KoTOR II's Ending (Spoilers)

Maizrim

CAGiversary!
I moved this post to this forum, instead of the other thread about KoTOR II's release date.

Correct me if this has been posted before - I did a search and could only find the above thread.

(SPOILERS)

While this thread is a bit old, I thought I would piggyback with a few KoTOR II questions and comments. I did a search to see if this had been said before and this thread seemed the best place to start when I did not find what I was looking for.

The first thing is that the ending was cut extremely short due to what many believe is a rushed job in time for a pre-Christmas release. I just spent an hour going through this thread over at Obsidian's Forum and you would be surprised just how much got cut...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764

I finished the game late last night (around 3:30AM) and while I LOVED the game, the ending was almost as bad as MechAssault 2.

The fact that entire plots were just ignored made this game worse than a Robert Jordan book! The HK-47 plot, the fact that we had to assume that Bao-Dur died in the crash on Malachor-V, and that side mission with his droid and GO-TO was not finished after the big finale fight bugged the crap out of me.

The thread above explains a lot and shows us what could have been. If they had kept everthing in the game, I believe this game could have been SO much better than the first KoTOR.

EDIT:

I wanted to copy/paste this from the above thread - I think it lets us in on a lot of what could have been...

About the HK factory
Listen to them Here

[HK is torturing an HK-50 unit to make him confess the location of the HK Factory]

47: Command: You will talk.
50: Defiant Statement: There is nothing you can do to me. Do your worst.
{Being electrocuted}Agonized Exclamation: Ah, my photoreceptors! My photoreceptors!
47: Statement: I shall up the charge to your circuits next time. Now answer the question.
50: {Just electrocuted, a little weak}Posturing Statement: I will never talk.
47: Statement: Then I will have to settle for your screams.
Atton: {Watching HK torture the droid, shaking his head, disturbed}That is one sick droid.

{The HK-50 unit screams in a most comical way}

47: Statement: My prisoner has revealed something of interest. Allow me to share it with you.
Statement: The facility that is creating these cruder, unsophisticated versions of me is located on Telos. I propose we go there and turn it into a smoldering crater.

There are some dialog lines too involving some training the HK units undertook in the facility, like victim torturing/interrogating techniques that are HILARIOUS (It includes a masoquist unit and a begging unit shifty.gif ). HK-47 managed to enter the factory and destroyed the HK-50s with help from the new HK-51s. These last units question -47 about their purpose in the universe, and he answers in a most enjoyable way...

These lines also express some of HK-47 feelings towards its former party members... put them up just for fun grin.gif Never thought Bastila could be sooo sexy fear.gif hahaha

About Remote and G0T0

OOk. Got it. Wanna know what was really intended to happen in that final scene in Malachor V with Remote and G0-T0 in it? Our beloved assassin droid was supposed to save the day! Yes, in the StreamVoice\901\sensorfi folder of your game, several audio files indicate that just when poor little Remote was going to be terminated by "the fat-one", HK-47 jumped in scene to stop him. G0-T0 had some aces up its sleeve, too, as a bunch of HK-51 droids were there to protect him from -47. Nevertheless, those droids couldn't harm their predecessor, and followed only HK-47 commands, so they shut down the "fat-one" instead. Why did the droids obey -47 and why didn't we get to see this scene? One simple answer: because it involved actions taken out at the HK factory, which Goto controlled, and which was completely cut out from the game.

About some Atton lines
Listen to them Here

{X-Box Live}I'm Atton. I actually wasn't supposed to make it into the final game, but I was created at the last minute. Blame my agent. I was actually slated for a spin-off to Jedi Knight, but I don't want to talk about what happened there.
{[X-Box Live] Looks up, sees an attractive woman in underwear, appreciative but slightly sarcastic. Wide-eyed innocent, like Anakin in Episode 1}Are you an angel?
Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it.

Exact page of thread can be found here:
http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764&st=105

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']That was a good read. I really wish all that made it into the final game because it was so much better than the finale we got.[/QUOTE]

You got that right.

The sad thing is that they already had the voice overs made and hidden in the PC version. You can listen to them on that web site (part of what I copy/pasted) in both .mp3 and .wma format.

There is even a web site dedicated to the "restoration" of KoTOR II here:

The Sith Lords Restoration Project

It was started by the person (Aurora) who found all the hidden stuff in the first place.

I read that and I've got to say it really depresses me. I loved the game, as well as the first installment, and really felt empty with the end. If they had just polished it up a little more it could have been so much better.

I agree that is super depressing, I understand why the game got rushed but the ending was butchered and left a hollow shell even though it would have sold just as many units 6 months later. I mean its freakin star wars, sequal to a game that everybody and their mother's praised. What a shame

Again - Spoiler warning...

The entire ending as Kreia dies and goes on about trying to tie up the loose threads/plots of the story were laughable.

The fact that the whole premise of influence in the game became a moot point when the effect of that influence could not be fulfilled. (Much of the cut storyline had some of your party members sacrificing themselves for you at the end of the game, depending on your path)

In the end, it felt like the series finale of the X-Files - long, drawn out and in a way only created more questions after it was all said and done.

bread's done
Back