Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']Also, Kmart offers price adjustments within 7 days of purchase. So if you REALLY wanted to get deep into the math, you can buy Mass Effect (or LBP2) and Dead Space 2, and get the $20 points card for free, and then go back the next week when Mass Effect is on sale for $45 and get $15 back[/QUOTE]

So is this ok with you Josh? I don't think the stores are going to appreciate it and people doing it will cause problems with future deals. However if that's not the case then I'll do it.

To me it's the same sort of loopholes of store policies that CAGs cry about all the time. I don't see why doing it in this situation would be different.

You know I didn't even care about dead space 2 but seeing that I can get it for essentially $10 (with the free $20 PSN card and 50% off from Mass Effect 2), I am totally in. Thanks Josh. My day just got 10x better.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Actually, I'm not aware of a street week offer I have run that has not included the CE. The only time it varied was when I actually increased the offer for Epic Mickey since I had enough to make a cool offer.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I'm mixed up then. For some reason I thought I remembered Fable 3 or something back in November not including the CE, but there are too many deals to keep track of, so I'm remembering wrong.
Well, that's good anyway.

So I have been holding onto a gift card that I got for Christmas, waiting to get Little Big Planet 2 with it and to get the $20 coupon. I go to preorder it online, but kmart.com says it cannot take gift cards for preorder items. Just something to let everyone else know in case they were also like me and holding on to any gift cards.

[quote name='medetron']was there any word on kmart getting the two worlds II royal edition? would like to buy it but seems gamestop only has it?[/QUOTE]
We will not have it unfortunately. Anyone see anything about the game yet? I don't have a good gut feeling on it, but I haven't seen much outside of E3 and that is a lot of time for polish.

Josh, how did your meeting with Sony go last week? You don't have to provide details, but how would you say it went overall?

Also, is there hopefully something down the road for the 3DS? I know that we won't know the launch date and price until Wednesday, but I still felt like asking.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, how did your meeting with Sony go last week? You don't have to provide details, but how would you say it went overall?

Also, is there hopefully something down the road for the 3DS? I know that we won't know the launch date and price until Wednesday, but I still felt like asking.[/QUOTE]
Sony meeting was great, best line up I've seen from them. Got hands on with Infamous 2 and KZ3. Resistance 3 looks great as well. And of course the big dog Uncharted 3.

Just me, but I don't think Last Guardian will be in 2011. Maybe shortly thereafter. Nothing from Sony confirming this, more of a hunch.

For 3DS, all depends upon the rules set by Nintendo for offers. Once they announce I'm sure they will let me know :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will not have it unfortunately. Anyone see anything about the game yet? I don't have a good gut feeling on it, but I haven't seen much outside of E3 and that is a lot of time for polish.[/QUOTE]

i to wasn't hoping much for this game but the reviews have been actually pretty good. metacritic has it at 80 on the ps3 which by there standards a pretty good damn score lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
Just me, but I don't think Last Guardian will be in 2011. Maybe shortly thereafter. Nothing from Sony confirming this, more of a hunch.
[/QUOTE]

I get that feeling too, and its terrible! I bought a PS3 specifically for The Last Guardian. Oh well, can't wait for infamous2!

[quote name='medetron']i to wasn't hoping much for this game but the reviews have been actually pretty good. metacritic gave it a 80 on the ps3 which by there standards a pretty good damn score lol[/QUOTE]

Metacritic doesn't rate games. The 80 is an average of all the ratings so far.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/two-worlds-ii/critic-reviews

And reviews really don't matter. It could be an amazing game and still fail at retail (Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Psychonauts, etc). I'm with Josh, I don't think this game will do well at all.

[quote name='Scorch']Metacritic doesn't rate games. The 80 is an average of all the ratings so far.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/two-worlds-ii/critic-reviews

And reviews really don't matter. It could be an amazing game and still fail at retail (Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Psychonauts, etc). I'm with Josh, I don't think this game will do well at all.[/QUOTE]

opps meant to say "has it", while those games you pointed out were great the timing was just bad.. beyond good and evil was a great game and I'm happy to see a remake and a new game coming out. :)

[quote name='medetron']opps meant to say "has it", while those games you pointed out were great the timing was just bad.. beyond good and evil was a great game and I'm happy to see a remake and a new game coming out. :)[/QUOTE]
Three games this year really under performed that I thought were very solid titles that probably failed based on release timing.

Vanquish, Castlevania: LOS and Enslaved. I've loved each one actually. In fact, Enslaved in 3D is probably the best game out right now for 3D outside of Black Ops.

Is the whole game 3D? It was kind of wordy and made it sound like it was just the DLC, but that's dumb. I would think the shaky cam during fights would make you throw up in 3D.

[quote name='nbballard']Is the whole game 3D? It was kind of wordy and made it sound like it was just the DLC, but that's dumb. I would think the shaky cam during fights would make you throw up in 3D.[/QUOTE]
The whole game is definitely in 3D, the environments look great.

When the camera pulls in quick for a finisher it can get a bit intense but I don't find it that bad.

I was not a 3D fan at first, but now I can't play any other way. For others games I have to use the upconverter from 2D to 3D which obviously doesn't look as good as native 3D but still, the added visual depth for games like Mass Effect 2 is addicting.

Will these deals ever expand to Sears as well? I've got a Sears down the street, but I'm pretty far from a Kmart.

[quote name='mkelehan']Will these deals ever expand to Sears as well? I've got a Sears down the street, but I'm pretty far from a Kmart.[/QUOTE]
I'd love to but it is such a different customer pattern and financial model for gaming at Sears. It has made it difficult to do things in the past in games without inventory liability.

Definitely on the burner though on how to shake it up a bit.

Hearing how Vanquish underperformed doesn't surprise me, due to everyone stating that it's a game that could be finished in like, three hours or something. Enslaved was a really nice game, but a terrible platformer. It was like 'Jump here. It's flashing. You can't make mistakes. Just hold the stick and mash the button until you get to the top.' Castlevania was amazing, though. Much better than I had ever expected it to be.

[quote name='Interfeci'] Castlevania was amazing, though. Much better than I had ever expected it to be
543.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yesss.. this is what I was hoping! Excited... :lol:

[quote name='nownownow']Yesss.. this is what I was hoping! Excited... :lol:[/QUOTE]
How much I loved Castlevania. If you played through it, you know where I'm coming from but may not have loved it as much of course :)

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Castlevania Lords of Shadow

The multiplayer aspect of Two Worlds 2 definitely intrigues me, but I feel it will drop in price quickly also. A Co-op game I'm really looking forward to is 4 months away in Hunted: Demons Forge.

Both LBP 2 & ME 2 have the same offer, will they work with each other or will I get corporate BS?

[quote name='Interfeci']Hearing how Vanquish underperformed doesn't surprise me, due to everyone stating that it's a game that could be finished in like, three hours or something. [/QUOTE]

It was due to an amateur-level review from Game Informer that said it could be beaten in 4 hours. Funny thing is, Vanquish only counts the time you're actually fighting so it'd be 7-8 hours total. Beating it under 4 hours TOTAL would mean he played it on casual auto mode.

[quote name='Shimmerz']The multiplayer aspect of Two Worlds 2 definitely intrigues me, but I feel it will drop in price quickly also. A Co-op game I'm really looking forward to is 4 months away in Hunted: Demons Forge.[/QUOTE]
I'm really hoping Hunted turns out good, it was very fun at E3 and the developers are really cool guys.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Both LBP 2 & ME 2 have the same offer, will they work with each other or will I get corporate BS?[/QUOTE]
Not sure on the corporate BS :) I save that for Wednesdays.

Only one item can act as the trigger. They both will not ring up 50% off when purchased together.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Both LBP 2 & ME 2 have the same offer, will they work with each other or will I get corporate BS?[/QUOTE]

they will work with each other, you will get both for $90 + taxes

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure on the corporate BS :) I save that for Wednesdays.

Only one item can act as the trigger. They both will not ring up 50% off when purchased together.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VaultDweller']they will work with each other, you will get both for $90 + taxes[/QUOTE]

The post above you says otherwise. I'd go with his word. ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm really hoping Hunted turns out good, it was very fun at E3 and the developers are really cool guys.[/QUOTE]

It looks great and I know they hid a lot of out of the way upgrades in the game. Though I am annoyed with them for offering 4 different pre-order bonuses for the game. As with most pre-orders they're probably easily upgradeable items but it makes things tougher considering how much some of that content sells for (just look at the $100 AC:B Harlequin skins).

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure on the corporate BS :) I save that for Wednesdays.

Only one item can act as the trigger. They both will not ring up 50% off when purchased together.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VaultDweller']they will work with each other, you will get both for $90 + taxes[/QUOTE]

[quote name='craven_fiend']The post above you says otherwise. I'd go with his word. ;)[/QUOTE]

Josh is saying you won't get both games for half off. Nothing about you won't EITHER game for half off.

[quote name='salty tbone']Josh is saying you won't get both games for half off. Nothing about you won't EITHER game for half off.[/QUOTE]
Correct. One game will ring up at 50% off.

No surprise looks like Driver San Francisco at the earliest is now out in April instead of Feb. Yet another Feb game to be delayed

Hey Josh, how much intel about the SYWR program do you have?

I just checked my account after buying something from Kmart.com on Friday, and I'm wondering if it was 2x rewards points or something? Unless I'm looking at it wrong, it looks like I got double rewards points on my purchase. Granted, it's all of a nickel (yes, 5 cents), but I found it odd. I ask because this was my first Kmart.com purchase, so I am not sure how stuff bought off the website is supposed to show in your account, and am just wondering if it was your system screwing up or what.

No big deal if you don't know, I was just a bit... miffed on why I have it showing up twice in my purchase history.

[quote name='Altanis']Hey Josh, how much intel about the SYWR program do you have?

I just checked my account after buying something from Kmart.com on Friday, and I'm wondering if it was 2x rewards points or something? Unless I'm looking at it wrong, it looks like I got double rewards points on my purchase. Granted, it's all of a nickel (yes, 5 cents), but I found it odd. I ask because this was my first Kmart.com purchase, so I am not sure how stuff bought off the website is supposed to show in your account, and am just wondering if it was your system screwing up or what.

No big deal if you don't know, I was just a bit... miffed on why I have it showing up twice in my purchase history.[/QUOTE]
I have zero visibility to SYWR offers outside of my own area, however I did notice a 2x offer this weekend if I'm not mistaken.

I guess that would explain it. Probably part of the MLK day sale the website had then. Thanks!

(I really don't want two copies of my order. Let's hope that doesn't happen).

See your here today Josh, So if the local big K doesn't have MS point cards for Dead space 2, which means they would have to get them by next week and they seem to have been out for months, then what other option do I have come next tuesday? I looked in front of the store too, Tacoma and Lakewood Kmarts have been out, or they get a few and sell that fast?? I am in almost weekly.
thanks bud

Enjoying the Chicago weather today Josh? lack of deals isn't the only reason January sucks.

sorry, if this has been asked recently, but is there a ps3 console deal in the foreseeable future? appreciated.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']See your here today Josh, So if the local big K doesn't have MS point cards for Dead space 2, which means they would have to get them by next week and they seem to have been out for months, then what other option do I have come next tuesday? I looked in front of the store too, Tacoma and Lakewood Kmarts have been out, or they get a few and sell that fast?? I am in almost weekly.
thanks bud[/QUOTE]
Just like with all other issues, you would contact Josh directly via the directions in the OP, if your store is missing the points cards.

[quote name='MaskedPlague']I was surprised when bought DKC and Epic Mickey today. Epic Mickey rang up for 9.99. Good deal.[/QUOTE]

You sure you don't mean 19.99?

Kmart online is offering $20 credit towards a future video game purchase for LBP2 and Mass Effect 2.

Is the 50% towards the second game still in effect in stores?

Yes. From what I have seen and read the buy ME2 or LBP 2 and get one $59.99 for 50% off is in effect in store.
[quote name='nsxviper']Kmart online is offering $20 credit towards a future video game purchase for LBP2 and Mass Effect 2.

Is the 50% towards the second game still in effect in stores?[/QUOTE]

There really needs to be a way to make it so that there is one K-Mart thread for questions and one K-Mart thread for general info, this is ridiculous.

[quote name='nsxviper']Kmart online is offering $20 credit towards a future video game purchase for LBP2 and Mass Effect 2.

Is the 50% towards the second game still in effect in stores?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why there wouldn't be.

[quote name='joeshmoe']There really needs to be a way to make it so that there is one K-Mart thread for questions and one K-Mart thread for general info, this is ridiculous. I don't see why there wouldn't be.[/QUOTE]
I'd be like, "Why are there two threads? This is ridiculous!"

I have a question about LBP2 and ME2. If I buy LBP2, ME2, and another $60 game, will I get two 50% discounts or one?

Like:
ME2 (59.99) + LBP2 (30 due to half off from ME2) + Game 3 (30, half off due to LBP2).
or would it require a 4th game?
ME2 (59.99) + Game 3 (30, half off from ME2) + LBP2 (59.99) + Game 4 (30, half off due to LBP2)

[quote name='n45800']I have a question about LBP2 and ME2. If I buy LBP2, ME2, and another $60 game, will I get two 50% discounts or one?

Like:
ME2 (59.99) + LBP2 (30 due to half off from ME2) + Game 3 (30, half off due to LBP2).
ME2 (59.99) + Game 3 (30, half off from ME2) + LBP2 (59.99) + Game 4 (30, half off due to LBP2)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you would have to do 4 games to fully get the 50% deal.

Or just get ME2 and LBP2 and get each of them for $30

[quote name='n45800']I have a question about LBP2 and ME2. If I buy LBP2, ME2, and another $60 game, will I get two 50% discounts or one?

Like:
ME2 (59.99) + Game 3 (30, half off from ME2) + LBP2 (59.99) + Game 4 (30, half off due to LBP2)[/QUOTE]

You get 1 game 50% with the purchase of 1 full-priced game at $59.99. It's not buy 1, get all the rest 1/2 off.

Or just wait til the week after and get both for $75 with the ME2 sale.

I was at kmart yesterday and they had borderlands GOTY edition marked down to 19.99. I had 15 dollars off from when I bought WoW Cata so I got it for 5 bucks. I think they only ment regular borderlands for 19.99 because it rang up 39.99 and they had to get a manager to enter code to 19.99 but oh well. Cant beat borderlands and all its DLC for 5 bucks.

[quote name='AutoPilotOff']I was at kmart yesterday and they had borderlands GOTY edition marked down to 19.99. I had 15 dollars off from when I bought WoW Cata so I got it for 5 bucks. I think they only ment regular borderlands for 19.99 because it rang up 39.99 and they had to get a manager to enter code to 19.99 but oh well. Cant beat borderlands and all its DLC for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

My favorite game last year by far, and with all the DLC. Wow!

Epic Mickey was on sale for 19.99? I shoud've waited. Even with the $15 coupon (well really $10).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back