KOF:MI with Bonus Disc $9.99 at Meijer YMMV

c

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Yep, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact for PS2 with the Bonus DVD, marked as $30-50, is only $9.99 at Meijer (aka Fred Meijer, apparently). I also saw Lifeline or whatever (the PS2 game that uses the microphone) for the same price there.

Super-cheapasses might want to wait for the next potential BOGO 50% off sale... I personally couldn't wait.

I figured for my hundredth post, I would actually try to give something back to the awesome CAG community.

This was in the case or in the endcap? And which location? Nice find. I'd pick it up for $10 even though I've never played a KoF game.

[quote name='c']Yep, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact for PS2 with the Bonus DVD, marked as $30-50, is only $9.99 at Meijer (aka Fred Meijer, apparently). I also saw Lifeline or whatever (the PS2 game that uses the microphone) for the same price there.

Super-cheapasses might want to wait for the next potential BOGO 50% off sale... I personally couldn't wait.

I figured for my hundredth post, I would actually try to give something back to the awesome CAG community.[/QUOTE]

wait so is meijer the same thing as fred meyers? or is fred meijer referring to something completely different.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmmm.... only like a 66% at Gamerankings though... is this game underrated or something?[/QUOTE]

Being the first KOF 3D game it plays very diff of course, they got some lame alternate costumes also Terry gets a wolf mask. THe whole SS thing also feels weird. ALso MI has some elements which seem to make it friendly to button-mashers so it's also easy enough to bust out an impressive-looking combo simply by jamming on variious buttons. I picked it up for 18 a while back on KBtoys.com played it a couple of days and collected dust ever since...

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So everyone else that picked it up, it rang up at $10 or it was marked that? And it was in the case?[/QUOTE]

It was in the case, tagged $9.99, and rang up at $9.99.

-DM

I have to ask again OP - so, were you trying to say that Meijer and Fred Meyers are one in the same...? Cause if that was so, that would kick all kinds of ass! ^_^ But, something tells me that would be too good to be true...not to mention they almost NEVER have discount games.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I have to ask again OP - so, were you trying to say that Meijer and Fred Meyers are one in the same...? Cause if that was so, that would kick all kinds of ass! ^_^ But, something tells me that would be too good to be true...not to mention they almost NEVER have discount games.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I've been offline for a bit.

I've always assumed the two are the same. I worked for Meijer for a bit, and the training video said that the founder's name was Fred Meijer, so I was under the assumption that they were just two names for the same place. But you say it's actually spelled Fred Meyer, huh? I dunno, I guess I'd try giving them a call and asking if they're part of the same chain. Sorry, that was an assumption on my part.

To answer other questions, for me, it was marked $48.84, and it was in the "SUPER VALUE GAME DEAL$$$" endcap box stand things. The price-scanners (which I've never seen at any other Meijer) rang it up as $9.99, as did the checkout register. This was at the Meijer on the corner of Golf and Algonquin Rd in Illinois (city of Schaumburg or Algonquin, maybe? It was by Woodfield Mall. I think it's a new Meijer, because I'd never been there before.), and there were about four left.

I should also mention that the version without the Bonus DVD was available as well, also for $9.99. And, for the record, game sales at Meijer are very, very rare, unless they are total YMMV.

Ah damn! I was there last Tuesday (same exact Meijer) and I didn't see any Super Value Games. What exactly is the bonus dvd anyways?

[quote name='dp84']Ah damn! I was there last Tuesday (same exact Meijer) and I didn't see any Super Value Games. What exactly is the bonus dvd anyways?[/QUOTE]

The collector’s edition contains the following items:
The game

Game manual

Bonus DVD of the "making of" KOF MI - which includes developer and artist interviews, etc.

Bonus character manual containing each character's storyline and their list of fighting moves

[quote name='Vinny']There's no Meijer around me... Anyone wanna pick up a copy for me? Please?:D[/QUOTE]
I was just in a Meijer a few days ago and I actually picked this up, but I wasn't aware of the $9.99 price. They need to build a Meijer out here in Rockford...

I saw that deal when I was at Meojer over a week ago, but I already bought the game a while ago when Target dropped the price. I haven't been to Meijer in a while, to see if they still have it.

I'll put $15 In your paypal account right now.

Thats not much, but if you're going anyways to go get one....then making $3.00 for no work at all isnt too bad.

Plus I'll pay before you go, you can just refund me if it doesnt work out.

Send first class though. It's only $1.37 - Media Mail is 1.20 and I get the game 3 weeks later and all beat up.

Thanks for the deal OP. I was able to pick up a copy today. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, GameRush gives $25 credit for this game.

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']I was just in a Meijer a few days ago and I actually picked this up, but I wasn't aware of the $9.99 price. They need to build a Meijer out here in Rockford...[/QUOTE]

Nah... We got Hilander, Logis, and Woodmens. One of them just needs to carry games and do some good offers like Meijer's.:p

[quote name='shipwreck']Thanks for the deal OP. I was able to pick up a copy today. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, GameRush gives $25 credit for this game.[/QUOTE]

Damn you, now who's going to help out their fellow CAGs for cost + shipping? :evil: :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Damn you, now who's going to help out their fellow CAGs for cost + shipping? :evil: :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'll swing by a Meijer after work and see if I can pick up three or four copies... Anything left over, I can always give as a gift to someone. I'll be home around 12:30 AM, central time, with the results.

Thanks OP, I managed to pick up a copy. It's stickered $29.99, but scans at $9.99 just fine. Looked like they still had one or two more at least at the Georgesville Rd. Meijer in Columbus, OH, if anyone lives in that area.

[quote name='Kulock']Thanks OP, I managed to pick up a copy. It's stickered $29.99, but scans at $9.99 just fine. Looked like they still had one or two more at least at the Georgesville Rd. Meijer in Columbus, OH, if anyone lives in that area.[/QUOTE]

I live right by there. Maybe I'll swing by and see if I can help some people out.

anyone know of any online stores or other realtors with same or rleatively close prices to this? I have neither of those stores around here, and ever since this game's release I've been keeping an eye on it's price.

Okay, I have one that is currently unclaimed. I'd be willing to send it to a CAG for $17. This is the version with the bonus disc.

And it looks as though the Georgesville location is out of stock now.

[quote name='shipwreck']Okay, I have one that is currently unclaimed. I'd be willing to send it to a CAG for $17. This is the version with the bonus disc.

And it looks as though the Georgesville location is out of stock now.[/QUOTE]

PMing now ...

Still looking for one. Please? Anybody?

Max Impact is a rather shitty KoF game, but for $9.99 it's hard to pass up.

As for the hat I have enough of them that I took from the Gamestop I work at since we never sold any copies of the game.

[quote name='Sigma']Max Impact is a rather shitty KoF game, but for $9.99 it's hard to pass up.
[/QUOTE]

Dude... Nobody cares about the game... We just wanna see Mai in 3D.:D

Alright, I picked up three copies of the game. sblymnlcrymnl, PhrostByte, Vinny, MookyJooky, and EndlessChris get first dibs.

So now I need to ask, how are payments usually arranged for this kind of thing?

Anyway, PM me if you're interested. I also picked up a copy of Wild Arms 3 for $9.99. That's up for grabs, too.

I'm really short on money, so I'm really, really sorry if I'm tempted to go with whoever will pay the highest... Please understand that if I had more than $20 in my bank account, I wouldn't be this way.

Edit: The Meijer on Rt. 59 in Naperville no longer has any copies.

[quote name='c']Alright, I picked up three copies of the game. sblymnlcrymnl, PhrostByte, Vinny, MookyJooky, and EndlessChris get first dibs.

So now I need to ask, how are payments usually arranged for this kind of thing?

Anyway, PM me if you're interested. I also picked up a copy of Wild Arms 3 for $9.99. That's up for grabs, too.

I'm really short on money, so I'm really, really sorry if I'm tempted to go with whoever will pay the highest... Please understand that if I had more than $20 in my bank account, I wouldn't be this way.

Edit: The Weijer on Rt. 59 in Naperville no longer has any copies.[/QUOTE]

PM sent. :D

I just picked up the last two copies of KOF max impact at the Meijer in Jenison MI. I'm going to check out BB: Gamerush tomorrow to find out what I can get for them, with the primary mission being to try and trade them as new for full store credit, and seeing what their used value is if I can't pull that off. Should that turn out to be a bust I will likely stop back to sell them here.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']I just picked up the last two copies of KOF max impact at the Meijer in Jenison MI. I'm going to check out BB: Gamerush tomorrow to find out what I can get for them, with the primary mission being to try and trade them as new for full store credit, and seeing what their used value is if I can't pull that off. Should that turn out to be a bust I will likely stop back to sell them here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shipwreck']Thanks for the deal OP. I was able to pick up a copy today. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, GameRush gives $25 credit for this game.[/QUOTE]

Read the whole thread before you post, sometimes there's useful information hidden away. ;)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Read the whole thread before you post, sometimes there's useful information hidden away. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read that message which is why I am specifically going to Gamerush. My statement was in reference to how I could try to stack the games with GR's trade in bonuses.

Also, do you know if Gamerush will let you trade two copies of the same game at the same time?

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']Yes, I read that message which is why I am specifically going to Gamerush. My statement was in reference to how I could try to stack the games with GR's trade in bonuses.

Also, do you know if Gamerush will let you trade two copies of the same game at the same time?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can trade in two of the same title per day.

bread's done
Back