KontrolFreek 15% off with code "SPRING"

180husher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I got an email from the people at KontrolFreeks that included a code--SPRING--for 15% off orders through their site through 4/22/10:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

I can vouch for the FPSFreeks, but haven't tried the SpeedFreeks. I put a FPSFreeks on my "look" sticks and now I can't play without them. They simply lengthen the stick, making it easier to make smaller more precise movements.

I've been interested in these for a while. . .

Total for me is $12.44 after shipping and the coupon factored in. Seems steep for such a simple product.

[quote name='BloodAC']I've been interested in these for a while. . .

Total for me is $12.44 after shipping and the coupon factored in. Seems steep for such a simple product.[/QUOTE]

You should get some friends interested and buy in bulk.

Anyway, the KontrolFreek does make a difference as far as the feel goes. After using the product and then using the controller the regular way, the sticks feel stiff and harder to move.

That is a real difference, whether or not it will translate into better gaming is going to be up to the individual.

Personally, I bought 2 (for 360 and ps3) and I have dedicated controllers that I keep them on so that I won't have to worry about losing them.

Yeah these are awesome. I can't see myself playing another FPS without them. I bought 2 pairs for myself and another 2 pairs for my little cousins. Both mine and my cousins skills increased in both COD:MW and Halo games.. ;-)

Highly recommended..

Buy these I got a pair 2 weeks ago and haven't looked back,they clamp on hard and can be tricky to remove but your aren't gonna want to take them off, you should probably buy two pair if you game if with friends as these are practically a Cheat unto themselves I wouldn't be making it through Borderlands without these.

I have been using one of the FPS freeks on my right analog stick (aiming) for probably 5 months or so now. (xbox 360) I don't like playing FPS games without one now, and I leave it on for all non-fps games anyways. It felt awkward and unneeded on the left stick for me, though, so a two pack more than covered what I needed.

Anyways, add another thumbs up review for these.

Interested in getting this since I read another poster mention Borderlands, which I just purchased. Stupid question, but for $9.99 you get one of those things for each analog stick right? I just keep reading all this "I bought one for my right analog stick" stuff and don't want to end up finding out I needed two and just bought one. Sounds great according to the reviews, anyway, I totally suck crap through a swizzle straw at first-person shooters.

I don't know, but in past threads people said the SpeedFreeks were a waste of money. I'm still a little curious about trying it, though. Not sure if I'm curious enough about it to actually spend any money on them, though.

EDIT: what the heck. I threw caution to the wind and ordered the combo pack. $19.24 shipped.

Anybody that tries the FPS Freeks and doesn't like them, I have a pair of SpeedFreeks from a combo that I bought last year if you want to trade . I used one for playing DiRT, haven't played any racing games since.

Are there seperate ones for the right and left sticks? It seems most people only use them on the right sticks for aiming so if you would buy one set could you use them on two controllers if you were only using them on the one stick?

[quote name='ajh2298']Are there seperate ones for the right and left sticks? It seems most people only use them on the right sticks for aiming so if you would buy one set could you use them on two controllers if you were only using them on the one stick?[/QUOTE]

Yup you got it. just buy one pack which includes two.. and put one on each right analog stick..

I'm still trying to get the feel for it.. I've had them on for about a week now..

I've had the FPS sticks for a few months now. It took a day or 2 but I definitely noticed a difference in aiming once I got used to them. I compared playing with and without the sticks and without the sticks controls seemed slower and it was difficult to aim correctly. Its now tough to play FPS games without them.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know, but in past threads people said the SpeedFreeks were a waste of money. I'm still a little curious about trying it, though. Not sure if I'm curious enough about it to actually spend any money on them, though.

EDIT: what the heck. I threw caution to the wind and ordered the combo pack. $19.24 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Curiosity got to me last year as well and I ordered the combo pack. COLOSSAL WASTE of money.

Stick with just the FPS Freaks. Like everyone else says, once you get used to it, there's no going back to the standard controller. They work. You never realize how stiff the standard analogs are until you use the FPS Freaks.

What do you all mean when you say that the original sticks are stiff? I like the strong resistance of the 360 controller sticks, so is this not a product for me?

Also, with the height that the FPS Freek adds, I wonder how unnatural the thumb feels at the higher angle. Have any of you experienced soreness/pain in your hands after extensive use?

[quote name='rapsodist']What do you all mean when you say that the original sticks are stiff? I like the strong resistance of the 360 controller sticks, so is this not a product for me?

Also, with the height that the FPS Freek adds, I wonder how unnatural the thumb feels at the higher angle. Have any of you experienced soreness/pain in your hands after extensive use?[/QUOTE]

No pain, no soreness. It only feels weird the first day or two of use, after that, not having them feels more weird. I bring my own controller whenever I go to my brother's house because I hate using his Freek-less controllers.

They don't change the stiffness/resistance of the analog sticks on the controller...they simply make it easier to make small aiming adjustments.

You get two in a pack, but since the left stick is for movement you really don't need to use one on it. I'm either running or camping, and I'm sure as hell ain't just walking when I play MW2.

[quote name='yarkitty123']Stupid question, but for $9.99 you get one of those things for each analog stick right? I just keep reading all this "I bought one for my right analog stick" stuff and don't want to end up finding out I needed two and just bought one.[/QUOTE]
it's not a stupid question. some people only use the right one, because it helps with aiming and you aim with the right analog stick...

i've been using the FPS ones for months, and i don't only use them for FPS games, i use them for every game. i just personally like them better because i find them more comfortable than a controller without them. and it does help with aiming, but to benefit the most from them you really need to increase the controller sensitivity of the game you're playing...

[quote name='rapsodist']What do you all mean when you say that the original sticks are stiff? I like the strong resistance of the 360 controller sticks, so is this not a product for me?

Also, with the height that the FPS Freek adds, I wonder how unnatural the thumb feels at the higher angle. Have any of you experienced soreness/pain in your hands after extensive use?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='180husher']No pain, no soreness. It only feels weird the first day or two of use, after that, not having them feels more weird. I bring my own controller whenever I go to my brother's house because I hate using his Freek-less controllers.

They don't change the stiffness/resistance of the analog sticks on the controller...they simply make it easier to make small aiming adjustments.

You get two in a pack, but since the left stick is for movement you really don't need to use one on it. I'm either running or camping, and I'm sure as hell ain't just walking when I play MW2.[/QUOTE]

I actually get less pain/soreness using the FPSFreeks. I actually have to disagree with husher, as sometimes you want to make small aim adjustments by strafing side to side.

I noticed my left thumb would be sore while my right was fine, so I use them on both sticks. They are great for pretty much any game where you are aiming, or controlling the camera, as it lets you make small adjustments.

The clip ons make the analog sticks longer, increasing the leverage, and reducing the amount of effort it takes to get the stick moving. This means you can make very minute aim adjustments, without overdoing it. I started doing so much better in CoD using these.

The extra weight makes them rebound past center if you let them go, so sometimes you will get extra movement/creep. Not to big of a deal, can be annoying in non-fps games.

Just keep a second controller without the Freeks for sports games, etc. which benefit from the speed and tension of the stock anolog sticks.

I pull the trigger last week on the Combo Pack. Received it in the mail on Saturday and tried out the FPS on BF:BC2 and OMG!!! Sniping is so much easier now...definitely worth the money. I haven't tried the Speed sticks yet. Anyone know what their return policy is in case it doesn't work out?

bread's done
Back