Konami making Arcade Stick w/ Touch Pad (?!)

Blaine

CAGiversary!
Konami is porting Otomedius to the 360 - which is an arcade shmup with a touch screen monitor.

After looking around today I found this:

pro_img.jpg

a bigger version here:

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/otome_ct/index.html

Play asia seems to have them pre-order for $350.

So what do you guys think? Am I jumping the gun here or does that flat black area to the right strike anyone else as a touch pad interface? Maybe the second control stick?

Good arcade sticks are expensive, but more like $200 tops - for that much, there's got to be something going on.

Anyone read Japanese?

considering that the black square has a grid on it, I would lean towards it to being a touch pad.

Though I really want to play this, now way I'm I going to drop $350 on a stick. especially something with that limited of a layout

If it had a SF button layout, I might try it if excellent reviews are awarded. But one game for $350 with no further use? No thanks.

Oh, and it's only for 360. I guess I am out anyway...

I hate playing any sort of game on my macbook with the touchpad. I can't see any reason why i would want it on my arcade stick.

A good joystick needs 7 convex buttons (2x3 for SF/MvC2... and 1 below offset for soul caliber) and solid competition joystick. HAPP has really good parts for anyone that enjoys buildings things. you can find a hundreds of DYI instructions to make your own joystick.

I still need to get a japanese system so I can play this, Battle Fantasia, Guilty Gear 2 (Yes I know it comes here later), iDOLM@STER (don't laugh), and of course Raiden Fighters Aces, along with some others...

I do love the Neo Geo layout on the joystick tho.

^^ first day spamming? Not a good look for this site. All of your replies have been random bumps to older topics... what gives?

[quote name='MarkMan']^^ first day spamming? Not a good look for this site. All of your replies have been random bumps to older topics... what gives?[/quote]

Who?

bread's done
Back