Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Epic Mickey boxes are still printing coupons? It's no longer in the OP so I assume not, but I saw them out for the very first time yesterday.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Personally I think most of those w/ issues w/ the SYWR card are acting like little kids over it. Whether or not the employee was wrong in certain circumstances, there's overwhelming sense of entitlement in the tone of the these posts.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

Your retarded.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Does anyone know if Epic Mickey boxes are still printing coupons? It's no longer in the OP so I assume not, but I saw them out for the very first time yesterday.[/QUOTE]
A friend I was with on Tuesday bought one and it printed the coupon. Not sure if that's changed, but that's my experience. You could argue though if it didn't print. It does say on the box "get a $15 gaming coupon with purchase" or something like that.

Here's to hoping Kmart tomorrow has DS Lites in stock. I'm not sure how well they were stocked, but hopefully they have just one in either Cobalt or Crimson that I can snag.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Does anyone know if Epic Mickey boxes are still printing coupons? It's no longer in the OP so I assume not, but I saw them out for the very first time yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yes I just bought another one today, still several left at my store and the coupon printed with the receipt.

Was also able to snag a ME 2 and point card and it took it right off, plus the epic mickey preorder brought the bill to $25 dollars and got a $15 coupon, pretty good deal.

Just got back from Kmart. They had most of the sale games on a table outside the glass cabinets so it was easy to get what you wanted without hassle.

There weren't any 1600 points cards. I looked at all the gift card locations as well. I seem to remember Josh saying the buying for those is handled by another department because SHC considers it "nonmerchandise" or something. You can definitely tell because it's very rare my Kmart ever has the point cards in stock.

Reading the bad experiences some have, I feel fortunate my local Kmarts are on the ball. Hopefully that spreads. Sometimes it seems as though Josh is a general with a great strategy, but nationally there aren't enough quality junior officers and NCOs to implement it. What's left are demoralized grunts lost in the trenches.

But I'm really happy with the deals so far. It was only a couple years ago I remember the sole thing I was interested in from Kmart on Black Friday was a three-pack of sketchy PS2 games for $9.99.

LOL there is one K-Mart near me that in the last 3 months, I've been there at least once a week, and they've never had point cards. Whatever dept or 3rd party handles those must be stocking 2-3 at a time.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Personally I think most of those w/ issues w/ the SYWR card are acting like little kids over it. Whether or not the employee was wrong in certain circumstances, there's overwhelming sense of entitlement in the tone of the these posts.

/end rant[/QUOTE]
animalspinners has been through an absurd amount of crap and I agree with him. He's one of the few "entitled" because he's given Kmart an obscene amount of chances with Josh. Being able to grasp more what his past situations based on his recent posting, I'd say he's more than reasonable and rational about things. I personally would have a field day and would not be as reasonable about it all.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I really wish the ME2 + points deal was available online. My K-Mart had no ME2 :cry:. *sniff*. I'm ok. Not that big of a deal. *sniff* :cry: *digs foot into ground*[/QUOTE]

Wish it was online 2. I'm not about to waste gas and go through the BF mess to save $10, even though i really need those live points.

[quote name='Altanis']There's no sense of entitlement when you're simply expecting to get things for what they should be.

Gaming coupons DO NOT require a SYWR card to use. Games should be out the day it releases. Gaming coupons should print correctly.

Expecting things to go how they should, and how they do at nearly every other retailer, is not a "sense of entitlement."[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that the deals shouldn't work, just that specifically people are over reacting a bit when it comes to registering/using the SYWR cards.

[quote name='gindias']Your retarded.[/QUOTE]

So says the person using improper grammar. :roll:

If you actually read my post maybe it would make sense.

I had no problem picking up FONV and Toy Story 3. I got a little nervous when the guy, who got the games out of the case for me, walked me up to the front registers. I was afraid that the cashiers wouldn't know about the gaming coupons but she had no problem scanning them. The first guy actually did me a favor by taking me to the front lanes since the line in Electronics was so long. I got the last TS3 and the second to last FONV 360 at this store.

This Kmart had several copies of ME2 and also restocked their MS points card but I passed since I had already bought ME2 used at Blockbuster. It was really hard though and I almost bought it anyway since the deal was so good. Overall, I had a good BF/Thanksgiving experience at Kmart this year.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I didn't say that the deals shouldn't work, just that specifically people are over reacting a bit when it comes to registering/using the SYWR cards.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's overreacting. I personally don't have a problem with SYWR, but if the deal/coupon doesn't require the card, employees shouldn't be telling customers they need it.

Also, I think "sense of entitlement" is quickly surpassing "fanboy" as the most overused phrase on CAG.

1600 point card and Mass Effect 2 combo did NOT work for me at the Astor Pl NYC store. Alison rang it up and nothing happened and even scanned my card. She was very "The internet has nothing to do with the store" about it. Also they wouldn't even look for Dance Workout for me, the woman gave up about 2 minutes in. The glass case was an absolute wreck. Just Dance 2 in front of Goldeneye, etc.

They also didn't seem to have Gran Turismo 5, but that could have just been because they had it behind another game.

I have found that the store stocks games behind others and then just says, if you don't see it we don't have it. There are 20 or so games faced out, but there are many more stashed behind those, that no one seems willing to search for.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']To anyone who has been to a Kmart so far today, have there been a lot of copies of Goldeneye Wii available? It's pouring rain (and cold) where I am and if there are lots of copies I'd rather just wait till the sun comes up to leave.[/QUOTE]

The K-Mart I go to has had tons of copies of the RE and the CE of Goldeneye, i'm probably gonna pick it up once I get a black wii though.

[quote name='iPhone']Did anyone try the sale prices on LE/CE version of the games?[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it's the regular editions only that are on sale.

[quote name='skizomaniak']1600 point card and Mass Effect 2 combo did NOT work for me at the Astor Pl NYC store. Alison rang it up and nothing happened and even scanned my card. She was very "The internet has nothing to do with the store" about it. Also they wouldn't even look for Dance Workout for me, the woman gave up about 2 minutes in. The glass case was an absolute wreck. Just Dance 2 in front of Goldeneye, etc.

They also didn't seem to have Gran Turismo 5, but that could have just been because they had it behind another game.

I have found that the store stocks games behind others and then just says, if you don't see it we don't have it. There are 20 or so games faced out, but there are many more stashed behind those, that no one seems willing to search for.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people go to Astor place(including that one guy who calls it Astro). It's nothing but horror stories 75% of the time and even my mom won't go there. Not to mention it's in like the most annoying college/teenage/runaway/homeless hub of the East Village. I'm hoping people will learn that they do not follow the circular and tend to suck the life out of people who try to get deals honored.

Because it's the closest one to me... I shouldn't have to waste 4.50, or take a 30 minute walk to get deals that are in all Kmarts. Perhaps an email is in store.

[quote name='Mad39er']I don't know why people go to Astor place(including that one guy who calls it Astro). It's nothing but horror stories 75% of the time and even my mom won't go there. Not to mention it's in like the most annoying college/teenage/runaway/homeless hub of the East Village. I'm hoping people will learn that they do not follow the circular and tend to suck the life out of people who try to get deals honored.[/QUOTE]

the op says that NYC stores dont follow the circular.I went there 1st yesterday for gran turismo and I believe the guy that helped when he said it was sold out because he checked behind some other games for me,went to the back to check, and asked the cashier. SO afterwards i went to the 1 in Middle Village, Queens and they had gran turismo for me but I also tried to purchase transformers for $9.99 like it says but it rang up for $19.99 and the cashier noticed that others that came before me earlier yesterday wondered why the prices weren't matching up and the guy that was there who seemed like a manager said that its not an ad store which surprised me because I figure it would work since its not in the city. So I left the game behind and bought spiderman at toysrus cuz it wasnt a big deal to get transformers.

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you guys sure your Kmarts didn't have point cards? I searched for them high and low and didn't find them until I simply asked at the cashier.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats generally the best thing to do

Went to pick up Gran Turismo 5 and the new Need for Speed today in Portsmouth, NH, and struck out on both. I was able to root around the case as they had them open, and could not find them. When I asked about them, the guy in the electronics section said he hadn't seen GT5 at all, though Need for Speed was just sold out probably, as I had seen it last week when I went in. Any reports of stores not getting any GT5's in stock, or was the guy back there just misinformed?

[quote name='jrbatche2001']Went to pick up Gran Turismo 5 and the new Need for Speed today in Portsmouth, NH, and struck out on both. I was able to root around the case as they had them open, and could not find them. When I asked about them, the guy in the electronics section said he hadn't seen GT5 at all, though Need for Speed was just sold out probably, as I had seen it last week when I went in. Any reports of stores not getting any GT5's in stock, or was the guy back there just misinformed?[/QUOTE]

Just called again to check for NBA Jam and GT5, and the worker said they had NBA Jam, but no copies of GT5, he said they didn't even get any, even though a worker yesterday said they did.

I'm bout to go check now.

Just got a $10 off $50 general merchandise coupon valid from 11/28-12/28 in a "Rediscover KMart" flyer. SHC-Gamer, do you know if this would stack with gaming coupons?

lol at people thinking collectors editions qualify for the sale prices. Does this get asked like once a page or what?

Another great experience at Kmart.

Picked up GT5, there was a huge line for people buying TV's, but a separate cashier helped me out, used my phone number for SYWR and the coupon printed fine.

Now I have a $25 coupon from GT5 and a $30 coupon from Apache Air Assault, I'm gonna get F1 2010 for $5! :D

The Kmart in buford, ga had no idea about the ME2 + 1600 points card deal. Didn't even want to see or hear about the blog. They didn't have 1600 points cards anyways but damn, i guess no one got the memo there. If they had points card i would have fought more for it but they didn't so I just passed it up.

i bought donkey kong today too. only got 1 coupon and have a sywr card. is there anyway to get the other $10 credit??

[quote name='Shan82']Did you use a SYWR card? You have to use it to get two coupons to print, otherwise only one will print out![/QUOTE]

Of course I did. I always do when I shop at Kmart, they have to track my purchases of course. ;)

My SYWR number is printed on the receipt just below my chipper Cashier Rachel.

The coupon that did print was good from the 28th, this Sunday, till Jan 8th.

I wish someone would be clear with these gaming coupons, if it's only for 4 days, I would know it, I would have bought it when it was effective.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Yes I just bought another one today, still several left at my store and the coupon printed with the receipt.

Was also able to snag a ME 2 and point card and it took it right off, plus the epic mickey preorder brought the bill to $25 dollars and got a $15 coupon, pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, where was the Epic Mickey preorder piece? I've been checking in the Wii game case and with accessories and haven't seen it in either place. Employees didn't know about it either. I'd really like to pick one up this weekend and am thinking about heading to a store that's a little bit further away to find one.

[quote name='jer7583']lol at people thinking collectors editions qualify for the sale prices. Does this get asked like once a page or what?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it does. They never learn or take time to think about things :shame:

[quote name='maxfisher']Out of curiosity, where was the Epic Mickey preorder piece? I've been checking in the Wii game case and with accessories and haven't seen it in either place. Employees didn't know about it either. I'd really like to pick one up this weekend and am thinking about heading to a store that's a little bit further away to find one.[/QUOTE]

Its just an empty case. Usually with the PH/ Greatest hits at mine.

The Epic Mickey box was located in various sections. At one Kmart it was located at checkout (cashier said it didn't exist), and in the other it was in and among the Wii shovelware.

Picked up the last copy of Jam and used my Sears SYWR card and it worked and printed out the $20 gaming coupon and I will go back Sunday to pick another game using the coupon.

[quote name='maxfisher']Out of curiosity, where was the Epic Mickey preorder piece? I've been checking in the Wii game case and with accessories and haven't seen it in either place. Employees didn't know about it either. I'd really like to pick one up this weekend and am thinking about heading to a store that's a little bit further away to find one.[/QUOTE]

They were not in the cases or by the register at my store, they were on some shelves that were piled with crappy discount games, they were just scattered, I also found some in various game displays in the electronics dept.

Pretty Awesome experience tonight, I went in and holy crap was there a ton of people, usually it's close to empty.

I went to look for GT5 and alas they had none left, didn't even ask, i'll just wait a while before I get it.

They did have NBA Jam though :D and they surprisingly had DA:UE so I decided to get that instead. They also had the Modern Warfare 1/2 pack (comes in like a paper slipcover) and Batman Arkham Asylum, like a whole crap ton of Batman:AA.

I rang up both games and it both prices showed up, but I tried using my SYWR card to use the $28 I had on it, but it didn't work at first. But after the cashier left to find the manager, it suddenly rang up after like 3 or 4 minutes.

Left with NBA Jam and DA:UE for $58.xx. Thanks K-Mart! :cool:

[quote name='jdwyer2009']Bought nba jam today and signed up for the rewards card, but no coupon printed. What should I do?[/QUOTE]

There are no "coupons," even though they say it's a coupon.
They give you credit points that get added to your account usually a few days or a week after you buy stuff.

[quote name='Click']There are no "coupons," even though they say it's a coupon.
They give you credit points that get added to your account usually a few days or a week after you buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

When I got NBA Jam a coupon printed..:whistle2:|

Shit! I just bought Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune today. I didn't think of it but if I bought NBA Jam and got a $20 gift card it would've probably sweetened up my deal even a little more.

Anyway, Amazon was fucked with their Wheel of Fortune sale and Jeopardy was the same price, so I just got back now from buying both at KMART.

I'm about to play some Wheel now

[quote name='Click']There are no "coupons," even though they say it's a coupon.
They give you credit points that get added to your account usually a few days or a week after you buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about?

iirc, this only happened with black ops. if the OP says a coupon will print, a coupon will print.

[quote name='thewarprodigy']The Kmart in buford, ga had no idea about the ME2 + 1600 points card deal. Didn't even want to see or hear about the blog. They didn't have 1600 points cards anyways but damn, i guess no one got the memo there. If they had points card i would have fought more for it but they didn't so I just passed it up.[/QUOTE]

This pretty much mirrors what I ran into on my trip to the MESA, AZ store earlier. The points cards, as well as ME2, were in stock, but the girl thought I was talking about their rewards card at first. Re-explained what I was trying to get and she instantly went into "online is different" mode.

This was an awesome deal in theory, but in the end, deals are only deals when you're actually allowed to utilize them.

Went to KMart today at opening for the Mass Effect 2 deal. I got the only copy of the game, but they had no points. The employee even searched through their piles of unshelved cards for me (again, right after opening), but no luck.

I'm not really sure what I was thinking in buying Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune for about $32 instead of Goldeneye for $36 at Amazon. I also got Batman Arkham Asylum though and I'm sure I'll get Goldeneye for a good enough deal soon. I don't think Jeopardy and Wheel will drop much lower than $15.

My store had plenty of points cards but no ME2 so strike out for me. In fact I struck out everywhere except Sam's where i got a Hotdog and drink for $1.50 EPIC.

[quote name='o_O']Went to KMart today at opening for the Mass Effect 2 deal. I got the only copy of the game, but they had no points. The employee even searched through their piles of unshelved cards for me (again, right after opening), but no luck.[/QUOTE]

My Kmart had tons of 1600 point cards hanging up in accessories next to the controllers.

I feel like a total dumbass. I totally got up this morning, bought Halo Reach and Fable III from Kmart and DID NOT sign up for the damn shop your way. That's $20!

[quote name='nikkwebb']I feel like a total dumbass. I totally got up this morning, bought Halo Reach and Fable III from Kmart and DID NOT sign up for the damn shop your way. That's $20![/QUOTE]
Return and rebuy tomorrow if you don't want to do it tonight, the deal is good for Saturday(tomorrow).

This Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy games don't even have a story mode? Wow.. I thought they'd come with a tournament mode or career mode. It's just random crap. Decent game

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back