Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dapunisure']So if I wait to buy LBP2 in 2 weeks when dead space 2 comes out, can i then buy LBP2, get 50% off DS2 on the xbox 360, and then get a free 1600 points card for about $97???[/QUOTE]

Even though I don't know if I really want LBP2...

This deal sounds awesome lol (if it works like that)

The new DS2 deal is fantastic. Now to ensure myself a point card by writing a friendly reminder to stop by extra early before the hoarders attack my store.

Kmart weekly ad for 1/16 to 1/22

Sales:
:wii: Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns for $49.99, get Epic Mickey for $19.99

:360::ps3: Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 $49.99
:ps3: John Cena/Randy Orton wireless controller $29.99

MSRP:
:wii: Wii system $199.99
:ps3: Little Big Planet 2 $59.99
:ps3: Mass Effect 2 $59.99
:ps3: $50 Playstation network card $50
:ps3: Wireless Keypad $49.99
:ps3: 320GB PS3 system $349.99

That's it.

Best Buy definitely takes the cake this week with the B2G1. Kmart seems especially dead with the coupons going away, although those things were a complete mess. Between the Fallout Coasters and Epic Mickey Pre-orders it was hard to manage 20 of those coupons without them getting pretty haggered. The receipt paper was not a good idea to put a coupon on that wasn't good for 1-2 months.

I think I got just about everything I wanted from Kmart, and now I haven't been there since before Christmas and no plans on returning in the near future. It was nice while it lasted, and I hope to hear of a deal to bring me back into the store.

• We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
Will this also work for the CE? Will I probably be able to just walk in on launch day and find one also? Thanks.

[quote name='QuePasa87']
Will this also work for the CE? Will I probably be able to just walk in on launch day and find one also? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Im thinking yes with the collectors edition and more than a no for the second question, i believe that EA never got back to stock boy.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Kmart seems especially dead with the coupons going away[/QUOTE]
*sigh*

All I have to say really. Obviously you haven't been following this thread (or really just the OP).

[quote name='PhoenixAZ'] The receipt paper was not a good idea to put a coupon on that wasn't good for 1-2 months.[/QUOTE]

It is not hard to put a coupon in an envelope to keep it in good shape. I never had a problem.

[quote name='Killbomb']Jumping on the bandwagon my top 5 most anticipated are...

1. Mass Effect 3 (one of my most anticipated ever)
2. Uncharted 3
3. Skyrim
4. Mortal Kombat
5. Batman: Arkham City
[/QUOTE]

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Dragon Age 2
3. Uncharted 3
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. LA Noire/Homefront/Deus Ex

Sorry to ask again but any idea when you might know what kind of deal would be done with Homefront? I'm one of those weirdos (according to Wombat) who plans his game purchases out 2-3 months in advance.

Also you might want to take NASCAR pending offer off the OP, Activision announced the game was delayed until late March.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Best Buy definitely takes the cake this week with the B2G1. Kmart seems especially dead with the coupons going away, although those things were a complete mess. Between the Fallout Coasters and Epic Mickey Pre-orders it was hard to manage 20 of those coupons without them getting pretty haggered. The receipt paper was not a good idea to put a coupon on that wasn't good for 1-2 months.

I think I got just about everything I wanted from Kmart, and now I haven't been there since before Christmas and no plans on returning in the near future. It was nice while it lasted, and I hope to hear of a deal to bring me back into the store.[/QUOTE]

Most people weren't douches who had to worry about 20 coupons because they didn't buy out every pre-order box in their area.

this might be a dumb question, but do any of these deals apply to ordering the games online from Kmart? or in store only? i don't live near any kmarts.

[quote name='dapunisure']So if I wait to buy LBP2 in 2 weeks when dead space 2 comes out, can i then buy LBP2, get 50% off DS2 on the xbox 360, and then get a free 1600 points card for about $97???[/QUOTE]

Post #6691 makes it seem like that....which means I will be getting it both for the PS3 from KMart....was on the fence for LBP2 right away...but this makes the deal worthwhile for me.

Quick question: Would I be able to get Epic Mickey for 50% off buy buying Mass Effect 2. I'm asking because I'm not sure of EM's current price, whether or not the deal can be applied to games

[quote name='nietzsche74']Quick question: Would I be able to get Epic Mickey for 50% off buy buying Mass Effect 2. I'm asking because I'm not sure of EM's current price, whether or not the deal can be applied to games

[quote name='nietzsche74']Quick question: Would I be able to get Epic Mickey for 50% off buy buying Mass Effect 2. I'm asking because I'm not sure of EM's current price, whether or not the deal can be applied to games

Used a $30 and a $10 coupon on Prof. Layton 1 & Princess Debut today. Didn't see any Nintendo points cards. (Not too disappointed anyway. My original plan was to buy the cards and get FFIV:The After Years, but with the new PSP version, I'll wait.)

Lady in electronics section originally said I couldn't use my $30 Epic Mickey coupon since Prof. Layton was $29.99. Pointed out that the coupons said gaming purchase, not just on one game. Kind of reluctantly agree to "try it," and she seemed shocked that both coupons worked. $10 + tax for two games out the door.

Thanks, Josh & Kmart!

Although I'm sure that's not the case I would like clarification on this aswell. Kmart already has my money on the deal to begin with, if mine even gets DS2 on time, but this would just be icing on the cake.

[quote name='Altanis']The deal ONLY works on $59.99 titles. Period. Josh even said it himself multiple times that, while he'd love to make it be 50% off any title, the system will not let him do that, and thus, he's limited to $59.99 titles.

Epic Mickey, like most other Wii games, is $49.99. Therefore, you cannot get it 50% off.

As for whether the 50% off will still be active then, look at the dates that the 50% off promo will be running. Look at the dates that ME2 will be $45. If the two deals will be active at the same time, it's a pretty damn good bet that they will be stackable with each other.[/QUOTE]

How much is the Epic Mickey collector's edition?

[quote name='nietzsche74']How much is the Epic Mickey collector's edition?[/QUOTE]
$69.99, just like it always has been.

There are all of 2 Wii games in Kmart's system that are $59.99- EA Sports Active 2, and Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 with the gun. That's it.
[quote name='Reira']Used a $30 and a $10 coupon on Prof. Layton 1 & Princess Debut today. Didn't see any Nintendo points cards. (Not too disappointed anyway. My original plan was to buy the cards and get FFIV:The After Years, but with the new PSP version, I'll wait.)

Lady in electronics section originally said I couldn't use my $30 Epic Mickey coupon since Prof. Layton was $29.99. Pointed out that the coupons said gaming purchase, not just on one game. Kind of reluctantly agree to "try it," and she seemed shocked that both coupons worked. $10 + tax for two games out the door.

Thanks, Josh & Kmart![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a similar response when I tried using a $40 coupon on Golden Sun DS and Dragon Quest IX. The clerk said that since each game was $34.99 it would only take that much off. I just went along with it, since I knew that wasn't the case. I noticed that the clerk said absolutely nothing when it took the whole $40 off.

You basically have to either just go along with them, or basically plead for them to scan the coupon. I find it amazing that the managers either limit it to 1 coupon per item (when you're buying 1 game, this can become problematic), or 1 coupon per transaction. It's even worse when they do that when the coupons have it in bold print that they can be combined. Bottom line though is that if you have problems, email Josh and he'll try to fix it.

[quote name='pluginbaby121']Although I'm sure that's not the case I would like clarification on this aswell. Kmart already has my money on the deal to begin with, if mine even gets DS2 on time, but this would just be icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]
Josh has already said that it should work that way, since the 50% off promo and the free points card promo are two separate categories of sales and are able to overlap in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to use my $20 gaming coupon that expired today on LBPGOTY which was marked at 29.99 but it wouldn't ring up because the game is actually 19.99 in their system, I am sad to see the coupons go away I had plans on buying several games and keeping a good thing going. I still love big K & Josh is the KMARTYR but teasing us with coupon deals then pulling them away like Lucy with the football has left me out in the cold.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Jumping on the bandwagon my top 5 most anticipated are...[/QUOTE]

1) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2) Xenoblade
3) Tales of Graces
4) The Last Story
5) Night of the Sacrifice
6) Fatal Frame

[quote name='Altanis']$69.99, just like it always has been.

Josh has already said that it should work that way, since the 50% off promo and the free points card promo are two separate categories of sales and are able to overlap in the system.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks :)

SInce the LBP 2 50% of another game is until Feb 12, can I buy LBP and get Dead Space 2 as my 50% off game if I buy them sameday?

Just wondering if this'll work... since ME2 and LBP2 both have the 50% off thing, if you were to buy both of them, would that make each game only $30 each because of their deals? What do you guys think

[quote name='dizdaz']Just wondering if this'll work... since ME2 and LBP2 both have the 50% off thing, if you were to buy both of them, would that make each game only $30 each because of their deals? What do you guys think[/QUOTE]

What we think has already been stated... read the thread. But just to answer the question. No it wont work. One game = full price the other will be 1/2 off

[quote name='n10zguy']What we think has already been stated... read the thread. But just to answer the question. No it wont work. One game = full price the other will be 1/2 off[/QUOTE]
I went back a couple of pages and didn't see this addressed but my bad! And I see now. Bummer.. Thanks anyways

[quote name='dizdaz']Just wondering if this'll work... since ME2 and LBP2 both have the 50% off thing, if you were to buy both of them, would that make each game only $30 each because of their deals? What do you guys think[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't type while in the middle of erotic asphyxiation, the brain doesn't work so well.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I don't want Microsoft Points for Dead Space 2. This is malarkey![/QUOTE]
So buy a PSN card then.

Sheesh people, at least Josh is trying to still give deals. Not to mention, you can get DS2 for 50% off if you buy LBP2 or Mass Effect with DS2. I don't even own a PS3 or 360 and think that ~$96 after tax for two releases that are less than 10 days old as well as a $20 point card free is a pretty damned good deal.

Also, Kmart offers price adjustments within 7 days of purchase. So if you REALLY wanted to get deep into the math, you can buy Mass Effect (or LBP2) and Dead Space 2, and get the $20 points card for free, and then go back the next week when Mass Effect is on sale for $45 and get $15 back:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/nb_10151_10104_NB_CSreturns?adCell=WF&adCell=WF
Price adjustments will be given on prior Kmart purchases within 7 days of purchase. You must present in your original sales receipt/email to receive the adjustment. Price adjustments will not be given on holiday merchandise or merchandise that is on clearance.

So if you really want to bitch about being able to get 2 brand new games, a $20 points card, and everything said and done for $75 + tax, please go elsewhere. If you want to thank Josh for all of the unnecessary hard work he's put in trying to please the ungrateful people (and trust me, I had a different word there) on CAG, then please continue.

Bottom Line: Bitching about what is an unbeatable deal is pretty much bullshit. Josh should be thanked just for continuing to have a deal for these games. Instead, you people are acting like the most ungrateful people ever.

Josh: Please don't let these guys get to you at all. You've offered much more than any of your competitors. I don't know about too many other people, but I'm pretty damn happy that you're still doing this, and are trying to find alternative deals considering the constraints you've been placed under.

I swear, you're bitching about getting a $20 points card and two $60 games for either $75 or $90 plus tax. I don't get it. You're saving 46.5% with the price adjustment off the MSRP of games that are under 2 weeks old, and you're still saving 35.7% without the price adjustment.

[quote name='Altanis']So buy a PSN card then.

Sheesh people, at least Josh is trying to still give deals. Not to mention, you can get DS2 for 50% off if you buy LBP2 or Mass Effect with DS2. I don't even own a PS3 or 360 and think that ~$96 after tax for two releases that are less than 10 days old as well as a $20 point card free is a pretty damned good deal.
[/QUOTE]

I understand man. Perhaps I'm being too pompous. Now that you put it that way, I'm stoked. PLus I got a $10 GC I'm gonna spend on LBP2. I just hope the Kmart employee I deal with isn't an idiot about the whole thing.

By the way, how is the 50% off gonna work? Am I gonna get a coupon or something? I missed that part..

ok im confused, Is it possible to get ME2 for $45 then get %50 off of DS2 and then get a free $20 psn card????? cus if thats true then ill just turn into el hoardo and clear out all 4 of my local kmarts lol

I really don't understand how people can still complain about these deals, as well as try to exploit them further (dude wanting 50% off an endless number of games lol).

Also, wtf with people posting their top 5 anticipated games, do that crap on ign or xbox's boards.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I understand man. Perhaps I'm being too pompous. Now that you put it that way, I'm stoked. PLus I got a $10 GC I'm gonna spend on LBP2. I just hope the Kmart employee I deal with isn't an idiot about the whole thing.

By the way, how is the 50% off gonna work? Am I gonna get a coupon or something? I missed that part..[/QUOTE]
If you're interested in Dead Space 2 and either Little Big Planet 2 or Mass Effect and aren't stoked for the deal that Josh has, you really need to re-evaluate your CAG-factor. I just don't see how anyone is able to say that Josh doesn't have an amazing offer up, especially given the circumstances.

As for the 50% off, if you follow this thread, you know there's no coupons in January or February (until further notice). I also advise reading this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8064919&postcount=6734

[quote name='VaultDweller']ok im confused, Is it possible to get ME2 for $45 then get %50 off of DS2 and then get a free $20 psn card????? cus if thats true then ill just turn into el hoardo and clear out all 4 of my local kmarts lol[/QUOTE]
No, it's not possible. We just have been posting about it and acting like it has for the last 75+ posts because we think it makes us look cool. :roll:

[quote name='burz88']I really don't understand how people can still complain about these deals, as well as try to exploit them further (dude wanting 50% off an endless number of games lol).[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Hell, like I said, I don't even have a PS3 or 360 and think these deals are pretty kick-ass. However, this is CAG. Just like every other deals site, there are people that are hoping to use the deals to an even bigger advantage than they already are, and some people take that to an extreme.

[quote name='jaredstorm']By the way, how is the 50% off gonna work? Am I gonna get a coupon or something? I missed that part..[/QUOTE]

It'll take 50% off the second $59.99 game immediately. No coupon involved.

I'll admit that I am a bit disappointed in the Dead Space 2 deal especially since I don't want LBP 2 and already have Mass Effect 2 on 360 but I applaud Josh for still making an effort. Really can't wait to get back on the coupon train... :D

[quote name='burz88']Also, wtf with people posting their top 5 anticipated games, do that crap on ign or xbox's boards.[/QUOTE]
It's from an earlier discussion made two days ago.

[quote name='Altanis']Also, Kmart offers price adjustments within 7 days of purchase. So if you REALLY wanted to get deep into the math, you can buy Mass Effect (or LBP2) and Dead Space 2, and get the $20 points card for free, and then go back the next week when Mass Effect is on sale for $45 and get $15 back:[/QUOTE]

I actually never thought of an adjustment. I guess with coupons, I never really had to. Thanks for the information. It's surprising to see that their policy is only 7 days.

The only part I wonder is if it would cause any problems with future deals. If what Dino said was correct, the free $20 card promo would end on the 29th, so we wouldn't really be meant to get a card in conjunction with the ME2 price drop. But if this it's a month long promo, it must be fine.

Thanks SHC-Gamer for these deals.

I might have to jump on ME2 for $45 when the time comes. I wanna get the game ASAP but I know now not to get certain games when they first launch cause some stores will have them on sale in a week or 2.

I'm happy that Josh is still trying to get deals for us and not giving up on his project. I think it's a temporary setback - I have a feeling he'll come up with a "coupon" solution soon, and things will probably be tied to your reward zone account.

[quote name='yokofox33']Kmart.com has ME2 and LBP2 listed with a 20 dollar coupon attached to the order. Will they honor that if you order it or no?[/QUOTE]
oh jeez. At least it isnt in their print ad.

I did notice the print ad has Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns for $50 and get Epic Mickey for $20. Not a bad deal.

[quote name='ShockandAww']oh jeez. At least it isnt in their print ad.

I did notice the print ad has Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns for $50 and get Epic Mickey for $20. Not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

I just woke up, so forgive me if this question has been asked over and over. I didn't see it being discussed in the last few pages.

I'll probably just do the Bestbuy deal.

[quote name='Altanis']Also, Kmart offers price adjustments within 7 days of purchase. So if you REALLY wanted to get deep into the math, you can buy Mass Effect (or LBP2) and Dead Space 2, and get the $20 points card for free, and then go back the next week when Mass Effect is on sale for $45 and get $15 back.
[/QUOTE]

Though it's slightly clever and people are going to do it I'm not sure Josh would appreciate something like that..

[quote name='yokofox33']I just woke up, so forgive me if this question has been asked over and over. I didn't see it being discussed in the last few pages.

I'll probably just do the Bestbuy deal.[/QUOTE]
I meant nothing towards you. I just meant to say oh jeez as in oh jeez another screw up with Kmart but at least their print ad doesnt advertise the $20 deal. It's just inevitable it seems that something goes wrong with at least one of the deals every week.

Anyway the answer I imagine is NO you wont get that $20 coupon since that's not really supposed to be the deal anymore as far as I know. The deal is supposed to be buy LBP2 or ME2 and get half off another $59.99 game.

Technically as long as its advertised it'd probably end up being honored or canceled but I'd just leave it alone. Josh has enough crap to deal with.

[quote name='Killbomb']It'll take 50% off the second $59.99 game immediately. No coupon involved.[/QUOTE]

Oh! So I can't buy Dead Space 2 for 50% off?

EDIT: NVM, I just read over the OP again. Realizing the LBP2 offer is valid til 2/12. Yay! Here's to hoping Kmart employees do a good job.

[quote name='yokofox33']Kmart.com has ME2 and LBP2 listed with a 20 dollar coupon attached to the order. Will they honor that if you order it or no?[/QUOTE]
That's probably because their online coupons are attached to your account, and thus, cannot be copied and used to scam the company.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Though it's slightly clever and people are going to do it I'm not sure Josh would appreciate something like that..[/QUOTE]
It really doesn't matter if he appreciates it or not, does it? The company's policy is their policy.
If he doesn't want the deal that I pointed out to be possible, he can change the dates of either the free $20 points card or Mass Effect being on sale.
I love what Josh is doing, but it's not like I just found some amazing way to scam the company- I mean it's their company policy to offer a 7 day price adjustment. I even think Josh has mentioned it before (although I am likely wrong in that aspect).

I'll be honest here: If Josh didn't know about Kmart's 7 day price adjustment, he's part of the problem of Kmart workers that don't know policies. Harsh really, but true. If Josh made these deals and then we bring it up that this is possible, there's nothing he can really do besides either accept it, or cancel the offer. He's shown multiple times that canceling isn't what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back