Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mindsale']Is today the last day for the Epic Mickey coupon or is tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it is tomorrow.

SHC,

Can you confirm if the sale on Greatest Hits next week extends to ALL the PS3 greatest hits? Especially the ones without the red GH band. I'm specifically looking at Batman AA (non GOTY) and some others. My local stores only have a few of the branded GH but more of the ones without it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Very early on, but I'm in the middle of creating a site that literally will change how retail is done in gaming (not an exaggeration). Once we get more down the path in a couple of months I'll probably be looking for some local CAG's to meet up downtown (Chicago) to meet up and brainstorm on what we are looking to do.

Skill trees, clanning bonuses, game achievement rewards (think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.), XP wagering w/matchmaking and that's just a few. Some very innovative ideas. It will not be a site for the casual user or have the same restrictions that Sears/Kmart.com have.[/QUOTE]
(think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.) Personally I think this idea would take off and do extremely well if the rewards are worth it. I dont know why for example MS hasnt already done something like this. For example beat/100% Halo Reach and get free DLC/MS points/Live extensions. Very very good idea imo. Kind of like Ubisofts Uplay but taken further.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Up to 12 $15 off coupons to use from buying stuff this week - fingers crossed for something worthwhile before 12/24 =][/QUOTE]

Well you have certainly taken advantage of this offer. I only got 6 :cry:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am literally working on the best project I have ever been associated with since I started and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Very early on, but I'm in the middle of creating a site that literally will change how retail is done in gaming (not an exaggeration). Once we get more down the path in a couple of months I'll probably be looking for some local CAG's to meet up downtown (Chicago) to meet up and brainstorm on what we are looking to do.

Skill trees, clanning bonuses, game achievement rewards (think of getting a 1000 points on an Xbox Live game and receiving a gift card etc.), XP wagering w/matchmaking and that's just a few. Some very innovative ideas. It will not be a site for the casual user or have the same restrictions that Sears/Kmart.com have.[/QUOTE]

Had no idea you were located in Chicago. If you need another CAG I live about 20 minutes out of Chicago and wouldn't mind lending out some ideas. I also graduated with an entrepreneurship major so I MIGHT have some worthy ideas...no promises though haha.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Up to 12 $15 off coupons to use from buying stuff this week - fingers crossed for something worthwhile before 12/24 =][/QUOTE]

You know that these particular coupons cannot stack and are only good on games right? Please tell me you know this because it sounds like you're holding out for something big.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You know that these particular coupons cannot stack and are only good on games right? Please tell me you know this because it sounds like you're holding out for something big.[/QUOTE]

They are making a big stack on my desk right now.

If the Ps3 GH deal works on every title thats GH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Greatest_Hits_games#PlayStation_3), I should be OK. There's enough there and with some $20 titles i've got some interest in to make use of them all.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You know that these particular coupons cannot stack and are only good on games right? Please tell me you know this because it sounds like you're holding out for something big.[/QUOTE]

I just want to know what everyone is buying to get all these coupons.

Went to kmart this afternoon and picked up sly collection using a $15 coupon on it and getting another $15 coupon. Won a glade aerosol air freshener also so went up front with that and finally got checked out after about 20 mins. Kmart was very busy and I got caught in the middle of a shift change for the cashiers. The cashier didn't know how to do the Cha-Ching deals without a gun to scan and had to get help from a couple of other cashiers. I'm not complaining though because without kmart these deals would no be available and therefore I would not be able to get the games.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Let's just say it will represent my resolution to every customer issue that has come across my desk this year. If I can't control the store fronts effectively from my chair, why not build a new store front that is under my direct control and emulates my/your thoughts on gaming.

It almost will feel like a stand alone company. Everything that is good at Amazon, IGN/GT/N4G, Halo Waypoint, WOW, COD MP (examples only), and CAG will be merged into one melting pot of awesomeness.[/QUOTE]Be careful with how much you build it up. People will only feel let down when the deals aren't 50% off new releases.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I just want to know what everyone is buying to get all these coupons.[/QUOTE]
Me too! What are some of the titles that are $39.99+ that you guys are buying to accumulate those $15 gaming coupons?

Since tomorrow is the last day for that promo... anyone care to share? Please?

I'm waiting for NBA Jam on PS3 for $29.99 because it will make a nice gift this holiday season.

Besides the current Golden Sun + Dragon Quest deal, are there gonna be any deals on DS games?

Some I'd love to pick up some older RPGs with my coupons.

I only got 2 $15 coupons this week, though I'm considering getting two more.
Considering getting Batman GOTY and Nier for 1, and Invizimals with Camera for the second. Then spend those two on NBA Jam and Art Academy next week.

I'll be using the other 2 $15 on 2 Super Mario All-Stars the following week.

[quote name='DJP519']For those of you who are having trouble finding MS Points cards in your store, here is my tip. If the electronics/gaming department has a hole on the shelf where they should be, try looking near the front of the store, there should be a generic gift card display, with gift cards for various restaurants and retail stores. I've found 1600 MS Point cards on those displays at two different stores in the past two weeks.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I second this, when I went into the local K-mart for the ME2/1600 pts card deal, I almost walked right past the points card. They had them with all the other gift cards for sale right at the front entrance. Keep your eyes peeled and/or just ask them where they have all their gift cards for sale.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Me too! What are some of the titles that are $39.99+ that you guys are buying to accumulate those $15 gaming coupons?

[/QUOTE]

It's for a games purchase $39.99 or more. You can buy 3 $15 games for example, and get the coupon.

OMG that sounds friggin AWESOME! Wish I lived in Chicago to be part of the meeting, *SIGH*

If there's any way we could provide some input/ideas Josh just put the word out on how we can do it! I would love to see what you have planned so far!

I'm gonna be up to my neck in Greatest Hits games I've missed out on.

Any chance for a platinum hits sale week after?

[quote name='akalboy']If you use a coupon to bring your total below $39.99, you still qualify for the $15 coupon, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Josh lets get a deal on those PSN cards! Wold be perfect![/QUOTE]

Hope not! I just bought $100 worth of PSN cards today. Walked out handing them a $5 bill. Coupon stacking went off fine but I was kinda sad that my coupon train (temporarily) ended.

Grabbed Mickey Collectors edition tonight.
Hard to pass up a $30 coupon!
Also i had a $15 coupon and 27.00 worth of COD BOPS reward points.

[quote name='oakafanforlife']I second this, when I went into the local K-mart for the ME2/1600 pts card deal, I almost walked right past the points card. They had them with all the other gift cards for sale right at the front entrance. Keep your eyes peeled and/or just ask them where they have all their gift cards for sale.[/QUOTE]

They hid three copies of ME2 in my store. Which appeared this week. They were far too valuable to let go during BF.

Thank you so much Josh, You are the Man!

I happened to be by a different Kmart this evening and ended up getting a few titles I was unable to find last week. Got Splatterhouse and NBA Jam.

Can't wait for next week!

Picked Epic Mickey tonight for $5 after coupons & got another $20 coupon to combine w/ my $15 coupon I already had. Both are ready to go for Sunday morning to pick up Mario Kart Wii for $5 after coupons. I also snagged No More Heroes 2 for $5 after coupon.

That will leave me w/ one more $15 off coupon to use. Now with that being said, are *ALL* red labeled/greatest hits PS3 games gonna be $19.99? If so, then I'm DEFINITELY using that last coupon to score God of War collection for $5!!! C'mon please let it be true! :lol:

No Super Mario Bros. Collection @ NYC Penn Station location today. The store was a mad house at 7pm tonite, not sure why. The store didn't have any copies of DKC Returns or Kirby's Epic Yarn, both of which I'm looking to pick up.

i too vote for a psn card deal. you'd make my day, if not month.

i'm also curious what you guys are getting to gather so many $15 coupons this week. I mean, 10? really? that's ($400 - existing coupons) in cash minimum, right? Even if you had $100 in coupons, that's still 300 out of pocket. I guess if you had a lot of gift shopping, maybe? curious.

[quote name='ivanctorres']No Super Mario Bros. Collection @ NYC Penn Station location today. [/QUOTE]

???

[quote name='ivanctorres']No Super Mario Bros. Collection @ NYC Penn Station location today. The store was a mad house at 7pm tonite, not sure why. The store didn't have any copies of DKC Returns or Kirby's Epic Yarn, both of which I'm looking to pick up.[/QUOTE]

Maybe everyone was scrambling to create a time machine.

[quote name='ivanctorres']No Super Mario Bros. Collection @ NYC Penn Station location today. The store was a mad house at 7pm tonite, not sure why. The store didn't have any copies of DKC Returns or Kirby's Epic Yarn, both of which I'm looking to pick up.[/QUOTE]

Not out yet??

[quote name='affa']i too vote for a psn card deal. you'd make my day, if not month.

i'm also curious what you guys are getting to gather so many $15 coupons this week. I mean, 10? really? that's ($400 - existing coupons) in cash minimum, right? Even if you had $100 in coupons, that's still 300 out of pocket. I guess if you had a lot of gift shopping, maybe? curious.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people probably had the $15 coupons from the Epic Mickey Presell...some may have had misc. $15 coupons

[quote name='ivanctorres']No Super Mario Bros. Collection @ NYC Penn Station location today.[/QUOTE]

Uhh... :lol:

Oh heck yes at that $29.99 pricepoint for NBA Jam 360/PS3. I've been sitting on my $25 GT5 coupon with hopes of something recent being put on sale for $20 off... namely NBA Jam! I just had a hunch it'd hit $29.99 before Christmas at K-Mart.

:D :D :D

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']A lot of people probably had the $15 coupons from the Epic Mickey Presell...some may have had misc. $15 coupons
[/QUOTE]

oh, i understand. but still, to get 10 coupons, even if you hoarded $15 epic mickey coupons, would still cost around $250

$40 x 10 = $400 minimum cost of games
$15 x 10 = $150 reduction due to hoarding epic mickey coupons
$250 out of pocket to buy those games, not including the $50 already spent to get those epic mickey coupons. could have other random coupons, of course.

and now they have 10 x $15 coupons, which need to be used separately. Odds are they go towards $20 games, so that's another $5 x 10 = $50 in future spending.

so that's the 250 to get those coupons, the $50 to get the em coupons, and another $50 to use those coupons. it adds up, is all i'm saying.

Of course, they'll have enough games to last them a year, or to give out as presents... but it's still a lot of money spent out of pocket to 'save' money.

Just a FYI, the Lodi, New Jersey Kmart has their "Golden Suns" in the cheap section (not the bargin bin and not in the display case). I almost gave up when I didn't see it in their display case. But my thickheadedness, made me search every inch of the game area until i found it. They had 3 left after my purchase....and they had a few DQIX too (it is in the display case). And both coupons printed fine.

Grabbed Golden Sun and DQIX last night. Both coupons printed just coupons printed just fine and no issues redeeming the one I had. Sweet, sweet deal!

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']Oh heck yes at that $29.99 pricepoint for NBA Jam 360/PS3. I've been sitting on my $25 GT5 coupon with hopes of something recent being put on sale for $20 off... namely NBA Jam! I just had a hunch it'd hit $29.99 before Christmas at K-Mart.

:D :D :D[/QUOTE]

What $29.99 price point? I thought it was $49.99 for Xbox 360/PS3.

[quote name='mtxbass1']What $29.99 price point? I thought it was $49.99 for Xbox 360/PS3.[/QUOTE]

Next weeks ad.

Sorry if this has been asked as I haven't followed the whole thread, but I was was wondering if there is going to be any upcoming deals on EA Sports Active 2?

[quote name='affa']i too vote for a psn card deal. you'd make my day, if not month.

i'm also curious what you guys are getting to gather so many $15 coupons this week. I mean, 10? really? that's ($400 - existing coupons) in cash minimum, right? Even if you had $100 in coupons, that's still 300 out of pocket. I guess if you had a lot of gift shopping, maybe? curious.[/QUOTE]

I shop for myself, earning $100+ gaming coupon is still pretty tough on the wallet you know... I just looked my expenses, I have spent $500+ on K-mart since September.

Anyway, it still beats B2G1 free deals. Some deals (like $30 Splatterhouse, $20 Apache Assault) are even better than used game prices. Only drawback? I can't play all of them :whistle2:( I'm overwhelmed....

Hey does anyone know if the black ops $25 sywr points promo expire? I still haven't used my points from my Black ops purchase

[quote name='dizmilli']Hey does anyone know if the black ops $25 sywr points promo expire? I still haven't used my points from my Black ops purchase[/QUOTE]
I don't think the SYWR points expire, it's safe to say they're good for a year.

[quote name='Ritley']Sorry if this has been asked as I haven't followed the whole thread, but I was was wondering if there is going to be any upcoming deals on EA Sports Active 2?[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to say you missed the deal. But maybe it will come back one day? There was a $20 gaming coupon deal on EA Sport Active 2 immediately on its release.

UPDATE: EA SPORTS ACTIVE 2 for XBOX 360 at WALMART for $60! Run, don't walk!
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/42995/walmart.com-ea-sports-active-2-xbox-360-ps3-wii

[quote name='Readthepost']Just a FYI, the Lodi, New Jersey Kmart has their "Golden Suns" in the cheap section (not the bargin bin and not in the display case). I almost gave up when I didn't see it in their display case. But my thickheadedness, made me search every inch of the game area until i found it. They had 3 left after my purchase....and they had a few DQIX too (it is in the display case). And both coupons printed fine.[/QUOTE]

At my Kmart, the Golden Suns were shoved way in the back of the display case, with the millions of old games, spine facing out.

That sounds awesome. I've been wondering for a while why no one embraced an enthusiast audience and created a store around that. It's remarkable how Achievements reshaped game playing behavior for a lot of people. There's no reason not to tap into that in a retail setting.

I'd love to give my input if and when that is possible, and if that's ok with you. It'd be exciting to be a part of this as it's designed. :bouncy:

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy'][quote name='SHC-Gamer']Because you are a #$%ch camper :)

I hate your face.[/QUOTE]
Come on over to the PSN and call it camping when I will literally hate your face.[/QUOTE]
And this is why this thread is better than every other thread with official reps. :rofl:

I am right now at the bruckner store in the bronx , store 9420 I believe and I want to buy 6 games but THE CASE is broken and the lady said I can't get any of the games, I find this unacceptable after first waiting 20 minutes for a cashier to open the case only to tell me that the glass case HAS BEEN broken and they can't get to that section of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back