Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sdclippers']They did thats how i got mine/;)[/QUOTE]

On the one that came out in late October? Did they really? Mine hasn't even stocked the new headset. I've been waiting :(

[quote name='david12795']i checked monday and it was still there :shrugs: lets hope it is. i have gift cards to burn. but they wont get any more shipments in?[/QUOTE]

Thats what everyone said Nintendo told them. No more after the first shipment sells out.

Does anyone know if the Epic Mickey empty box things still give coupon. I think they have 2 or 3 of those things in my store. Thanks.

[quote name='jer7583']I rarely go to gamestop anymore, but i unloaded a few games and did a few flips from the blockbuster sale this week.

I like everytime they ask if you want to pre-order anything now telling them "Why would I ever pre-order when kmart just offers the best deals" and the cashiers getting pissy about it.

Plus their employees are as bad if not worse than what is posted in this thread about kmart. I went to two different stores looking for a $15 copy of MAG and both cashiers had to get their 2 cents of "oh i heard that game sucks you don't want that" before even checking stock.

Plus the second one had to go on a rant about how the PS3 online sucks and nobody plays games online on it..

gamestop is the worst place to buy games, without exception. The worst.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Just go to Kmart, and become Kmart Smart. (Only in the Electronic Section though, because the rest of the store is a bit eh).

[quote name='death16']Does anyone know if the Epic Mickey empty box things still give coupon. I think they have 2 or 3 of those things in my store. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They don't.

[quote name='jer7583']I rarely go to gamestop anymore, but i unloaded a few games and did a few flips from the blockbuster sale this week.

I like everytime they ask if you want to pre-order anything now telling them "Why would I ever pre-order when kmart just offers the best deals" and the cashiers getting pissy about it.

Plus their employees are as bad if not worse than what is posted in this thread about kmart. I went to two different stores looking for a $15 copy of MAG and both cashiers had to get their 2 cents of "oh i heard that game sucks you don't want that" before even checking stock.

Plus the second one had to go on a rant about how the PS3 online sucks and nobody plays games online on it..

Or maybe they just don't like people giving douchey answers when a simple no thanks would suffice. Also find it funny that it bothers you when they editorialize, when you do the exact same thing regarding your retailer of choice and expect them to take it.

I just want to let everyone know that it's possible for you to earn 10x the SYWR points on your Kmart purchases this week. I got the email, and I'm sure others did as well. Basically, you get 100 points per dollar spent in rewards, instead of 10 points per dollar. Combine with one of the few "spend XX dollars in a specific category, get Y thousand points bonus" and you could have a sweet reward.

My dad ended up needing a new battery for his RV, and he found it at Kmart. One swipe of my card later and I've got nearly $14 in rewards already when I just redeemed $8.85 worth on Sunday when I bought SMAS.

Again, just a heads up since some people here might not have gotten the email. I'm not really sure who got it.

I also got a "Welcome to Kmart email Savings" email or something like that with a $5 off $50 coupon. Apparently, being a SYWR member since February means I just joined the email list or something.

[quote name='panda911']Or maybe they just don't like people giving douchey answers when a simple no thanks would suffice. Also find it funny that it bothers you when they editorialize, when you do the exact same thing regarding your retailer of choice and expect them to take it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He dumps on Gamestop whenever he has a chance. Yet, he still continues to go there. Kmart deals are great but sometimes the headaches of supply deficiency/employees/SYWR/coupons not printing/disorganized gaming department almost makes it unbearable. Almost.

[quote name='unforeseen']Exactly. He dumps on Gamestop whenever he has a chance. Yet, he still continues to go there. Kmart deals are great but sometimes the headaches of supply deficiency/employees/SYWR/coupons not printing/disorganized gaming department almost makes it unbearable. Almost.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why someone would say they hate a business and then go in and do the thing that makes them the most profit (trading in games).

any change of each or requested select stores of stocking at least 1 fender squier guitar for rockband 3?
total thumbs up if you could make it happen and make some kinda deal to go with it otherwise that rb3 i purchased continues to gather dust xD

[quote name='Leafitachi']any change of each or requested select stores of stocking at least 1 fender squier guitar for rockband 3?
total thumbs up if you could make it happen and make some kinda deal to go with it otherwise that rb3 i purchased continues to gather dust xD[/QUOTE]Probably not, since the Squier is exclusive to Best Buy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why do people keep asking for repeat deals? I don't want Josh wasting his budget on deals for people who didn't feel like getting them before when he could be using that for better deals on new games coming out. Either get them when they're out or miss out.[/QUOTE]

I did not have a ps3 yet when they ran the psn points card deal over the summer and ended up getting one a week and a half later (when amazon warehouse had a good deal in stock, didn't expect to get one so soon). I have been waiting on another really good points card deal, but most of the time the points cards are excluded at other stores now that they are considered gift cards instead of accessories.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sorry bud, the reading of the rules is incorrect. It was either register or user error that coupon didn't work.

If it was a the $15 software coupon from the $39.99 promotion it also wouldn't have worked as well due to the redemptions being limited to games only.[/QUOTE]

How can you know if it is a software coupon or not? I have 2 coupons from buying GT5 and the Black Friday PS3 bundle but it doesn't specifically say its software only, just gaming coupon.

[quote name='JayFx2']How can you know if it is a software coupon or not? I have 2 coupons from buying GT5 and the Black Friday PS3 bundle but it doesn't specifically say its software only, just gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]
Then you're good. If it is not a general gaming coupon it is called out specifically in ad and in the OP.

[quote name='JayFx2']How can you know if it is a software coupon or not? I have 2 coupons from buying GT5 and the Black Friday PS3 bundle but it doesn't specifically say its software only, just gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]

If it's software only, it will say that. So far I think the only software-only coupon was from the the spend 39.99+ get a $15 coupon deal a couple weeks ago.

Looks like ghost trick will be on the app store eventually?

Maybe? The japanese version is on there now. They also have the japanese version of Phoneix Wright - I dont' think that came out in america though.

Probably would hurt the DS version's sales - considering it's around $10 instead of $30..

[quote name='panda911']Or maybe they just don't like people giving douchey answers when a simple no thanks would suffice. Also find it funny that it bothers you when they editorialize, when you do the exact same thing regarding your retailer of choice and expect them to take it.[/QUOTE]

nope, they are just the shittiest, bottom of the barrel retailer. Douchey used car salesman clerks that talk down to you get douche answers.

I wouldn't have gone if I wasn't flipping some blockbuster games for more credit than I paid for them.

More was just providing perspective for the people who have had bad experiences here. At least at kmart you get deals.

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before but I didn't see it and I'm kinda new here, do layaway purchases qualify for the gaming coupons?

I was at Gamestop on Friday for the first time in almost 8 months. I had aquired a small pile of games that Amazon wouldn't take (not for resale cases and K-mart Enslaved) that I wanted off my shelf. The clerk asked me if I wanted to renew my edge card, and I said "no", and he asked why. I told him that I tried my games in to amazon because they offer a better rate. He explained to me that I couldn't beat Gamestop's TIV if I had an edge card. So i proceeded to tell him what the TIV's on Amazon were for those items, and explained why I was there. He was converted.

The other thing that used to blow their minds was when I would buy things from their website during the 25% off deals and return them in store. They couldn't ever figure out what I had done to get the game that cheap. They always looked at my like I stole something.

[quote name='nbballard']I was at Gamestop on Friday for the first time in almost 8 months. I had aquired a small pile of games that Amazon wouldn't take (not for resale cases and K-mart Enslaved) that I wanted off my shelf. The clerk asked me if I wanted to renew my edge card, and I said "no", and he asked why. I told him that I tried my games in to amazon because they offer a better rate. He explained to me that I couldn't beat Gamestop's TIV if I had an edge card. So i proceeded to tell him what the TIV's on Amazon were for those items, and explained why I was there. He was converted.

The other thing that used to blow their minds was when I would buy things from their website during the 25% off deals and return them in store. They couldn't ever figure out what I had done to get the game that cheap. They always looked at my like I stole something.[/QUOTE]

Haha thats funny. I love when they try to get me to preorder something with them, and saying I'll be missing out. Then I tell them I usually pay $40 for new releases at Kmart AND get $20-$25 coupons on my next purchase back. They quickly stop talking :bouncy:

[quote name='jkircos']I did not see this but does the $20 of Fable 3 apply to the collectors edition?[/QUOTE]

page 264...
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All coup offers extend to the CE's. Sometimes the CE's will be even more. The only issue is ever if we will carry and how much which at our current state usually isn't much on CE's.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='litobirdy']are you in this video?[/QUOTE]
No, unfortunately I was not there. I was working on the Kmartgamer.com reinvention project in Chicago and missed it.

Josh, I don't know if you read my previous reply, so I'll restate it here:

I suggest you change the date for the Two Worlds II offer from 1/4 to 1/25, as everywhere I've checked seems to indicate that it was delayed.

I'd definitely pick up LittleBigPlanet 2 w/ a $20 coupon attached, BUT I really want the collector's edition, which I have preordered at GameStop. I'll check Kmart out first the day LBP2 comes out and see if they have the collector's edition.. if they do, GREAT! I'll buy it! If not, I'll head over to GameStop and grab it there.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No, unfortunately I was not there. I was working on the Kmartgamer.com reinvention project in Chicago and missed it.[/QUOTE]

hows the chicago weather :D, anything cool we should be looking in the future as far as this projcet goes?

Is there any way to get more LBP2 Collectors Editions? I really want it from Kmart but if I cant find it there I'll have to go with Amazon. I imagine 800 would sell out completely within the first day or two. It's a pretty sweet looking CE for only $20 extra.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Is there any way to get more LBP2 Collectors Editions? I really want it from Kmart but if I cant find it there I'll have to go with Amazon. I imagine 800 would sell out completely within the first day or two. It's a pretty sweet looking CE for only $20 extra.[/QUOTE]
Because we do not pre order, CE's actually represent a huge inventory liability if you do not move through them week 1 unfortunately. Very tough balance here. Publishers want these gone after the first week.

[quote name='medetron']hows the chicago weather :D, anything cool we should be looking in the future as far as this projcet goes?[/QUOTE]
Just a whole sea of awesomeness. I think I'll be able to start talking details around March.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Because we do not pre order, CE's actually represent a huge inventory liability if you do not move through them week 1 unfortunately. Very tough balance here. Publishers want these gone after the first week.[[/QUOTE]

why?

[quote name='jkircos']I did not see this but does the $20 of Fable 3 apply to the collectors edition?[/QUOTE]

No and it will be no 99% of the time unless stated otherwise in OP. The only times both the standard/CE were affected was when there was a deal for $20/$25 off for buying a specific game like with the Call of Duty deals.

[quote name='confoosious']why?[/QUOTE]
Good question; I've asked the same thing to the publishers!

From our perspective, the business on CE's is very week 1 driven. If you have after they fact they sit on the shelf forever for us.

[quote name='rbarba4']That clip is full of awesome. Made my day:D.

It looks like your boss is genuinely enjoying the game. Pretty cool to have him back you up with this whole Gamer project[/QUOTE]
He's the reason I'm still here. He's one of the rare leaders who supports you no matter what.

NOOOOOOO! Square Enix is delaying Deus Ex to the next fiscal year, so sometime after April 1st. =(
Oh well, if it's a more polished game then I'm all for it!

So for the wii and ds owners, there is a playable demo of ghost that you can download off the wii's nintendo channel.

I havent tried it yet, but i have all the pheonix wright games.
Havent followed ghost trick at all, but with all the pleading to josh to have a deal on it, i am a little curious.

Maybe a poll asking if we played and liked the demo, and if there is a large enough yes% then josh stocks it and gets a killer offer...

[quote name='Sharkey1337']NOOOOOOO! Square Enix is delaying Deus Ex to the next fiscal year, so sometime after April 1st. =(
Oh well, if it's a more polished game then I'm all for it![/QUOTE]
Not going to lie, I know my feedback was to push it back and polish the hell out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back