L.A. Noire - Gen. Discussion & Info - Rockstar Pass 800pts: All Pre-order DLC + More!

Just started the third disc last night. I'll be ready to trade this game when I finish it. Too repetitive, and I've lost interest in the dlc. Plus, I have too many other games to play, anyways. I don't drive in the game at all, unless I have to actually chase someone.

I bought the Rockstar pass. And I have the badge pursuit installed. The badges aren't showing up where they are supposed to be though.

This game drags soooo god damn much by the time you get to Vice. I just want to finish the story already and frankly the story has become so dumb I don't care.

[quote name='Rodimus']I beat this last night. Good game, great story, shitty ending.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I literally just beat the game.

I sat there after the ending going....:bs:

I got a little burned out on this game at the start of the Vice desk, put it down for about a month, then picked it up last night and I'm having a lot of fun with it again. Taking a break was key I think.

FYI for people waiting for a price drop, this game will be $35 next week at KMart. It will probably be that price on their website also, and usually there's $1 shipping available.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I got a little burned out on this game at the start of the Vice desk, put it down for about a month, then picked it up last night and I'm having a lot of fun with it again. Taking a break was key I think.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Took a big break in the middle of Homocide (which I don't recommend) and I'm now just about to finish up Vice.

[quote name='shieryda']Just started the third disc last night. I'll be ready to trade this game when I finish it. Too repetitive, and I've lost interest in the dlc. Plus, I have too many other games to play, anyways. I don't drive in the game at all, unless I have to actually chase someone.[/QUOTE]

That's how I did all the driving once I hit Vice. The game picks up a bit towards the end but the ending...:roll:.

This was definitely a cool concept and a very fun game for the first half. The problem is the gimmick began to wear off and the core gameplay was just bland. I applaud them for trying something new though.

Finished the game last night, and I actually enjoyed the ending. The ending scenes were oddly short and abrupt compared to other cutscenes in the game, but it did make sense to me that
Cole died. It was the only way he could redeem his reputation. I liked that they were able to bring down some elements of the conspiracy but had to make a deal with Worrell and Earle. And I warmed to playing as Kelso after his awesome "negotiation" scene with Leland Monroe.

There was one element of the backstory that I didn't fully get: the whole thing about Cole's squad being behind Kelso's squad in clearing out the caves they were supposed to clear. Was Cole's squad behind because Cole was being too careful and meticulous-- making it doubly ironic that it was him who made the horrendous mistake at the hospital? Or did he make the mistake because he was rushing to catch up to Kelso's squad? Or was it just that Hogeboom rushed in guns-blazing and didn't listen to Cole, and it didn't have anything to do with whose squad was ahead or behind?

Overall I liked the game, but honestly they probably could have dropped the entire Homicide desk. It didn't factor into the overarching conspiracy plot like everything else did, and it would have helped keep the pacing from dragging in the middle of the game. Or maybe just merged the Traffic and Homicide desks somehow since most of the Traffic cases seemed to involve a homicide or attempted homicide anyway.

I'm still on the 1st disc and I thought it seemed pretty repetitive already. I would assume this game is better to play a couple of cases and then play something else and then come back to it?

Beat Reefer Madness yesterday. I enjoyed the atmosphere of it but it was fairly short and very straightforward as the interview questions barely needed any thought or analysis.

I think I've made up my mind that I'm going to try and complete the 1400 GS for this game. I got the street crimes and locations done yesterday, but I still have all of the film reels and almost half of the cars to collect (there's even more random crap to collect in this game than in Fable!), not to mention like 14 cases to go back and 5-star. I'm working on Alice also, and I'm thinking I'll alternate between the two games each day to keep either one from getting stale.

I just finish all the dlc and was debating should I sell the game. Now the new info pop up on possible dlc... so I dunno.... Not sure if I really want to get a game third time.

I beat this last night. I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it was very interesting, and I particularly enjoyed the interviewing. At first it seemed very easy,when someone was lying to you they would look all over the place, and it was obvious they where lying, but later in the game (as you deal with better liars) it becomes much harder to tell. You find yourself wondering...did his mouth twitch? Does that mean hes lying? Hes blinking alot... ect.

What I didn't like is that the game is *very* linear. There is only 1 ending, and none of the very minor choices you make matter that much. To me, that really limits replay value. If you are anal you can go back and collect everything and do all the street crime missions, but it doesn't seem like they have any real point other then seeing extra cutscenes or adding to your rank.

I ended up really disliking Cole. By the end of the first disk I already thought that he was a judgmental boy scout prick. Then he cheats on his wife which makes him a hypocrite and a dick. He may be a talented detective, but how do you go to bed at night preaching one thing and practicing another?

As far as the WWII flashbacks, I got the impression that the reason Cole's unit fell behind was because he was an incompetent leader, but I don't get the impression that it was his fault the civilians died. Hogeboom seemed a bit overzealous, and unfortunately those kinds of things happen in wartime. The real issue seemed to be that the men where fed up of his crap by then, and instead of rallying them and helping them get over it together, everything just fell apart. I think they wounded him because they knew it would send him home, and they didn't want to be under his command anymore.
I may get the Rockstar Pass. I am not sure its worth it yet. I may just let my husband finish up the game and then trade it back in before the value drops too much.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hmmm i went through the soundtrack samples over at amazon and couldnt find the song i like most. (same thing happened to me in GOW3, the song i liked most wasnt on the soundtrack) It plays when you first drive to a crime scene i believe. You can hear it here, starting at 2:20. Anyone have an idea what that song is called?

PS the clip is from The Red Lipstick Murder, in case you dont want to see any spoilers.

I guess the time stamp url code doesnt work well with auto embedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at6H_DrPUh0#t=2m20s[/QUOTE]

Anyone have an idea where i can get this song?

Is the soundtrack any good?

Now that this game is out on PC, I'm torn between which version to pick up. I would prefer the controls of the 360 version I think, and would also enjoy playing it on my bigger TV and with surround sound, but I also recently built a new gaming PC that could probably run the game well, and give me better graphics than the console. Then again, Rockstar PC ports have traditionally been pure crap so maybe not...

Also I already bought the rockstar pass DLC thing on the 360, so I can probably get the game for cheaper on that system. I'm in no rush though as I already have several other games to play as well.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Is the soundtrack any good?

Now that this game is out on PC, I'm torn between which version to pick up. I would prefer the controls of the 360 version I think, and would also enjoy playing it on my bigger TV and with surround sound, but I also recently built a new gaming PC that could probably run the game well, and give me better graphics than the console. Then again, Rockstar PC ports have traditionally been pure crap so maybe not...

Also I already bought the rockstar pass DLC thing on the 360, so I can probably get the game for cheaper on that system. I'm in no rush though as I already have several other games to play as well.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]
I like it, but a lot of people dislike the Woman singer.

FYI the vanilla version of this game is on a Temporary Price Drop at Target for $20. Getting that plus Rockstar Pass is cheaper than the Ultimate Version of the game if you're waiting.

I already beat the vanilla version, but just ordered the complete version on amazon for 30.

Question

- will it work with my old save, or do i have to do everything over again?

bread's done
Back