L.A. Noire Complete for $19.99 @ Target

[quote name='Blaster man']Not bad if you missed it on clearance a few months ago for $9 at Target in store. I enjoyed the game quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

This IS in-store. You must have come across the standard edition being clearanced out or a YMMV situation from a suicidal DM.

[quote name='KtMack23']Does anyone know if saves and achievements carry over from the vanilla version?[/QUOTE]

The game uses a new save - so if you finished the vanilla u have to finish this game again to play the dlc!!!! It's BS!!

[quote name='cagfansub']What's the difference between this "Complete Edition" and the standard edition?[/QUOTE]

It includes all the previously released DLC for la noire. Kind of like the goty editions for other games. Good deal if you havent played the game yet.

[quote name='elkanich']The game uses a new save - so if you finished the vanilla u have to finish this game again to play the dlc!!!! It's BS!![/QUOTE]

Yup, it sucks that not only does the save not carry over, but the DLC cases are integrated into the game as if you finished the game and just bought them, so you have to play the entire story to open them up again if you previously had the vanilla. The least they could have done was add a DLC cases sub-menu or something.

[quote name='Trace17']Yup, it sucks that not only does the save not carry over, but the DLC cases are integrated into the game as if you finished the game and just bought them, so you have to play the entire story to open them up again if you previously had the vanilla. The least they could have done was add a DLC cases sub-menu or something.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know that. Thanks dont know if i will be picking this up now
la

[quote name='Nintendonly']This IS in-store. You must have come across the standard edition being clearanced out or a YMMV situation from a suicidal DM.[/QUOTE]

Um...no I got it for 9.99 a couple months ago from Target in-store just like he did(and yes it was the Complete Edition). It was during the Target Mobile/NextWorth promotion(last week of April)-sorry you missed that one it was awesome!

[quote name='Nintendonly']This IS in-store. You must have come across the standard edition being clearanced out or a YMMV situation from a suicidal DM.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was the Complete Edition. It was $9 and they had STACKS of them. I bought one then went back a couple days later to buy the rest and they were all gone.

Yeah, as others have already jumped in and said... This was on normal clearance cycle a few months ago. Got mine for 9.98 haha, and it was reported by tons of people.

Still a deal though, just kinda odd they'd bump it back up to MSRP and then put it on "sale" when it was already on full clearance.

Come to think of it, a lot of the games that were clearanced out during that time all disappeared at my store around the same time...just poof, gone...and I know they weren't there long enough to be pitched. Wonder if we'll see the same thing happen to Driver and Crysis 2.

[quote name='inky1600']It was during the Target Mobile/NextWorth promotion(last week of April)[/QUOTE]

So it wasn't immediately $9.99. You had to trade something in first in order for you to get it for $9.99.

Yeah i grab it for 10 during the tradein promo but i had to pay a few bucks for games to tradein. I missed when it was on clearance.

[quote name='Nintendonly']So it wasn't immediately $9.99. You had to trade something in first in order for you to get it for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

It was regular clearance and you didn't have to trade ANYTHING to get that price. It was on clearance like anything else you might see on clearance. I got the complete edition, beat it, and now sold it on eBay for twice what I paid for it. Great deal. Great game. Great clearance.

Gameplay is not very good.

The concept is cool, descent story A+ voice acting though and great production level. Just honestly though as a "Video Game" I would have liked more gameplay. Unless I was retired or had all of the time in the world this game simply is not for me. Way to slow and not enough gameplay.

[quote name='tears2040']Gameplay is not very good.

The concept is cool, descent story A+ voice acting though and great production level. Just honestly though as a "Video Game" I would have liked more gameplay. Unless I was retired or had all of the time in the world this game simply is not for me. Way to slow and not enough gameplay.[/QUOTE]

It was pretty much an adventure game. If you like the telltale games then you would like la noire.

I bought it at launch and finished it is the dlc really good? Does it add 4-5 hrs of new cases? Not sure if. Should wait for even a lower price point

[quote name='Blaster man'][quote name='tears2040']Gameplay is not very good.

The concept is cool, descent story A+ voice acting though and great production level. Just honestly though as a "Video Game" I would have liked more gameplay. Unless I was retired or had all of the time in the world this game simply is not for me. Way to slow and not enough gameplay.[/QUOTE]
It was pretty much an adventure game. If you like the telltale games then you would like la noire.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Now I know to skip it.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Thanks for this. Now I know to skip it.[/QUOTE]

No problem. It is an open world but don't expect tons of action on a constant basis. You run people down, have gun battles, etc. there's an open world but you can get your partner to drive (and save a lot of time). I read a lot of reviewers said that's all they ever did. I tried driving myself for a while then eventually had the computer do it (it skips to the location right away). There are random police calls you can do but IMO they fucking sucked.

There are interrogations and such. You can often chose who you want to put in jail. I liked the story quite a bit and since it's broken up into case files, it's easy to find a stopping point.

[quote name='Nintendonly']So it wasn't immediately $9.99. You had to trade something in first in order for you to get it for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

No actually it was $9.98 with the red clearance tag and I used the trade in coupon to get it for nothing:)

I played the game and all the dlc and I hated this game. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the main character wasn't a dick, they built up to the end more, and it was five hours shorter.

[quote name='KtMack23']I played the game and all the dlc and I hated this game. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the main character wasn't a dick, they built up to the end more, and it was five hours shorter.[/QUOTE]

Wow, it took me a lot longer than five hours.

At least they explained why he was a such a dick.

I played it in black and white mode for 95% and took my time with it. Had a good time with it. But I am a fan of The Naked City. Was fun to play the case influenced by the film.

damn.. some people are apparently disappointed with the game... now idk anymore.. hmm though $20 is cheap!

im playing RDR right now, and its literally one of the best games ive ever played. literally drawn into the story and character. i love john marston. my background image on my ps vita are RDR wallpapers

[quote name='Trace17']Yup, it sucks that not only does the save not carry over, but the DLC cases are integrated into the game as if you finished the game and just bought them, so you have to play the entire story to open them up again if you previously had the vanilla. The least they could have done was add a DLC cases sub-menu or something.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this was quite the surprise to me when I picked it up and popped it in. Any progress towards achievements is lost too, which especially sucks if you're trying to find all the cars.

Thankfully I unlocked everything on the vanilla version before I gave it back to my brother, but was quite surprised to find out it was a total blank slate with the complete version. I expected it to be like a Bethesda release where I could just patch the DLC in and the missions would popup on the case desk. Not so much.

That said, I didn't really mind going through the game again. It was fun enough for me, and the flow of the DLC into the main game made it that much more seamless. $20 isn't a bad price for this set if you're into this kind of game.

[quote name='KtMack23']I played the game and all the dlc and I hated this game. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the main character wasn't a dick, they built up to the end more, and it was five hours shorter.[/QUOTE]
I love reading stuff like this. If you hated it, why did you keep playing it, and why on earth would you do the DLC files? Life's too short.

[quote name='simmias']I love reading stuff like this. If you hated it, why did you keep playing it, and why on earth would you do the DLC files? Life's too short.[/QUOTE]

Trophies? The story? Try to get his money's worth? Interrogation mechanic? All valid reasons for playing through the thing, even if one disliked the overall experience

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow, it took me a lot longer than five hours.[/QUOTE]
I'm saying it shouldve ended sooner. Not that the whole game was five hours. It could've ended after the homicide cases honestly.
[quote name='simmias']I love reading stuff like this. If you hated it, why did you keep playing it, and why on earth would you do the DLC files? Life's too short.[/QUOTE]
Well, I bought the DLC before I even had the game because it was all on sale for $5, and when you have all the dlc before you play the game, it's integrated into the main storyline. I was hoping it's be like red dead, where I didn't like it at the start but loved it after that, but the whole game just didn't work for me.
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I had to follow a guide because I could never tell when someone was actually lying, the only reason I finished it was to see the end of the story, which I found disappointing.

bread's done
Back