Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Two separate transactions for Wii Fire Emblem and Kinect Your Shape, two $15 coupons printed. Props to Alex at the Blaine, MN store.

I used two gaming coupons for Fire Emblem and redeemed SYWR credit on Your Shape, no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Coraanu']Two separate transactions for Wii Fire Emblem and Kinect Your Shape, two $15 coupons printed. Props to Alex at the Blaine, MN store.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to find that Fire Emblem game & Metroid Prime Trilogy. :drool:

SHC, you removed the list of the October clearance games from the first post. That was not cool.

Anyway, picked up a copy of RDR Undead Nightmare yesterday and used my $10 coupon today on White Knight Chronicles.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but to anyone who's still waiting for their SYW rewards card to come (it's been 2 1/2 weeks for me so far...) and want to redeem their points, apparently the employee must key in the card #, it doesn't seem to work if they just use your phone #.

I bought EA Sports Active 2 using 3 coupons and it said "reward not found". The cashier had to override and key the amounts in. it came up as mgr coupons and didn't adjust the tax so I paid the full tax amount of $99.99

Anyone had issues with redeeming coupons as well?

And it didnt print out the $15 coupon as well.

E-Mail incoming Mr. Deane.

Wait, did Mickey come out today or does it come out Tuesday?

[quote name='FQRizzo']Bought DKC: Returns today and used my SYWR points from Black Ops and did NOT receive a coupon. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Deal ended Saturday.

[quote name='joeshmoe']

Deal ended Saturday.[/QUOTE]

• $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer
;) $20 ended last week...

From peoples posts it seems that the final out of pocket price has to be over $39.99 for the new coupon to print...

[quote name='FQRizzo']Bought DKC: Returns today and used my SYWR points from Black Ops and did NOT receive a coupon. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You should have @ least gotten a $15 one as per the $39.99 & higher games.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Looks like reducing the price of the game is the issue.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be, I used $40 worth of coupons on a $50 game and a $15 coupon still printed out afterwards.

Ack, I haven't been checking this thread out for a week or two, but now, of course, I have the Epic Mickey thing to deal with and the $15 coupon deal. So the new coupons that come out (for $39.99+ purchases) are $15 software only ones this time? That makes them somewhat less useful as I was hoping to be able to use those on points cards.

Also, I guess we need to sort out which games work and don't work - maybe just Kinect stuff?

I might make a trip to Kmart today though probably it is better to wait a few days till it is all sorted out.

So , got the $15 coupon for this week. Sucks I can't use it on Xbox Live Points. Does anyone know if K-Mart has any good games for $20-$25

Xbox 360.

[quote name='$hady']
  • $15 gaming coupon all gaming software $39.99+ with exception of the Epic Mickey offer
;) $20 ended last week...

From peoples posts it seems that the final out of pocket price has to be over $39.99 for the new coupon to print...[/QUOTE]

I purchased Just Cause 2 for the PS3 at $39.99, used a $10 and $15 coupon, and it printed my $15 coupon. I did a seperate transaction for FlingSmash and used a $10 and $15 coupon, got my $15 printout.

BOTH time I provided my Kmart SYW card....if this is truly a widespread situation, perhaps this plays a role.

[quote name='nietzsche74']SHC, you removed the list of the October clearance games from the first post. That was not cool.[/QUOTE]

Here:

[quote name='October_Clearance_Drops']
New for October 17th: (Below titles moving to $19.99)

• :360::ps3: Wolfenstein (was $49.99)
  • :360::ps3: Nier (was $49.99)
  • :360::ps3: Dragon Age: Origins (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: Dragon Age: Awakenings (was $29.99)
  • :360: Ninja Blade (was $39.99)
  • :ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (was $49.99)
  • :wii: No More Heroes 2 (was $29.99)
  • :ps3: White Knight Chronicles (was $59.99)
  • :wii:Muramasa Demon Blade (was $39.99)
  • :360::ps3:Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3:Saw (was $29.99)
  • :wii: Conduit, The (was $29.99)
  • :wii::ps3: Chaotic (was $29.99)
  • :wii: Naruto Shippoden: CoN Rev 3 (was $39.99)
  • :wii:Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers (was $39.99)
  • :360: Devil May Cry 4 (was $29.99)
  • :wii: Wii Music (was $49.99)
  • :ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (was $29.99)
  • :wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing Wii w/Wheel (was $49.99)
  • :wii: Trauma Center New Blood (was $49.99)
  • :ds: Nostalgia (was $34.99)
  • :360: Section 8 (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: Bakugan (was $39.99)
  • :wii: Don King Boxing (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: H.A.W.X. (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: NBA Live 10 (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: NHL 10 (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: NCAA 10 (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: Madden 10 (was $29.99)
  • :360::ps3: Tiger Woods 10 (was $29.99)
  • :psp: End War PSP (was $29.99)
  • :ps3: MLB 09 (was $39.99)
  • :ds: Sushi Go Round (was $29.99)
Inventory on titles will vary by store. Pricing listed does not guarantee stores have activated their PLC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nietzsche74']SHC, you removed the list of the October clearance games from the first post. That was not cool.

Anyway, picked up a copy of RDR Undead Nightmare yesterday and used my $10 coupon today on White Knight Chronicles.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but to anyone who's still waiting for their SYW rewards card to come (it's been 2 1/2 weeks for me so far...) and want to redeem their points, apparently the employee must key in the card #, it doesn't seem to work if they just use your phone #.[/QUOTE]

You've been part of CAG a lot longer then I have, and I appreciate that you shared a good tip for the SYW problem, but don't you think just asking SHC to repost the list of clearance games from October instead would keep you from looking not cool? Maybe I'm just misreading, but it sounds like your being a bit self entitled.

Do you guys think Dragon Age Origins & Awakening for PS3 for $10 after coupons is a good deal in comparison to just buying the Ultimate Edition? For example how much more DLC is there in the Ultimate Edition?

Gonna use one of my $15 coupons on Excitebots Trick Racing since there are 2 or 3 copies in the case & it comes w/ the Wii Wheel. Gonna come in handy for Mario Kart Wii.

It seems like you'll need to use your SYWR card to get the $15 coupon to print. However, the fact that it works on software purchases of $39.99 or more makes the Golden Sun offer much more enticing.

people not getting the coupon to print if they used a coupon to buy did cashier hit total before you handed them the coupon to scan?

"Originally Posted by October_Clearance_Drops
New for October 17th: (Below titles moving to $19.99)

• :360::ps3: Wolfenstein (was $49.99)
  • :360::ps3: Nier (was $49.99)
  • :360: Ninja Blade (was $39.99)
  • :ps3: White Knight Chronicles (was $59.99)
  • :360::ps3:Saw (was $29.99)
Inventory on titles will vary by store. Pricing listed does not guarantee stores have activated their PLC."

Going back to this, my store still hasn't activated their PLC for these games that I was going to use my fallout coupon on.

Josh, I just got shot down to use gaming coupons on PSN points card. KMart #3990 According to 2 electronics reps that were there ringing me up, they said their manager said the coupons can only be used to buy games. WTF? I used coupons on psn points card a few times in the same store. SOunds like a manager making up his own rules again. This is annoying. Anybody had this problem? Do i just try another kmart? this sux. I want to buy it by tomorrow so I can get some cheap games on PSN sale.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Do you guys think Dragon Age Origins & Awakening for PS3 for $10 after coupons is a good deal in comparison to just buying the Ultimate Edition? For example how much more DLC is there in the Ultimate Edition?

Gonna use one of my $15 coupons on Excitebots Trick Racing since there are 2 or 3 copies in the case & it comes w/ the Wii Wheel. Gonna come in handy for Mario Kart Wii.[/QUOTE]

I think you could have looked this up MM :p

http://dragonage.bioware.com/dao/game/order-ultimate/

If you have $30 in coupons, the UE is easily worth it.

Does anybody know if K-Mart will carry nail'd in stores this week and what the price will be? Kmart.com shows $59.99, which the same as what BestBuy.com lists it as, but Amazon and GameStop have it priced at $49.99.

My local Kmart had the sticker up for Golden Sun... effective 11/28, etc.

Of course, they didn't actually have the freaking game. They told me they wouldn't have it until Thursday. Another waste of time...

So, if i am reading this correctly, i buy golden sun ($30?) and DQ9 ($15?) = $45 and i should get the $10 GSDD coupon and a $15 coupon for having a total over $39.99...?

That sounds great! I hope it works. I'm sure someone will confirm this soon enough.
FYI, i just made up prices because i am not sure what they are selling for.

I know I'm late to the party, but I can't believe these gaming coupons. I'm not quite sure how long Kmart can keep something like this up. It is insane at times.

[quote name='Downhome']I know I'm late to the party, but I can't believe these gaming coupons. I'm not quite sure how long Kmart can keep something like this up. It is insane at times.[/QUOTE]
Much of the coupon train has been well worth it so far, but it is still hard to compete when Amazon has it delivered to the door with no tax.

Some games more worth it than others but there are some where you can see an immediate $10 savings just from buying at amazon.

We should all push for lower sales tax! Our big stores are losing business from being charged such high taxes.

LOWER/NO SALES TAX IS NEEDED!!!

[quote name='paulwekiva']You've been part of CAG a lot longer then I have, and I appreciate that you shared a good tip for the SYW problem, but don't you think just asking SHC to repost the list of clearance games from October instead would keep you from looking not cool? Maybe I'm just misreading, but it sounds like your being a bit self entitled.[/QUOTE]

It's certainly the case that SHC pulled the list too early. Sure, if you want to do some digging you can still find Kaydigi's thread, but that doesn't do anything for the thousands of visitors who know nothing about the clearance prices, which are quite competitive I might ad. Sears has an official clearance thread that is over a year old, and IO would leave clearance prices, TIVs, under $15 games, etc. on the Gamerush thread for years when they were a still a hot retailer.

Since many Kmart stores probably still have these games in their inventory (the store I was at today still had 3 copies of Nier for the PS3, obscured from view like the majority of clearance titles by the latest releases,) I think pulling this information from a conspicuous location after only a few weeks was rather premature, especially since most stores, if they're like the one's I've been in, still have these titles tagged at full price. Now I'm sure SHC wants to see these games sold as much as the rest of us do, but he should really consider modelling this thread after the many other "official" threads. Just because no one's talking about the clearance games anymore doesn't mean that the community has lost all interest in them.

Wow, Kmart is hurting my pocket. I've only had a ps3 for two weeks and have 6 games and a $25 coupon from Need for Speed. This is going to entice me to use it this week and start working on my 8th...oh well!!!

[quote name='Megatim81']So, if i am reading this correctly, i buy golden sun ($30?) and DQ9 ($15?) = $45 and i should get the $10 GSDD coupon and a $15 coupon for having a total over $39.99...?

That sounds great! I hope it works. I'm sure someone will confirm this soon enough.
FYI, i just made up prices because i am not sure what they are selling for.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know about this too. :) If it works I'll be picking up these two for sure!!!

Just checked the SYWR site, and by god, it's actually accurate.... sort of. My card number is there, the amount I've spent is there (albeit a bit inaccurate, it says $340ish, and that's certainly nowhere near what I spent... I just spent $270 there last week, and another $85 back in October, not including three other transactions).

Also, for the Golden Sun deal:
Golden Sun is $35. Dragon Quest IX is $35. Figure out the math from there.

I'm going to try and snag an Epic Mickey CE. A $30 coupon is too hard to pass up! I've never tried buying a game at K-Mart...how likely is it they'll have a copy left on Tues? Anyone know if the games are out right when the store opens?

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Much of the coupon train has been well worth it so far, but it is still hard to compete when Amazon has it delivered to the door with no tax.

Some games more worth it than others but there are some where you can see an immediate $10 savings just from buying at amazon.

We should all push for lower sales tax! Our big stores are losing business from being charged such high taxes.

LOWER/NO SALES TAX IS NEEDED!!![/QUOTE]

Taxes are killing everything.

Its killing any kind of growth in this country.

Look back when this country was founded and in the industry boom

There wasnt near the taxes there are now

No, Kmart does not pricematch.

UPDATE:

DQ9 shows up as $30 online. I'm wondering if that is the price in stores as well. On the Golden Sun DS page, it says that if you buy GS you get DQ9 for $14.99, which would hopefully be the deal in stores as well.

That would mean it would be $45 for DQ9 and GS, although this is pure speculation right now.

Went in to use my $15 Epic Mickey Case credit. Found a $15 copy of Dirt 2 (360) and Muramasa $20 (Wii). Nice deal for both since I could not find Dirt 2 at Blockbuster. The store was a mess as usual though. They really need to clean that place up. Feel like I'm gonna get jacked everytime I walk out of that place.

Well, someone asked if the Epic Mickey cases will still give the coupons. No go on those.
I saw one at my store when I was picking up a game and bought it, no coupon. Promptly returned it for my $5.40. I mean, I've got 3 of those cases already and they serve no purpose unless I get a Wii game sometime that has a jacked up case. What is bad is that no one will ever buy it now, unless they see the part that says "Get a $15 coupon printed off with your receipt!" and get tricked into getting it. I did see a FNV case in the discount game bin and thought it was sad to see it there, but I've got a ton of those coasters, so I don't need it.

Anyways, was worried that I wouldn't get a coupon after reading recent posts in here, but used a $15 and $10 coupon on Green Day Rock Band, getting the price down to $15, and it printed off a new $15 coupon. Man I love these deals...

[quote name='nietzsche74']SHC, you removed the list of the October clearance games from the first post. That was not cool.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but to anyone who's still waiting for their SYW rewards card to come (it's been 2 1/2 weeks for me so far...) and want to redeem their points, apparently the employee must key in the card #, it doesn't seem to work if they just use your phone #.[/QUOTE]
WKC was 17.99 on Amazon today lol

[quote name='nietzsche74']It's certainly the case that SHC pulled the list too early. Sure, if you want to do some digging you can still find Kaydigi's thread, but that doesn't do anything for the thousands of visitors who know nothing about the clearance prices, which are quite competitive I might ad. Sears has an official clearance thread that is over a year old, and IO would leave clearance prices, TIVs, under $15 games, etc. on the Gamerush thread for years when they were a still a hot retailer.

Since many Kmart stores probably still have these games in their inventory (the store I was at today still had 3 copies of Nier for the PS3, obscured from view like the majority of clearance titles by the latest releases,) I think pulling this information from a conspicuous location after only a few weeks was rather premature, especially since most stores, if they're like the one's I've been in, still have these titles tagged at full price. Now I'm sure SHC wants to see these games sold as much as the rest of us do, but he should really consider modelling this thread after the many other "official" threads. Just because no one's talking about the clearance games anymore doesn't mean that the community has lost all interest in them.[/QUOTE]

Cool response and good points made. Sorry if I came out as a jerk in my response. Paul

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Do you guys think Dragon Age Origins & Awakening for PS3 for $10 after coupons is a good deal in comparison to just buying the Ultimate Edition? For example how much more DLC is there in the Ultimate Edition?[/QUOTE]

Warden's Keep $7 MSRP
Return to Ostagar $5 MSRP
Feastday Combo Pack $3 MSRP
Darkspawn Chronicles $5 MSRP
Leiliana's Song $7 MSRP
Golems of Argamarrak $5 MSRP
Witch Hunt $7 MSRP

Warden's Keep is a must for playing through Origins to get the chest to put your excess items in so you don't have to destroy them. Witch Hunt helps to finalize Morrigan's story and setup the background for Dragon Age 2 (although you don't play the same character your decisions are reflected in the next game.) Return to Ostagar gets you some decent armor/weapons and gives closure to King Cailan. The feastday combo pack is a bunch of gifts to make party members either instantly hate you or love/really like you.

Darkspawn, Leiliana, and Golems are played as seperate games (as is Witch Hunt) and you get some items to use in either Origins/Awakening if you complete them and in at least Leiliana's case, complete the in-game sidequest.

seriously i need to know if anyone is on the same boat i'm in for 2 different situations. I still havent gotten my bonus points for the Wii on 11/7 and BLack ops on 11/9......also i got rejected today to use coupons on psn points card. never got rejected before. according to manager, cant use coupons on it...... anybody in any of these 2 situations?

[quote name='litobirdy']seriously i need to know if anyone is on the same boat i'm in for 2 different situations. I still havent gotten my bonus points for the Wii on 11/7 and BLack ops on 11/9......also i got rejected today to use coupons on psn points card. never got rejected before. according to manager, cant use coupons on it...... anybody in any of these 2 situations?[/QUOTE]

Yep!
1. Still haven't gotten my points for COD
2. Still can't log in to the site
3. Still haven't received SYWR card in the mail

[quote name='litobirdy']seriously i need to know if anyone is on the same boat i'm in for 2 different situations. I still havent gotten my bonus points for the Wii on 11/7 and BLack ops on 11/9......also i got rejected today to use coupons on psn points card. never got rejected before. according to manager, cant use coupons on it...... anybody in any of these 2 situations?[/QUOTE]
I just used a $15 gaming coupon on PSN $20 card and it worked with no prob.

Went in today to see if I could get the Goldeneye bundle. Saw the "eye" part of the title peeking out from behind a few other box sets. Couldn't tell if it was the last one though.

Got minor grief using two coupons; the whole one coupon per item argument. He quickly shut it when I pointed to the new wording:). So paid just under 50 for the bundle and got the new $15cpn. Thanks Josh.:applause:

Did notice that Electronics was still pretty beat up from BF. Games and movies all mixed together. Other stuff just piled on the bottom shelf of displays. Budget games bin was nearly empty. Glad to have skipped out on store trips BF, just from seeing the aftermath.

Even more surprised by how busy they were today. No way the associate could even think to organize the area considering the amount of traffic flowing thru there.

Hopefully things will be more organized when I go back for EM as I also want to grab Sam&Max with the $10DK coupon. It was too crazy to try and find it today

You were right in your first post. It seems that store's manager is making up rules. I've never had problems using any coupon on points cards. IIRC, there has only been one coupon that wasn't able to be used on points cards and that restriction was actually printed on the coupon itself.

You should fire off an email to Josh so that he can straighten out the manager.

Kind of a bummer that the new coupons this week are only valid till christmas eve....is the gaming coupon thing coming to an end? Seeing as how 12/07 is the last date I am begining to fear the worst here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back