Kohls.com blackfriday begins Tues extra 15% off code plus Kohls Cash = cheap systems

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
OK these deals only work for you if your a Kohls shopper and plan on returning to buy more later.  Kohls black Friday sale starts online Tuesday.  If you use code TURKEYDAY15 you get a additional 15% off your purchase.  On top of that you'll receive 15 dollars in Kohls cash for every 50.00 you spend.  If you subtract the extra discount and Kohls cash you can get some pretty decent deals.

Examples from page 5 of the Kohls BF ad.

Xbox 360 4gb  139.99 -15% (21.00) - 30 Kohls cash = 89.99

Nintendo 3DS w/ Paper Mario 149.99 - 15% (22.50)- 30 Kohls Cash = 97.50

Games will be 30% off plus the extra 15%

Game chair 39.99 and use the extra 15%

The Key is to hit the Kohls cash bonuses to get the most bang for your buck.. Lots of electronic and TV deals too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find any actual systems on Kohl's website. Am I missing something? Or is the assumption that they'll be added to the site by the time the sale begins? 

The games are hit and miss depending what you might be looking for, for example though almost all the 3ds games are 26.99 so minus the discounts you can get each one (assuming you buy 3) for around 11.00 dollars. Perfect price for kids gifts..

I wonder what color system this will be ? I don't shop at Kohls much, but is Kohls cash basically like store credit or giftcards to use for store merchandise ?

OK these deals only work for you if your a Kohls shopper and plan on returning to buy more later. Kohls black Friday sale starts online Tuesday. If you use code TURKEYDAY15 you get a additional 15% off your purchase. On top of that you'll receive 15 dollars in Kohls cash for every 50.00 you spend. If you subtract the extra discount and Kohls cash you can get some pretty decent deals.

Examples from page 5 of the Kohls BF ad.

Xbox 360 4gb 139.99 -15% (21.00) - 30 Kohls cash = 89.99

Nintendo 3DS w/ Paper Mario 149.99 - 15% (22.50)- 30 Kohls Cash = 97.50

Games will be 30% off plus the extra 15%

Game chair 39.99 and use the extra 15%

The Key is to hit the Kohls cash bonuses to get the most bang for your buck.. Lots of electronic and TV deals too.
So they start TOMORROW Or NEXT TUESDAY

I wonder what color system this will be ? I don't shop at Kohls much, but is Kohls cash basically like store credit or giftcards to use for store merchandise ?
Kohl's cash is good for a certain period of time. So you can't use it right away. Anything earned from the 26th to the 1st will be redeemable from 12/2 to the 9th I believe. It is applied before any % off discounts. If you earned $40 in KC, for instance, and pick up $50 in merchandise when you go to redeem it, you will pay $10 OOP, but if you have a 15% coupon, you'll get 15% off the remaining $10. You also have a $2 leeway. So you spend $48/98/148/etc., you will still earn KC. You can buy anything but gift cards and Kohl's Cares charity items and can be used online or instore. It arrives in a separate email from your order about 1-2 days afterward.

If you return merchandise that drops you below the threshold (say, spent $100, earned $30 KC and return $15 item), you will lose the corresponding amount of Kohl's Cash. (Normally it's $10, but for BF, you earn $15). So that $15 item you returned costs you $15 in Kohl's Cash, but you will still have $15 from spending $50. So in this example, it's almost stupid to return that item. You can exchange it for an item of equal retail value and keep your Kohl's Cash.

Really neat to see Kohl's carry more electronics.

**Some discounts may not apply to certain electronics brands.  

You sure that 15% off is going to apply?

Wait....aren't the game systems in-store ONLY? The title on top of page 5 from the black Friday ad says, "NEW in store only!". Can you use the 15% code in store? Or us it strictly online only? I hope these systems are online too. :/

You only get 1 week to spend the bonus $15's: Dec 2nd-9th (see top right of front page of the ad). I love going there when I have free money from them, but they charge higher than MSRP on just about everything.  Their clearance is usually a good deal even without coupons.

Anyone who gets their flyers in the mail got a 15% off card along with the free $10 card.

You only get 1 week to spend the bonus $15's: Dec 2nd-9th (see top right of front page of the ad). I love going there when I have free money from them, but they charge higher than MSRP on just about everything. Their clearance is usually a good deal even without coupons.

Anyone who gets their flyers in the mail got a 15% off card along with the free $10 card.
Thanks for the info! If I don't get their flyers, is there a way to obtain the 15% coupon?

Oh, you now what, I think it was one of their "save an extra 15% when you use your Kohl's card" coupons.  If you don't already have one and you don't have guttertrash credit, it takes about 30 seconds to sign up for one in-store.  They'll give you the 15% off when you sign up and make your first purchase. (sign up while buying your 3DS)

The big takeaway for this deal: Don't consider the $30 Kohl's cash as anything close to real money unless you're an avid and frequent Kohl's shopper. 

Oh, you now what, I think it was one of their "save an extra 15% when you use your Kohl's card" coupons. If you don't already have one and you don't have guttertrash credit, it takes about 30 seconds to sign up for one in-store. They'll give you the 15% off when you sign up and make your first purchase. (sign up while buying your 3DS)

The big takeaway for this deal: Don't consider the $30 Kohl's cash as anything close to real money unless you're an avid and frequent Kohl's shopper.
Oh, I see! Is the Kohl's card a credit card or a card to accumulate points and watnot? If it's a credit card....ehhhh, I kind of don't want to sign up for a credit card I won't even use.
I'm going to Kohls just for the $2.99 Charlie St Cloud Blu-Ray.
Great choice, that movie was pretty good. :3

Haven't noticed any consoles coming into my store yet, but I'll keep an eye out. The game selection is a bit better this year (I noticed Arkham City and NCAA 13 or 14, but really didn't look any further) but the prices are almost certainly going to be better anywhere else.

**Some discounts may not apply to certain electronics brands.

You sure that 15% off is going to apply?
I know the Beats and Monster headphones are not eligible for % off discounts. There were some other brands but I'm way too tired to remember which, its probably mentioned on the website somewhere.

EDIT: found it

Exclusions

Some discounts may not apply to select electronic brands (see below). Please see the terms and conditions on the particular Kohl's offer for details. Kohl's Cash coupons and Kohl's Rewards certificates may still be earned and redeemed on these select electronics.​
Beats
LG
Monster
Philips
SOL REPUBLIC
Sony
Toshiba​

They recently added some new titles online - nothing mindblowing but I did see Dark Souls for 360 there for $20 or so before their discounts.

Sorting by "new arrivals" seems to work the best to see stuff that isn't from 2006.

http://www.kohls.com/catalog/video-games-video-games-consoles-electronics.jsp?CN=4294719011+4294713538+4294719631&S=2

Here's what i was able to find that isn't shovelware or kids junk or based on a cartoon show. These should come out to around $10 brand new with the right discounts. Nice deal if you want them new and sealed.

LA Noir

Hitman Absolution
GTA4

Halo Wars

Halo 3 ODST

Gears of War 1,2,3

Final Fantasy 13-2

Fallout 3 GOTY

Fable 3

Deux Ex HR

Dead Space 2

Dead Rising 2

Dead Island

Dark Souls

Crysis 2

Call of Duty 4, World at war

Borderlands

Bioshock 2

Assassin's Creed Revelations, 2, Brotherhood

SSX

Street Fighter X Tekken

Singularity

Sonic Generations

Skate 3

Rayman Origins

Saints Row 2

Resident Evil 5

Red Dead Redemption, Undead nightmare

Portal 2

Oblivion GOTY

Mortal Kombat + Vita

Minecraft

Mass Effect 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Sonic's Genesis Collection

Sonic Colors

Last edited:
Wait....aren't the game systems in-store ONLY? The title on top of page 5 from the black Friday ad says, "NEW in store only!". Can you use the 15% code in store? Or us it strictly online only? I hope these systems are online too. :/
This. Unless they add the consoles to the website next week, it won't be possible to get the 15% online discount, thus killing the deal.

Their online Black Friday deals are worth looking at, in spite of most of the selection being a joke. Games go for 30% off plus then you can use coupon codes to make it more like half off.

You can use coupons in store. Just tell the cashier you have a 15% off coupon. Also if you use the in store kiosk you can find items sold out I'm store. Kiosk has no mimimum purchase for free shipping and accepts coupon codes

You can use coupons in store. Just tell the cashier you have a 15% off coupon. Also if you use the in store kiosk you can find items sold out I'm store. Kiosk has no mimimum purchase for free shipping and accepts coupon codes
I thought the 15% off purchase discount was a code(TURKEYDAY15), not a coupon? Can you use codes in-store, or is that a no go?

So we ended up with about 15 of the 42" LG tvs, 44 of the 32" Apex tvs, and 22 xboxes.  I assume the 3DS bundles were sealed on a pallet somewhere as I didn't see any.  We were supposed to get around 4 of the LG, so I don't know if we just got an extra shipment over other stores or everyone got that many.

As for anyone trying to use a coupon code to save some money on an xbox or 3DS, they added them to the exemption list so % based discounts will not work on them now.

In case anyone does want to get in on the non gaming related deals at Kohls right now, Coupon 20FORU, nets 20% off (works on games as well but not that great of deals as has been said).  (DEAD FOR NON KOHLS CHARGE) I'm happy with the crap ton of work clothes and kitchen set I just got for under $200, the $45 Kohls cash aint too shabby either

bread's done
Back