Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I sent a note to ops that I am receiving feedback that the Xbox Live/PSN Cards, that are absolutely free to carry are not stocked at store level. Our supplier is showing every store with on hand qty's so there is definitely a discrepancy I am having ops investigate.[/QUOTE]

There's two NYC stores.
I've never seen 1600 MSP or $20 PSN cards at the 34th Penn Station one. I've occasionally seen the 4000 MSP and $50 PSN cards however. This has been since September or so when I first started dropping by every week.
So I went to the Astor Place one to get in on the BFBC2 Ultimate Edition promo. I've also been to this store several times (since 34th doesn't get stock as fast) but only ever checked the games behind the cases. I walked around this time and saw maybe a dozen or so 1600 MSP (not sure about PSN).

The 34th St one seems not to be stocked well in terms of quantity and organization. And it takes sometimes a week to put new games out

Ugh... I'd jump all over Battlefield if I had the cash. At least I know exactly where I'm buying DS 2 and that is all that matters.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I sent a note to ops that I am receiving feedback that the Xbox Live/PSN Cards, that are absolutely free to carry are not stocked at store level. Our supplier is showing every store with on hand qty's so there is definitely a discrepancy I am having ops investigate.[/QUOTE]

This is a widespread issue from the sounds. All of the stores I've hit in the past few month's have only had 4000 point and $50 psn cards but none of the 1600 and $20 cards.

I was going to buy a copy of BFBC2:UE for ps3 as a gift but there haven't been any cards instock anywhere.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']it's weird actually. I don't have the card so just give my phone #. One time however, the cashier told me to type in my PIN. I did and that transaction used my credit to take care of the balance (paid in coupons with $6 left before card credit). I suggest you say that you want to use your points to pay.[/QUOTE]

I have tried that but always get the runaround that the computer has to scan the actual card, which I was never sent. At this point I think I'm just going to use up my last 2 coupons on stocking stuffers for my kids & give my business elsewhere next year. I would love to get in on the battlefield & points deal but my store never has point cards in stock. Plus any extra I spend there just keeps increasing my points tally which just frustrates me since I can't use them. I understand these shc guys must be superbusy with the time of year but I can't help but be frustrated that I have spent a lot of money there & can't use the points that I've earned.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']There's two NYC stores.
I've never seen 1600 MSP or $20 PSN cards at the 34th Penn Station one. I've occasionally seen the 4000 MSP and $50 PSN cards however. This has been since September or so when I first started dropping by every week.
So I went to the Astor Place one to get in on the BFBC2 Ultimate Edition promo. I've also been to this store several times (since 34th doesn't get stock as fast) but only ever checked the games behind the cases. I walked around this time and saw maybe a dozen or so 1600 MSP (not sure about PSN).

The 34th St one seems not to be stocked well in terms of quantity and organization. And it takes sometimes a week to put new games out[/QUOTE]
I was in NYC for the first time this past weekend and visited the stores. Definitely some good real estate. If they were brought up to par they could do some damage.

[quote name='spiderman8576']is there any word that kmart is going to carry the collector's edition of littlebigplanet 2?[/QUOTE]

Same question... I covet this CE.

[quote name='spiderman8576']is there any word that kmart is going to carry the collector's edition of littlebigplanet 2?[/QUOTE]

It's been said previously that KMart is only getting about 600 CE of LBP 2 chain-wide.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Starting tomorrow I am going on vacation until after New Years Day. Just a heads up for customer issues and all that jazz. I'll catch up with everyone who has emailed me up through today as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all your hard work SHC.

Major issues at Kmart, yet again. The PSN card is not getting discounted or otherwise dropping in price after the cashier hits total for the BF:BC2 sale. I scan my rewards card, the game, then the PSN card. What am I doing wrong?

[quote name='Dranakin']Major issues at Kmart, yet again. The PSN card is not getting discounted or otherwise dropping in price after the cashier hits total for the BF:BC2 sale. I scan my rewards card, the game, then the PSN card. What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. You may just have to get the manager to do an override. Mention kmartgamer.com and see what happens.

[quote name='Dranakin']Major issues at Kmart, yet again. The PSN card is not getting discounted or otherwise dropping in price after the cashier hits total for the BF:BC2 sale. I scan my rewards card, the game, then the PSN card. What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

You are trying it with the Ultimate Edition, or whatever it is called, right?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I want to, but I have to tell you this was a complete shocker. I was just told yesterday as well. I usually now release dates way in advance. Very difficult to get everything lined up with this type of lead time. Definitely trying to work something out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are certainly not helping themselves doing something like that. I doubt I will get it unless someone comes up with a deal on short notice.

Has anyone successfully gotten the BF:BC2 deal? Everytime I go to Kmart, there's some kind of problem and the employees never know what the hell I'm talking about in regards to these deals. If I were to go there and have it not ring up properly, odds are 99% that the manager would be no help because they wouldn't know about it either.

[quote name='breakin2']Has anyone successfully gotten the BF:BC2 deal? Everytime I go to Kmart, there's some kind of problem and the employees never know what the hell I'm talking about in regards to these deals. If I were to go there and have it not ring up properly, odds are 99% that the manager would be no help because they wouldn't know about it either.[/QUOTE]
Worst case scenario, it rings up and doesn't work (which it should) but you purchase BFBC2 anyway and shoot me an email and I take care of it via mail. Shouldn't be like that but I hope everyone remembers that I'll be there to help.

Josh you have a few typos in the OP for next week's ad.

:360::ps3:Sly Cooper Collection $19.99
:360::ps3:Read Dead Undead $19.99

Sly Cooper only being on :ps3: and not being on :360: and just a simple typo of Read Dead instead of Red Dead. ;)

That said I am definitely getting Sly Cooper from K-Mart next week!!

[quote name='Silverspud']Dammit, I just bought the Sly Collection for $40.[/QUOTE]

Just buy a copy at Kmart for $19.99 next week and return it to the store where you got it for $40.

[quote name='emg28']Just buy a copy at Kmart for $19.99 next week and return it to the store where you got it for $40.[/QUOTE]

But I bought it at Kmart with $35 worth of gaming coupons that were about to expire on Christmas Eve.

[quote name='ampatrao']Is there any way to print out a temporary shop your way card? Pretty frustrating that I have about $38 of points but can't use theme in-store without the physical card which I never received. At this point I don't think I'll continue on the coupon train if these points remain unusable.[/QUOTE]

Write down your member #, then have them type that in and you will still be able to use your points as this is what they do when the card itself wont scan for whatever reason, trust me, it will work as Ive done it for customers on multiple occasions.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']There's two NYC stores.

The 34th St one seems not to be stocked well in terms of quantity and organization. And it takes sometimes a week to put new games out[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I need to pass by the Astor Place store ASAP to check it out; I've never been there before and I never knew that the Astor Place location was a full store. It's true that the 34th Street one never has 1600 MSP cards in stock and I've been going there for a while myself.

[quote name='breakin2']Has anyone successfully gotten the BF:BC2 deal? Everytime I go to Kmart, there's some kind of problem and the employees never know what the hell I'm talking about in regards to these deals. If I were to go there and have it not ring up properly, odds are 99% that the manager would be no help because they wouldn't know about it either.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get the deal yesterday with no problem except for the gaming section looked a someone threw a grenade in it. The cashier scanned the game (Xbox 360 version) first, then the points card then my Rewards card and it totaled up fine. He did a double take on the amount due but I'm sure he did not have a clue about the deal.

I had a $15 coupon, a bonus from buying Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Dragon Quest IX. I tried to use it to buy a $20 PSN card. I believe the coupon had a $15 minimum (I later spent it at another store) and IIRC it didn’t say anything about PSN card ineligibility, but the coupon didn’t work. The clerk told me I had to read the fine print and that it had a $25 minimum, which I didn’t see anywhere. He tried to explain that it somehow involved the 1/20 cent cash value figure. I had had a long day and when he confirmed that it wouldn’t work, I took the coupon and walked out.

So do the coupons have some hidden minimum above the printed minimum? What would the language look like on coupons that don’t work on PSN cards?

[quote name='MacMog']I had a $15 coupon, a bonus from buying Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Dragon Quest IX. I tried to use it to buy a $20 PSN card. I believe the coupon had a $15 minimum (I later spent it at another store) and IIRC it didn’t say anything about PSN card ineligibility, but the coupon didn’t work. The clerk told me I had to read the fine print and that it had a $25 minimum, which I didn’t see anywhere. He tried to explain that it somehow involved the 1/20 cent cash value figure. I had had a long day and when he confirmed that it wouldn’t work, I took the coupon and walked out.

So do the coupons have some hidden minimum above the printed minimum? What would the language look like on coupons that don’t work on PSN cards?[/QUOTE]

You should have received two coupons from the Golden Sun deal. A $10 for buying Golden Sun and a $15 for spending $39.99+ on games. The $15 is a "software only" coupon which excludes PSN and Xbox points cards. Other coupons do work on the cards.

And there is no hidden minimum. The employee was talking out the side of his ass. At least it was more creative than "The truck has come in yet."

[quote name='MacMog']I had a $15 coupon, a bonus from buying Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Dragon Quest IX. I tried to use it to buy a $20 PSN card. I believe the coupon had a $15 minimum (I later spent it at another store) and IIRC it didn’t say anything about PSN card ineligibility, but the coupon didn’t work. The clerk told me I had to read the fine print and that it had a $25 minimum, which I didn’t see anywhere. He tried to explain that it somehow involved the 1/20 cent cash value figure. I had had a long day and when he confirmed that it wouldn’t work, I took the coupon and walked out.

So do the coupons have some hidden minimum above the printed minimum? What would the language look like on coupons that don’t work on PSN cards?[/QUOTE]

just confirming the above poster correctly identified the issue -- the employee made that minimum thing up; the software only coupons don't work on psn cards. most coupons are 'gaming coupons' which do, but that 39.99 software coupon didn't.

i just picked up bfbc2 + $20 psn card at kmart this afternoon for ps3.. had no problems

definitely pickin red dead up next week.. glad i waited to buy it :cool:

Awesome on sly collection. I almost bought it full price this week. Glad i waited.

[quote name='Silverspud']But I bought it at Kmart with $35 worth of gaming coupons that were about to expire on Christmas Eve.[/QUOTE]
You can get a price adjustment within 7 days of purchase. Yeah, I know the gaming coupons mess that up a lot, but I would go in and try. They may just refund you a straight 20+tax. Never know until you try.

Has anyone had any luck getting best buy to price match the bfbc2 deal? I would buy it from kmart but my store doesn't have any $20 gift cards

Damn, just got an $88 gift card in an email from Sears. I was wanting to use it towards a Kinect, but I knew my Kmart did not have it. What I did not expect is Kmart.com and Sears.com to not have it. Well, Sears.com has it, but sold through someone else at higher than retail.
I wish Microsoft had a new shipment, but I might just stack this one with the next gift card they give me, however much it is, and wait Microsoft out for a cheap one.

That or I'll get a vacuum. Free vacuums are always nice.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Damn, just got an $88 gift card in an email from Sears. I was wanting to use it towards a Kinect, but I knew my Kmart did not have it. What I did not expect is Kmart.com and Sears.com to not have it. Well, Sears.com has it, but sold through someone else at higher than retail.
I wish Microsoft had a new shipment, [/QUOTE]

I think MS did just send out a bunch more. At Target last night they had an entire endcap full of them. And about 2-3 days ago I was at Kmart and even they had them. Someone was buying one and the lady there said she was surprised they had just been sitting in the store for a few days because the last shipment had sold out and they had gotten so many calls asking for it since then. So you may want to check your Kmart again.

I guess my Kmart Karma is balancing out. I have had nothing but easy service and checkout until recently. The last 3 times I have used coupons, something has gone wrong.

Twice, I have been told I got one of those 'Ka-ching' rewards, then the register locks up, and they have to completely reboot the register. Bye-bye reward.

Then I had to try and explain at least 3 times to different people that the large print that says you can use multiple coupons really does mean what it says. It amazes me how much they can fixate on the small print about only one coupon with the specific barcode, and ignore the bold print at the top.

But I can't complain too much. They all did eventually work, except for the lost bonus rewards. And I have to give credit that other than questioning me on the use of more than one coupon, everyone has been very friendly.

So I am couponed out for the year, but I am sure to start back up next year. Thanks Kmart and SHC-Gamer!

Belgarath the Ancient One

[quote name='io']I think MS did just send out a bunch more. At Target last night they had an entire endcap full of them. And about 2-3 days ago I was at Kmart and even they had them. Someone was buying one and the lady there said she was surprised they had just been sitting in the store for a few days because the last shipment had sold out and they had gotten so many calls asking for it since then. So you may want to check your Kmart again.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy, Sly and GTA4 Complete for $20 each?! I so want... but I'm scrapping to even be able to afford Mass Effect 2. Too bad I can't go into the future and bring the $20 coupon from ME2 back with me for use on one of them.

went to kmart today the bfbc2 deal did not ring up and they would not give me the deal i was so pissed whats up with it not ringing up at certain stores?

God the Rewards website is such a piece of crap. I just got an email from them. Click on Check Your Points balance. Log in. Nowhere does it have a points balance. Then logs me out for no reason. Must be that industry standard 2 second logout rule.

GRRRRRR.

Wish I hadn't used my last $15 coupon on Sonic's Ultimate Collection well before it expired, GTA IV Complete and Red Dead Undead look very tempting next week.

Just a rant but,

God I'm so fucking tired of these employees at kmart who tell me you cannot combine coupon when it CLEARLY says on the receipt up top you can.

I had saved up $125 in coupons and was gonna get a Kinect or something else and I'm told that being able to combine coupons like that would mean I'm getting it really cheap and I guess that's wrong. Why am I being treated like I'm doing something wrong? This is ridiculous.

Isn't the whole point of having the coupons is to be able to save them and stack them on whatever gaming purchase you want?

fuck some of these idiot Kmart employees and makin' up shit as they go along.....

[quote name='io']I think MS did just send out a bunch more. At Target last night they had an entire endcap full of them. And about 2-3 days ago I was at Kmart and even they had them. Someone was buying one and the lady there said she was surprised they had just been sitting in the store for a few days because the last shipment had sold out and they had gotten so many calls asking for it since then. So you may want to check your Kmart again.[/QUOTE]
I know I already said thanks for the heads up, but wow...thanks a lot.
I ran in to my Kmart and they had 3 of them at 9 pm. I asked the old man who was letting some lady look at some games how late they were open. He didn't look at me and said midnight. I asked if he could hold something for an hour behind the register for me and he said no. I then asked if layaway was my only option and he ignored me. Kind of irritated me, because he acted very rude and 'old man'-ish, while I was polite with my "Excuse me, sir"s and whatnot. Being in the military has conditioned me to using sir and ma'am when talking to civilians in a public setting like that.

So in a hurry, I drive my wife back home and grab 3 $10 coupons (couldn't find my fourth though) and a $15 coupon, as well as my keys and security badge for work. I drive haul ass to base and drive the speed limit on base and get to work where I print off my Heroes at Home gift card, then turn around and haul ass back to Kmart.

This is now an hour later, but I had no reason to hurry. Though the electronics area was packed then, they still had three Kinects.
I ended up getting Kinect with KA for a little more than $50 and Dance Central for $25~. I know there was a deal on Kinect games and was debating Motion Sports or the Sonic game, but I passed.

So thank you a lot.
Of course, when I got home, set it up, calibrated it, put in Dance Central, and started up my first song...my 360 RROD'd before the music started.
:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back