Konami's 1992 X-Men the Arcade Game - PSN or XBL?

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!
Saw this at another board and was wondering too.

x-men-arcade.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Anyone remember playing this game over 15 years ago?

What are the chance of this heading to Sony's PSN Store or Microsoft's XBL Marketplace?

I mead they ported over a lot of the 90's arcade games from T.M.N.T., Final Fight, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat.

What's taking this game so long?

Is there a petition?

Besides Street Fighter 2, and TMNT, I actually spent gawd knows how much quarter on this game during my childhood. I loved the fact that over 6 players can play at the same time (yes 6 players).

I would gladly buy it as a DLC Arcade.

Do it Konami!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably cause of licensing issues... Who has Marvel licensing nowadays? Not Konami, not Activision...

I loved this game too, but WHY DAZZLER of all people.

[quote name='elessar123']Probably cause of licensing issues... Who has Marvel licensing nowadays? Not Konami, not Activision...

I loved this game too, but WHY DAZZLER of all people.[/QUOTE]

Disney! :)

I loved this game too, but like some of the other brawlers that made their way to PSN/XBLA, they're just not quite as fun as they used to be IMO. These arcade games were more of a social event, when you take that away they're just kinda short and cheap

Since Konami hasn't had a Marvel license in years and probably won't for a long time, if ever; the correct answer is MAME!

Over the years I probably spent enough in quarters to probably buy one of these arcade cabinets today.

I'm almost positive Capcom reclaimed the Marvel rights hence Marvel vs Capcom 3. With that said I'm not 100% sure how these licensing deals work out, does that mean they control everything under the Marvel umbrella? It's a bit confusing since Sega is doing the Thor Movie video game, THQ is doing the Marvel Superhero Squad games, and the new Spidey Shattered Dimensions is Activision, so it's all over the place. At this moment in time I'd say it's unlikely, but MvC3 proves dreams can come true. Anyways a 6-Player port of X-Men arcade would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chances of happening? 0%

Chances of me buying it if happened (and was the superior 6-player version, not the 4-player version)? 100%

TMNT and Castle Crashers were two of the most popular games on XBL, so you'd think they'd try, but nope.

Licensing is a funky thing; just because they have the license to do MvC3 doesn't mean they'll have the license to do Xmen. It's on a case-by-case basis.

I'm surprised they didn't try to get the Simpsons arcade game out when the movie came out. They pulled some strings with UBISOFT to get the TMNT arcade out when the movie came out, you'd think they could do the same with Simpsons.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm still waiting for this and the Simpsons Arcade game to be released.[/QUOTE]

Oh man if both of those came out i'd be so happy for the 10 minutes I could play them, then get bored after 2 playthroughs. :( Nostalgia!

bread's done
Back