Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Assassin's Creed Brotherhood be on sale today? I know it's not in the Op for Black Friday but it's in there for Turkey day(yesterday) and I'd rather not send somebody out to get it if it isn't ringing up for $39.99

[quote name='DragoonKnight']Does anyone know if AC: Brotherhood was still on sale today?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mad39er']Will Assassin's Creed Brotherhood be on sale today? I know it's not in the Op for Black Friday but it's in there for Turkey day(yesterday) and I'd rather not send somebody out to get it if it isn't ringing up for $39.99[/QUOTE]

The Thanksgiving deals were separate from Black Friday deals. Separate offers. Separate ads. I would trust the OP.

Picked up ME2 and 1600 pts card. Couldn't find the point card in the XBOX accessory section (only had the 4000 pt card). Looked at the regular gift card display outside the gaming section and found the 1600 pt card. If you can't find the 1600 pt card in gaming (even if there is a empty place for it) check the gift card display (with Sears giftc cards, restaurant cards, etc).

Glad I went with online for NFS and Medal of Honor. Didn't use any coupons but I'll use them on a day where people aren't out for blood in store.

Went in this morning around 5:30am to use up my Gaming Coupons & my SYWR's. I bought the only 2 Little Big Planet/Karate Kid PSP 3000 Bundles and a few clearance PSP accessories.

Was an idiot and did them both in 1 transaction and realized it after 1 of the $15 GC's printed out and not 2. Had to go to customer service and have them return/rebuy one of the PSP bundles. Had an issue with the computer but only took 10 minutes to get it to work (had to reboot computer).

All in all had a good experience this morning as always. A few of the employees saw me come in and were like "What game(s) you getting today?"

I guess its a good thing they know me? :p Anyway, with coupons & SYWR points I bought both PSP bundles & a few accessories for $88 + 2 x $15 GC's for next time.

1 of the PSP's was for my brother for Christmas.

Awesome stuff; will be grabbing the MS point/ME2 deal. UNfortunately I was really looking forward to the AC: Brotherhood deal, but could not partake as the great state of Massachusetts prohibits any business opening on a holiday :'-(

My Kmart was NUTS which I wasn't expecting at all. After much asking and waiting and searching, I got Dragon Age Ultimate, and the Mass Effect 2 and 1600 Points deals. Been sitting on coupons, so I spent a grand total of .19 lol

Just woke up, no way in hell i'm fighting the cold and masses today. Ordered Mass Effect 2 from kmart.com paid $.99 shipping but couldn't get the half price points card. Oh well no big deal i'm still in my underwear and i've got a Epic Mickey $15 coupon with a points cards name all over it come sunday. :D

My BF want list is now complete, I got everything I wanted and my backlog grows and grows lol.

Got back from my Kmart. Man that place was packed! Though there were a TON of people in electronics, I was able to find The Sims 3 (Christmas present for the sis!) without too much of a problem. Had $35 in coupon so I spent about 6-7 dollars out of pocket... cool beans!

[quote name='Mad dog']I just got Mass Effect 2 and 1600 pts for $20! What a steal, K-mart rocks.[/QUOTE]

No joke. This is probably my best BF grab in all the three years I've been doing it. Funny how CAG makes you enjoy BF.

I am about to head out to my local Kmart to try to get ME2 and a 1600 points card with my $20 gift card I already have. It was packed yesterday when I tried to get NFS HP but they were sold out of almost all the new games at $34.99 including DA: Ultimate. Hopefully they got more in stock because I head back up North to college where their are no Kmarts so I need to use this $20 gift card.

ME 2 and 1600 points card > NFS HP > WoW Game Card > 1600 microsoft points in order of importance lol. Hopefully they have at least one of those items so I can justify leaving the house on Black Friday.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Does the ME2 1600 point card deal go through to tomorrow? Or is it a today only deal[/QUOTE]

Well, the OP says "Black Friday" for that deal and nothing about saturday so...

Went by my local KMart...what a fucking disaster. They didn't stock a single copy of Mass Effect 2. Not. A. One. And the game section was so disorganized that they just opened up the cabinet and let people dig around trying to find stuff. Not a single game from the ad was set aside, put on display, called out, etc. By an act of god I was able to find a copy of Batman Arkham Asylum in the midst of the morass, but this debacle combined with them not getting GoW: Chains of Sparta during the coupon promotion and the sudden push towards SYW cards means my Kmart game shopping days are over after I use the coupon I currently have.

[quote name='mebegod']I bought it sunday he emailed me back on monday and on tue morning I got a call from cust service telling me they were mailing it out

one of the coupons was good as of the 25th and the other for the 28th
so I think the 2 coupons were only available if you purchase 21st - 24th and the 25th - 27th was good for 1 coupon[/QUOTE]

I purchased DKCR today and only got 1. If that's the case that only 1 will print, that stinks.

[quote name='xycury']I purchased DKCR today and only got 1. If that's the case that only 1 will print, that stinks.[/QUOTE]

Did you use a SYWR card? You have to use it to get two coupons to print, otherwise only one will print out!

Echoing everyone else's sentiments, I was there at open at Kmart in Rocky Mount, NC and it looked like they hadn't ordered one extra copy of the games on sale. In fact nothing was marked and I found a couple of copies of Mass Effect 2 and Undead Nightmare sitting in the discount bins. Kmart had done absouletely nothing for Black Friday and it was a complete clusterfuck trying to make your way through electronics. It was unbelievable.

On another note, Target was the absolute busiest I have ever seen any store in my life. I can't believe they let so many people in the store, you literally couldn't move throughout most of the store. Thank god for the internet.

I really want ME2/ Points card being that its an great deal.. But I cant bring myself to go out in this again (Walmart was a nightmare X10.....)

Didn't go today but last night they had a big table near the entrance and some smoking hot young lady signing up everyone for SYWR cards yesterday. I guarantee not a single male passed through the doors without becoming a rewards member. I offered to sign up again for her, said she could have mine and i'd take a new one... She LOL. :D

Just made it back from another trip to K-Mart...this time I managed to get the employees to let me rummage through the loose/unorganized games at the bottom of the case, and managed to find a small cache of ME2's hidden in the back. Used my $10 in coupons from yesterday's WoW deals: $10 OTD for ME2 and 1600pts. Not bad.

Going to go out later looking for DA Ultimate edition. The kmart near me had a few copies a while ago. Hopefully still there. If not, oh well.

reading so many horror stories today makes me feel good about sitting in my pajamas and ordering everything on amazon the last 2 years.

I really wish the ME2 + points deal was available online. My K-Mart had no ME2 :cry:. *sniff*. I'm ok. Not that big of a deal. *sniff* :cry: *digs foot into ground*

Well, I had a GREAT experience at my Lake Orion MI Kmart this morning. I decided to wait until about 10 am to go out. The Kmart was busy as can be. They had all of the games advertised set aside and clearly marked. there was an issue with the ME2 1600 combo ringing up right. after further review 1 rung up right (i bought 2) The manager came over and was BY FAR the NICEST store manager I have ever met. He listened to me, looked at the blog on my phone and had the clerk fix the error all the while being very courteous and happy that the blog was working! GREAT EXPERIENCE.

PS they had 10+

[quote name='eth3real']I wanted Dragon Age Ultimate for PS3 but was sold out. I always get left out of these Kmart deals...NY doesn't even follow the circulars.[/QUOTE]
NY follows the circulars, NYC = Manhattan since the rest of the country doesn't realize NYC includes 5 boroughs and just thinks it's Manhattan, so in reality, just 2 Kmart stores don't subscribe to the circular/won't honor it unless you bring it in. The rest of NYC and NY follow the circular.

[quote name='kidu']Went by my local KMart...what a fucking disaster. They didn't stock a single copy of Mass Effect 2. Not. A. One. And the game section was so disorganized that they just opened up the cabinet and let people dig around trying to find stuff. Not a single game from the ad was set aside, put on display, called out, etc. By an act of god I was able to find a copy of Batman Arkham Asylum in the midst of the morass, but this debacle combined with them not getting GoW: Chains of Sparta during the coupon promotion and the sudden push towards SYW cards means my Kmart game shopping days are over after I use the coupon I currently have.[/QUOTE]

I found my Mass Effect 2 with all the clearance games and not in the case. I'm lucky my local KMart is so great with their electronics department. One of the part time guys took me directly to it.

I was able to pick up ME2 and the 1600 points card for just a little over $5 due to a $15 coupon. The cashier was amazed and wondered how I had gotten this $40+ deal for just $5. I told her I was a regular to KMart now and that Josh had completely revamped the way I think of KMart. Thanks again Josh!

[quote name='sharpeone']I found my Mass Effect 2 with all the clearance games and not in the case. I'm lucky my local KMart is so great with their electronics department. One of the part time guys took me directly to it.

I was able to pick up ME2 and the 1600 points card for just a little over $5 due to a $15 coupon. The cashier was amazed and wondered how I had gotten this $40+ deal for just $5. I told her I was a regular to KMart now and that Josh had completely revamped the way I think of KMart. Thanks again Josh![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I scrounged through the clearance games, the discount games, the cabinet, everything; and they didn't have a single copy. I LOVE what Josh and company are trying to do with Kmartgamer and the sales and coupons, but this is the second time in about a month that my local has not had a single copy of nationally advertised sale item (bait and switch anyone?). Also, how on earth can a store not have any setup for Black Friday? There were no video game displays w/ the advertised games, the CSRs did not know which games were on sale without scanning them, it was a complete clusterfuck. The deals are good, but sadly I think Kmart is losing the ground war here due to apathetic/lazy/ignorant employees in store.

Josh, I've been going and buying games/using gaming coupons since this summer, chaining them together with every purchase. I've had nothing but good experiences so far and even posted twice in the different versions of this thread about the good experiences.

Today I went in (I know, Black Friday, but it wasn't THAT busy really... not WalMart Crazy or Best Buy Insane) and bought some gaming stuff as well as some other items, and tried to use my $15 gaming coupon (which expires tomorrow) and they refused to honor it because I'm not a Rewards member (which I have never needed to be in the past, and is not noted in the circular, on the coupon, or anywhere else). I challenged them to show me anywhere this is noted in writing and they could not, yet still refused to honor it, continuing to claim "But the computer says so". I was not buying any items listed in the weekly ads as Rewards Members Only, they were literally claiming I could not redeem my coupon (which I had already earned from a previous purchase) because I wasn't a member.

I walked out without purchasing anything (gaming or other merch, around $100 total left at checkout) and I won't be back to purchase anything in the future either, gaming or otherwise. It's a half-hour drive one-way for me to get to a K-Mart, and as this experience shows it's clearly not worth it because K-Mart has learned nothing from its repeated failures with customers. It's such a stupidly simple program and the fact remains that we see time and time again that K-Mart employees can't get it right.

This is why K-Mart is hanging on for dear life and barely still in business, and probably won't be in business for much longer.

I was able to snag a Mass Effect 2 and 1600 point card deal. I think I found the last ME2, it was in the locked case with a 59.99 sticker in front of it, but everything rang up correctly. Can't beat getting the game of the year and 1600 pts for $20.

Hit KMart early this morning.....around 9:00 am.....and almost all of the Xbox 360 games that were on deal were out of stock. I have a $25 gaming coupon that expires today so I had to burn it on a 4000 point Microsoft Xbox Live card. Not happy to say the least that all of the premier games were long gone. I suspect they didn't have much extra safety stock for the Black Friday crowds. It was crowded and busy in the store and the Xbox 360 game section looked wiped out. PS3 section was full as was the Wii. The DS section was wiped while the PSP was full. Several Kinects on the shelves though.

Had a real PITA getting Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the PS3. Rang up as $60 Manager came over and showed him the ad he said that it was only for Xbox 360 even though the ad said available for the PS3 as well. The lady said the ad did not say for the PS3 "at that price". At that point I told them to cancel all the items I was buying and would go to BestBuy and they finally agreed. I was glad that I could use the $10,00 coupon I had for that day only,,,

[quote name='Mad39er']Will Assassin's Creed Brotherhood be on sale today? I know it's not in the Op for Black Friday but it's in there for Turkey day(yesterday) and I'd rather not send somebody out to get it if it isn't ringing up for $39.99[/QUOTE]
Went to get it yesterday. From the tag under it, it said it would only be good for Thanksgiving. Sorry, dude.

Probably going to go in and look for Undead Nightmare. Maybe my put it out. Might look for DA:U, but they have never had a copy of it, so hopes aren't up.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Had a real PITA getting Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the PS3. Rang up as $60 Manager came over and showed him the ad he said that it was only for Xbox 360 even though the ad said available for the PS3 as well. The lady said the ad did not say for the PS3 "at that price". At that point I told them to cancel all the items I was buying and would go to BestBuy and they finally agreed. I was glad that I could use the $10,00 coupon I had for that day only,,,[/QUOTE]

did you go today and have this 'problem'?

[quote name='Primis']
Today I went in (I know, Black Friday, but it wasn't THAT busy really... not WalMart Crazy or Best Buy Insane) and bought some gaming stuff as well as some other items, and tried to use my $15 gaming coupon (which expires tomorrow) and they refused to honor it because I'm not a Rewards member (which I have never needed to be in the past, and is not noted in the circular, on the coupon, or anywhere else). I challenged them to show me anywhere this is noted in writing and they could not, yet still refused to honor it, continuing to claim "But the computer says so". I was not buying any items listed in the weekly ads as Rewards Members Only, they were literally claiming I could not redeem my coupon (which I had already earned from a previous purchase) because I wasn't a member.
.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for posting this.

This same thing happened to me yesterday in FL and I'm glad it's not an isolated incident (but it sucks it happened to you too). It was infuriating to say the least and I got the same thing - they refused my coupon completely since I wasn't a SYWR member.

I've already emailed Josh but I don't expect to hear back from him until Monday.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Had a real PITA getting Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the PS3. Rang up as $60 Manager came over and showed him the ad he said that it was only for Xbox 360 even though the ad said available for the PS3 as well. The lady said the ad did not say for the PS3 "at that price". At that point I told them to cancel all the items I was buying and would go to BestBuy and they finally agreed. I was glad that I could use the $10,00 coupon I had for that day only,,,[/QUOTE]

Was this today?

Got ME2 and was going to get the points card but it rang up $19.99 and it didn't say anything in the ad so I didn't get it.

I got the $6.99 bluetooth headset for my PS3 not sure how well it will work.

danm just came back from my local kmart and it was crazy... I didn't know so many people would go there on Black friday, lines were long place was packed.
All the game glasses were open for people to just look and grab, everything was all over the place though lol. I'll just pick some games up tonight after the rush is over.

Picked up ME 2 and the 1600 points card for $20 total :D ME 2 was in with the clearance games, but I noticed that yesterday when I was there getting DA :) Went around 11am, still a lot of people!

Personally I think most of those w/ issues w/ the SYWR card are acting like little kids over it. Whether or not the employee was wrong in certain circumstances, there's overwhelming sense of entitlement in the tone of the these posts.

/end rant

There's no sense of entitlement when you're simply expecting to get things for what they should be.

Gaming coupons DO NOT require a SYWR card to use. Games should be out the day it releases. Gaming coupons should print correctly.

Expecting things to go how they should, and how they do at nearly every other retailer, is not a "sense of entitlement."

I just bought Batman Arkham Asylum (360) and Jeopardy (Wii) for $32. They had plenty of copies left too. SWEEET!

I would've got Wheel of Fortune for $15 but why do that when I can get it for $10 on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back