intending to get Donkey Kong Country Returns with my $20 Epic Yarn coupon. They didn't have it in the case and so I asked for it. The employee went and checked the case and asked when it came out. I said Sunday and she said "well we must be sold out then". Now I didn't buy that so I checked that behind-the-counter shelf where they keep overstock or something, and lo and behold there were numerous copies of it. So I got it and the 2 $10 coupons.

Then I asked about the Epic Mickey offer, and no one knew what I was talking about. It took about 20 minutes before they determined that, though. So I went to the next Kmart and the same thing happened there. I went home an looked up the Mickey offer to make sure it was still available, found the CAG thread about it and wrote down the UPC before going to the next kmart. I didn't see it there (and I didn't know what I was looking for) so I asked again, and had them look it up by UPC. It said they had 3 of them, and eventually there were 3 employees looking for it for me. Finally one of them said "wait, it's basically just a coupon, right? I can ring it up by UPC and charge you for it without the box". So I ended up getting it that way.

Overall it was an alright experience. I'll keep shopping there though. I don't really care how the customer service is as long as I get what I want at a good price. I'll probably be getting Epic Mickey with my $15 and $10 coupons. Hopefully I'll be able to convince them to sell me Epic Mickey on Sunday since the coupon from the offer says "valid 11/28". I live an hour away from the nearest kmart, but I'm staying at my parents house for Thanksgiving, and I'm going home on Sunday.

[quote name='cscream1']during 11-28 week will $15 credit apply to $50 PSN or live cards too?[/QUOTE]
I believe it's worded software rather than gaming purchase on purpose.

[quote name='sageridder']I believe it's worded software rather than gaming purchase on purpose.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried buying a points card but it definitely doesn't say software

NOOOOO!!!!!!!

GT5 and DKCR both out at my kmart. Really wanted to get them before the rush.

Any chances they may get in any more by the end of the week?

Hey guys I just realized that my SYWR card is a Sears SYWR card. It's blue, it even says Sears blue rewards crew on the top right but at the bottom of the card it shows logos for Sears, Kmart, Land's End and mygofer. Is this the right card and can work at Kmart? I checked my email and there was an advertisement for Sears and I noticed a picture of a red Kmart card along with the blue Sears card, so I'm worried I will need that red card instead? Thanks.

[quote name='wrldindstries302']I haven't tried buying a points card but it definitely doesn't say software[/QUOTE]
my post was in response to the coupon printed out during the 11-28 deal. it says for software.$15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+

I read the top but i didn't see it noted.

Can I use the coupons toward a system? PS3, Wii DSXL?

[quote name='Scorch']it works on points cards. search.[/QUOTE]

oops i meant if u buy a $50 card during 11-28 week, will u get a $15 coup from that

prolly not i'm guessing from what other people said

Picked up Splatterhouse and RDR: UN. Both $30 and $10 coupons, respectively, printed out.
Saw plenty of NBA Jam for PS3/360 too.

This was at the Kmart in Anaheim, CA.

No Sly Cooper Collection though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back