KOF XIII w 4 disc soundtrack 29.99 360/PS3 @ Amazon

Last KOF game I played was Capcom vs SNK 2. lol. It's been ages, but I liked Kyo, and Joe Higashi and them.

Is it a good story mode? or just a dry arcade mode? I know the online is garbage, not gonna be playing much Offline versus.

For me 20 would be a good purchase but the Soundtrack will probably be gone by then. Is it worth the extra 10? Convince me to pick this up!

The online is garbage right? There are like no KOF fans on my list, I have 4 different PSN accounts. I'll get it when its $15-$20

Dude, I grew up playing KOF games in the arcades in Taiwan haha.
98-2001 will always be my favorites. 2003 was cool too, liked the final bosses.
I don't even know the whole story with the new one.

capcom vs snk 2 was my last kof game too..love that game as well.
i love the story mode in this one. no voice acting but i'd rather have that than awful voice acting.. the art in the cut scenes is beautiful and after each match you have to make a decision of where to go/what to do based on 2 choices.

buy this game w/ soundtrack! you will not regret it. :lol:

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Last KOF game I played was Capcom vs SNK 2. lol. It's been ages, but I liked Kyo, and Joe Higashi and them.

Is it a good story mode? or just a dry arcade mode? I know the online is garbage, not gonna be playing much Offline versus.

For me 20 would be a good purchase but the Soundtrack will probably be gone by then. Is it worth the extra 10? Convince me to pick this up![/QUOTE]

if u get it for ps3 i will play with u online :D

[quote name='CaoPi']The online is garbage right? There are like no KOF fans on my list, I have 4 different PSN accounts. I'll get it when its $15-$20[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez'] pm of gamestop's sale but includes the soundtrack for those of u looking to pick it up. awesome awesome awesome game and soundtrack.

well done hand drawn/animated sprites and backgrounds will always trump 3-d models in my book.[/QUOTE]
GS probably has the soundtrack too still. Has a square sticker on it stating soundtrack. I have yet to see a copy without the soundtrack yet.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Last KOF game I played was Capcom vs SNK 2. lol. It's been ages, but I liked Kyo, and Joe Higashi and them.

For me 20 would be a good purchase but the Soundtrack will probably be gone by then. Is it worth the extra 10? Convince me to pick this up![/QUOTE]

Love me some CvS2. The story is alright. Has different paths depending on characters and (if I recall) ending with certain moves? Or something. Arcade is pretty much the same as any fighting game. Online isn't too bad. Lot better with the patch from what I hear. Only thing is probably not a bunch of people playing it like other fighting games. As long as you fight someone with high bars, you should be good.

I think its worth it. Good game. Soundtrack is nice and good if you like to collect. It's hard to sell it cause I'm a huge SNK fan, but I say do it.

i grew up playing them in arcades as well..98 is probably my fav due to nostalgia, but xiii is really amazing- theres a demo on psn if u wanna try it out. lol since you like the old games u should be buying this since the 4 disc soundtrack covers music from kof 94 all the way to xiii.

[quote name='redmangoose']Dude, I grew up playing KOF games in the arcades in Taiwan haha.
98-2001 will always be my favorites. 2003 was cool too, liked the final bosses.
I don't even know the whole story with the new one.[/QUOTE]

i was at gs today and only saw ones w/out soundtrack -no soundtrack sticker- so i figured people might wanna get in on amazon's guaranteed soundtrack.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']GS probably has the soundtrack too still. Has a square sticker on it stating soundtrack. I have yet to see a copy without the soundtrack yet.

Love me some CvS2. The story is alright. Has different paths depending on characters and (if I recall) ending with certain moves? Or something. Arcade is pretty much the same as any fighting game. Online isn't too bad. Lot better with the patch from what I hear. Only thing is probably not a bunch of people playing it like other fighting games. As long as you fight someone with high bars, you should be good.

I think its worth it. Good game. Soundtrack is nice and good if you like to collect. It's hard to sell it cause I'm a huge SNK fan, but I say do it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Last KOF game I played was Capcom vs SNK 2. [/QUOTE]

No offense but CvS2 isn't a KOF game at all, it's made by Capcom, not SNK and is completely different.

That being said I think CvS2 was a lot better game than any KoF and I wish Capcom would make CvS3.

[quote name='roymustang']No offense but CvS2 isn't a KOF game at all, it's made by Capcom, not SNK and is completely different.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure its because CvS2 has kof characters and is fought in a kof style...

[quote name='technicalstylez']i was at gs today and only saw ones w/out soundtrack -no soundtrack sticker- so i figured people might wanna get in on amazon's guaranteed soundtrack.[/QUOTE]
Yeah? I see. Didn't know they made them without soundtrack yet. Frys and GS around me always has the soundtrack. Really don't think they move fast enough to get prints without them.

[quote name='roymustang']No offense but CvS2 isn't a KOF game at all, it's made by Capcom, not SNK and is completely different.[/QUOTE]

Haha I was gonna say something, but didn't want to be that guy.

[quote name='roymustang']No offense but CvS2 isn't a KOF game at all, it's made by Capcom, not SNK and is completely different.

That being said I think CvS2 was a lot better game than any KoF and I wish Capcom would make CvS3.[/QUOTE]

I know that, I meant like game, or at least had KoF characters :p

I didn't care much for SvC Chaos, but then didnt play it much. It'd be more for nostalgia getting to play these characters again, but we'll see, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger here.

[quote name='technicalstylez']pretty sure its because CvS2 has kof characters and is fought in a kof style...[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's fought in a KoF style to be honest. Maybe CvS1 since it used a 4 button layout. I don't really count the team aspect of it though. CvS2 to me made it more of a Street Fighter feel than part 1. Still good.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']I don't think it's fought in a KoF style to be honest. Maybe CvS1 since it used a 4 button layout. I don't really count the team aspect of it though. CvS2 to me made it more of a Street Fighter feel than part 1. Still good.[/QUOTE]

By KoF style, I'm sure we're referring to the 3 vs 3 format, KoF style, on to the next person, unless you did like two level 2's, or a 3 and a 1.

Man, thinking about CvS makes me miss it so much. What the Hell Capcom/SNK, get this on PSN and XBLA now! xD

I still play 2003 with the Korean guys in my office. You guys like 98? I grew up playing 97, and during grad school days tried some rounds with XI in the arcades for at that time all the kids were playing it.

serious! i found a complete CvS2 for ps2 at gs for 13 bucks and was sooooo excited, til i asked to see the disc and... :cry:

[quote name='aaronrodgers']
Man, thinking about CvS makes me miss it so much. What the Hell Capcom/SNK, get this on PSN and XBLA now! xD[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aaronrodgers']By KoF style, I'm sure we're referring to the 3 vs 3 format, KoF style, on to the next person, unless you did like two level 2's, or a 3 and a 1.

Man, thinking about CvS makes me miss it so much. What the Hell Capcom/SNK, get this on PSN and XBLA now! xD[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think differently is why. I go by like actual gameplay cause the whole team format I see like just playing 1 on 1 with preset character without loading (if that makes sense). Usually in that game I go team of 2.

And wish they make a new one. Same for SNK side cause I actually loved SVC Chaos (minus the glitches). I remember Seth Killian talking about bringing CvS2 to online console. Said it would take a lot of work with license and all that crap. Probably won't see that for awhile if ever. This was awhile ago too.

[quote name='butternuts']so does this mean that they are going to price match mortal kombat i wonder[/QUOTE]

probably not because mk komplete is a PUR membership discount, not a standard sale price.

[quote name='technicalstylez']serious! i found a complete CvS2 for ps2 at gs for 13 bucks and was sooooo excited, til i asked to see the disc and... :cry:[/QUOTE]

No way dude, CvS1/2 is meant to be played on the Dreamcast! Millionaire Fighting 2001! xD

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']And wish they make a new one. Same for SNK side cause I actually loved SVC Chaos (minus the glitches). I remember Seth Killian talking about bringing CvS2 to online console. Said it would take a lot of work with license and all that crap. Probably won't see that for awhile if ever. This was awhile ago too.[/QUOTE]

I only played Chaos once or twice. I know Zero is in it, which is cool even if he sounds more broken than he is in UMvC3. xD

Also, so many different companies for licensing yes, but it would be so sick with an HD upgrade. *drools*

Okay, guys, I'm buying the game. Thanks. xD

[quote name='TooPoor']I still play 2003 with the Korean guys in my office. You guys like 98? I grew up playing 97, and during grad school days tried some rounds with XI in the arcades for at that time all the kids were playing it.[/QUOTE]
2003 was good, but Xi was amazing (to me). Been playing since 94 (since everybody is putting initial game they played).

[quote name='technicalstylez']serious! i found a complete CvS2 for ps2 at gs for 13 bucks and was sooooo excited, til i asked to see the disc and... :cry:[/QUOTE]

I know how that is. Wish I had an extra copy to hook you up.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']2003 was good, but Xi was amazing (to me). Been playing since 94 (since everybody is putting initial game they played).

I know how that is. Wish I had an extra copy to hook you up.[/QUOTE]
Growing up in a strict family my mom would whoop my ass if I went to the arcade, so missed out on the 94, 95 years. Only when I got better at lying did I have chance to slip to arcades for 96 XD.

I agree XI is amazing, I can't find a emulator anywhere so I can play with my office mates though, that's why we are stuck with 97 and 03.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']No way dude, CvS1/2 is meant to be played on the Dreamcast! Millionaire Fighting 2001! xD

I only played Chaos once or twice. I know Zero is in it, which is cool even if he sounds more broken than he is in UMvC3. xD

Also, so many different companies for licensing yes, but it would be so sick with an HD upgrade. *drools*

Okay, guys, I'm buying the game. Thanks. xD[/QUOTE]
Never got a chance to Import CvS1/2 during those days. Wish I could. Made the mistake of buying CvS1 on PS1 :p Chaos people seem to hate. I loved the fact that characters had moves spanning from new to old. Hit detection can be annoying. Happy to hear you're planning on buying it! Needs the support.

[quote name='TooPoor']Growing up in a strict family my mom would whoop my ass if I went to the arcade, so missed out on the 94, 95 years. Only when I got better at lying did I have chance to slip to arcades for 96 XD.

I agree XI is amazing, I can't find a emulator anywhere so I can play with my office mates though, that's why we are stuck with 97 and 03.[/QUOTE]
I think I got lucky cause I would go to Taco Shops to get food for everyone and they would have KoF games and other Neogeo games. Would play a lot and tell them they were busy so took too long.

EDIT: Have you guys thought about grabbing a PS2 and getting Xi for it? Not sure where you are from but the US and JPN versions are solid ports. I hear UK one was bad though.

lol i already have Cv2 1 and 2 on dreamcast. i wanted it on ps2 so i could use my fightstick lol

[quote name='aaronrodgers']No way dude, CvS1/2 is meant to be played on the Dreamcast! Millionaire Fighting 2001! xD

Okay, guys, I'm buying the game. Thanks. xD[/QUOTE]

i started with 94 as well, but 98 is my all time fav.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']2003 was good, but Xi was amazing (to me). Been playing since 94 (since everybody is putting initial game they played).

I know how that is. Wish I had an extra copy to hook you up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']I have the JP XI on PS2, but my fat PS3 broke.[/QUOTE]

That makes me sad. Is emulation for Xi even possible? Since it's using a different engine? I feel like playing some XI now. I wish I had people to play with though. You're lucky you have coworkers to play it with.

EDIT: 98 is probably my fav. XI is up there. It's hard cause I like ti all! 2001 is probably my worse with 97 somewhere near.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']That makes me sad. Is emulation for Xi even possible? Since it's using a different engine? I feel like playing some XI now. I wish I had people to play with though. You're lucky you have coworkers to play it with.

EDIT: 98 is probably my fav. XI is up there. It's hard cause I like ti all! 2001 is probably my worse with 97 somewhere near.[/QUOTE]
I think your only option is MUGEN now for XI, there are some that come very close to XI.

if u got xiii for ps3 im down to play with you. kof xi is like 10 bucks new on ebay. i had it before but didnt get as into it for some reason. loving xiii though.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']That makes me sad. Is emulation for Xi even possible? Since it's using a different engine? I feel like playing some XI now. I wish I had people to play with though. You're lucky you have coworkers to play it with.

EDIT: 98 is probably my fav. XI is up there. It's hard cause I like ti all! 2001 is probably my worse with 97 somewhere near.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']I think your only option is MUGEN now for XI, there are some that come very close to XI.[/QUOTE]
I see. I'm not interested in it. Just wasn't sure since it was using Taito engine or whatever. MUGEN was fun though just adding random stuff.

[quote name='technicalstylez']if u got xiii for ps3 im down to play with you. kof xi is like 10 bucks new on ebay. i had it before but didnt get as into it for some reason. loving xiii though.[/QUOTE]

I actually have XIII for PS3. Bought it day one. Only thing is I don't really play online unless I go to a friend's house cause....I'm leeching right now lol. Good enough to browse but not play online.

Picked up a copy, thanks CAG, been wanting to get into this series and was thinking about pickingthis up at Gamestop, but $30 there for an unsealed and no bonus OST copy, wasn't enough to convince me to get it.

Plus I had some Amazon credit to kill

Glad to read there are a lot of cvs2 fans. Although sf4 and the other new fighting games are good, cvs2 was the epitome of a balanced fighting game. The hours I poured into P groove...I'd use king, terry and guile. I'm about to whip out my ps2 version and rock it soon. I want kof 13 but 30 is still too much since I have no interest in the sound track. That's something that'll just lay around for no reason. I can wait till 10-15. Thanks anyway.

I've never played a KoF game, but I have a sealed copy of XI in the PS2 collection. I seem to be more interested in fighters lately, so I guess I can give XIII a shot.

I just need them to put the 3 DLC characters on sale. No way im paying 5 bucks per character.

FYI my copy from Gamestop also came with the soundtrack. Was it not supposed to?

Interesting...and with the soundtrack too! :)

Actually, this is something to think about because I have never played ANY KoF game (and practically few other fighter games). I have played Tales series games and love that style of combat...bah, choices. Everybody tells me to start with the older ones because they are so awesome and it seems to be the same here.

Online means nothing to me so it seems like this game is a good fit, but I would have to juggle SC2, GGX2, BlazBlue CS, and Dissidia (I don't know why I bought that) and a DoA game in the future...bah, choices. :cry:

[quote name='phillip969']I just need them to put the 3 DLC characters on sale. No way im paying 5 bucks per character.

FYI my copy from Gamestop also came with the soundtrack. Was it not supposed to?[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last new copy of KOF XIII for 360 at my local GS, not gutted and with the soundtrack cds. All new copies of this game do come with the soundtrack cds, but it would be easy for any employee to remove them since the game itself is also shrinkwrapped. Ordered a PS3 version from Amazon as well, to support SNKP.

I wish SNKP would produce updated versions of Samurai Shodown (not like the SS Sen garbage) and Metal Slug; these are long overdue for new console releases.

[quote name='62t']I would think PS2 emulator can run XI[/QUOTE]
Hmm, true. Might be workable for TooPoor.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Glad to read there are a lot of cvs2 fans. Although sf4 and the other new fighting games are good, cvs2 was the epitome of a balanced fighting game. The hours I poured into P groove...I'd use king, terry and guile. I'm about to whip out my ps2 version and rock it soon. I want kof 13 but 30 is still too much since I have no interest in the sound track. That's something that'll just lay around for no reason. I can wait till 10-15. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]
30 is great price for the game alone. I feel it's much better than SF4 which I hated. This is opinion though.

[quote name='phillip969']I just need them to put the 3 DLC characters on sale. No way im paying 5 bucks per character.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously! I only have NEST Kyo cause PS3 had it for sale cause of the delay. I really want Iori with flames.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i grew up playing them in arcades as well..98 is probably my fav due to nostalgia, but xiii is really amazing- theres a demo on psn if u wanna try it out. lol since you like the old games u should be buying this since the 4 disc soundtrack covers music from kof 94 all the way to xiii.[/QUOTE]

Thanks tech i'll try out the demo soon.

I've never been a huge SNK guy, but I picked this up from GS yesterday (with soundtrack) and I love it so far! The hi-res 2D sprites are gorgeous, to say nothing of the extremely detailed backgrounds. And the gameplay is a blast. Very good buy, and well worth $30 imo.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Never got a chance to Import CvS1/2 during those days. Wish I could. Made the mistake of buying CvS1 on PS1 :p Chaos people seem to hate. I loved the fact that characters had moves spanning from new to old. Hit detection can be annoying. Happy to hear you're planning on buying it! Needs the support.

I think I got lucky cause I would go to Taco Shops to get food for everyone and they would have KoF games and other Neogeo games. Would play a lot and tell them they were busy so took too long.

EDIT: Have you guys thought about grabbing a PS2 and getting Xi for it? Not sure where you are from but the US and JPN versions are solid ports. I hear UK one was bad though.[/QUOTE]

lol my mom would give me lunch money for my library studies and i would run across the street to the local comic shop and use up all of my money on Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct on a hungry stomach.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']30 is great price for the game alone. I feel it's much better than SF4 which I hated. This is opinion though.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about vanilla SF4? Because I hated it too and loved SSF4. You should try it if that's the case.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but in some ways, KOFXII is better than XIII. The Critical Counter feature is like parrying in SF3: Third Strike but more lenient with timing, deadlocks made battles more fun, and guard attacks were another handy defensive option available to you. Couple that with the smaller (but not small) character roster and moves lists, and I think XII is a great jumping in point for those new to the series.

It's also brave enough to completely redesign some of their iconic characters and remove boss battles. (Seriously, why are they still in fighting games? They come from an era when games were designed to suck as many quarters from you as possible.)

FYI, XIII is now available for Android. Seems to be the same as the iOS version.

Well, if you haven't followed the story from 2003-xi, you'll be pretty confuse if you play the story mode, but its followable.

The gameplay is nothing like CVS-2, its way better. Theres a tutorial mode in the game that teaches you how to play the new mechanics of the game...
you just need to picked up....and the soundtrack comes with the game so it won't ran-out

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you talking about vanilla SF4? Because I hated it too and loved SSF4. You should try it if that's the case.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but in some ways, KOFXII is better than XIII. The Critical Counter feature is like parrying in SF3: Third Strike but more lenient with timing, deadlocks made battles more fun, and guard attacks were another handy defensive option available to you. Couple that with the smaller (but not small) character roster and moves lists, and I think XII is a great jumping in point for those new to the series.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I hated Vanilla SF4. Played a little of SSF4 cause my friend owned it and it seemed to fix a lot of the problems I had with SF4 for the most part. Enjoyed it a lot more that time around I can say. Never bought it cause of the price and now that the price is cheap, I rather probably get AE version.

And I liked some of the features in XII. One thing I hated was the zoom in aspect. Felt very Art of Fighting. I don't think it deserved the hate it got. I felt most of the hate was lack of characters. Can't blame them since it was a whole new change for the series.

personally, i enjoy the boss battles because "they come from an era when games were designed to suck as many quarters from you as possible). its nostalgia for myself and others who grew up in arcades, corners of 7-11's next to the atm, taco shops, bowling alleys, etc.

[quote name='whitereflection']
It's also brave enough to completely redesign some of their iconic characters and remove boss battles. (Seriously, why are they still in fighting games? They come from an era when games were designed to suck as many quarters from you as possible.)

FYI, XIII is now available for Android. Seems to be the same as the iOS version.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back